[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCing a full sized handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: XD9 FULL FRAME.jpg (100 KB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
XD9 FULL FRAME.jpg
100 KB, 800x616
So /k/, I have been looking into getting my CC permit but was having worries about how I'mm actually go about doing it.

The only handgun I own is a fullsized Springfield XD 9mm. How uncomfortable is it to iwb carry something of that size? Is it worth it to buy something lime a Shield that's so much smaller? When I open carry, I just use a belt holster at 3 o clock, so I figured for cc I'd do the same position, just iwb. Good idea or no?

>Inb4 lol9mm

To keep general conversationmoving, what do you carry and how?
>>
>>29207359
Im a 5.10 Auschwitz reinactor And I CCa CZ-52 IWB at about 11 O'clock.

Due to my super skinny frame, it is a challenge to CC things IWB without Exaggerated printing. and it is impossible to do so on my hip.

For example, in the same position, my CZ-52 prints LESS than my G19 due to it being thinner. it is significantly longer however, so on occasion it is uncomfortable to have a CZ-52 jabbing just above your groin when you bend over.
>>
>>29207359

OP, you want something like an alien gear holster, worn at 5:30, I carry both an XDS45 and XD and they both disappear under a decent shirt. Wearing it in an area like 3 o'clock will make you print like a motherfucker. Alien gear holsters are pretty decent, and run about 30 bucks, perfect for the poorfag on a budget. Don't ever wear a 'soft' cc holster, they will make you ND into your leg and die a stupid, stupid death.
>>
>>29207359
I carry a Canik TP9SA in a kydex AIWB holster. I'm not a big guy and it disappears effortlessly. Keep in mind, a good belt is necessary for full size concealment as well as dressing around your gun.
>>
>>29207359
You'll get conflicting advice if you ask a question that broad here. The reason is that not everyone carries regularly, and of the people who carry regularly, some live in colder climates, or in more/less gun-friendly states.

The key elements of your answer should be obvious to you.
>1. A larger gun will be relatively harder to conceal than a smaller gun.
>2. A heavier gun will be relatively less comfortable than a lighter gun.
You just don't know "how much" of each of those answers, relative from one gun to another. Ask around anywhere that you find gun people. I bet most of them will brag about carrying a big gun, but when you actually do a gear check on them randomly sometime, you'll find that they're only carrying their Ruger LCP. There's a reason for this.
>>
>>29207434
So is all the negative shit I read about alien gear on here just /k/ being contrarian? It seems like carrying all the way at 5:30 would make it uncomfortable to sit down
>>
File: IMAG0649.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0649.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>29207845
I have one and I like it, not sure why they get so much hate
>>
>>29207845
Not him, but the reason Alien Gear got popular is because they did exactly what Crossbreed did, a little better (not much better, but they did have a better tensioning system), for less than half the price, and delivered in a small fraction of the time. This company was getting started up when Christbreed's wait period was in the 9 month to 1.5 year range. AG could deliver a slightly better product in under 2 weeks.

As for whether this style of holster is "good," I am not personally a fan. As you note, carrying at 4:30-5:30 isn't so great, and carrying at 3:00 is downright problematic. It's probably the least concealable method of inside the waistband carry that I am aware of, partly due to the inflexible plastic shell and partly due to the positioning so far back behind your side. Also, it tends to wear your gun's finish unevenly, with most of the holster wear showing up on the side that touches the plastic only.
>>
>>29207977
So should I just give up hope on carry at 3 o clock or is it just a matter of the type of holster. Im not skinny enough for everything g to print but Im also not fat enough to keep the gun under a roll of fat Lola.The only thing Im completely opposed to would be one of those >clips you can mount to your slide like on the handle of a folding knife
>>
File: multiholsters.jpg (12 KB, 294x437) Image search: [Google]
multiholsters.jpg
12 KB, 294x437
>>29208032
I use a holster like this to carry at 3:00, but there are a few other options. The key is to get something that doesn't have a front strut, since that's the part that jams into the top of your thigh when you go to sit down.
>>
>>29208065
Explain to me what exactly a "front strut" is like I'm a 6 year old with downs syndrome
>>
File: IMAG1663.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1663.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>29207359
Shoulder holster awesomeness is where it's at.
>>
>>29208225
some of us dont wear a suit jacket everywhere or a coat when its 100 degrees out.
>>
File: 1457561062294.jpg (369 KB, 1359x1157) Image search: [Google]
1457561062294.jpg
369 KB, 1359x1157
>>29208211
>>
>>29208235
I appreciate that. Excuse the retardation.

>>29208225
Even though I nnormally wear a jacket, I keep it unzipped and loose for the most part. As much as I'd like to live out my 80s action movie fantasies, that just seems counter intuitive
>>
>>29208235
Ayy, someone used my pic
>>
>>29208231
Yeah, can't rock one when it's that hot outside.
>>29208292
It can still be concealed when the jacket is loose.
>>
>>29207359
I cc a full size m&p. I'm 6' and 225lbs so it's really not that noticeable unless wearing super tight pants/shirt
>>
>>29207359
The way I see it IWB meant for full size pistols, since smaller guns can easily be concealed OWB with an untucked shirt. I carry a 1911 at 4:00 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur, which I bought back before those alien holsters came out.

Just stick the damn thing in your pants and then imagine how it would feel with the weight spread out across six inches. A stiff gun belt is key.
>>
>>29207359

Carrying is going to be somewhat uncomfortable regardless of how you do it. If you live in an area that has hot summers you should buy a smaller gun to carry. Save the fullsize XD for sweat shirt and jacket season.

I'm 6'0 185lb (muscular build - wide shoulders and slimmer waist), and carry a shield most of the time. I carry it in an IWB hybrd holster at 4:00-4:30 position with a 45 degree cant and it disappears under a regular sized tshirt.

My CZ P-01, on the other hand, is a little harder to conceal, so it doesn't see as much sunlight. I still like to carry it in the winter or if i'm going somewhere out of my comfort zone.

Basically, buy a smaller gun for pocket carry or IWB summer carry. It is nice to have options.
>>
>>29207359
Carry at 8 o' clock, IWB, with your shirt tucked behind it and start wearing button-up overshirts half a size too large.
>>
>>29208974
Sorry, 4 o' clock. Lefthanded fag.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.