[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy a Tec9? I hear they always jam. They look cool and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 19
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 117x103) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 117x103
Should I buy a Tec9? I hear they always jam. They look cool and fun to use though.
>>
0/5 on the thumbnail
>>
TECH NINE

CUZ THEY KNOW I MEAN BZNS WHEN I MAKE MY FINISH SHINE

TECH NIIIIINE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubd89Q0utg

;)
>>
>>29298015
Kek

>>29297976
Of course sheeiitttt niuggga
https://youtu.be/Z2YiRgGjF1Y
>>
I got shot at by one multiple times from 15-20 feet away, and didn't get hit once. Could have been the shooter's fault, but I'd give it a 15/39 for accuracy.
>>
>>29298069
>I got shot at by one multiple times from 15-20 feet away
story?
>>
Why were they ever even made?
>>
File: Tech Nine.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tech Nine.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1200
They're fun to take to the range & more accurate than you'd think, but I wouldn't rely on it for my defense.
>>
>>29298077
cheap and full auto
then they were open bolt
then they weren't
>>
yeah you should buy one if you're buying on round 2 after a loss. if you force up you can possibly win since the enemy team won't always full buy on round 2. if it fails you can just do a full save round 3 and then full buy with AKs on round 4.
>>
File: 1233077413461.jpg (46 KB, 470x336) Image search: [Google]
1233077413461.jpg
46 KB, 470x336
>>29298070

Columbine High School, class of 2001.

>sitting on grass outside eating lunch where cafeteria and library come together
>two males at top of stairs to my left
>hear what sounds like fireworks
>dust being kicked up around two students on the opposite side of the shooters
>both students slump over
>shooters turn attention down the stairs they are on top of
>fire at students as base of stairs
>turn on me and my friends
>dirt begins kicking up between me and the shooter
>I turn my head because I think it's a senior prank and paintballs will sting
>shots are redirected towards base of stairs
>I look at shooters like pic related
>hear moan
>turn around to see my friend holding his leg
>leg covered in blood
>other friend slumped over on his side not moving
>look third friend in the eye with a "whattheeverlovingfuck" look
>we both begin running
>no cover for at least 100 yards
>can hear bullets fling over head as we are running
>dirt kicking up in front of me
>look back while running to make sure we are no being chased
>bloody leg managed to get up and run
>he is letting out a primal scream that is being interrupted by the jostling provided by a 1.25-legged sprint
>bloody leg is suddenly hit in the back of the neck
>blood and flesh burst through the front of his face
>he stumbles
>I turn back around and afterburner the fuck out
>climb/jump 8' chainlink fence like it wasn't even there
>find maintenance building for nearby park
>borrow cell phone (mine was in my backpack)
>my 911 call is in Bowling for Columbine

Bloody leg lived, slumped friend lived. Everybody else that I saw get shot died.

Still not sure how I didn't get clipped. the trajectories had me directly in the path between the shooters and my friends.
>>
>>29298224
That fucking sucks. I don't know which is worse, being shot at by school shooters, or ending up in a Michael Moore documentary.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 261x193
>>29298224
Holy shit man, a Columbine survivor on /k/. Funnily enough I actually saved pic related and was planning on posting it in response to the OP as a joke, but decided against it as it was a thumbnail and just a shit joke in general.

Jesus.

That's fucking insane though dude, glad you made it out of there alive and safe(for the most part). It's really weird how crazy shit was on that day and how to think that it was a fucking bombing initially.
>>
>>29298186
So they weren't military or based of anything? Seems strange to make a full auto pistol just cus
>>
>>29298214
>full save round 3
when will this meme end
>>
>>29298214
Depends on bomb plants too. R1 plant is r2 p250/nobuy into r3 fullbuy - few nades.
>>
>>29298271

I consider them nearly equal in heinousness, with the deaths juuust edging Moore out.

>>29298279

I was surprised it wasn't the first post, to be honest. I guess this isn't /b/ though...
>>
File: 37531x5.jpg (73 KB, 700x535) Image search: [Google]
37531x5.jpg
73 KB, 700x535
>>29298284
its based of the Interdynamic MP-9
>>
>not getting a taser for $200 and stealing a rifle

this is how i know you have no balls
>>
>>29298328
Ahh ok. Thanks
>>
File: disgust.jpg (34 KB, 409x416) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
34 KB, 409x416
>>29298331
>taser
>CT only

>tec-9
>T only
>>
>>29298316
So since you were there, can you set the record straight? Was Columbine actually full of bullies or is that just stupid bullshit spread by the liberal left?
>WAHHHH BULLIEZ CAUS DA SHOTINGZ ;-;
>>
>>29298346
>taser
>CT only

it's not tho
>>
>>29298351
This anon what was the real deal??
>>
>>29298316
>>29298224

Holy shit link to phone call?

It's probably in bad taste to ask, but oh well. That's fucking crazy and terrifying if true. .pretty shit. Sorry you had to go through that.
>>
Wasn't it you had too use a lower or higher grain 9mm for it too not jam so much?
>>
>>29297976

This is mostly due to absolute shit mag springs.

Swap them bitches out and it's good to go.
>>
>>29298351

It wasn't worse than any other high school. Junior high was worse. Eric and Dylan did their best to bring the hate towards themselves, and weren't always the victim. The only difference between them and the people that bullied them was numbers. It was them vs everyone, and they willingly handed out plenty of reasons to get picked on.

>>29298389

Youtubing Columbine stuff usually puts me into a weird place. Sorry, anon. If I remember correctly, it was in the series of 911 calls at the beginning of the movie.
>>
>>29298454
Jeeze.
Did you ever talk to them? I keep reading things about Dylan being a weird socially anxious fucktard who bullied retards and Eric being a pussy slammer.
>>
>>29298454
How does it feel knowing you were complicit in the abuse against them by allowing it and that you indirectly caused the tragedy which ultimately occurred? You fucking monster.
>>
>>29298490
Fuck off you fucking liberal bed wetting faggot.

Eric was a psychopathic jerk ass and Dylan was a limpdick depressive. It would have happened no matter what. Eric was just a naturally terroristic fuck.
>>
File: fm.jpg (247 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
fm.jpg
247 KB, 600x800
>>29298224
So you were a sophomore? That's some unreal shit, thanks for posting.
>>
>>29298473

I sat with them once. Dylan was scratching things into the table with an Exacto knife, and Eric was carrying on benign conversation with the rest of the "trenchcoat mafia". Dylan would walk through the halls between classes with a permanent scowl on his face, sunglasses, a beret, combat boots, and a trenchcoat (even though it was sunny and 80º out). He would intentionally bump shoulders and walk in a straight line. If he hadn't shot up a school, his life wasn't going anywhere any time soon.
>>
>>29298524
Well shit.
There you go.

Ultimate proof that any bullying was caused by them(or atleast Dylan)bringing shit onto themselves. Also makes me rethink the whole
>dylan is a depresive ;-;
thing.

Thanks for the valuable insight Anon. I'd hate to bring up any bad memories for you though.
>>
>>29298516

Yessir. 15-year-old sophomore. We moved out of Littleton about 7 months after the shooting. It became a haven for people that wanted to get on the news due to the Columbine "buzzword".
>>
>>29298524
So autismo fucks were always the same no matter what time period huh?
>>
>>29298505
ayy ALL school shooters are martyrs against a sick society

blame SOCIETY for pushing them to that point not the victims

celebrate these events for bringing awareness of the problem
>>
>>29298490
As someone that received more than their fair share of bullying in Elementary and Middle school, their actions are entirely on them.

The actions of others do not absolve you of personal responsibility nor cause you to act in a certain way.
>>
>>29298543
Any interesting conversations about it afterward? Anything about defending guns in light of what happened?
>>
>>29298538

I've had to accept what happened, and for the longest time I was confused as to what caused it. As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that some people are just "like that" and very few decide to step over the line and make their fantasies into realities.

I'm ok talking about this stuff. If I can use my experience to help others, it helps me.
>>
>>29298524
what was it like in the weeks after the shooting? did anyone in the school ever talk about it or did they just immediately put it behind them and try to ignore it? i've always had a weird fascination with this sorta thing, like how people carry on in life after something like that happens.
>>
>>29298524
Did they ever act in a different fashion or were they always pretty off?
>>
I like how this thread has went from a tec9 thread to a thread about asking a Columbine survivor about Eric and Dylan's fashion sense.
>>
>>29298572
ayy in this deterministic world responsibility does not exist

the unlucky shooters more than anyone are the true victims
>>
how do things get archived here? This shit is so interesting and important itd be a shame to lose it to 404. Thank you for sharing this with us anon (assuming its legit, you never know ey)
>>
>>29298224
I know someone who claims he talked to them online and came up with the idea for the Trenchcoat Mafia.
>>
File: 555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg (55 KB, 598x370) Image search: [Google]
555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg
55 KB, 598x370
>>29298224
>>bloody leg is suddenly hit in the back of the neck
>>blood and flesh burst through the front of his face
>>he stumbles

Yeah, bullshit. There were two deaths out front of the school, one in a hallway (Dave Sanders), and the rest of the fatalities were in the library.

No one got shot dead while running off outside.

Ignore this chump.
>>
>>29298581

If I had been armed that day, there may or may not have been fewer deaths. It's impossible to determine if I would have did exactly what I did (run), or draw. I was outnumbered, and caught completely off guard.

I CC every day now, with the express understanding that it can happen anywhere and at any time. Everywhere I go, I scan for people that don't look "right".

As for school shootings as gun rights, I think it's pretty straight forward. Guns are illegal in Chicago, yet they experience more deaths in schools than any other place combined.
>>
File: Ayyy.jpg (62 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
Ayyy.jpg
62 KB, 500x383
>>29298619
>ayy in this deterministic world responsibility does not exist
There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. Your choices are what matters, you can always choose to be a better person.
>>
>>29298643
He says at the end bloody leg and slumps survived, dumbfuck.
>>
>>29298648
i guess you're too stupid to understand physics or determinism which is totally fine because your shit genes and experiences were obviously the cause of that shitty ignorant behavior and it's ultimately not your fault at all
>>
>>29298643
>No one got shot dead
He says his friend survived
>>
>>29298643

You didn't read the rest of the post, anon.

>>29298592

We ended up finishing our school year out at another high school by splitting the day. There was no teaching happening for the rest of the year. The media turned our school into a circus for months and ruined the park next to the school. If we wanted to return to our daily lives, they weren't going to have it.
>>
>>29298688
Please post anything that can be considered proof. 4chan has made me distrustful.
>>
>>29298636
Things get archived on 3rd party sites.
google "4chan archive" and look for one that keeps /k/ archives.
I don't know which are the main ones anymore.
>>
>>29298921
Yeah this.

But honestly not a big deal if you don't want to - you don't gotta go diggin' out class photos and shit for fucking 4chan users.

Do you have any other interesting info on the two though? Maybe any eerie shit you overheard them say? This is pretty interesting.

Reminds me one time of a guy who posted in /b/ back in 2008 of when he went to Columbine.

>He passes by Dylan in the hall
>"Nice shirt" he says to him
>Dylan said "Thanks you to" without looking him in the eye and quickly walked past him
>The guy looked down at his shirt and noticed it was just a plain white t shirt

Weird how small of a world it is where you have Columbine folk on 4chan.
>>
>>29298927
cheers.
I kinda also meant, whats the process for getting something archived? or is it an automatic thing
>>
>>29298949
You typically have to submit a thread's address for submission. Then the site starts recording the thread or copies it after it passes page 10.
You should post the archive link when you do, so that other people can vote for archival. Usually it requires 4 votes or so.
>>
File: jagsguy.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
jagsguy.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>29298224

Are you jags guy?
>>
File: th-Ned-Kelly-3[1].jpg (34 KB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
th-Ned-Kelly-3[1].jpg
34 KB, 320x214
>>29298224
Given who you say you are, sorry about that if it's true, your opinion is very interesting to me on a certain subject.

Others are wondering too, what's you opinion since then on gun control?

-signed, Australian wastelander
>>
>>29298670
If you don't believe in free will, do you even believe in free thought? I don't mean a metaphor, but do you even think thought can be completely of itself, or do you think every thought is also the result of a massive Goldberg machine-like chemical reaction/program?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9CUIlBOca0

Can't believe I'm saying this.... but >>29298224 TRIGGER WARNING kek

I think the first call is this guy. Says he started at the library (where he says in his post) and ran out to a neighborhood. Doesn't mention anything about his buddies being shot though.
>>
>>29297976
Pros:
>it's cool, especially with the barrel shroud
>makes liberals cry
>a piece of 80s/90s crime history
>kind of fun to dick around with

Cons:
>lots of small parts made out of brittle zamak (cheap metal used to make Hotwheels cars)
>bad quality control on most of them, it's not unusual for sights to be welded on canted
>magazines are finicky and junky, must be kept very clean
>can only shoot 115gr~ ammo, 147gr ammo will cause the plastic frame to begin cracking
>>
>>29298015
What the fuck did I just listen to
>>
>>29298619
>Implying that responsibility is based on philosophical liberty.
>Implying that you need free will to justify law and order.
Fuck off retard. Free will impacts literally nothing about human life, it's something above our pay grade.
>>
>>29298069
They technically shoot pretty straight, but a lot of them have fucked sights from the factory.

>>29298077
Interdynamic tried to sell their new subgun design to the Swedish Army, but they had no interest.
It was decided that they would move to America and sell it as a pistol.

Initially it was an open-bolt semi auto (KG-9), but this was shortly before a new ruling in 82' where it was determined that open-bolt automatics are readily convertible to machineguns (and honestly, they absolutely are). They were forced to change it to a closed bolt design (KG-99), but they saw poor sales and shut down.

Eventually they got bought out by a shady dude and were renamed Intratec, this is when they began making the Tec-9, DC-9, AB-10, etc, which were of considerably lower quality and build.
The old Interdynamics guns weren't fantastic or anything, but they were of decent enough quality for what they were, the Intratecs were typically dogshit.
>>
File: JF-REY-Kaz-Gear-1.jpg (72 KB, 606x406) Image search: [Google]
JF-REY-Kaz-Gear-1.jpg
72 KB, 606x406
>>29298524
Wait Dylan dressed like Kaz
>>
File: Columbine_firearms.jpg (225 KB, 762x313) Image search: [Google]
Columbine_firearms.jpg
225 KB, 762x313
>>29298224
Damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 842x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 842x900
Woah this thread needs to be archived. Please don't be a ruse, Kojima.
>>
someone tries to load up your dice, ruin your night?

tec 9 night.
>>
>>29300349
Frame cracking is caused by bump firing usually.
>>
>>29301324
Sure about that? Because the instruction manuals stated explicitly to not use heavy grain ammunition, like anything heavier than 124gr puts excess wear on the flimsy plastic.
>>
>>29300999
So are any of these guns actually any good?

I've never even fucking heard of a hi point rifle. That thing looks like it is made of plastic.

Why is that duct tape on the hilt of the pump action? The fuck?
>>
>>29298224
I wish antman was here to say something to you shitty or whatever

But anyway

Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>29299514
I believe that gun control should be more inforced than it is already because it was too lax when this happened but after the shooting and the gun laws being implemented the crime rate went down so thats a good thing for me throughout the years.

Alot of people from the school supported gun control afterwards and the only reason I come on here is to just read history on old guns but I would never own a gun because I almost got killed from one.
>>
>>29302571
>Columbia highschool shootout survivor
>anti-gun pro gun control

Why does this not surprise me?
>>
>>29298645
This guy is the survivor
>>29302599
>>
File: hipoint rifle.jpg (74 KB, 600x237) Image search: [Google]
hipoint rifle.jpg
74 KB, 600x237
>>29302377
The shotguns I think were a Stevens pump-action and a Savage double-barrel, decent enough hunting guns, which they cut down.
The grips I think are taped because there floats around a video of them test-firing the gun, and they hurt their hands on the rough sawed down surface where the stock was.

The Hi-Point rifle is actually a pretty ok budget weapon, it takes Hi-Point pistol magazines, available in 9mm, .40, .45 and recently came out in .380
They're alright guns for poorfags, probably the best weapon they had there. Kind of chunky and heavy though, and magazines aren't always amazing.

Then there's the Intratec AB-10 pistol, which is a late derivative of the Tec-9/KG-99, these are pretty poor guns in general, very bad quality, very sensitive magazines.

They had one 15 round magazine (I think for the rifle), and then they had a bunch of 10 round magazines for the pistol and the rifle.

The amount of times I've seen people say they were using machineguns is surreal.
>>
>>29302628
Weren't they using shit ammo too though?
>>
>>29302664
Not him, but i think they did
They were edgy high school kids after all, so i don't they cared or even knew about the quality of ammo
>>
>>29302735
*i don't think
>>
>>29302664
Probably.

I imagine stuff like whitebox and other generic low cost ball ammo, no idea what kind of shells they used, but I imagine at least buckshot given that they managed to hurt themselves with recoil.

They bought their shit illegally from an adult (who got buttfucked like he never had before after the guns were traced to him).

I think it was Eric who tried to buy an AK at a gunshow, but he was thrown out for not having any ID.
>>
>>29300651
Goddamn it. At least Kaz pulls the look off. I had to work hard to convince myself they looked good on me at all.

I just want to wear aviators and feel cool ;-;
>>
>>29298224
>my 911 call is in Bowling for Columbine
so you're Denny Rowe?
>>
File: IMG_3210.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3210.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>29298921
>>29298930
>>29302540

I'm surprised this hasn't 404'd. Busy day for me, so sorry about not replying sooner.
>>
>>29303619

And sorry for pic being flipped, I guess.
>>
>>29297976
I knew a loser wannabe drug dealer who claimed to have bought one for $200 and then found out it was full auto! He thought that was scary so he sold it for $400. And he also said it had a silencer. I asked me to describe a silencer and he said it had the holes in it. He was talking about the vented barrel shroud. Complete fucking moron.
>>
>>29303619
You absolute madman! Well good luck and sorry to hear about a shitty experience man (VTecher here, wasn't there for Cho, but was there when the cop died, fuck news people)
>>
File: 1452277094170-3.jpg (110 KB, 906x813) Image search: [Google]
1452277094170-3.jpg
110 KB, 906x813
>>29298069
>>29298224
>>29298454
>>29298524
>>29298583
>>29298645
>>29298688
>>29302571
>>29303619
Damn dude. Glad you're alive and here to shitpost with us on /k/. Though there's probably better places to be re: old guns.
>>
>>29298224
Buuuulshiiit.
>dirt kicking up between me and shooter
>hear bullets "fling" over head.
You'd know if you were being shot at and certainly wouldn't confuse it with a paintball gun. Anyone whose been shot would bot describe bullets "flinging" past them
>>
>>29304853
He was like 15 dude. He might not have been able to recognize something so fast. He also posted this >>29303619
>>
>>29304853
Media has given people the conception that handguns sounds like shotguns or cannons when going off.

It's not that unusual for people to hear gunshots during a shooting, but not realizing they're gunshots, because they don't sound like what people expect.
>>
>>29305216
Can confirm. I got shot at by some rednecks who were on our land poaching, and it took me a stupid long time to realize what was happening.
>>
>>29297976
Im picking up an AP9 this weekend. Purchased off Gunbroker and it's waiting at my FFL.

Supposed to be a much better built Tec 9. I'll let you know how I like it.
>>
>>29298224
checked incident reports, his story checks out.
>>
>>29305428
same but it was while I was poaching with my redneck father
>>
>>29306324
>>29305428

>/k/ lost connections.
>>
>>29305428
Story time
>>
>>29298224
>Got shot at with one from 15-20 feet away.
>Yes, THAT one.

Small world.
>>
>>29298015
what is this a remix of
>>
>>29305641
Yeah they're sort of better in quality.

I think they use the same mags though so that's an issue.

B&T has some neat 'handguns' coming out however.
>>
>>29298643
Way to make a nigger of yourself.
>>
>>29305641
If the thread is still up, post pics when you do
>>
Buy it. I have two and like them a lot. People who say they are inaccurate just suck. They do jam like a mother fucker tho. Dont trust your life to it.
>>
>>29302377
>the hilt of the pump action

well thats new. The hi-point carbines are good for the money but thats about it. The tape is for the rough surface and little texturing. theres also a little hole left from where the bolt holds the stock to the receiver which isnt comfortable to have chewing up your hand.

and some people put take in everything anyway
>>
>>29302880
>Denny Rowe, 15, a sophomore:
>He was outside, having lunch with friends.
>"These guys opened fire on everything that looked human.''
>Two gunmen were on top of the stairs at the entrance of the school.
>"They were shooting at some kids down below then they pointed at us and started shooting. >Bullets were bouncing everywhere. Two guys next to me got hit.''

Denny Rowe confirmed.
>>
This post >>29302571 and this much earlier post >>29298645 do not seem congruent with eachother, even thought they both claim to be >>29298224

I think the anti post is just a shit troll, but feel free to explain.
>>
>>29298224
Proof?
>>
>>29311347
see
>>29303619
>>
>>29305641
Isn't that the open bolt version?
>>
>>29311179
2bh this is why if we should take anything from /pol/ (a very short list) its their ID system
>>
>>29312328
No, the Kimel pistols were never open bolt.

They're basically a different company that looked at the Tec-9 and thought "That's a neat idea, I bet we can do it too, but better" because there was a market for it.

They're not amazing, due to using the same awful magazines, but they're better than the average Intratec.

The open-bolt weapon you're thinking of is the Interdynamics KG-9, those are rare collectibles these days (partially for being an elusive exempt open-bolt semi-auto), they can go for a few thousand dollars in good condition, not bullshitting.
One sold for like 4000 dollars a while ago, it was New In Box
>>
Tec-9 owner here

Best thing I ever bought, make sure you get it new.
>>
File: columbine-faggots.jpg (49 KB, 640x355) Image search: [Google]
columbine-faggots.jpg
49 KB, 640x355
>>29311075
>a little hole left from where the bolt holds the stock to the receiver which isnt comfortable to have chewing up your hand.
Yeah, as mentioned before, they did a shitty job of hack-sawing the stocks, so they were left with a rough and jagged surface, the recoil tore up their hand when they tried it out.
>>
>>29311818
how is that proof?
>>
>>29298003
Kc fag here
This is like nails on a chalkboard for me now
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.