[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun Fu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: gunfu.jpg (30 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
gunfu.jpg
30 KB, 300x270
Is there any real life footage of anyone operating in any way that resembles the 'skill' and fluidity e.g. John Wick/ Equilibrium/Collateral/etc
>>
>>29292743
I don't think John Wick counts as Gun Fu or Gun Kata
>>
>>29292763
You get the idea though - super fluid gun-play
>>
>>29292743
God I hope so. I'll be monitoring this thread.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP-c_SsAGoA
>>
>>29292743
no, because in real life people want to hit something
>>
>>29293163

not sure if trolling or gay
>>
>>29293300
are you seriously this new? jesus christ. i don't even know what to feel anymore. usually you can toss a few memes here and there, but then there are shitters like you that pop up and just suck out all the joy like fucking greek vampires.
>>
>>29293300
>>29293163
>>29293381
Isn't this the guy that shot another instructor multiple times?
>>
>>29293381
>gay

check
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
>>29292743
Yes?

It's just practice.
Learn how to quick draw.
Take a bunch of classes.
>>
>>29292743
No, this is real life.
The best you get is shit like >>29293163 where some guy tries to look cool and maybe does know his shit, but actually comes across as a cringe-worthy faggot on video since it's just training/showing off.
>>
>>29293398
yes, yes it is. he's been more active in Europe since the event.
>>
>>29293499
He's asking for footage of actual gun fights with people who are proficient.
>>
File: proud creatures.gif (30 KB, 407x229) Image search: [Google]
proud creatures.gif
30 KB, 407x229
>>29292743
OCELOTS ARE PROUD CREATURES
>>
>>29297123
ENGRAVINGS
>>
Am I the only one who unironically thought it would be cool if you could "curve" a bullets flight path like in Wanted?
>>
>>29299243
>wouldn't it be cool if things weren't the way they are
I'm not trying to shit on you in particular, but I really hate questions and discussions that take this form. There's nothing to be gained and it is entirely up to speculation
>>
>>29292743

No, because today everyone trains by standing completely still in perfect shooting form, because they think competition shooting and self defense work the same way.
>>
>>29299396
Take your autism pills and go to sleep.
>>
>>29299243
>>29299396
I'm dumb with physics

please explain to me why a bullet wont curve in flight but a soccer ball will?
>>
>>29299426
I'm dumb with physics too but I'd imagine it has to do with the rifling making the projectile spin as it leaves the barrel
>>
>>29299426
Because it iS very very fast making the force your create on the round by moving the gun sideways is overpowered by the forward energy. At least that what my drunk ass remembers it being
>>
>>29299426
Because bullets are very fast, any sideways motion motion that can be realistically apply would be barely noticable. At least at short ranges. I believe that at longer ranges stuff like wind and the coriolis effect (I think that's what it's called) do have an effect, but that still doesn't allow you to curve bullets around a corner.
>>
>>29299218
>ENGRAVINGS
B-but, muh tactical advantage...
>>
>>29299426
They do. The thing is that because the initial velocity of the bullet is so high, no amount of lateral momentum you could possibly put on it could affect its trajectory meaningfully.

Another example: If you put a gun on a perfectly level rest, and held a bullet in your off hand, and fired the gun and released the bullet at the same time, they would hit the ground more or less simultaneously, adjusting for the curvature of the earth. The difference is that one would be a thousand feet away from you.

Outside forces do affect bullets, but most are irrelevant in the face of the speed the bullet itself is moving.
>>
>>29292843
>>29292763
John Wick was a lot of Center Axis Relock shooting and Krav Maga. You can go look up both of those, but for obvious reasons we don't have a lot of combat footage of the sort of people who fight this way actually doing things.
>>
>>29299766
ok /k/ lite
>>
>>29299426
It should due to the magnus effect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSrvzNW9FE (cool video, a bit too much reddit for my taste but it gets to the point quickly)

But the length of the bullet (cylinder) doesn't allow the force to be all that large. I'm pretty sure if you had a long enough bullet spinning fast enough it would be very noticeable.

As for the movie what they'd have to do is something like fire, let the bullet enter the rifled barrel, pull the gun back at extreme speed so the rotational velocity becomes massive. And then maybe punt the bullet in the direction they wanted it to go. Alternatively put their gun back around the bullet by rotating it in the direction of the spin. Settle the bullet back in the casing and then (probably) rotate the gun slowly so the expanding gas can propell the bullet. It'd look retarded and make you question why they even use guns.

Maybe just have a rifled barrel that has a very very high twist rate and most likely deeper grooves and have the bullet designed around that so the bullet doesn't just deform Also you'd probably want a metal that's has a very low softness yet be very hard. Not entirely sure but perhaps diamond fits. You'd also want it to have low mass to have the force have more of an effect. And the effectiveness of the propellant would have to be rather massive.
The tip of the bullet wouldn't turn though (like in the movie). Because of the high rotational velocity of the bullet.

I don't remember all the way they did bullets in that movie but you can only spin it in one direction you can't make it go around in a spiral without any change to the rotation. The way they did the movie was certainly more entertaining to me. If all these things were as they might have realistically been they'd carry around some type of rail gun/gauss rifle with rotating barrel (probably massive. Charge it for a few minutes (or spin up in the case of the gauss gun) and then just aim at odd angles and fire.
>>
>>29292743
Practice, then you can be like the real John Wick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0auA-NWZo
>>
>>29297123
>>29299218
>>29299733
never change /k/
>>
>>29299766
>Krav maga
No, it was sambo.
>>
>>29300992
No it was Judo and BJJ
>>
Need actual video of battles. Not some ragheads strafing a taxi, but proper Operators. Civvies, police or military
>>
>>29300600

...dat's breddy gud
>>
>>29302524
No it was Wu Tang.
>>
>>29292743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy5sAjyh-_s
>>
>>29302524
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/we-talked-to-keanu-reeves-fight-coreographer-on-his-new-film-john-wick Sambo and Judo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsU5AMxvlKg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9RGxL9KC8

This is Jerry "the Burner" Barnhart. Used to be one of the top competitive shooters in the country, started doing private classes for SOF units, then 9/11 happened and he went full time teaching SOCOM guys.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.