[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you a member? why or why not? I am, for the free liability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 21546658_BG1[1].jpg (67 KB, 768x660) Image search: [Google]
21546658_BG1[1].jpg
67 KB, 768x660
are you a member?

why or why not?

I am, for the free liability and theft insurance. protecting my rights is also good, but the insurance is what put me over on joining
>>
>>29290326
No, because I live with turbolibs who would make my life a living hell if I were a member of the NRA.

Also
>GoA is better
>>
>>29290326
Tell me more about what being an NRA member is like.

>>29290349
What's that?
>>
>>29290365
Gunowners of America.
https://gunowners.org/

They're like the NRA, but they actually care about gun rights, not just protecting manufacturers. They were formed by people pissed off that the NRA didn't fight import bans.
>>
>>29290365
well, aside from some asinine "gib monies" letters you get fairly frequently, they have a lot of "member organizations" that offer NRA members discounts and a lot of private clubs and ranges (especially near where I live) won't even let you try them out if you aren't an NRA or GOAL member.

with the membership you get free insurance (you have to set up your policy because you can chose to pay a deductible for a larger policy) covering liability in states that don't have liability protection laws (like where I live) so you are covered if something or someone gets inadvertently damaged you're covered, same with theft of your guns.

GOA or GOAL is Gun Owners Action League or Gun Owners Association, they're like the NRA but not as large. idk what membership benefits they offer
>>
On one hand they're the biggest dog in the progun fight. On the other hand, they can be incredibly tone deaf, and their press releases are full of inflated alarmist rhetoric that feels like it's catered to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>29290349
I'm a member of both
>>
>>29290504
>feels like it's catered to the lowest common denominator.
That's what 99% of politics to the general public is directed toward.
>>
>>29290326
No, because i refuse to be associated in any way with Ted nugent. When the day comes that the nra doesn't use a washed up musician begging for relevancy as their spokesman, I will reconsider my position.
>>
>>29290548
of all the retarded reasons to not support something, this is up there
>>
>>29290548
What about Colion Noir and Dana Loesch?
>>
>>29290326
They blamed games. Fuck them. Sure they help protect my rights, although it should literally be a non-issue if the constitution meant anything to you faggots.
>>
>>29290548
The more time goes on, the more I agree with ted nugent. He says what a lot of people are thinking, even if it comes out as batshit crazy. Trump is making non-liberals care less about political correct speech imo and that makes ted nugent sound less crazy to me (at least i think i understand his message more? he definitely still sounds crazy)

Plus he's a kick ass musician and an awesome outdoorsman.
>>
>>29290326
I'm not a member, it's not for any particular reason other than I spend all my extra money after bills, savings, etc on car and gun stuff. I do plan on getting the life membership eventually.
>>
>>29290577
>it should be a non issue if the constitution meant anything to you

what? people on this board aren't passing gun control laws, pretty sure we're universally against them
>>
>>29290451
Is it the same as the Gun Owners of America? Those guys are based.
>>
>>29290677
yes
>>
>>29290695
OK that's good, thought you meant something else for a second. They don't focus on gun rights either, they also defend the majority of the Constitution in general. Hope they help out the fight going on with the machine gun ban cause the NRA ain't gonna pick up the fucking slack.
>>
I belong to the NRA and RWVA (parent for Project Appleseed, counts as a CMP-affiliated club). NRA is screechy and tonedeaf but the parts of it that people don't see (instruction, etc) are great.

For some other pro-gun options, I belonged to the Second Amendment Foundation until they supported Manchin-Toomey, and before I supported the RWVA I was a Garand Collector's Association member for the CMP box it checks. The GCA publishes a quarterly magazine that is truly outstanding and is worth the membership price all by itself.
>>
>>29290349
How would they even know?
>>
>>29290799
They'd see mail with NRA envelopes coming in my name.
>>
>>29290826
They sit outside and watch your mail get delivered?

I'd start reporting that stalker like activity to the police
>>
>>29290877
What do you suggest, they only take their own mail out of the mailbox?

They bring it all in the house because they're courteous.
>>
I'm not an American. If I was I'd certainly join.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.