[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How likely is a human being to survive a bullet to the skull?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
How likely is a human being to survive a bullet to the skull?
What are some key factors that come into play?
[spoiler]Any experiences of being shot in the head?[/spoiler]
>>
>>29219713
What are the parameters for your inquiry? Are we talking a specific scenario? Without clarification the answer is "yes, yes with functional changes, maybe and no".
>>
>>29219713
Semi likely My father survived it
>>
Usually when someone survives a "shot to the head" it's a bullet fragment or ricochet, or the bullet passed through an obstacle or came from an extreme distance, so that it lost most of its velocity first. People rarely survive direct bullet impacts to the bare skull. It's possible for the bullet to miss critical parts of the brain and lodge itself somewhere relatively inert, but even then it's usually a pistol round that lost a great deal of velocity first.
>>
>>29219713
>>>/v/
>>>/sci/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
File: lolonly5.45.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lolonly5.45.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>be slav
>zone in at level 1 with Vodka Potion of Armor
>neat.jpg
>be killing kobolds
>friend shoots me in the head because he's a fucking noob cyka blyat
>>
>>29219863

>gunshot wounds aren't related to weapons
>>
>>29219875
Got a link?
>>
>>29220010
there was a vid on liveleak but actually here's what happened

>spetsnaz got send in chechenya for islmist kebab removal
>firefight in hills happen
>one of them got hit in the head by a ricochet
>he didn't even knew until one of his friend told him

the round stuck is 7.62x39, the dude was called "russian terminator", lucky bastard
>>
>>29220050
oh it was x39, well shit nigger
>>
Depends, lots of people have survived headshots and made full recoveries. You can lose some graymatter and be relatively ok.
>>
>>29219713
Pistol rounds are notorious for glancing off a skull if they don't hit square. It's one of the reasons you aren't supposed to go for head shots.
>>
>>29220614
And if you do, the sumbitch is likely to track your ass down halfway across the Mojave and shoot you with your own pistol.
>>
>>29219713
If you get shot by .22 you'll be dead for sure because it'll bounce around in your head
>>
>>29219713
I remember that one guy survived getting a 2 foot piece of rebar stuck in his skull because it went between the two hemispheres of the brain. The chips of skull did more damage than the bar. I guess if the round stayed perfectly intact and did a number like that with minimal skull shattering they could survive.
>>
>>29220628
Fucking let him run to Caesar like a bitch just so I could get him tied up. Plus the efficiency of getting Caesar and Benny all in one trip. 9mm ain't got nothing on this skull.
>>
>>29219713
I haven't been shot in the head, but when I was in a ICU in Iraq there was an IP next to me who had been shot 13 times (twice in the head).

Don't know if he made it though.
>>
>>29220010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwDmbfx3ak
>>
Survival depends on location of the wound, ballistics pre and during penetration and damage to the surrounding tissues. Certain things will guarantee death, like severe damage to the brainstem. Survival comes about when the majority of the damage is contained further forward because the brainstem is responsible for respiratory and cardiac control at its basest levels. You have to account for the damage to the anterior portions of the brain though, as you may end up dying from cranial exanguination. Lots of different factors op.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.