[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-warrior-main-20150524-story.html
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 9
File: HuntingtonBeachParade.jpg (2 MB, 3155x1623) Image search: [Google]
HuntingtonBeachParade.jpg
2 MB, 3155x1623
Milfags of /k/, what do you think of the growing rift between America's troops and its citizens?
>>
File: 1435953673246.jpg (417 KB, 1024x833) Image search: [Google]
1435953673246.jpg
417 KB, 1024x833
>>29279202
American Caesar when?
>>
>>29279243
We already had one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Caesar
>>
>>29279202
There is no rift
>>
>>29279732
Did you not read the article or are you just retarded?
>>
>>29279202
Wheelchair dude and buddy on the right look really cool.
8/10 would talk to,
>>
File: alg-donald-trump-jpg.jpg (55 KB, 970x712) Image search: [Google]
alg-donald-trump-jpg.jpg
55 KB, 970x712
>>29279243
>>
>>29280057
listen buddy, im reading the article, but if you expect people to read this tl;dr bullshit you're in for a shitposting frenzy
>>
>>29280057
Could you post the link in a field that isn't truncated on mobile?
>>
>>29280166
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-warrior-main-20150524-story.html
TL;DR
>Military recruitment pool becomes smaller and smaller
>Majority of the military members come from military families and just a couple of states.
>As military bases become bigger and bigger and more concentrated in certain regions, more and more of people's social life happens in a military setting.
>Civilians loose touch with what soldiers go through as the military component becomes more and more isolated.
>Leading to misunderstandings and resentment from both sides

That's why 'hollow' phrases like 'Thank you for your service' are becoming more and more popular, but what the really mean is I'm glad you served so that I didn't have to, and my kids won't have to.
>>
>>29280243
its because they serve kikes and people are not as braindead as they were in 2001
>>
>>29279243
Eisenhower, or Grant
>>
>>29280243
>military recruitment pool getting smaller and smaller

Have you ever tried to enlist? They threaten you with jail time if you lie at meps, and it's impossible to get in without lying now since the army (not sure about other branches) doesn't grant waivers as much because of downsizing.

All the people lying to get in before has set a high bar to get in.

So tldr, people get scared when they hear about maybe going to jail, not realizing meps can't know shit that you don't tell them, and then don't join.

That's my personal take on it. I'm probably wrong though.
>>
>>29280357
In other words, it's the army's fault.
>>
>>29280357
I somewhat agree with this, they're being extremely picky at the moment, even MOS's like 11B, you can even see it over /meg/ where guys realling wanting to enlist get DQ'd for shit that doesn't seem like it would effect combat effectiveness (so they poster claims at least)

I plan on enlisting im scared i'm going to get DQ'd for something stupid like my gum recession or some shit
>>
>>29280057
No I read it.
Its written by a retard that WANTS this to be true.
LITTERALLY EVERYTHING he talks about has been true for the last 50 years. Nothing has changed, except for after 911 we got a super patriotic population, while that is fading, it did get rid of the stereo type that the military was a "no other option" type of job.
So this "rift" isnt a real thing. At most its returning back to service members being treated like everyone else.
>Huurrr this article says there is a rift
>hurrr must be true
>>
>>29280131
He's not your buddy, pal.
>>
>>29280559
He certainly ain't my battle buddy.
>>
>>29279202
This article is the most trumped up horseshit I've ever read. Literally an example of a columnist with nothing else to write about so they make something out of nothing.
>>
>>29280243
>Serving
It's a job son. A job that is traditionally taken by the poor and uneducated. Make no mistake the military is not a pool of talent. Quite the opposite really. Not to say they or the institution is bad, but for some reason people seem to think the military is the creme de la creme, and it's not.
>>
>>29280243

Thank you for your service started from Vietnam war era vets and people who lived that era remember when the leftists would wait at the airport and spit on returning servicemen and protest them.
>>
>>29280924
>A job that is traditionally taken by the poor and uneducated
There is no factual basis for this claim, and ask evidence points to the contrary; that young people from wealthy families serve disproportionately more.
>>
>>29281009
HAHAHA HERE WE GO! http://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=soc Believe me the reality is there. Both my parents went Academy, they both were poor. Of course the recent trend seems to be quite the opposite http://freakonomics.com/2008/09/22/who-serves-in-the-military-today/
>>
>>29281009
this.

Almost everyone in my company came from an upper middle class family that lived in a house twice as big as mine. Most of them did a bit of college and joined because they were bored and fed up with school.
>>
Think about all the people who want small government, except for the military, then they want big government. And these people then get a democrat in office who controls the military, a president the republican politicians constantly are trying to villainize and be obstructionist towards for 8 years.

Now you have a battle between 'out troops are heroes' and 'these are the "illegitimate"-presidents big government enforcers' in the minds of so many people.

Don't believe me? Check out how freaked out many people were when they were doing military exercises in Texas. People thought the president and the military was preparing to take over Texas.
>>
>>29280970
>spit on returning servicemen

Never actually happened.
>>
>>29281070
Lembcke, I didn't know you posted on 4chan.
>>
>>29280924
That's just statistically untrue. At incredibly disproportionate rates, the middle class and wealthy, and those with education serve. If your claim was true, the ghettos of America would be filled with veterans, rather than the police, fire and ems departments.

Service means putting others before yourself, at least in the sense of public service. And I would argue that the majority of people that contribute to public service come from the working middle class.

Public service includes:
Fire
EMS
Police
Military
Teaching
Healthcare

While Healthcare is the oddball in here with the potential for alluring salaries, the others are generally chosen by a small number of people, despite the often low pay. In Fire, EMS, Police and Military there is also a high risk to personal wellbeing by taking that job, yet they take them.

It is not the poor and uneducated that perform public service, it is the educated middle class.
>>
>>29280253
>>>/pol/

Shush. The adults are talking.
>>
>>29280970
This didn't happen anywhere near the numbers you're acting like it did.

Especially since a lot of anti-war protesters were vets themselves.
>>
>>29281126
The military provides very little to the general public. As a matter of fact given their funding they take quite a bit out of it. The "services" they provide make little effect on the population and we are no safer now than we were pre war. If you want to truthfully define public service like you do, Fire, EMS, Police, Teaching and Healthcare do far more. Additionally it's important to point out that with healthcare there is an actual shortage of people to work there, so the "alluring" salaries you describe simply show how important and few they are.
>>
>>29281189
Do you think that high seas trade security, disaster relief and search and rescue just happen?

Yes, quite often the military is left with its thumb up its ass. In these times, their job is to maintain readiness. Both the equipment and the skills to use it are perishable and must be maintained.
>>
>>29281245
I think realistically we spend a much larger budget on things that don't matter. I'm actually fine with the Navy, but they aren't our biggest budget sucker. It's also worth noting that the military is very slow to be involved in disaster help and you are more dependent on your local PDs. The reality is very rarely in your life will you need the military for much of anything. I suppose you could argue that sea trade would be worse off. I don't necessarily disagree we do put good money into protecting commerce, but then again the majority of our important shipping lanes are relatively safe. The military represents a massive expense. The average soldier is paid, fed, clothed, and educated at all of our expenses. That's before we even get into the extended benefits. Not that I'm complaining since I have received a fair amount of those benefits my entire life, but you have to be realistic.
>>
>>29281189
US Coast Guard:
Drug and Migrant Interdiction
Search and Rescue
Enforcement of laws

US Navy:
Protection of international shipping lanes
Disaster Relief (Internationally, generally, but capable of domestic).

US Army(National Guard):
Disaster Relief domestically
Assisting state governments in times of crises.

Look, the military is primarily for war, but it -does- do things at home that benefit us all, we might not see it often, because our other services do their jobs well, but they have a role.

The shortage in healthcare is because unnecessary increases in educational requirements by many hospitals. Requiring nurses to have BSNs, for example. (BSN is largely an administrative nursing degree, as an RN is just as trained). Artificial scarcity isn't something to be too terrified about with that.
>>
I personally can't wait for us to get let loose on American soil so I can smokecheck some flag waveing insurrectionist faggots, especially since some probably post here.

But good luck fighting the government, I'm sure your XXL platecarrier will do wonders with those cheap chinese plates you got from a gunshow in it.
>>
>>29281359
Most high ranking officers said they wouldn't follow orders to attack American citizens

so calm your edge there m8
>>
File: 1457066026766.jpg (104 KB, 1075x954) Image search: [Google]
1457066026766.jpg
104 KB, 1075x954
>>29281359
Enjoy having your own family slaughtered by domestic insurgents.
>>
>>29281322
BSN what you need to be a Registered Nurse (RN). I believe you're thinking of Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), which requires a two year program.

Most of the higher level administrative stuff in nursing requires a Master of Nursing degree.
>>
>>29281164
>IGNORING THE TRUTH
gg mindless statist bootlicker
>>
>>29281388
>officer disobeying a lawful order somehow makes it ok for you to disobey a lawful order

I don't think you get how this works

>>29281394
>domestic terrorists
>not obese teaparty rallyers with shitty ARs

I'm terrified.
>>
>>29279202
I read an almost identical article to this almost 10 years ago. This one even uses most of the same arguments. For all I know it's either written by the same person or it was poorly plagiarized. Even 10 years ago this was extremely old news.
>>
>>29281460
>Implying militia groups wont be wiped up first
Nah man, some of us have sense to lay low. Plus I bet pogs like you probably couldn't run a couple meters without keeling over.
>>
>>29281408
>namecalling
I get it, school's out.
>>
>>29279202
thank you for your service
>>
>>29281515
>civvie using POG
I know your military experience is limited to Generation Kill, but even average enlisted personnel in non-combat roles would be more competent than plinking operator-wannabes.
>>
>>29281295
I was in JTF Katrina, working the radio and coordinating with ambulances to coordinate civilian medevac. The local police were too busy looting Walmart and trying to find the teacher's payroll. You have no idea what you're talking about.

>>29281359
Remember your oath, asshat.

>>29281408
>Stormfag
>accusing anyone of bootlicking.
Oh, the ironing.
>>
>>29281555
>1 event means the whole military has aptly responded to disasters and is worth budget!
>the event in question is noted as one of the worst handled disasters in our national history

Whooo pops you sure got me there.
>>
>>29279202
>The U.S. military today is gradually becoming a separate warrior class, many analysts say, that is becoming increasingly distinct from the public it is charged with protecting.

They really missed the mark here. Civilian Law Enforcement are the ones becoming a distinct "military" class, a military class in the same sense as Knights, Samurai, Kshatriya. Servicemen and ex-servicemen do not get the benefit of virtual immunity that LEOs do. In theory, LEOs are held to the same law as ordinary citizens, but the reality is that they are a privileged class above the common man and not held to the law. In theory, servicemen are subject to a separate law from citizens, making the theoretical basis for them being a separate class. But in practice, UCMJ is more strict than ordinary law, and servicemen can be held to both laws simultaneously. There is simply no comparison between UCMJ and the de-facto immunity that civilian LEOs have.

Taking it back to warrior classes, knights, samurai et al: Civilian Law Enforcement are actually a fairly close match for European Knights' behavior especially in the pre-Chivalry age. Thugs, rapists, and murderers, who can get away with it because they are above the riff-raff.
>>
>>29281553
>POG implying civilians are lower in social order
>Implying men who have grown up shooting in their countrysides for decades could be out-shot by some college reject with some weapon training
gg bud
>>
File: removethyself.jpg (204 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
removethyself.jpg
204 KB, 900x900
>>29280253
D-D-D-DE JEWZ!

get back where you belong
>>>/pol/
>>
>>29281555
Oh and I'll let you in a secret. Did you ever wonder why Cuba has such a positive view in South America? It's because they use their surplus of doctors to send aid with the military. In fact they have done it throughout their lifespan. They even hold one of the most esteemed international doctor programs in the world that frequently takes in students from literal tribes that have 0 access to health care and provides for them. That is an example of using the military well for humanitarian purposes.
>>
>>29279202

I think LA is shit and military families are fucking shit to work with. They're either filthy spic muhreens that can barely rake dirt properly or are aristocratic cunts that wish the GOP were more centrist. Either they're dumb as shit or they are fucking snooty cunts that think they're hot shit since they wear TWO bars on their shoulder

t. civilian EM fire safety volunteer in CA
>>
>>29281555
>The local police were too busy looting Walmart and trying to find[as in steal, I assume?] the teacher's payroll. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>Louisiana
>cops
>Louisiana cops

What different did you expect?
>>
>>29281126
You forgot politics.

Not that I blame you, the higher you go the more it's about lining your pockets and the less it's about actually serving the public. But I am fortunate enough to know a number of people whose time in politics should rightly earn them kudos for their service.
>>
we should draft the children of the rich.

Send Obama's daughters to the Infantry and have them go fight in yet another war in the Middle East.
>>
>>29281601
>hurr all there is to defeating the opposition is your individual skill with a weapon
I'm guessing maneuvers and military operations are beyond your realm of understanding.
>>
The article is full of shit and is just massive projection. Sorry militaryfags, I don't feel guilty that I didn't get sent to Iraq and that you had to go. That's the point of an all-volunteer, professional army.
>>
>>29281572
It was a clusterfuck but we did manage to evacuate thousands of people and clear the superdome. Before we showed up nothing was happening. Buses had been allowed to flood in the school district parking lots and there was no coordination or security. We provided that security.

Realistically, what you're talking about applies to big city PD's. Rural areas with low crime and small police departments basically have to rely upon us but that rarely makes the nightly news.

>>29281613
In the meantime, they can barely provide for their own people in terms of medical care. Yes, it's free but you get better treatment in the back of an ambulance. They further pull these scarce human resources and use them in a propaganda campaign. So, congratulations for buying into the propaganda. I guess.
>>
>>29281688
We don't expect you to. That article was about the growing cultural rift between the military and civilian spheres of American civil society and the dangers of the rise of an unofficial warrior class.

I expect you to feel bad for completely missing the point, dumbass.
>>
>>29281668
>send Obama's children
>not the children of Bush
>who actually started both wars
>and who whose children are actually adults
>>
>>29281759
>In the meantime, they can barely provide for their own people in terms of medical care.
For a 3rd world country that's been under embargo by the world's largest economic power for 50 years, they do a fucking amazing job.

And shit, America can't even provide for its own people's medical care.
>>
>>29281759
>They can barely provide their own medical care
You are aware Cubans still have Docs at home and have more doctor's per capita than any other country? Their biggest problem is food and economic growth because the biggest consumer and their neighbor has been slipping them the dick for 50+ years.
>>
>>29279202

It's good. Makes it easier to call out and stigmatize the dumb animals who work for politicians.
>>
>>29281816
They have to provide their own linens during hospital stays and Cuba trades freely with the rest of the world. Your argument might have merit if we were talking about the DPRK but, as you've already admitted, they're not the hermit kingdom. In comparison, America is a far superior provider of medical services.

Now don't you have doors to knock on for Bernie?
>>
>>29281839
>Relying on self-reported statistics from a communist regime.

I blame the public school system.
>>
>>29281901
>Implying this isn't further proved by all observers
http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2014/12/22/cuba-cost-effective-healthcare/#5903ee115990
It's sad really that you let your own prejudice prevent you from seeing a truly remarkable aspect of a system that is imperfect. Fidel did a few things right when he took over. The biggest was taking care of his people's health with aggressive involvement in healthcare.
>>
>>29281471
You should dig it up and forward it to a rival newspaper. Let the shit fly.
>>
>>29281948
Your 'imperfect system' is an open air prison that no one can leave or do private business in. You know that. Right?
>>
>>29281998
Oh wow a tripfag that doesn't know much! HAHAHAH. Their imperfect system is a culture of deep mistrust caused by nations exploiting and stealing from them. Their love of communism is a direct result of once again the US choosing a terrible face for our side. Just like in Vietnam and countless other places. Please educate yourself. Cuba has allowed folks to leave at different times throughout it's entire history. Plus it's odd to see that their medical system and support could arguably be more important than the US' abroad. Please child don't strain yourself.
>>
>>29282026
Sooo... they hold their own citizenry hostage and kill or arrest them if they try to leave without permission because of... uh... we exploited them. And you're okay with all of this.

You're going to start yammering about gender roles being a social construct next, aren't you?
>>
>>29282053
Take the good with the bad. Just because they have shitty laws doesn't mean their healthcare is any worse than the US. You fundamentally don't understand how well developed that program is. Do I have problems with Cuba? Plenty, it's got a ton of issues, but as I said ignoring what is arguably the most well developed medical aid system in the world further illustrates how quickly you are to dismiss something good because it's with something bad.
>>
>>29282094
Holding your own population hostage Soviet style is not an 'issue', you illiberal yammering metrosexual Millenial shithead. Die in a fire.
>>
>At Stanford University, Kaitlyn Benitez-Strine, a 21-year-old senior, was scribbling notes in the back row of her modern Japanese history class recently, listening as her professor cataloged the misdeeds of the American military in occupied postwar Japan.

"People became increasingly resentful of the U.S. military presence," the professor said. "There were crimes by U.S. Army personnel — rapes and murders."

Top cuck

Two nukes really weren't enough.
>>
>>29282123

I'd rather be a Millennial than a bassackwards Regan baby.
>>
File: I've Seen Things.jpg (400 KB, 1000x1288) Image search: [Google]
I've Seen Things.jpg
400 KB, 1000x1288
This is the most anti-military period since Vietnam.

It's only a matter of time before our families are being taken out and shot in the streets by greasy blubbery "militias" in XXXL plate carriers and milsurp flecktarn.
>>
>>29281948
You do know that if a child dies before its first birthday in Cuba, they count it as a stillbirth, right?
>>
>>29282136
yeah because youre a commie piece of shit
>>
>>29282232
That changes very little about how good their child health rate is. Aside from perhaps inflating stillbirth and lowering "child" death.
>>
How about we compare Cuba to other latin American countries?

Ive noticed that when communist countries are poor, they are poor because of communism/socialism. But capitalistic countries being poor is never because of capitalism.

Maybe we can put ideology aside and just admit that poverty often exists for reasons asides from the economic system in place?
>>
>>29282289
Actually, it does. They have a very high "Stillbirth" rate.

So what else are they fudging? Because I find it hard to believe that a system that makes its people provide their own light bulbs and bed linen for a hospital stay can have such good outcomes in place despite their economy.
>>
>>29282384
And in keeping with logic here I assume you have proof of your claim?
>>
I don't think the gap between the military and civilian worlds is as bad as it's made out to be, although it does have issues; it seems like we're just returning to the pattern we've had for most of history: a proportionally small part of the country, that may or may not conceive of itself as belonging to a "warrior class", forms the corm of a "peacetime" military that is then rapidly expanded during (major) wartime.

The mass peacetime conscript army between the end of World War Two and the end of Vietnam is an aberration. Historically we've had a fairly small peacetime army and Marine Corps that dealt with "brushfire" wars that was massively expanded during times of "real" war.
>>
>>29282477
What do you think of Civvy LEOs being the real de-facto "warrior class". Not to make those faggots out to be warriors, but that they are actually legally and socially separate from the masses in a way that servicemen are not.
>>
>>29282026
They obviously love the system so much that they leave it droves and get stationed in North town AKA Florida.
>>
>>29282420
Because you're too much of a lazy, commie faggot to research your own claims, I will grace you with these statistics from that right-wing, Koch brothers funded think tank known as the world health organization.

http://www.who.int/pmnch/media/news/2011/stillbirths_countryrates.pdf
>>
>>29280437
>>29280357
Watch out there guys my dumb ass had an asthma attack at work in the army and had to get separated.

Still glad I joined, but they do that to avoid problems like I had.

Now though most civilians I know are just like meh.
>>
>>29282701
Don't expect mere facts to change a liberal's mind. Shit, I showed my ex best friend the stats at FBI.gov -- that we lose about 300 people to rifle fire every year, or half what we do to fistfights -- and he kept right on yammering about salt weapons and Obama is right and You Don't Need That.

They don't care. They're... a cult. They're the socio-cultural version of Scientologists.
>>
>>29281460
look jackass nobody in my unit was willing to fire on American's and I am sure most soldiers are like that.
>>
>>29282753
I have this feeling that it's as much about the delivery as the facts.

I've gotten good results by calmly, dispassionately saying "honest, gun control is the criminology equivalent of raping virgins to cure AIDS. People want an easy solution, but the evidence says it doesn't work."

It doesn't paint the other person as ignorant or a wannabe tyrant. It's just a statement of fact.
>>
>>29282725
Had a guy in my unit that developed diabetus! ....and they out him out on a medical discharge with rehab (skiny fucker).
Another guy couldnt show up on time....got kicked out. (Literally could not show up less than ten min late for every formation for three weeks). Less than honorable discharge for wilful disobedience.
This was a POG unit and most guys had degrees.
In my current unit we have a Sergeant who is a doctor (Md)
>>
>>29281789
What is Libya, Syria, Iraq 3, and Yemen?
>>
>>29279243
He did exist and was named Patton.

But was kill because muh oy vey. Read his memories. Stuff is... disturbing to say the least.
>>
>>29282809
The 10 minute late guy didn't even get a statement? Just a boot?
>>
>>29282842
>want to start shit with the Soviets right after a World War

If MacArthur did kill him, that's another feather in his cap.
>>
>>29282857
>>29282768
Dude...he is an edgy faggot pretending to be in the military. It is highly likely he is s basement dweller.
>>29282857
Well they went through the process, paperwork, restriction, UCMJ and finally a boot in the ass. He would over sleep, forget what time formation was...ect. and by over sleep I mean his room mate would wake him UP, he would get dressed then lay back down and zzzzz till his SGT would come yelling. Not dumb or anything...just...well just that time thng.
>>
File: patton.jpg (10 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
patton.jpg
10 KB, 245x206
>>29282842
>But was kill because muh oy vey.
Patton liberated Concentration Camps, you stormnigger. He was arguably the most vehemently antifa general we had since General Sherman. Why the Hell would the Jews kill him?
>>
>>29282961
Well's that something at least. I get the downsizing is hitting everybody hard and the military is not cutting corners.
>>
>>29279202
There is a rift because this is the most pro-military period we have ever had.
Even in WWII, even during the Civil War, when we spent more on the military than we ever had, there wasn't such a military cult.
Soldiers are treated different. I'm in ROTC, when I wear my uniform, I am stopped and thanked. I haven't done anything, it doesn't matter. I'm a poster boy, I'm the masses opiate, I'm their Hercules, their King Arthur, their demigod.
Educated libtards are naturally suspicious of this, Hell, I'm suspicious of this. Plus, it doesn't help that most soldiers I know care more for politicians than they do the Constitution.
>>
File: 1455681510669.png (571 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1455681510669.png
571 KB, 800x640
>>29283029
>expecting /pol/esmokers to make sense
>>
>>29283029

Stop injecting your modern bullshit into his orders. The man liberated camps to save suffering humans, not to nibble on mohams dongle and heil rosenplatz
>>
>>29283051
>soldiers
Can't say I can speak for them, but a lot of the airmen and sailors I've known gave zero fucks about politics.
>>
>>29283065
Obviously he liberated the camps to be a decent human being.
What's with this meme that you have to be in bed with the Jews to treat them with human decency?
>>
>>29282701
I never claimed anything about the stillbirth rate. I said they have the highest docs per capita and a startlingly good healthcare system (given of course the many reasons they shouldn't). What you've shown is a WHO showing that they have high still births. That does nothing but state that they have high still birth rate. I'm still waiting for more.
>>
>>29282753
Phill, You and I have more in common than we don't and I've said this a few times before but I'll say it again.

You need to learn how to make your points without alienating people. You have no sense of how to build empathy with a reader of your posts and you just keep shooting yourself in the foot. This isn't me saying that your principles are wrong or that you should compromise, I'm saying that you don't express them well and that alienates people who might otherwise agree with you. This is not an ideological criticism, merely a tactical one.
>>
>>29283124
Learn how to parse information. That doctor per capita number is meaningless if they don't have adequate facilities and supplies which, unless you're part of the political elite in Havana, you don't have access to. Again, the average cuban can't get the medical treatment that you or I could get in the back of an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Yes, its free to him and yes its fully staffed, but its nothing to write home about. This is a phenomenon within all Communist states. They do one thing well at the expense of everything else, ie the Soviets and industrialization and after that, their arms industry. They could make competitive arms and armor but they couldn't get food to the shelves.

Cuba does the same thing with doctors because its good PR. They can't actually provide services in any meaningful way. Leaving aside eight month old "stillborn" children at a rate 2.5 times that of the USA, but they can send their doctors abroad using other people's supply chains because its good PR.

And chew on this: If their stillbirth rate is that high and competitive with other third world countries, how well can they really be doing?

And you fell for it.
>>
>>29283090
I've found that, too. But most Army and Marine cadets I have found to have intense political views.
I had an interesting conversation in class the other day, about under what circumstances we would follow orders to fire on American citizens.
Most everybody said yes, but only if Cruz or Trump (or in one case, Sanders) was ordering it.
Rather worrying.
>>
>>29283041
Well.....that was also circa 2004ish....Im still in, but in the Reserves these days....you have to REALLY fuck up to get the boot in the reserved....or fail 3 PT tests (record not diagnostic).
>>
>>29282842
One, you haven't read his memoirs. You've read cherry-picked quotes from a /pol/ infographic. Context is key and the context from which those points are drawn tells a very different story.

Patton was sympathetic to the victims of the holocaust, even if he chose to frame it in less gentle language than what we're accustomed to today. This is par for the course in history.

However, he also exemplified the American way of war which can best be described as "Once it's over, we won't hold a grudge." and that built from the Treaty of Versailles and the lessons learned from that. Patton didn't want to punish ordinary Germans after the cessation of hostilities and this is to his credit. He actually got into a dustup with Eisenhower about using German labor rather than British because after starting the last three major wars in Europe, allied political leadership was hesitant about NOT keeping the German leadership on the shortest leash possible.

True story: The first version of the Marshall Plan involved razing Germany's factories and flooding their mines. We seriously considered turning them into a nation of farmers that would have had to rely upon the largesse of their neighbors for war material.
>>
>>29283253
SSG here....I can say that it all deoends on WHY we are being told to open fire.
>I would spray machine gun fire into a crowd of protesters.
>I would not shoot guys refusing to turn over guns
>>
>>29283253
>cadets
It all makes sense now. Wait till you're all butterbars and they all get that pretense knocked the fuck out by senior NCOs.

Not putting you down specifically, but cadets and boots of any branch are generally really stupid until they get to their first duty station. Usually with enlisted boots it's just dumb boot habits they have a hard time shaking, with bootenants it's "my opinions matter".
>>
>>29283051
>is a cadet
>thanks his opinion matters

Cute.
>>
>>29283360
No, I completely agree. Cadets are high off their Poly Sci and Finance majors, they think they are hot shit.
I sincerely hope that gets beat out of them, Hell, I hope it gets beat out of me, too.
>>
>>29283095
Except for homosexuals. The germans kept them in the camps after the war. Because Homosexuality was still illegal.
>>
File: typical boot behaviors.png (17 KB, 941x242) Image search: [Google]
typical boot behaviors.png
17 KB, 941x242
>>29283425
>Cadets are high off their Poly Sci and Finance majors
This pretty much. Imagine the pompous attitude of civilians that tell you "you joined the military because you weren't smart enough for college like I was." Now combine that with all the moto bullshit they feed you in initial training, and you get the typical big-headed butterbar.

Being an enlisted puke myself, I saw a lot of dumb motherfuckers in training, but it tended to be limited to shit like pic related.
>>
>>29283198
1) That's not what parse means nigga
2) The 2013 WHO stats state that
Prob of dying by age 1 (per 1k births)
Cuba USA
5.0 5.9

3) The 2013 WHO stats state that
prob of dying by age 5 (per 1k births)
Cuba USA
6.2 6.9

4)
Cuban life expect (both sex) @ birth 2013 : 78
USA life expect (both sex) @ birth 2013: 79

WOOW looks like someone here is wrong. I wonder who? http://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/EN_WHS2015_Part2.pdf
>>
>>29284151
Keep in mind that's just generalized. There is a ton more data in that report you can read (if you can) for yourself.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.