[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /k/ hunt foxes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: spyfox.jpg (2 MB, 2688x2016) Image search: [Google]
spyfox.jpg
2 MB, 2688x2016
So I hunt deer and Hogs from time to time in the piney woods of Texas. I also wholesale slaughter coyotes on sight, due to their numbers and a current massive rabies issue. However, I don't see any reason or need to hunt the local foxes.

They aren't a threat. They don't usually wander too close to houses. The local ones are all fluff-tards, with the most damage I've seen so far being turned over trash cans. They also don't have a sizable population locally to need culling.

To anyone out there who does hunt them why do you do it? Selling pelts? Overpopulation? Is my area just lucky enough to get the docile mentally handy-capped ones?
>>
You can eat them, taste good.
Just inserted it in salt, water, pepper and lemon juice for 3 days.
Then roast it and serve with potato, bay leaf and Sauerkraut
>>
File: blowoutstalker.jpg (32 KB, 814x294) Image search: [Google]
blowoutstalker.jpg
32 KB, 814x294
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! SLAANESHIE WHORE
>>
>>29235126

If you eat a fox you have to be the nastiest motherfucker on Earth. I've smelled those things. Jesus.

>>29234930

What part of the Deep East are you in, OP? Shelby County here. Headed over to Toledo Bend this weekend.
>>
>>29235139
I do, if you dont like the smell you can put the body into flowing water for one day.
Here in Hesse its somewhat normal, but people look at it more and more weird, but you should try
>>
File: Hind D.jpg (426 KB, 2048x1492) Image search: [Google]
Hind D.jpg
426 KB, 2048x1492
In the Middle East, we don't hunt foxes, we hunt jackals. Instead of foxhounds we use royal harriers.
>>
>>29235155

Foxes smell like a small dog that's been raised belly-deep in cat piss it's whole life. I cannot fathom what those fuckers taste like. Probably like licking hobo taint beside a tire fire.
>>
They kill poultry. If it was one every now and again it wouldn't be a priority, but if they get in they kill everything then walk out with a single bird. Wasteful little shits, even by pest standards.
>>
>>29234930
I kill foxes so you can kill deer.
predators kill the shit we want to kill, so we kill them first instead, so we can kill more overall
>>
>>29234930
Over here in northeastern Hungary they're hunted because they often wander into village gardens and yards and fuck up chicken coops.
Hell I've seen one of them running across my garden last night. They don't really bother me and I feel kinda sorry when I see them and their cubs flattend on the road leading into the village where I live, but I guess they can be really fkning annoying for anyone trying to raise chickens, ducks or whatever.
>>
>>29235188
Are you retarded? Foxes can't kill anything but a fawn, and I mean a goddamn brand new fawn.

If you had said chickens, fine. But deer? Goddamn nigger, I bet you don't even hunt at all, you tryhard faggot.
>>
>>29235179
If i would have to compare it to any "mainstream" meat it is most close to hog.
>>
Furfags are the worst

Hey OP, why do you step on ants for no reason?
>>
>>29235170
Heh.

When I was at Kandahar, we had an issue with golden foxes running onto the airfield at night. They actually brought in a guy from the USDA to take care of them and the birds nearby. He had a cool suppressed bolt gun with a NV scope.
>>
OP here.
>>29235139
Nacogdoches county. Headed to Toledo for fishing? I used to frequent lake Nac before it started to dip too bad. Hearing some rumors of gators in the lake now.

also,
>>29235219
>implying furfag for not killing a single species.
I just don't hunt them via choice. Like I said, all the ones I've ran across are fluff-tards. I've heard of more animals lost to corn snakes than I have of foxes.

As per the ants:
1. Go fist a fire ant bed. see how that works out.
2. Antman existed at one point and may still be around. I'm not taking the risk of running into his fucking pets.
>>
File: php3P1zKzAM_-_Kopi[1].jpg (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
php3P1zKzAM_-_Kopi[1].jpg
79 KB, 600x450
>>29235208
>Foxes can't kill anything but a fawn
did you know that fawns become deer?
foxes is the biggest cause of death of deer fawns in norway/sweden.

the fox can catch grown deer if the conditions are right. the deer will fall through the hard layer on the snow, while the fox runs on top.
the fucking fox murders all the grouse and other small game.
since the pelts cant compete with pelt farm pelts, nobody bothers hunting them anymore, so its so fucking many of them. I get free ammo and food when i go hunting fox, because hunting orgs hate them so much
>>
File: yiffInHellMotherfuckers.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yiffInHellMotherfuckers.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
>>29234930
YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY YIFF IN HELL!!!
>>
>>29235179
your post indicates that you have experience licking hobo taint.

Did you enjoy licking taint beside the romantic, flickering tire fire?
>>
I take one of my mom's rabbits that aren't fit for showing, snap one of its legs and drop it in a live trap. Then I go into my blind and wait for the foxes or coyotes to show up.

At the end of the day I'm balls deep in yote or fox pelts and I have rabbit to eat.
>>
A fox can kill small livestock like chickens, ducks, and rabbits along with baby turkeys and baby deer (both of which I enjoy hunting also). So in order to keep a area ripe for hunting, I usually kill off a couple every time I start noticing a large number of them running around.

Same thing goes for coyotes.
>>
>>29234930
I don't hunt them for a good few reasons.
>they're cute
>they're semi-tame due to decades of suburban living (I've got one that lives under my back deck that's so docile I can hand feed her and she's let me pet her a few times, she plays with my cat (who's bigger than her)
>they're critically endangered in the wild due to being run out or killed by coyotes and semi trucks and the pelts aren't worth dick-all here
>the only things they kill are mice/voles/rabbits (all of which are overpopulated nuisance animals) and very occasionally someone's adolescent chihuahua (good riddance), they're not big enough to kill literally any other house pet (including full-grown chihuahuas), and most people aren't dumb enough to leave pets of any kind out overnight due to coyotes.

I'd shoot a feral cat before I shot a fox, they're more destructive anyway.
>>
>>29235542
if you live in the U.S then foxes aren't even close to being critically endangered.
>>
>>29235542
>critically endangered
>foxes
either delusional or some kind of dirty foreigner
>>
>>29235542
>>29235644
well I fucked that up and left part of it out.
>in my small area
State population is modest but declining, regional population is nonexistent, literally everybody blames coyotes. Pretty much your only hope of seeing one actually in the wild and not in your suburban neighbor's back yard is when one got smashed by a semi on one of the smaller state highways.

Yes I know they're not officially endangered, but they've left my area almost completely.
>>
>>29235126
Already heard that from a hunter i know, will try it out one day
>>
>>29235338
The collapse of the fur market has let to this happening all over, in MI its coons. They eat all the pheasant eggs, we've driven out most of their natural predators, and we've stopped hunting them because most people don't want to eat trash pandas (even though they're tasty af desu senpai) and the pelts aren't worth shit because nobody here wears fur anymore. So they breed out of control and harm game bird populations.
>>
>>29235542
I live in New Jersey and the place is completely overrun by foxes, coyotes and turkeys.
>>
They eat my damn chickens
>>
>>29235351
I kekd hard at this
>>
Why are autists so obssessed with foxes and wolves?
>>
>>29235139
You dont eat your kill?wasteful bastard.
>>
>>29234930
Where in the piney woods?
I'm on the coast/marshland about 15 outside Beaumont myself.
Never seen a fox, but
>Kill ALL the nutrias
>>
>>29234930
The fox is the natural ally of the skinwalker. That's why you hunt them.

Also because they eat your chickens.
>>
File: 1359936888220.jpg (34 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
1359936888220.jpg
34 KB, 600x413
>>29235351
God damn that file name
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.