[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's cute but is it worth $5,000?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: img_1873.jpg (228 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
img_1873.jpg
228 KB, 1023x682
It's cute but is it worth $5,000?
>>
no , you can buy 25 sks's with that money
>>
>>29217576
I wouldn't mind at all if this thread just became

An SRS is worth X amount of Y rifle.
>>
>>29217565
Do they have a hydraulic trigger?
>>
>>29217565
maybe, the precision those put out is absolutely fucking amazing to me, I'd get one and put on a kahles K624i and run that thing like a maniac. just gotta load my own .338 lapue or whatever caliber I'd pick, another thing I like is the repeatable zero when changing barrels, so why not 6.5 AND .338 since I can just log the shift between the two. as for SKSbro, sks are shit tier at what this rifle does, and for the prices people want for old milsurp slavshit now, you may as well, and in a few case, can just buy a newer fucking rifle.
>>
>>29217565
>two M6IC
>a scar and an acog
>a M24 clone with optic
>accuracy international mk1
>>
>>29218519
>Implying you can't arm every /k/omando in a 50 mile radius and beat that one overpriced as fuck gun wielded by a mall ninja.
>>
>>29218535
there's like four kommandos within 50 miles of me. including me. I know one of em, he did this to me. he brought me here, we been best friends for seven years, the other two are in the downtown and western area. I don't think I'll need that to beat them, but it would help. I'm just stating the facts. SKS is not a good pick for muh long range shooting. I also understand that you could buy a savage model 20 and put it in a nice macmillan tactical stock with all the adjustable shit for $1000 put on an SWFA SS 10X42 (almost god tier scope at shit tier varmint scope pricing) for $300 and put on a custom barrel for about another $400. but the point is, it's up to you if it's worth it, to me, It's like that, but with multiple guns available and considerably less hassle to mount etc etc tacticool shit to it, like a collumated NV clipon and a bipod, but I digress. you could arm every kommando in 50 miles of me with a wilson combat 1911 for less than $20,000
>>
>>29217565
wouldnt it make more sense to have a forward swept bolt handle? It's so compact i feel like youd have your hand hitting your shoulder just to cycle the action.
>>
>>29218692
At that point, I'd just get a shopping cart full of RIA 1911s and a fuck ton of ball ammo and go handing them out to strangers.
>>
>>29218535
what I would like to know, is how you feel that a man who buys a rifle with some good features and mounts a bipod and quality optic = mall ninja.
>>
>>29218903
Not really. I'm just shitposting.

I'd honestly prefer to have one good 1000 dollar rifle than one great 5000 dollar rifle though. I'd rather have all of that extra money for ammo and accessories.

I don't really judge anyone that would rather buy the more expensive one. I just can't personally convince myself
>>
>>29217565

>But cant you just buy 100 nuggets for that

Oh wait, its 2016, yeah nevermind.
>>
>>29218954
when I was 8 the nuggets were $50, now they want $300 or more, fuck that, for that price I can't actually justify buying it when there are other bolt gun offerings within double digits of that price, and they actually come in calibers that don't start brushfires(even though that's part of the fun, but the other rifles have recoil pads and triggers that don't suck.)
>>
>>29217676
No, but it does have a sprung striker sear transfer bar. The working sear surfaces are up front like the RFB.

>>29218777
It has a telescoped bolt. The bolt handle is attached to the front of the bolt, rather than the rear.
>>29218931
I'm in the same position. A $5000 unitasker is a hard sell. Something I could use as a do-all (and more relevant to the shooting sports that I currently compete in) like their upcoming MDR is much more appealing.
>>
>>29219130
theyre that expensive because faggots like you pander this MUH NUGGET meme and get casuals to believe it
>>
>>29217565
These rifles really come into their own if you are shooting long range with more than one caliber. Rather than spending 1.5k a pop on 3 rifles plus 1k for a decent optic for each, you can buy a 1.2k conversion kit and stick with a single high dollar optic. But if you're not shooting 3+ calibers you won't break even and you will just be paying for bullpup cool factor
>>
>>29217576
>wanting an SKS, ever
Kill yourself.
>>
>>29217565

What is this?
>>
>>29220828
The only good thing bull-pup is used for.
>>
>>29220764
>want=need

Read a book nigger.
>>
>>29220764
Nigger where do you think you are?
>>
>>29220764
>still the cheapest semi-auto centerfire rifle in the u.s.
dont you have an /arg/ to shit up or something?
>>
File: DSC02540.jpg (454 KB, 1659x932) Image search: [Google]
DSC02540.jpg
454 KB, 1659x932
they're pretty tits. the trigger is insane for a bullpup and most rifles even.
>>
>>29220828
DTA SRS
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.