[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/unts, what sort of things would you like to see in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Wasteland2Art.jpg (442 KB, 1700x1138) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland2Art.jpg
442 KB, 1700x1138
Alright /k/unts, what sort of things would you like to see in a post-apoc/shtf genre game, like fallout, but without the zaney shit, and without the majority of the sci-fi shit?

I've got two main ideas going atm, the setting is alternate reality 'retro-future' minus the out-there sci-fi things, no lasers and shit, just good old fashioned wood and steel guns...so the bombs/cataclysm happened in the 50's-60's.

Or the usual, cold-war era nuclear war kicked off, and the guns/tech is period correct up until the 80's.

What seems more appealing to you? Also what are some other cool ideas/concepts that you think would be good?
>>
OP here, I had some other random thought that in an alternate reality the US adopted the EM-2 or equivalent, and weapons sort of stuck with the wood furniture look up until the cold war, or possibly beforehand, and the apocalyptic event doesn't necessarily have to be nuclear in nature...What are some other ideas that may not of been touched upon in a medium like this before?
>>
>>29300212
Apocalypse where ants have been weaponized by antman and we live in a world where we are fighting against the raging ants.

It would be fallout but with more ants!
>>
>>29300240
Oh-Uh...its the crazy ant guy in my thread!

On a more serious note, I haven't ruled out the idea of aliens/mutants/fucking-whatever...dunno about an army of weaponized ants, pretty sure we would all be fucked in that scenario.
>>
>>29300240
Hoobity doobity.
>>29300212
Not everyone having access to full giggle. Lots of semi-autos, bolt actions that aren't all instakill fudd or 3,000 AI guns (Maybe scout pattern and milsurp), shotguns worth a shit.
80's cutoff, because a lot of cool stuff cropped up in those 2-3 decades.
>>
>>29300262
We would be living out in the ocean colony because ants can't swim and we won't be on dry land but we would just fly around in helicopters burning shit up with flamethrowers to kill the weaponized ants.
>>
>>29300280
Yeah I feel you on the idea of a lot less full funz in the game, I want their to be a use for old milsurp shit laying around everywhere, alot of M1's and M14's and so on (there's a fucking myriad of guns to choose from being situated in burgerland, but I am leaning towards stream lining it as much as possible, while still catering to the /k/ommandos).
>>
>>29300308
**there, and of coarse the millions of moist nugs and other bolt actions in need of love.
>>
Post-apoc Florida, where the timeline diverged in the 80's, and you've got Miami Vice style flashy ferraris and white linen power suits with padded shoulderpads, being worn with the sleeves rolled up by the survivors. Everything's neon, synth music and pistols with *big* laser designators, you'll see 80's Desert Eagle pistols used by musclebound steroid junkies, with the occasional "flak jacket" body armour worn. You'll have a few computer systems that are implausibly capable - "knight rider" style AI's in muscle cars, and "Blue Thunder" and "Airwolf" style helicopters being used by the Police Militia etc.
Nascar "winston cup" cars used as pursuit interceptors on the remains of the Interstate that leads between the drug baron-controlled Miami Island, (a defensive citadel built on the irradiated island where one nuke hit, the lagoon crater around it forming a natural moat, with just one pontoon bridge over), where its mostly Soviet Bloc surplus Hinds and BTR-60's salvaged from the failed Cuba Invasion., through the gator-infested greater swamplands (populated by rad-mutated Gators and insane rednecks toting FALs, M16s, and Mini-14s with oversized optics. Yes, that may be both the gators and the rednecks toting them), boats around the Florida Keys, etc.
>>
>>29300359
Ha hah! I like your style, a bit divergent, but good none the less.

I'm getting an 80's era response here so far, no one feeling like harkoning back to the 50's-60's with chunky wood and steel firearms in all their glory? I gives more credence to the widespread use of older milsurp firearms.
>>
>>29300308
Rifles:
Ping machine, 9mm "minuteman" carbine, FAL(L1A1 while we were still buying stuff from the brits) and scout-pattern .308, Standard nugget, Sniper nugget, AR15 (Rifle and commando pattern), Pistol cal lever action, grease gun.
Pistols: 1911, revolver in same caliber as the levergun, 1917 colt/S&W, High Power, Obrez.
Shotguns: Coach style, 500/590, "Witness protection"- pattern pump, some sort of semi-auto (No personal experience with them, can't give good ones).
If mods are going to be involved, giggle mods for the FAL & AR15's, perhaps minuteman carbine. Grease gun being giggle by defualt.
>>29300383
The small caliber rifle was just kicking off in the 60's, and would otherwise leave us with lots of heavy, large caliber guns that would be hard to differentiate in-game.
>>
>>29300411
Yeah that's the one issue I see with a 50's-60's era-type of timeline, there being next to nothing chambered in 5.56x45 or intermediate rounds in general, there would be a severe lack of assault rifles, the closest would be like full auto .30 cal carbines and shit like that, but even then that's more like a SMG, there would be mostly battle rifles, smg's and some light and possibly heavy machine guns, hence why I had the thought of making it alternate reality where the US adopted the EM-2 to replace the M14, but even then, there would still be a sever lack of assault rifles...
>>
>>29300383
>no one feeling like harkoning back to the 50's-60's with chunky wood and steel firearms in all their glory?

its been done. done to death.

I'd like a 80's themed one, because it would be fun to just take it completely mad, and riff off all those completely insane TV show from childhood - A-team, Airwolf, Knight Rider, Miami vice, etc.

But in many ways, "post apoc" has been done to death so many times, its like "zombie" stuff. its just tired, repetitive.

So, you know what I'd LOVE to see? Something that's completely different. I'd like to see a post-apoc game where it was a failed alien invasion, and mankind has finally united. People arent at each other's throats, people arent mad, and they certainly arent wearing rags and road signs, and all that tired old shit that's been done to death 101 times. The player's shipping in medical aid to a close-knit community that's been cut off by the attacks, and they get dragged into some storyline dealing with the eradication of one of the remaining bastions of the opposing forces. And people are united, they're helping, they're working together. They create stuff that looks good, not ramshackle rube goldberg machines. they're starting to use captured tech, but its rare as hell.

Something like that. I want to see a post-apoc that's not the same, boring, tired old shit that copies mad max and fallout, and all that shit. I want originality.
>>
The WHO FUCKING KNOWS angle is pretty beast. Shit just kinda happened you know? One minute everything was normal, I was shitposting on k with a sci-fi thread. Next thing you know the power went out. I heard a crash outside, and I looked out the window. My neighbor was arguing with a drunk driver who just crashed into his parked car. Eventually the drunk driver reached into his car and grabbed a crow bar and attacked my neighbor. I rushed outside and ended up having to shoot the driver. My phone wasn't working, my other neighbors started coming outside and I didn't know what to do. I checked to see if my neighbor was still alive but he was obviously dead. No one had power anywhere and the phone lines weren't working either...
>>
>>29300471
Yeah thats the thing, I am not thinking along the lines of Mad Max or Fallout, I said fallout just as a reference to the sort of game mechanics it would have, not necessarily the thematic direction, I too have thought of other things such as invasions, meteors, alien virus's brought from meteors, man-made virus/chemical warfare (though those two make for some pretty bleak settings, especially chemical)...I was thinking more realism and nitty-gritty, guns are rare, sufficient armour to protect from firearms is even more rare etc etc...I'm thinking more along the lines of what gear will the players get to use in the game, more so than what is the cause of the cataclysm in the first place.

Though I do appreciate you and others throwing ideas out there for that as well, and I'm taking this all into careful consideration.
>>
Post-Apoc 1880's Frontier.

The US collapsed in the fires of the Civil War after one Lafayette B. DuBois developed the fusion bomb, and the technology was captured by the other side. North and South alike burned, 25% of the population was killed, and thankfully with it, the technology that built those bombs.

Now its 1882. the indians are on the warpath reclaiming what was theirs, pushing people out from the West. California's gone, the Rockies are no-man's land, the plains indians are uniting. The players' one of the last of the Trouble Shooters, from the old Railroad companies. the old boss survived the war, and they want to ensure they come out on top...

That could be an interesting setting.
>>
File: vbnvbnnnn.png (885 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
vbnvbnnnn.png
885 KB, 800x533
I would love cold war era wepons lots and lots of them all the oldschool taticool stuff from the 60s to 80s
>>
>>29300580
That's a pretty unique take on the idea of post-apoc...reminds me of 'Weird West' a bit.
>>
File: 1442303855714.jpg (689 KB, 3500x2137) Image search: [Google]
1442303855714.jpg
689 KB, 3500x2137
>>2930028

>tell me about the great ant wars grampa
>>
>>29300635
Maybe you can make it like a nuclear war went down and the remnants of the Soviet and US are still at war
>>
>>29300471
>I'd like to see a post-apoc game where it was a failed alien invasion, and mankind has finally united. People arent at each other's throats, people arent mad, and they certainly arent wearing rags and road signs, and all that tired old shit that's been done to death 101 times.

Falling Skies was pretty close to this.
>>
>>29300718
Yeah I was thinking I had seen a similar concept before, also wasn't there a series that was Playstation exclusive that was an alternate reality with 40's/50's tech weaponry and an alien invasion happening?...Resistance or something like that?
>>
>>29300212
Have your weapons reflect actual state firearms laws. If The Division forced players to use NY legal guns, we would probably have a lot more pro gun gamers because they would be pissed off for being nerfed so hard.
>>
>>29300212
Can you make it like Super Mario Bro's?
>>
>>29300212
Hunger
Thirst
Sleep deprivation and exhaustion effects
Encumbrance
Mobility effects of carrying gear
>>
File: Snapchat-4430317158776607772.jpg (282 KB, 720x1184) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4430317158776607772.jpg
282 KB, 720x1184
Horses! Innawoods / western shit with a fucked up twist. Like gas mask cannibals who raise babies to eat them. Also realistic survival elements like shelter water food trapping. Id play that game.
>>
>>29300212
>I would just like to see Innawoods happen.
>>
>>29300212
Alright faggot polymer word last longer then wood, but enjoy you'r video game.
>>
Less common use of military SMGs,
More homebuilt crossbows and scrap SMGs/shotguns based off Favela/Philippino hut /khyber pass production weapons (instead of the dumb shit Fallout 4 tried to pass as pipe guns)

Pipe grenade launchers,
Both barrel mounted on a single shot shotgun and some crazy underbarrel design (the blueprints for which does exist)
>>
>>29300718
And people were still at each other's throats
>>
File: 20100610_1882389.jpg (69 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
20100610_1882389.jpg
69 KB, 600x400
I'd take a game that has some guns either not featured or rarely shown, but not like radical prototypes or anything new and tacticool. Some guns in today's games just feel over done to me, and I would like an opportunity to try something different, like a HK33 or a AR18.
>>
>>29305157
Different army's fighting in a destroyed city
The surface is war and the lower into the city you go the more ruined it is
There are caves and deeper cave with stranger and stranger mutants animals and creatures
The army doesn't know why it's fighting
And the only way to ever stop fighting is to travel deep underground
Bullets, guns, body armor, clothes you can find make or craft, traps, rideable horses/animals, crafting, bomb making, traps to kill enemy's, way to take trophys, visual and stat drugs like adrenaline shots that make you'r moving and ability a quick while giving you tunnel vision, realistic damage and healing, bullet reloading, can have followers who are use full and no limits, creatures and enemy's that hunt you down, bosses and bosses that hunt you down, no tutorial, weather that makes you cold and wet or hot and burning up, actually have to have character eat food and wait for him can still walk while eating/ drinking/ taking time to heal/ visual effects, more swearing, more blood and gore, can bleed out or break bones or hemorage, carry limits, can't pack 10 guns unless you have holsters belts and straps, can have a animal attached to a cart and throw items in there, noc steal and attack when you sleep or are recruiting them, no amazing ass avatar graphics focus on gameplay and how re playable it it is, quest and bounty hunting/hunting that pays on skill and how hard easy it would be, compass and maps, PDAs once the run out you need to pay to charge them at towns or army bases, ability to play a guitar, skill progression though I don't want a skyrim, weapon bashing with butt stock, putting in and taking off scopes/lasers, using different types of mags and ammo, eerie music or non at all, DIFFUCLT CURVE, water oasis you can find, different environments like mountains of death, sandy lost city, the graveyard, wat zone, hell, you never respawn and everything switches, running out of ideas.
>>
>>29300212
I think a game based on a red dawn like scenario would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>29300580
This sounds pretty damn interesting to me.
>>
What if the cause of the happening was one of Tesla's experiments? That'd be fun.
>>
>>29305397
jagged alliance/7.62 HC
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.