[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I wanted to buy a T-72 would I need to demilitarize it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: T72_cfb_borden_1.jpg (504 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
T72_cfb_borden_1.jpg
504 KB, 1200x900
If I wanted to buy a T-72 would I need to demilitarize it?

I would have to import one, most for sale seem to be from Czech Republic, I know that I need to get a destructive device stamp for the cannon but could I import it fully functional or would it need to be neutered?

Could you even get ammo for the cannon?
>>
>>29292455
>If I wanted to buy a T-72 would I need to demilitarize it?
yes.
>>
>>29292476
But there are tanks for sale with working guns in the country already
>>
>>29292510
Yes, and they have a metric fuckton of paperwork to go with them.
>>
>>29292544
So could you get the paperwork required to buy one then? I don't see how that changes anything.
>>
>>29292455
If you're going to get a tank get a T-55 instead if a T-72
>more room because no auto loader
>cheaper
>>
>>29293635
To import one? You'll be sucking off half the ATF to get it approved.

One already here? Same background checks and processes as buying a machine gun.
>>
>>29292544
Yeah and they remilitarized it once it got into the country.
>>
>>29295130
What does demilling a tank to American standards require?

Does the armor need to be compromised like some countries require? Or does the gun just need to be disabled?
>>
>>29292455
I remember some eurobro on here saying something about the T-72s requiring a lot of engine maintenance in one of these threads. Does anyone here know about working on a T-72?
>>
>>29296384
One of my friends is doing diesel mechanic training in the Air Force.

Going for MRAP cert right now. Do Air Force mechanics ever work on tanks? He should get an Abrams cert then come work as my tank mechanic when he gets out.
>>
>>29296319
No machine guns and a broken cannon, the cannon can later be fixed for mega money and a DD stamp.
>>
>>29296384
All tanks require a lot of work, for very hour you spend using it you will be spending 2 maintaining it. It is back breaking labor too, even fixing broken tracks is hard work.
>>
>>29296735
What do they do to demill a cannon? How much does demilling cost if you buy from a place like Mortar Investments? What goes into fixing the cannon and how much does it usually cost?

Is it really that much more trouble to import it with a working cannon?
>>
>>29296819
>What do they do to demill a cannon?
They usually weld the fucker up.
>>
>>29296846
No.
>>29296819
Current standard is the same as every DD. One cut of bore diameter though one side of the barrel. Breech ring destroyed through cutting with a torch. If you're lucky they take the parts out first and don't do it while the ring is mounted.
You need to either patch or obtain a new barrel and breech ring.
>>
>>29296804
Well that's a given. He was saying something about the engine parts being more prone to failure in the T-72 than perhaps a T-34 or a T-55 or a T-64. It was a few years ago, but that's what I vaguely remember. Who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong.
>>
>>29297085
Think the company selling them would go through with the specific instructions of taking the whole gun apart and making sure ONLY the breach ring is damaged and they put the hole in the bore where it would do the least damage and be easiest to repair?
>>
>>29298928
>more prone to failure in the T-72
>than perhaps .. a T-64
No. Just no. I can't even imagine, how you could compare the 72's simple as fuck diesel to the unreliable bastard that 5TD is.
>>
Can I buy a howitzer anywhere?
>>
>>29301315
http://www.pa-ko.com.pl/oferta/index.php/szczegoly-pojazdy/items/22.html
demilitarized already
>>
>>29294967
RLY ?? even for a demilitarized one already?
Like papers from a licensed European company saying it's demilitarized and cant be used as a weapon???
T-55 for sale
http://www.pa-ko.com.pl/oferta/index.php/szczegoly-pojazdy/items/16.html
looks like t-55 MERIDA
>>
>>29301743
Fuck that, I want a functioning howitzer.

An I mean like an emplacement gun, not a self propelled howitzer.

A Pak-40 would be neat too.
>>
>>29292455
IDK what its like where you are but here (New Zealand) you have to:
- Fill out a shitload of paperwork and get ready to deal with customs+be on TV
- Get the gun and any other weapons deactivated. Usually welding the breech shut is sufficient.
- Have a firearms licence. Oddly an A-category licence (standard one, for hunting kit) is sufficient.

It's also recommended to be good with heavy machinery repairs or be on good terms with someone who is. And deep pockets don't hurt.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.