[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/. I need your help... I'm about to make a large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (74 KB, 350x172) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 350x172
Hello /k/. I need your help... I'm about to make a large purchase on Palmetto State Armory (around 360 bucks, with an added 25 bucks for shipping) and I was wondering if any of you had any coupon codes for their website? I need to shave off a few dollars but I can't afford to wait, everything I want is on a huge sale right now. Thanks for your help and please be gentle
>>
>>29240966
M8 if you need a coupon for a few hundred dollars you should not be spending money on shit you don't need right now. I'm not being rude just honest.
>>
>>29241001
Thanks but I'm 18 years old and I still live with my parents. I have a weekend job and I'm working just to pay for this.
>>
>>29241237
You're me.
Building an AR?
>>
>>29241237
so have you actually sourced a lower gotten your dad to buy you one?
you know youve got to be 21. right?
>>
>>29241237
Don't worry about shitposters, we were all 18 once.

Sorry, no coupon code, but you can always wait for a sale. They cycle through them quickly.
>>
They don't offer coupons unless it's for a promotion like "10% off scratch and dent guns", sorry pal. They typically only offer daily deals
>>
>>29241272
That's state dependent. Some states (commifornia) won't sell just the receiver as it can be made into a pistol.

I live in WI and have bought two lowers (AR and AK, who buys complete rifles anymore?) without an issue, and that was between 18-20. Granted this was five years ago, did something change?
>>
>>29241272
Not for a rifle lower, dingus.
>>
>>29241313
most states cant sell stripped lowers to under 21 cause the other could be made into a rifle or a pistol

commifornia forces all stripped to be classified as a longgun 18 year olds can actually buy them but if you want a pistol ar you are shit out of luck and making an 80
>>
>>29241271
You know it buddy.
>>
>>29241272
California.
Ar-15 80% lower. Got it for 35 bucks from palmetto. Technically just an expensive paperweight.
>>
>>29241272
Not OP, but unless your state prohibits it you can buy anything from another resident at 18.
>>29241372
There is no such thing as a rifle lower. If it's a "virgin" lower,a firearm that has never been assembled into ready to fire condition, or taken off any type of firearm except a machine gun, it transfers as an "OTHER".
>>29241386
>most states cant sell stripped lowers to under 21
No states allow an FFL to transfer stripped lowers to someone under 21. It's federal law.
>cause the other could be made into a rifle or a pistol
It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with pistols. All firearms require the purchaser to be 21 years old, except for "rifles" and "shotguns".
>>
>>29240966
Oh, and what's your parts list, OP? Chances are fucked up somewhere, let's have a look.
>everything I want is on a huge sale right now.
Literally nothing on PSA is on "huge sale" right now. Everything comes up every now and again.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29241622
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-freedom-stainless-moe-blk-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-hpt-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-no-logo-39339.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle-24080.html

And finally, just a bullet button.

I also need a buffer tube assembly and the stock, but I want an A2 so that comes later.
>>
>>29241737
>And finally, just a bullet button.
HOLLLLLL' UP
What state are you in?
>http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-hpt-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-no-logo-39339.html
No, wait another two or three months and get one for $80
>http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle-24080.html
$20 for a charging handle? You can get them for like $12.
>http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-freedom-stainless-moe-blk-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
Freedom = old PTAC, PTAC = garbage

Get a list of literally every single part in an AR down to the individual springs and detent pins, find good prices for each, and buy over the course of a few months. You don't need to hop on every opportunity.
>>
>>29241605
PSA sells complete rifle lowers. OP never said he was buying a stripped lower, not sure why you assumed, you retard.
>>
>>29241837
Freedom is completely different from PTAC. The only bad thing about PTAC series was the barrels, and Freedom uppers have stainless barrels.

Why is this thread full of idiots?
>>
>>29241837
California... Read my other posts lol. How do you know the BCG will go down in price? 50 bucks off is already premium. And the charging handle is preimium I guess. It's already on sale so why not.
>>
>>29241837
>Freedom = old PTAC, PTAC = garbage
freedom = generic cheap stainless steel barrels
premium = normal chromelined barrel nothing special
chf= that fn cold hammer forged barrel that people cream themselves over and idiots believe all of psa offering are this level of quality just cause it says psa
>>
>>29241856
There is no such thing as "rifle" lowers. A complete lower, even with a stock, still transfers as "OTHER".
If an FFL transfers a lower receiver as a rifle they have broken the law.
>>29241873
k
>>29241878
Missed the namefagging
>How do you know the BCG will go down in price?
They do all the time. $80 BCGs come up once every 2-3 months at PSA. Sometimes they are blems, sometimes they aren't. Usually they are no-logo carriers, though. Hell, they just did last week.
http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=197821&p=3255294#post3255294
>And the charging handle is preimium I guess.
No, unless you're getting some super tacticool charging handle a CH is a CH.
>It's already on sale so why not.
because you're here asking about saving money
>>
>>29241878
Man fuck my spelling. I'm way to tired. >>29241837
Also I forgot to ask, what state are YOU in? You probably get cheaper prices because of your state. Here in good ol commieland an aluminum 30rd (limited) mag can run you almost 30 bucks, 20 in the GOOD places
>>
>>29241939
Fuck no kidding? Man I wish I saw that 80 buck BCG. Also yeah I guess you're right. I'll scratch the BCG for now, might as well buy the upper tho, doubt it'll go under 33% off. and the bullet button I may as well just buy now
>>
>>29241942
>You probably get cheaper prices because of your state.
Pennsylvania, but that doesn't really happen.
>Here in good ol commieland an aluminum 30rd (limited) mag can run you almost 30 bucks, 20 in the GOOD places
pinned mags are added labor, so they of course cost extra. Shit like bolt carrier groups, charging handles, upper receivers, muzzle brakes, holsters, hammers, pins, etc are all identical parts that are separated by shipping, and 21st century shipping is efficient as fuck.
>>
>>29241970
ignore the crossed out number
you are not saving 33%

the price on it is just 20 bucks off
normally the standard handguard version of that upper is 219
your just getting a better handguard

its not a bad price but its not the deal you think it is
>>
>>29241970
buy twice = ship twice

If you're careful you can build an AR from parts for around $420.

This guy gets it. >>29242017
>>
>>29241837
PTAC is fine
>>
>>29243022
I've heard bad things. Never used one though. It's so cheap to just get a regular/blem PSA upper/lower I don't know why you'd go with the PTAC.
>>
>>29241970
I got muh BCG/charging handle for 100 bucks. Just gotta watch the sales. They usually have awesome prices. Shipping times can be a cunt, though.
>>
>>29245437
ran almost 1500 round through one with only 1 ftf and that was with Tula ammo
>>
File: 1453064224884.png (2 MB, 1289x1257) Image search: [Google]
1453064224884.png
2 MB, 1289x1257
>>29241939
I just ordered a blem premium fa bcg for seventy five at the end of Feb, I've seen it as low as 69.99 during black Friday. The blem was a tiny scrape on the rear bottom. Slick guns can let you know how low this stuff has been in the past
>>
Theyve gotten better with shipping times. No coupon codes unfortuntely. They might have a sale for st patricks days
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.