[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bow vs. Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 550x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 550x176
What has more killing power, a recurve now at 40-55 pounds, or a .22lr rifle?

Which one would you rather have in a WROL SHTF situation?
>>
>>29255027
>WROL SHTF

Woah there buddy, let's not talk about sheepdogs and POU.

Anyway, if you are actually good with a bow, recurve is alright. I would probably still take the .22 because despite having experience I'm not a great bowman.

You can take larger game with a 40 lb recurve but arrows are pretty easy to break. Also there will probably be plenty of .22LR about in the basements of fat boomers, but not nearly as many arrows about.
>>
>>29255051
But can't you take the same game with .22 as you can with a bow from further away?
>>
>>29255061
If you're good enough, sure. The .22 would still be a more reliable solution.
>>
Crossbow, they kill in one shot just like COD, MLG pro
>>
>>29255083
Explosive tipped?
>>
>>29255095
But it only works if it's a 360 noscope
>>
>>29255027
The bow for sure has more actual power vs a 22. Arrows carry a ton of energy vs a bullet since they're a heavy and a long shaft that puts lots of ft/lbs on the impact.
But bows are objectively shit and extremely hard to use vs even something like a 22. Not to mention that keeping working arrows around for it will be tough in the short term if you use it much at all. You'll be losing or breaking arrows left and right.
It's ok to have a bow to have one, but choosing it over a gun or fooling yourself into thinking it's superior in almost any way makes you a special kind of retard.
>>
In a combat scenario which one would you all rather have?

Bolt action .22lr
Or
Recurve?
>>
>>29258726
Are you serious??? Have you never held a gun or something? Been watching too much avengers on TV?
The 22. Bows are crap for all but sitting in a tree stand till you find that "perfect" easy close-up shot at a stationary and unsuspecting target.
I'd peg you within 200 yards effortlessly with the 22, and could carry 1000+rds very easily on my person.
>>
>>29255027
>killing power

Please find out through firsthand experience by trying them out on yourself.
>>
>>29258843
I don't have a lot of living things I want to kill bud
>>
>>29256701
Arrows actually don't carry a lot of KE - they're heavy, but even the fastest arrow is still going less than 400 fps. The good news is that arrows don't kill with KE, they kill by penetrating and cutting - i.e. momentum (and shot placement).

If an arrow can penetrate deep enough to cut something's vitals, it can kill it, provided the archer can put the arrow there.
>>
>>29261364
Arrows, that are well designed for hunting, cause bleeding, and are near impossible to remove unless they are push all the way through.
>>
Which would you rather be shot by: 40 pound recurve or .22LR rifle?
>>
>>29258870
>on yourself
>>
Sup faaaags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7f4PRW4d8
>>
>>29262606
.22lr

smaller wound than a nasty broadhead
>>
>>29258815
>implying I can't carry 1000+ arrows

Who the hell do you think I am
>>
>>29255027
Really depends on the round and arrowhead, as well as shot placement.

I'd much rather be hit with .22 of any stripe than I would with a broadhead to the same location.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.