[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Storing guns at the range
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1359675320885.jpg (50 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1359675320885.jpg
50 KB, 450x450
Is it possible to store personal firearms at the range? My super-depressed friend wants a moist nugget but wants to keep it at the range/gun club.
>>
>>29219534

Only for Europoors. Storing a gun at the range is the same fucking thing as renting the same gun every time you go to the range. He either wants to defend his home from Jamal or he don't
>>
>>29219534
I think some ranges allow it.

>>29219564
Renting ends up being much more expensive in the long run.
>>
>>29219831
The difference between paying for sex and sex for free is paying for it is cheaper.
>>
>>29219534
In some countries, this is mandatory
>>
>>29220023
Some countries take it a step further.

>South Korea
>basically the only guns that civilians can own are fudd rifles and shotguns
>manual-action, of course
>handguns and tacticool shit are out of the question
>they must be stored at a police station
>the only legal use for a firearm in this country is hunting
>very few people actually go hunting because it's a very small country with mass urbanization (ie. can't go innawoods when there's hardly any woods) and because the whole process is a pain in the ass
>basically only rich people with too much time and money go hunting, and even then not all of them
>99.9% of every male over the age of 20 has some kind of military discipline
>the government somehow thinks it's perfectly reasonable to have this much gun control despite half their population being adequately trained on proper firearms handling
>>
>super-depressed friend
>wants a moist nugget

Take it from someone who had a nagant in his mouth a few years back: Don't let depressed friends have access to firearms while alone, ever.
>>
>>29220275
That's why he wants to keep it at a range.

Even then, using a nagant to commit suicide is quite tricky. You'll likely flinch and you need to use your toes which can fuck it up.
>>
>>29220275
im pretty deperessed and cotemplate suicide almost every day, I would never use a gun to kill myself though. That's why I keep an exit bag and nitrogen tanks handy.

>j-just see a shrink

I have. Many times, I have treatment-resistant depression.
>>
>>29220380
Keep on keeping on, man. Good on you for not being a statistic for the anti's to flaunt.
>>
>>29220380
Even then, I've fully accepted the fact that I'll probably take my own life. I don't want to grow up to be fucking 40, or 60. Feels good to never have kids. Suicide is the ultimate freedom.

I fucking love guns, and a life where you are not allowed to do the things you love is simply not worth living.
>>
>>29220275
Yeah, you're obviously not suicidal. Take it from someone who was actually suicidal and isn't an attention whore on 4chan.
When you're suucidal you do not give a fuck about anything. You just want to stop living, just fucking die.
The fact that you still care enough about a social/political issue like gun rights, so much that it would affect your method if suicide, means you're full of shit.
>>
>>29220508
>a few years back

You're right, I'm not suicidal. I used to be.
>>
>>29220615
I meant to respond to the other guy. Whoops.
>>
>>29220462
Therapy and drugs didn't do shit for me either.

I've accepted that I'll never have kids, be alone and lonely most of the time, and have no real interest in life. But I'm also determined to keep going until I stop being healthy in my old age.

I hope you also continue to keep going anon. I'm not going to say life gets better but it isn't total crap either.
>>
>>29220462
Then maybe don't have kids like many adult couples out there? Or don't get married?
>>
>>29220729
No worries, mate.

Though in that guys defense, he -could- be depressed. Not saying he's not bullshitting, but back when I was close to suicide it's not like all my priorities and interests went out the window, they were just far outweighed by my depression. Shit hits people differently, you know?

Anyway, I stand by my assertion: I think the "super-depressed" would do well not to have ready access to firearms. Even if it's stored at the range, there's not a lot stopping the from picking it up after work and taking it home, yeah? Fix the mental issues first, operate second. Try other hobbies, maybe?
>>
File: 1450633526615.jpg (42 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
1450633526615.jpg
42 KB, 700x477
>>29220802
I'm seconding this >>29220809 anon's opinion. I wouldn't look at not having kids as a negative thing. Shit's pretty cash, figuratively and literally.
>>
File: mclovin.jpg (70 KB, 538x800) Image search: [Google]
mclovin.jpg
70 KB, 538x800
>>29220802
ECT and and OD fried my wife's chances of having a litter. They're better off - she's seriously fucked up
>>
>>29220275
do you have really long arms?
>>
>>29220802
>I hope you also continue to keep going anon

Nah m8. It's as Hunter S Thompson once said. "I'd feel trapped in this world if I knew I couldn't commit suicide."

Seriously. Fuck living to 50
>>
>>29220985
nah, just nice toes ;)

It was an m44, if that helps.
>>
>>29220813

>Even if it's stored at the range, there's not a lot stopping the from picking it up after work and taking it home, yeah?

Well suicide is usually spur of the moment. If somebody is going to spend 30 minutes driving to the range, check out the gun, and drive back home which is another 30 minutes, they would have time to think about what they are going to do. If they still choose to check out after tha, then they should have that freedom imo.
>>
>>29221190
>If they still choose to check out after tha, then they should have that freedom imo.

I agree entirely, no one should be forced to play the game if they don't want to. I also thinks friends should step up as a support structure for the depressed and look out for them, especially when they're not in their right minds. If OP thinks the joy, passion, or interest brought about by shooting outweighs the risks involved in access to a firearm for their friend, maybe that can help them.
>>
>>29219534
Why don't you just hold on to it for him? Win-win as far as I'm concerned
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.