[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Canadians not allowed to conceal carry? Even more importantly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: hipower.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hipower.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
Why are Canadians not allowed to conceal carry?

Even more importantly, why are Canadian Forces members in combat arms roles not allowed to conceal carry? We saw two days ago a terrorist walk into the recruitment centre and stabbed two people, knowing he will not be killed himself.

What is the logic behind not letting more people carry? It makes perfect sense to me that a soldier should be allowed to conceal carry at the very least.

Would they carry the hipower? The p226?
>>
>>29275368
US solders can't carry in the recruitment centers either.

>Would they carry the hipower? The p226?

uhhh, in a fantastical, hypothetical scenario they could carry star wars blasters for all i care.
>>
>>29275368
It's because liberals are so afraid of guns they're okay with disarming all the responsible citizens if it means temporarily disarming some criminals. That's why.
>>
>>29275421
What's the reason behind that? Seems ridiculous.
>>
>>29275368
It's basically because Canada is one of the safest countries in the world. So the vast majority of the population is fine with CC'ing for the general populace being off the table (note: I think it should be permitted, but these are the facts of the situation).

If crime were to suddenly skyrocket, the demand would be there.

>>29275439
Fuck off /pol/.
>>
>>29275368
because open carry is way cooler.

If you have reason to carry an unrestricted weapon, you are free to openly carry it.

Lets say you were in the bush, and as such were carrying a big knife?

Wear that big knife proudly on your way back into town. Of course you're expected to remove it before entering any establishments.
>>
>>29276143
>/pol/

Lol hes correct you idiot.
>>
>>29275368
Canadians can be allowed to Concealed Carry.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-207/

You are also implying that Canadian Forces members know anything about handguns. Of the soldiers that have fired the browning many will have only done it as a familiarization shoot.
>>
>>29276143
>Fuck off /pol/.
He's not wrong, most government buildings are gun free zones, as mandated by the federal government.
>>
>>29276200
>this somehow makes him right
They didn't suddenly institute this rule when the Liberals came into power last November, fuckwit.

But please, feel free to ignore my entirely logical and factual reasoning for why things are the way they are, and just go with the "hurr, durr, libruls" answer. It's not like conservatives haven't proved that they're prone to thinking with their feels when it suits them.

And yes, it was (probably) the Liberal party who originally took CC from us, but the reason why we've never taken it back has a lot more to do with the reality of life in most of Canada, rather than some stupid political bullshit.
>>
>>29276269
We were talking about US recruitment centers, not your Canadian liberals.
>>
>>29276317
Well my apologies then, but considering the original subject matter of the thread, I assumed we were still talking about Canada
>>
>>29275439
AND EVEN THAT DOESN'T WORK
HOW SURPRISING
>>
>>29275368
Cause of their beedy little eyes and floppy heads
>>
>>29276269

There hasn't been any type of 'concealed carry' or anything like it since like 1895, unless you had a credible threat against your life.

Canadian laws regarding handguns haven't changed that much at all in a century.
>>
>>29275421
They can in Tennessee now big boy.
>>
>>29275368
Canadians are too weak to be trusted with freedom
>>
>>29276192
this.
>>
>>29278214
>1895
Huh, I always figured it was a more recent event.
>>
>Even more importantly, why are Canadian Forces members in combat arms roles not allowed to conceal carry?

1) Why would you CC if you're in combat?
>>
>>29276192
It is absurdly hard to get a cc permit.
>>
>>29278605
Really wouldn't be combat in a civilian situation. More like a robbery or hostage situation with some random carrying. Within the situation, since you are CCing the criminals won't come at you specifically because you practically have a huge exclamation mark above your head telling them you are armed.
I hope your Canadian because if your a citizen from the US asking such questions deserves a good paddling.
>>
>>29278229
hell yeah

Tennessee master race
>>
>>29279062
*because you *don't*...
>>
>>29279062
The fuck are you on about
>>
>>29275368
we are the most pacified group of people on earth.

muh gov't taxes the fuck out of us and gives it to liberal fantasy projects and feather dindus.
>>
>>29279082
Guess I shouldn't have thrown my 2 cents immediately after waking up.
CCing in a real war combat situation would be ideal in the worst case scenario (being captured alive).
>>
>>29279070
that probably doesn't mean what you were thinking when you typed it.
>>
we can, as shown by >>29276192
its just a big pain in the ass and despite having a decent gun culture the thought of jst carrying one around is (and I swear ive heard this before} "too American, we're a little more civilized"
I want to, a few of the people I know want t, but a vast majority including some gun owners don't want us too
>>
>>29276143
He is correct you nigger cock mongler
>>
>>29275421
>>29278229
US soldiers can now carry on base with their XOs approval which pretty much means you need to be in a free state and have a CCW.

I don't remember if it extends to recruitment offices or not.

But it was a part of the new DoD's budget, the same bill that is giving the CMP WW2 M1911s
>>
>>29275368
The question is, how many Syrups have the balls to break the law if they feel the need?
>>
>>29279662
> the thought of jst carrying one around is (and I swear ive heard this before} "too American, we're a little more civilized"
I don't understand why the common man reasons this way in Canada, or most parts of Europe for that matter. Isn't robbing people of the right to effectively defend their own life against aggressors the "uncivilized" alternative? I cannot for the life of me grasp how disarming law-abiding citizens, essentially rendering them helpless when confronted with danger, is "civilized". Mental gymnastics at it's best, really.
>>
>>29280071
Well, there's one mentally unhinged TT-33 carrying fellow in the Canada General.
>>
>>29280004
Fuck yes.
>>
>>29276164
this. You could have a fucking sword if you wanted to and as long as you don't hide it you're fine.
>>
>>29280711
Well sometimes you have to shoot through car doors or a fat ass in a coat.
>>
>>29275368
If they're active duty, why would they conceal.

I'll give you a reason. Something like a fullsize pistol on a gun belt is irritating when you're job is desk work. Concealing it (no point because military) just exacerbates it.
>>
>>29280711
>Mentally unhinged
I resent that. I just understand that it's nearly impossible to get caught, and after living in a shit area and being mugged at knifepoint, I simply stopped giving a shit and decided I wasn't going to be a victim again.

I'm just a regular guy, there's nothing "mentally unhinged" about me.
>>
>>29281230
Nah, I just always liked Tokarevs. 7.62x25 is cheap up here, and it's a pleasant round to shoot. There are better pistols, no question, I just like Toks. So sue me.
>>
>>29281410
>implying mentally unhinged TT-33 carrying fellow wasn't a play on the name Crazy Tok Guy

Come on, Tok. Where's your sense of humor?
>>
>>29276192
Conceal carry permits only go to:
>people who can prove their lies are under threat, e.g. as part of witness protection, but possibly not even then
>People who need to carry as part of their job, e.g. security guard, cop, or occasionally a park ranger
>friends of the RCMP/politicians, e.g. you 99%er plebs aren't allowed to defend yourselves, only us 1% master race beings
>>
File: contempt bashir.jpg (32 KB, 428x467) Image search: [Google]
contempt bashir.jpg
32 KB, 428x467
>>29276143
>If crime were to suddenly skyrocket, the demand would be there.

Motherfucker, if crime were to skyrocket in Canada every liberal faggot in Toronto would be screeching for every firearm from coast to coast to coast to be prohibited, with the RCMP performing random, warrant less searches to ensure laws are being followed.

It wouldn't matter what the crime was either, it could be carjackings committed with a zippo lighter and a can of WD40, the CBC would be running interviews and miniseries about gun violence and why guns need to be banned.
>>
>>29281438
Sorry, it's been a long day. Went right over my head.
>>
File: 1450852392227.jpg (100 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1450852392227.jpg
100 KB, 759x508
>>29281480
>CBC would be running interviews and miniseries about gun violence and why guns need to be banned

MUH WOMEN'S SAFETY
MUH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
MUH POLYTECHNIQUE MUTHAFUCKA
>>
>>29281410
>Dropped his Tok in the middle of a Tim Horton's
>>
>>29281739
Yeah, not one of my brightest ideas, carrying nig style innapocket.
>>
>>29281480
>hurrr! My feels disagree with your facts!
>I know all libruls hate guns, /k/ told me so!
Fuck off /pol/fag.
>>
>>29281866
That is literally all liberals in Canada, most people actually don't like guns.
But have fun being delusional.
>>
File: elmer-fudd.jpg (36 KB, 346x480) Image search: [Google]
elmer-fudd.jpg
36 KB, 346x480
>>29281913
I would argue it's the MUH DURR RIFUL DON'T NEED SALT WEPUNZ FER HUNTIN EH liberal voting fudds that are our worst enemies, politically.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.