[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to get my first rifle. I want something to shoot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 664x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 664x498
I'm going to get my first rifle.

I want something to shoot and am thinking about steel. What does /k/ recommend?
>>
I recommend keeping your trigger finger free
>>
If you've never shot get a .22 of some kind. Learn the barebones basics of shooting. Then move up to something bigger.

Cheap surplus is okay for putzing around, if you're serious look into something like a Savage bolt gun. If you want a semi auto, the default lowest common denominator would be something like an M&P sport AR. Or you can part one together. They're generally cheap.
>>
>>29212706
I am getting a CZ 452
>>
>>29212749
Oh my bad, you literally mean what to get to shoot?

Get one of those hanging gong targets, or just go buy some chain and poles from a hardware store and make one with a steel plate.
>>
1/4" steel plate angled downwards (so the splash and any large fragments hit the ground), is fine for .22LR.

Don't even need to hang it or anything.

Just lean it against a dirt berm; you can use the dirt from the berm to angle it. .22LR won't knock it around if it's about the size of a 15" monitor.
>>
>>29213070
I use a tree stump as a backdrop and there is a hill behind it

Is hanging it angling upward a no no? It would be easier that way for me.
>>
hey, /k/, can you recommend me some short semi-auto rifles? the shorter the better for easier storage
>>
>>29213435
Why are you posting this here?

Get a kel tec sub2k
>>
>>29212648
shootsteel.com
>>
>>29213565
Haha actually just checked that out since I saw that Iraq veteran 8888 uses them. They have some nice looking targets but they are more money than I thought!

I really liked the little pop up varmint target they had in their video.
>>
File: e1Udw2T.jpg (163 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
e1Udw2T.jpg
163 KB, 780x770
Shoot kids at a school.
>>
>>29213338

Angling upwards can send shit into the air. Though it depends on how angled you mean. If it's flat enough to splatter the lead projectile and you do have something to catch the splash off it going up (tree), then it should be fine.

Just make sure the bullet is splattered or caught.
>>
>>29213435

Take down 10/22?

That looks good.
>>
>>29212648
Get a cute bolt action rifle or a 10/22. I'm getting a savage model 11 and 10/22 for my first(s).
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1000x1000
>>29213542
>>
>>29215775
Kel tec is great Nutnfancy says so
>>
>>29212648
http://www.shootsteel.com/
The target packages here are pretty good, if you don't want to spend time building a stand.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.