[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the fuckers actually did it, theyre closing Chabot gun range
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: tikka_t3_forest.png (95 KB, 1600x269) Image search: [Google]
tikka_t3_forest.png
95 KB, 1600x269
the fuckers actually did it, theyre closing Chabot gun range

inb4 cry more and move away from san francisco, theres loads of people here who want to keep it open

The biggest turnout EVER to a public comment parks meeting, over 80% in support of keeping the place open, and the whole parks board votes unanimously to close it

The petition was 8000 signatures for keeping open, and the competing anti-petition got 300, and from their comments a lot of them were confused old fudds that signed the wrong one

Theres going to be a whole generation of kids raised here that have no place to go shoot. I'm sick of this fucking plan to end an entire way of life--this range has been here since the 1960s. A whole generation with no way to begin to question the anti-gun sentiment so common around here

At least California is doing its part to save me from lead exposure and cancer. No literally, thats the board's rationale

Goddamn /k/ how do I stop feeling so tread upon

Pic unrelated, its the model of Tikka T3 I will be using to remove oink this year once the 10 day, please reconsider your murderous ways wait period is over
>>
Didn't that corrupt crime ridden shitty also close its only gun store down?
>>
>>29264069
Living in Washington the gun laws here are exactly spectacular, but I feel so lucky when I see people post about the shit they have to deal with in Commiefornia.
>>
>>29264112
Yeah.
>>
Why the hell would anyone live in Kommiefornia if you in any way cherish the freedom of the 2nd Amendment? I can't believe how you cucks put up with safe gun list. Just move out of the state. It's a sinking ship with all the niggers and spics.
>>
>>29264148
Your day is drawing closer. Seattle pulled off exactly the result they wanted on 591/594, they'll be coming back for more soon enough.
>>
>>29264148
Shhh, you'll draw more Californians to your state.
>>
The Austrila of the United States
>silly goyim, there is no gun crime after we removed your
Gun rights.
>>
>>29264174
YOU ARE WHATS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY.

fags like you help america get cucked. faggot.
>>
>>29264069
Go up to Marin, at least we have ranges.
>>
>>29264069
I love the fact that they want to close it so bad they're willing to pay millions to do immediate lead cleanup instead of letting Chabot do long term cleanup along with some short term things to actually bring the site up to code.
>>
The Concord range is still closed too because someone found a bullet in a nearby church lot. And by found I mean planted
>>
>>29264069
How much of an activist do you want to be, OP? I just did a quick browse of the EBRPD website and the Chabot Range website. A few things come to mind.

First, the Board of Directors for the park district are elected. The district might change their mind if their entire board has to deal with the hassle and expense of a recall election.

See if you can get hold of that 8000 signature petition. There's your power base right there. Start reaching out and contacting those people. Get in touch with the senior rangemaster, see if he can help you get a copy of those names. If not, do a FOIA request for the names from the park admin office.

You also want to check out everybody on the park district board. You're looking for anything that can be used against them in a recall election. Also, see if the senior rangemaster would be interested in running to fill a seat if you can mount a recall against the incumbents. Look for likely candidates for all of the seats. And coordinate with the rangemaster and CGC board of directors. They will be your best resource for political infighting.

Do this thing OP.
>>
>>29265141
Better yet, see who funded their campaigns, or whether they got any 'donations' from Bloomberg recently.
>>
>>29264284
Spic/nigger hybrid detected. It must suck to be an abomination
>>
>>29265141
But, OP would actually have to do something instead of complain on /k/.
>>
>>29264112
They didn't close it down, the owner of the store called it quits because the city wanted to record every transaction he made to "catch criminals".
>>
>>29266328
What he's trying to tell you is that people who give up in the masses are what allow tyranny and bullshit to take over. People have to stand up to this shit with numbers, if half of them run away all of the authoritarian shit will continue.
>>
>>29266328
>Give up
>Allow anti gun indoctrination to run unopposed
>Give other states an example to point at and say "look if they could ban it, so can we!"

It'll only spread if it's not stopped at the root
>>
>>29265170
That's part of it, but not essential to a recall election. Unless, maybe Bloomberg is out of favor with the Bay Area apparatchiks. Maybe play up the angle of outside interests dictating local politics, etc.
>>
>>29266328
Because it's so much better to run away, right? You French or something? What are you going to do when there's no place left to run? There won't be a US around to bail your worthless ass out, because bedwetters like you ran away and let it die.
>>
>>29264069
>democracy
>where elected officials have no need to listen to the people
kek
>>
>>29266338
Make a few phone calls, talk to some people. Maybe do some organizing.

I'm 300 miles away, in NorCal, otherwise I'd be putting in the time. I don't have a lot of excess, but I can kick down $50 to help.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
>>29266328
/pol/ pls
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.