[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hunting thread? some faggot fox has been killing my chickens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Red-Fox[1].jpg (37 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
Red-Fox[1].jpg
37 KB, 400x273
hunting thread?

some faggot fox has been killing my chickens and I'm trying to figure out how to kill it. I've been considering two strategies. First is to try and trap it alive in one of those box traps (like havahart or whatever), have to use a live trap because we have cats and other small animals wandering around the yard. Anyone have any experience trapping foxes with those? Main drawback to this is the price, the trap would probably cost about $100

The second option is to shoot the fox, which would be more challenging. They mainly come out at night, and there's no guarantee I'll see it.

What are your strategies for shooting foxes?
>>
>>29204635
As you mentioned, foxes are nocturnal so you'll only see it if your lucky or dedicated to staying up late with a red-lens spotlight.

The livetrap baited with a can of cat food will catch it, along with all kinds of other varmints. Make sure you get a decent sized box trap in case you catch something you aren't planning on. Caught my cocker spaniel one time. Poor girl was in there half the night.
>>
>>29204687
any tips on how to set up the trap? should I try to disguise it so it looks less obvious?
>>
>>29204792
No. You can leave it out in the open in your front yard and still catch stuff. Critters don't care, they are all gibsmedats cat food and walk right in.
>>
>>29204792
I've caught possums, coons and cats in one. Never camouflaged it, as the other anon said, use catfood or I've had good results with sardines.
>>
use the havaheart cage and then shoot it from behind the ear
>>
>>29204635
Foxes are adorable man. Catch em live and you can sell him the same price as the chickens you lost.

You might find yourself entertained by him while waiting for a buyer too.
>>
File: PUNJI PIT.jpg (5 KB, 167x126) Image search: [Google]
PUNJI PIT.jpg
5 KB, 167x126
Find it's tracks. Find out where it travels.

Snare traps are dirt cheap. Leave tons of snare traps. Deadfall traps are also cheap. Traps like this meant for foxes shouldn't be dangerous to adults.

You can also make a punji pit with downward facing spikes to trap it's legs. It would have to be a small pit because foxes have small legs, but if you make it the right size it'd fuck it up and probably not be a danger to humans because the hole would be so small.

Or, you could just... You know, find its tracks, climb a tree, and fucking wait there with a ranged weapon. You'd probably spend less than 6 hours waiting if you find where it frequents and leave out bait. Like, bring your loudest chicken and tie it on the path.

Or you could construct a labyrinth of traps that would take even longer.
>>
Don't kill him OP, trap him and then tame him and you'll have your very own fox buddy. They have the grace and balance of cats with the temperament of dogs. He's not trying to cause you hardship, just doing what he's doing to survive.
>>
Or you could get a few man points and catch it with your bare hands.

http://youtu.be/UL38nvuKazM

Getting bitten is a certainty though, and even though they won't break bones unless it's fingers, getting bitten isn't fun.
>>
>>29204635
Capture it alive then tame it into being your own sex pet, foxes are notorious sluts
>>
>>29204635
>think local fox has been killing chickens
>dogs freaking shit one night
>timetokill.webm
>grab AR and go out to coop
>shine light
>looks like a giant brown ferret, but it's too small to be a fisher, maybe a young one, who knows never did find out
>you're going to die motherfucker
>aim
>shoot
>miss
>lolwhat
>aim
>shoot
>miss
>slightlybutthurt
>realize later I was an inch low because ARs retarded height over bore
>>
>>29204907
Fucking Steve Irwin 2.0
>>
>>29204874
>>29204899
>>29204916
as much as I'd like to have a pet fox, I doubt I could teach a wild one to coexist with my chickens. Or even a domesticated one, for that matter
>>
>>29205049
You could keep him inside or design a better coop homie. I'm just saying, I know you have to protect your chickens but ending life is terrible, no matter how big or small
>>
>>29204907
>2:00
>climbing into fox den head-first
he's just asking to lose his face, jesus christ
>>
File: IMG_20151010_085704.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151010_085704.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Hunting thread?
>>
>>29204916
>>29205049
you must breed it and make foxgirls
>>
>>29205062
exactly what I thought
>>
>>29205062

Not really, small animals will usually just freak out and make noise at you until you try to get them if they are cornered.

One time I went into my old shed to smoke when it was dark and when I struck my lighter it illuminated a possum face staring at me.

It freaked me the fuck out.
>>
>>29205057
I live on a farm and the chickens roam around the yard in front of our house, the only option there would be to fence in part of the yard and restrict the chickens' movement, which would suck for them
>>
Train your chickens to fight. Or find a hen with spurs and breed her, and then all your chickens will be able to fuck up foxes.
>>
>>29205049
Capture it alive then sell him to Ebay or something. There's no shortage of people who does not know what the term "wild animal" means
>>
>>29204907
I have a man crush on this gentleman.
>>
>>29204934
>not just firing from the hip at distances of less than 10 feet
>>
File: kill.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
hope you all die , faggots
>>
File: 1ptmale.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1ptmale.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1080
>>29205269
Why? You an animal humper? Cant stand seeing animals die cause its hurts your little womanly feelings?

Whats it like to have a vagina?
>>
>>29205321
>I'm going to fight the hippies by being an edgy faggot

Not even that guy but damn I hate you people
>>
>>29205367
Its not a matter of being edgy. Its a matter of being tired of hearing the main argument against hunting being "but my feeeeelings hurt for the poor little cutie patootie animals".
>>
>>29205367
>killing pest animals
>edgy
>>
>>29205445
>>29205465
never said killing them was edgy
the post was in the vein of the type of guy who then puts the fucking thing in a wood chipper and goes "haha you're such a bitch for not liking this"
>>
>>29205321

Shit man I love foxy furry bitches but I don't give two shits about culling wild foxes/coyotes. A fox ever, god forbid, kills my kitty and I am going to go out and kill as many as I can find.
>>
>>29205483
>muh toxic masculinity
Well I guess I am on 4chan so theres that.

>>29205487
Agree. Love animals but nothing wrong with lawful hunting.
>>
>>29205483
Killing them is one thing. Making them suffer is something altogether different.
>>
File: warrior-duck.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
warrior-duck.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>29204635
You're going to laugh but the best solution I have found to fox bothering the chickens was to get rid of the chickens.

Replaced em with Ducks. Better meat, better eggs, and the couple times a fox got close to those ducks they ganged up and really traumautized the fox. He didn't even come back for the fur he left behind.
>>
>>29205497
>>29205498
I agree, but there's too many edgelords who light dogs on fire in the middle of busy streets, so I was preventing a clusterfuck

My bad
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29205068
>>
Capture the fox and sell it to some furries, you'll make your money back and you'll be satisfied with the knowledge that your mortal enemy is gonna get raped for the rest of it's miserable life.
>>
>>29204891
Nam is over, anon. You need to move on...
>>
>>29205269
It must be a hard life, being a weepy limp-wristed faggot
>>
Do an all nighter in a sniper hide over watching your chicken pen.

It's fun.

Plug it with a .223 or similar (high velocity .22, or even .17; centerfire) in the chest when it comes around.

Traps work better with the cat food, but it's not as fun.

I plug them and feral cats with a .22-250 from my bedroom window. :) It overlooks the pen and property.
>>
>>29205546
>>>/out/ with the rest of the hippies, neega
>>
>Muh anniemalls dont em REEEEEEEE
Jesus, Day/k/are...
>>
>>29205848
NO!!!
>>
>>29206030

Shit, critters eating your little chicks is fucking worst than war in the feelz.
>>
>>29204635
Trick him into think you'll be friends with him and then humiliate him by putting a muzzle on him. That'll teach that predator fuck.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.