[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't we seeing massed drone attacks yet? Can you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
Why aren't we seeing massed drone attacks yet?

Can you imagine a swarm of drones with explosives attached attacking a city? Surprised no terrorists have thought of this.
>>
>>29270816

Because it could literally be defeated with a shotgun.
>>
Because the FAA forced registration of drones, so now terrorists can't use them or they'll be found out!

Nah. Actually I've been wondering this too. Makes more sense than a suicide bombing, and you wouldn't even need explosives. Just fly it into a jet engine on take off. I'm sure some psycho will eventually do it, just a matter of when and how.
>>
>>29270859

Fuck I was thinking of this the last time I was on a plane, a drone into each engine just after take off and this thing is going down to the ground packed full of fuel.
>>
payload is pathetic unless you get up into really expensive and large airframes.

So you are spending a whole lot of time and effort to fly a hand grenade.
>>
>>29270859
Still haven't registered any of mine.
I fly commercial without a pilot's license too.
FAA can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>29270836
So can a suicide bomber.
>>
because 'terrorists' are an overblown boogeyman that have one function only: to keep burgers afraid enough so they don't mind getting fleeced by the military industrial complex.

more americans die of inhaling pen caps annually than have died in a terrorist attack in the last 10 years. so maybe we should set up a trillion dollar govt program to develop safer pens.
>>
>>29271022
Well it looks like the trillion dollar plan is working
>>
File: 1457897134312.jpg (92 KB, 768x783) Image search: [Google]
1457897134312.jpg
92 KB, 768x783
>>29270899
>a drone into each engine just after take off
yeah I can totally see that happen
top kek
>>
>>29271129

It's feasible
>>
>>29271305
No its not feasible idiot.

There are several things that will foil your plan.
A - The pilots are not morons, they are likely to spot your drones before they take off.

B - The air traffic controllers are not morons and are likely to spot your drones.

C - The plane can undergo a high speed stop provided they arent significantly airborne. Not great to do once they are past their commit velocity but they can do it on all but the shortest runways.

D - Pilots are actively thinking where do I go if I have a dual engine failure. They likely already have a plan before its happened. On most takeoffs you have some options even if thats a river or a golf course.
>>
>>29271379

Kek!

If a plane takes off and some guys hiding inna woods or nearby town in a well concealed position/building take off some drones and fly them into the engines the plane is fucked FUCKED. There is nothing a pilot can do, you are 500-1000 feet above the ground and your engines are gone, back down you go into a huge fireball.
>>
>>29271580
Yeah, I can fucking climb.

You know what a combat take off is yes?

Also
>500 ft
>what is a turning
>>
>>29270816

drone muggings would be scary

imagine walking down a dark street, hearing a buzz behind you, turning around, and seeing a drone with a gun pointed at you.

'PLEASE INSERT WALLET INTO TRAY'
>>
>>29271580
>If a plane takes off and some guys hiding inna woods or nearby town in a well concealed position/building take off some drones and fly them into the engines
>he really thinks someone can manage to fly a drone into an engine mounted on a plane moving in both the X and Z direction
it's so damn easy to do this, the amount of drones being steered into turbine engines at takeoff every year is at an alarming ZERO
again, top kek
>>
>>29271717

Kek it can be done, I've tried it ;)
>>
>>29270816
>ctrl-f mortar
Mortars do the same job for less money.
>>
>>29271129
>>29271379
>>29271305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQObVKFbY_8
>>
>>29271733
No, no it cant anon.
>>
>>29271766

Ok lol
>>
>>29270816
I think having 100 drones shipped to one address might cause some suspicion.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x315
>>29271129
You're better off with a rifle and a good shot to be honest.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 425x247) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 425x247
>>29271379
Atc can NOT see drones (glorified RC airplanes) on radar.
High speed aborts are very hard to do. Usually a commercial aircraft is at V2 speed at about 5000ft runway distance. From there on the takeoff must be made.
Yes, pilots always try to plan for engine failures but a multi engine failure is so uncommon that if it did happen you really are just kissing your own ass and pulling luck from your luck bag (Hudson river US air is a great example of this.)
>>
Because any terrorists with the balls to fight America are generally retarded.
I remember when Inspire magazine had the article on planning a terrorist attack with swords. Their advice was to tie swords and knives to a tractor and drive them in a crowded place.

I'd provide a link but that's one watchlist I don't want to be on
>>
File: image.gif (376 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
376 KB, 294x233
>>29271614
You can NOT turn and return to the airport after a multi engine failure bellow 1000ft even 2000ft is impossible for most commercial aircraft. Now IF I was in a piper cub I could return to the field at 500ft.
>>
>>29272627

If you were in a piper cub and got whacked with a drone you probably would have a pretty fucked up wing or a face full of drone
>>
>>29272619
That's some gladiator shit right there
>>
>>29272750
Still would take the cub over the 737
>>
>>29270816
There was the drone in Japan that carried radioactive material onto the lawn of the prime ministers house so it has been done before.

As for a terror attack, it would be most effective over top of an outdoor event like a concert.
You dont even need to do very much damage, the panic it causes will be enough.
It could be like 20 drones, 150ft up loaded with cardboard pipe bombs and the biggest batterys they can fit.
>Rig a servo with a spike that punches the LiPo battery.
>It falls straight down while lighting a fuse on the bomb.
>Hits people injurying them with the weight.
>People go to help and see what happened
Boom!
>People next to it die and mass panic cause secondary deaths at the exits.
>Completely terrorize the people that live by the sound of a drone buzzing.

Would be a nightmare.
Also be sure to have extra drones flying all around so people are afraid of those ones falling also.

Ohh and be sure to live stream it from one of the drones still flying.
>>
File: 1415877047669.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1415877047669.png
96 KB, 241x228
>Go to Saudi Arabia
>Get drone
>Put remote release mechanism on it
>Attach bacon
>Drop it on Mecca

So simple, yet billions of lives would be lost as a result
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.