[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Returning to Commiefornia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Hey /k/, I moved to the south after the crash. I found a good job and a good woman, but I have the opportunity to move back to my home state. My cousin is running work at the Apple headquarters and will put me to work for the next 5 years. $46 an hour, $50 when I make foreman... plus benefits.

My question is, can I legally return with the few pistols I've bought that aren't on the roster?

How about my AR?
Would I be forced to cuck it up, grind off the bayonet lug and install a bullet button?

T.Hanks guise!
>>
Don't be that much of a faggot.
>>
File: 1451353206966.jpg (102 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1451353206966.jpg
102 KB, 620x387
>>29235206
>My question is, can I legally return with the few pistols I've bought that aren't on the roster?
Nope, illegal but who cares?
>How about my AR?
Would I be forced to cuck it up, grind off the bayonet lug and install a bullet button?
Yes.
>>
>>29235235
But If I put 10 more years in with the union, I can retire after 10-15 years.
I'd have to wait until I'm 56, but my pension would be over $3k a month... which is enough to be well off in the south.
...or better yet, Idaho.
>>
>>29235206
Pretty sure bayo lug can be bypassed with a bullet button, its the grenade launcher lug that is the concern.

You can always slap a muzzle brake and some weird fangled grip to go featureless on the AR.

As for off roster handguns, last i remember, you can bring them over but you'll need to register them within a certain time period.

Now isnt the best time for guns in CA. Multiple bills on the horizon. Ammo background check bill, bullet button bill AND all semi auto centerfire rifle that takes detachable mags. State wide "high cap" mag ban. That stupid ghost gun shit. Newsom running for governor in a few years.
>>
File: 1449700453615.jpg (48 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1449700453615.jpg
48 KB, 540x540
>>29235244
Shit. I figured as much on the AR, but I was hoping to be legal with my Sphinx SDP and CZ 82s etc.
>>
>>29235259
Yeah, I've heard they are really screwing the pooch back home.
But I am sick of working for $17 an hour when I could be making $50 along with a good retirement, which means more funz and a bass boat when I retire.

Plus, I still have family in the south and can bring back ammo for my personal use when I drive back to visit a couple times a year.
>>
>>29235298
Do that. Leave some of your funs back with family or storage.
I am pretty sure about the handgun thing, but its always better if you give the DOJ a read through on the matter.

As for the 10+ capacity mags you have, well, if you bring those over, you'd technically be commiting a felony.
>>
>>29235265
Fuck it. The Sphinx is too nice to leave behind. Just don't be posting on Facebook "hey guyz! I haz off-roster handguns, but don't tell nobody, 'kay? It's a secret! And come to my big Off Roster Pistol Shoot next weekend!"
>>
>>29235340
You can bring off roster handguns you already own into CA.

You just have to register it in 30 days.
Leave any higher-than-10 round mags behind.
And the handgun cannot have a threaded barrel.

Unless of course you dont want to let the state know about it.
>>
>>29235340
My Sphinx is the one gun I would keep over all my others, including my rifles.
I bought my USP in California 15 years ago, and it was registered to me then. So I should be good with that one.
But I have Jerichos too, and other pistols I really like.

My dad passed away and left me a preban M1A Scout bought in California. It has a suppressor but no bayonet lug. Not sure, but I think it would be grandfathered.
Without the lug it wasn't explicitly banned in 2000. But I noticed all M1As came with a muzzle brake, rather than the suppressor after the ban.
>>29235369
Cool. I have 10 rounders for all but the 82s and Sphinx, but I can buy those from my lgs. I'll leave the high caps with my mom. Maybe the AR too, if I don't want to cuck it the fuck up. The M1A could take its place.
>>
>>29235340
We used to wheel up in Tahoe, and up at Cortright reservoir along the Dewsy/Irshim trail.

I have an fj40 Land Cruiser that I used to take out to Hollister Hills about every other weekend when I was a kid.

Where are you guys camping this weekend?
>>
File: ftfy.png (209 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
ftfy.png
209 KB, 480x480
>>29235206
>>
>>29235549
But this one isn't funny though.
The other one made me chuckle, and seemed fitting for throwing away my freedom and moving back to Commiefornia.
>>
>>29235206
You IBEW bro? As long as Shits in your name you're good to go, they can't fuck with you, so long as you comply with local law. And modify your AR to be Cali compliant, bullet buttons are cheap on eBay
>>
>>29235750
Some are in my name, some I bought through private sale because I currently live in a free gun zone.
>>
>>29235750
Oh, an no. Drywall/Lathers 9144.
IBEW has to be making $60 an hour by now. They went on strike during the boom for like 3 days, and got a $10 an hour raise. They're always making more than carpenters.
Elevator Constructors must be close to $100.
>>
>>29235591
Oh gotcha, I didn't get the context in which you were using it. Well played.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.