[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone explain to me why promag is shitty? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: promag.jpg (22 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
promag.jpg
22 KB, 480x640
Could someone explain to me why promag is shitty? I've never had a problem with them, even the forty round mag. That monstrosity is just fun to use, can't use the bayonet though.
>>
>>29212802
>I've never had a problem with them

Because some people don't go shooting at a square range and actually put hard use through their guns.

Plus, anyone who isn't a dipshit (unlike you) already has an ak for this
>>
>>29212802
You have soft, feminine hands. I'd make you jerk me off after your promag jams up your gun.
>>
>>29212802

Promag mags are manufactured poorly using shitty materials. If you took that mag apart, you would probably find the that the follower sticks once or twice and that the edges of the feed lips, sides of the follower, etc. are sharp. These are all bad things. All removable SKS mags are shit too.
>>
32 round mag, 14 failure to feeds

Hrmmmm I wonder what's wrong with these mags?
>>
>>29212802
>Duckbill SKS magazine

Thats the main issue there, is that you're using a retarded bubba idea, those detachable duckbill mags for SKSs are really sketchy, I used to have one and had nothing but problems regardless of where the mags came from. I had it, and put a traditional 10 round internal magazine in it.

I have since fired over a thousand rounds, and had no issues whatsoever. I couldn't even go through a 30 round magazine with a duckbill without at least some issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x640
>>29213012
How much do internal magazines go for? I got my two SKS's already Tapco'd, since then I've become one with the bubba.
>>
File: 1456440514437.png (431 KB, 742x540) Image search: [Google]
1456440514437.png
431 KB, 742x540
>>29213076
>>
File: 1455168852611.png (322 KB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
1455168852611.png
322 KB, 540x301
do what you want
but there's just something so disgusting about a plastic banana sticking out of the bottom of a stout wooden stock

even more disgusting is a plastic stock

hearing the sound of pushing 10 rounds off of a stripper clip, nothing better
>>
No issues with my Promag 10rd magazine.

>Inb4 "WHY NOT USE THE STANDARD MAG?"
bought it used, bubba must've thought "DEM TIRTY ROUND MAGAHZEENS ARE THE SHIET" and discarded the old one in favor of a 30 round one that came with the gun when I bought it.
>>
>>29213761
Keep an eye out at pawn shops, I found a chinese 10rd that fit my russian missing its stock mag.
>>
>>29213745
What about the steel thirty round mags that promag sells?
>>
>>29213777
even worse
feed issues like crazy
straight in the trash

again
10 rounds is all you need
>>
>>29213076
there is nothing wrong with this picture. Looks sharp. Increased fun-ctionality. good times.
>>
>>29213793
fucking 10 rounder liberal plants trying to plant thought espionage in my /k/? Get back to your filthy containment states you scum.

You are using soviet era thought warfare. go away.
>>
File: 1448073697140.jpg (63 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
1448073697140.jpg
63 KB, 600x370
>>29213793
I'd rather have 20.
>>
>hand fit 30 round steel mag
>never take it out, use it like original mag
>never have any problems ever
???
>>
>>29212902
You don't use your gun for hard use don't kid yourself lmao
>>
File: hmm.jpg (105 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
105 KB, 600x370
>>29216227
that got me thinking. I do a little metal work, and trying it out by modifying an existing mag with a sheet steel extension, secondary plate system and additional spring..

So...original spring and plate are still there in the mag, but a second plate is placed behind the original spring acting as a new floor for it. Behind that new moving floor is an even stronger spring. Why? Probably because ive never dissected an SKS and am unsure how that angle works. it could be possible its a non point and is not even needed.

Without regard, i move forward, using the bayonette lug to act as a support for this abomination, I now have a high capacity capitalist killer.

Forces of bubba empower me, bring me back to my fudd reality!!!
WE ARE AR
(shameless rip of VR troopers song ensues.)
>>
>>29217113
There's a reason 7.62x39 mags are curved.
It would never work, simply because of the nature of tapered cartridges.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.