[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inheritance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So my grandpa died and he had left this......any ideas /k/
>>
>>29209973
no idea, just gonna bump.
>>
You can do three legal things
>destroy it if it's over 410.
>if it's 410, rifle the barrel.
>file it as a normal shotgun that you're sbring and hope you get the tax stamp before the ATF gets to you.
>>
>>29210031
On a scale of 1-10 how fucked am I
>>
>>29210052
If it's over 410, 7/10. If it's 410, about 4/10
>>
>>29210031
Is this illegal??
>>
>>29210065
It's a 410 thank God
>>
You already posted a picture of it on the FBI/ATF honeypot man. It's too late, magnet your hard drive, jump out the window. Run back in and grab the gun, jump through a different window and never return. A;so try to dodge the party van that's no doubt in your driveway as we speak.
>>
>>29210078
Get that shit rifled. Now. Just take the barrel out and take the barrel to the gunsmith and get it rifled.
>>
anyone know wtf Essex gun works is??
>>
>>29210108
I've had the thing for like 3 years now and haven't shot it
>>
OP's pic is an actual factory item, not a homemade sawed-off. Essex was a brand put on cheap shotguns sold at hardware stores in the early part of the 20th century. If the OP's gun is smoothbore it might have been made before the 1934 NFA. I forget what the rules are surrounding guns that predated the change in laws.
>>
Looks like a handygun that someone I may or may not know but definitely isn't me may or may not have.
>>
>>29210117
Think they were based in NH or CT.
>>29210288
Should be C&R, or at best it's 'grandfathered' because made before NFA.
>>
>>29209973
Here.

http://www.fourten.org.uk/mwhandygun.html

Apparently they're very collectible.
>>
>unknown gun
>RIFLE THAT SHIT TO AVOID THE ATF BOOGEYMAN
>no idea if it a valuable collectable

This from the same board that pisses its pants with rage when a tard paints his worthless rifle the colour of cartoon ponies.

Yeah, let's deface a mystery gun because the ATF does random house searches without reason.
>>
>>29210697
It's an old Essex hardware shop single-shot, worth a few hundred dollars. It's possibly not even safe for modern ammunition. The anons saying to rifle it are idiots since it's a pre-NFA weapon and since it was produced like that at the factory would be fine even if it wasn't, but it isn't by any means something of great monetary value.
>>
>>29209973
Asshole
>>
>>29210052
If you don't show the atf, 0/10
>>
>>29211477
This, I'm pretty sure it's legal anyway, but yeah just don't show off your new gun to the authorities and ur good to go mang
>>
They were made with a pistol grip, that means it's classified as 'Any Other Weapon' and is perfectly legal

It's only illegal to saw a shotgun down and saw the stock off. If it comes like that, it's fine.
>>
>>29211499
Also, what's funny is rifling the barrel is what would make it illegal.
>>
>>29210108
Don't listen to this idiot

Don't ruin the gun
>>
>>29211499
This

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_II_weapons#Any_other_weapon
>>
>>29210288
>>29210542

Unregistered AOW if there's no papers. There's only a slim chance that ATF will let you register it so long after the fact if indeed it's unregistered (no grandfathering with the NFA!), and that's with a good lawyer on your side.

Just saying.
>>
What're they gonna do?

Raid him?
>>
>>29211515
No, that would make it a pistol
>>
>>29211360

It's fine for modern ammo.

Only the older doubles with Damascus barrels aren't.
>>
>>29209973
I had the same thing happen with a very similar weapon.

You now possess an unregistered AOW. To continue to possess it legally, remove the barrel and bring it to someone who can rifle it. To avoid the potential (you never really know with ATF fuckery) destroy it or throw it in a river.

EVEN IF it would have collectible value as a registered weapon, it has no value as an unregistered and unregisterable AOW.
>>
>>29212375

What's it like handing in illegal weapons in the US?

Can't you just tell the po po it was left to you and no one was privy to the knowledge that it's illegal? Surely they wouldn't fuck you over for that.

I've known of people handing in semi-auto rifles here when their dad has died (Oz; semi rifles are a no no for most people), and the police just took it from them with no fuss.
>>
>>29209973
Okay there is a lot of horseshit in this threat so lets get something straight.

>That gun is totally over 26" and that barrel is almost certainly 18"
>if the barrel isn't 18", the fact that it has a clearly factory made pistol grip (which indicates it likely came without a stock) tells you that it is a "FIREARM." A smoothbore gun without a stock and over 26" is a "FIREARM" not an AOW like that other faggot said.
>Even if it was illegal, nobody would ever know if you shut your damn mouth so delete the thread and keep it

Have you even measured the gun yet? Just do it and don't post the results here unless it comes in at 26" OAL.
>>
>>29210288
>>29210542
>>29211731
>>29212375

You don't know it's a fucking AOW until it comes short of 26"

If it is above 26" in over all length, it is a "Firearm" and not an NFA item.

Quit trying to get faggot OP to destroy a dead relative's gun
>>
>>29209973
Looks like one of those thompson center guns I used to own one. Not illegal in az.
>>
>>29209973
armed robbery.
>>
>>29211499
What the fuck am i reading
You realize AOW and SBS are legally equivalent right
>>
>>29209973
Don't listen to these fags op. If it was true inheritance. Give it to your own son or daughter.
>>
File: 1415281038513.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1415281038513.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>29210031
>>29210052
>>29210067
kinda depends on where you live.

you can get a licence for heirlooms/weapons of affectionate value/etc. in certain places.

How can you not know this, /k/?
>>
>>29209973
I sure hope you don't have any dogs...
>>
Transferring an AOW is what like $5?

An SBR or some shit has like a $200 transfer, but an AOW is like nothing right?

Even if it is unregistered he can transfer it, because his grandfather bought it legally, and owned it legally unregistered right?
>>
>>29209973
OP, do us a favor and measure the barrel and gun. If the barrel is over 18 inches, and the total length is over 26 inches, it's a normal firearm and you don't need to do anything. All the people above me are retards. As to what type of gun this is, it looks like an old Essex gun works shotgun.
>>
>>29217606
Shut the fuck up, retard.
>>
>>29217826
It's fucking $5.

He can fix this shit for the price of a cheeseburger
>>
File: 1453071706904.png (8 KB, 157x153) Image search: [Google]
1453071706904.png
8 KB, 157x153
>>29210697
ATF identified
>>
Measure it before you listen to any of these try hard know it all faggots
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.