[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
H-hold me /k/....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1451376728331.jpg (59 KB, 645x900) Image search: [Google]
1451376728331.jpg
59 KB, 645x900
I found out I'm c-cross eyed dominant...
>mfw I may need to shoot with my left hand..
>>
Shoot with your non dominant eye, instead
>>
File: trippin.jpg (44 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
trippin.jpg
44 KB, 720x404
It's really not that big a problem. I got it too. AND astigmatism.
>>
>>29203321
> Dominant eye

lol wat? both my eyes see everything at the same time...
>>
>>29203335
not op but how does Astigmatism affect shooting?
>>
>>29203321
I'm missing an eye, cry me a river.
>>
File: Tg-saa-rooster-3.jpg (332 KB, 1280x542) Image search: [Google]
Tg-saa-rooster-3.jpg
332 KB, 1280x542
>>29203347
>>
>>29203321
Just close your other eye then
>>
>>29203342
It can make using optics suck.
>>
>>29203342
I have it as well and it ruins all red dot sights, astigmatism affects the way we see the dot turning it into a halo, or oval, or shooting star. I've tried a few different brands but they always look like red streaks to me. I have to use prism sights or irons
>>
>>29203321
Just use a fucking optic
>>
I guess this is an "eye" thread.
As someone who can't recognize faces that are 5 meters away (really nearsighted)
How fucked am I tactically?
>>
File: NUCLEAR.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
NUCLEAR.png
2 MB, 1280x960
>>29203347
Do you look like big boss?

if no, why not?
>>
>>29203381
I'm the same way, they make glasses for that. You oughtta get some. Other than that, uniforms would be useful I guess?
>>
How the fuck do you just find out your cross eyed?
>>
>>29203381
That depends on your opinion of collateral damage
>>
File: i must kill.jpg (250 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
i must kill.jpg
250 KB, 640x960
>>29203321
yo man, it isn't as bad as you think.
shoot with both eyes open, you can shift focus relatively quickly when aiming down the sights.
I'm right handed and right eye dominant, but when I practice left hand shooting for reasons I obviously have to use the non-dom eye. It takes a bit of practice but its nothing to really shed tears over.

keep happy and gunnin
>>
>>29203408
Op typed that like a tard, he means he's left or right handed, but his dominant eye is the opposite
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (438 KB, 1660x934) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
438 KB, 1660x934
>>29203414
Oh so hes a liberal?
>>
>>29203371
Can it affect pistol shooting? I dont use red dots so I've never noticed.

I've been trying to practice pistol shooting more since I've gotten over cancer. I've been working out and lifting weights to strengthen my arms to reduces shaky hands/grip, but I still just kidnda suck at 10m. :\
>>
>>29203435
Maybe, there are 3 different types. Whatever I got doesn't affect my handgun shooting.
>>
>>29203321
No you fucking don't. This shit needs to die. RH/LE dominant here, and I shoot right handed just fun, with both eyes open no less.
>>
You could just not aim with the sight like those isis shitters.
>>
>>29203435
Nah not really, it's only certain types of dots that it gets noticeable. It's a pretty common thing in the shooting community so it doesn't really stop anyone. Good luck getting back into shape buddy
>>
>>29203371
my cousin has a Sparc that was made for astigmatism
>>
RH/LE here, I can still shoot rifles fine, and im also ambidextrous with pistols. Not too bad actually.
>>
>>29203321
close both eyes and flip the fun switch
>>
File: Putin-gun-610x400[1].jpg (45 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
Putin-gun-610x400[1].jpg
45 KB, 610x400
>>29203321
is not problem.
play with cards dealed fag.
>>
>>29203371
This.

>I can only use old school scopes or open sights
The rear sight on my AR is kind of oval shaped fuzzy and difficult to aim with. I prefer AK style sights now. It's the only reason I bought one. My AR now has a scope.

Fuck the world seriously.
>>
>>29203455
Thanks man. I was pretty lucky thats the chemo actually made me hungry after treatment. So it just easy does it to lose weight. Already down 15lbs in 5 weeks. Which is great for me as I've strengthen my heart a bit too.
>>
>>29203321
I can shoot both handed, it is a skill not that hard to know.
>>
>tfw can see equally out of both eyes
>tfw people had me do the thumb test and it is merely a matter of preference which of the two objects I cover
>tfw astigmatism but can still use red dots fine because I wear glasses like a normal genetic degenerate should
>>
>>29203342
I've got astigmatism, and I have real issues using scopes and similar optics (haven't tried red dots or reflex sights tho).

Also I can't watch 3D movies without suffering a severe, tingling eye-strain, very hard to focus my vision (this is with my glasses), so I hate 3D movies.
>>
>>29203371
Have you tried focusing on the target and not the dot? I'll see a red streak if I focus on the dot and not the target.
>>
File: 1451586793866.jpg (173 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1451586793866.jpg
173 KB, 1280x960
>>29203321
it's not a problem if you know how to address it

For red dots just keep the front lens covered. Your brain will merge the two images and you will still see the dot and be on target.

For scopes just buy two of those offset flashlight picatinny mounts and mount your scope off to the left side of the barrel. You will only have to zero your rifle to always be an inch to the left to avoid parallax. Shoulder as normal and use your left eye to look through the scope. You are now capable of that with this setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Picatinni-Picatinny-Offset-Flashlight-Mount/dp/B015ZP9NN4

I found reliable methods to deal with this issue that fixed it perfectly for me. Try them.
>>
>>29203371
This. When I don't wear my glasses I see a dash instead of a dot.

>>29204410
2hen was your last eye appointment? You might need a new prescription, as your glasses hold be correcting your astigmatism enough to not have so many issues.
>>
Left eye dominant. My only complaint is that I had to buy an ambi safety and my AR occasionally spits hot brass in the crook of my right arm.

Genuine question for those who have eye issues with a red dot: I recommend a variable powered optic.

I don't notice any issues when I shoot without eye glasses, an etched reticle at 1x isn't much slower than a red dot, and I don't have to worry about needing buis if my battery goes dead.
>>
>>29204410
>Havent tried red dots

They'll be a giant blob
>>
>>29204461
>When was your last eye appointment?
>You might need a new prescription, as your glasses hold be correcting your astigmatism enough to not have so many issues.
Might be about time, but even with correct prescription glasses, I've had issues with optics and 3D films.

>>29204518
Fuck.
What about reflex sights?
>>
I still don't even know what my dominance is
>Lefty forced right handed
>Astigmatism
>Shoot right-handed and with my right eye
>Tried the pointing test and the test where you pull your arms back towards you to check for dominance
>For both of those tests my double vision just gets so bad I can't tell which eye is dominant at all
>I can throw a soda can in the air and blast it with a .22 pistol, but at 25 yards with a 3-12x scope on my AR my groupings are about 6"
>At 75 yards trying to shoot consistently is an absolute joke
fug
>>
>>29203321
Close one eye you stupid fuck,I'm cross dominant and I shoot with my dominant hand
>>
>>29203321
/r/ing the buttstock-to-nose shooting nigger gif, as it's relevant to the topic
>>
>Tfw you shoot like shit with your glasses on
>Tfw your vision has been consistently getting worse
What do I do?
>>
>>29204643
Laser eye surgery

>>29203321
I have horrific astigmatism. Been sitting on a computer for my entire life because home schooled on computer and then college is roughly 90% on the computer. Has made me extremely nearsighted.
>>
Start training your other eye. I used to be cross dominant, but I managed to train to ambi eye.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.