[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the state of Iowa in the USA do I need a permit of any kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: images-4.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
In the state of Iowa in the USA do I need a permit of any kind to purchase assault weapons? I'm interested in purchasing an AKM as my first semi automatic weapon, I've only ever owned bolt action rifles. I googled and it said no permit required yet when I tried to purchase the store turned me down before so much as a background check and I'm of legal age. Could it have been the individual store needed a permit? Thanks
>>
>>29199729

It's an assault weapon you stupid piece of shit.
>>
do you look like a cunt?
store owners can chose not to do business with people
>>
>>29199729
B8 or new? You don't need any permit to but a semi auto AK or any semi auto rifle above 16 inch barrel length. Full Automatic guns (NFA, if you don't know what that is sincerely go Google shit). Also, Google the definition of "Assault weapon" and stop appearing like little shit that desires to be smacked.
>>
>>29199729
Is there an Iowa outside of the USA?
>>
>>29199800
Theres an iowa in kancolle
>>
>>29199784
New, but I was told at one store I needed a concealed carry even though its full length. Ill take your word on it though and just go to the other shop, this one was just better condition
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-08-22-09-10.png (398 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-08-22-09-10.png
398 KB, 720x1280
Idk why I'm getting shit for using the term assault weapon its accurate
>>
>>29200989

No it isn't.
>>
>>29200989
To everyone else it's just a "rifle" "carbine" "modern sporting rifle" "firearm" or more specifically "AR" "AR pattern/type" "AK pattern/type" and so forth.
>>
>>29199729
Jesus Christ those questions. Lurk moar fgt
>>
>>29201033
Recognize the dubs. Anyway, is an AKM a good starter semi automatic rifle? I don't have the 1200+ for an AR15 but found an AKM for 500
>>
>>29201127
ar15 can be cheaper than that and your 500 akm is probably a piece of shit io

learn the actual name of what you want to buy
>>
>>29201166
Warsaw 10, Romanian Army Surplus I believe
>>
>>29200971
I've met places like that, it is up to the private business if they wanna sell without a ccw permit. 712? I ended up buying my WASR in SSC Nebraska. You don't need a license to own a rifle or shotgun in IA.
>>
>>29201226
Those are fine. I kinda regret not saving the extra 400 for an SLR with a folding stock but my WASR does what I want it to. Just make sure to buy a recent production one.
>>
>>29200989
No, it isn't. You can take two Ruger Mini-14s, dress one in black and the other in wood, and the anti-funs will call the black one an assault weapon when it's functionally identical to the wood one.

There is no functional difference between the two, but one will be labeled an assault rifle while the other isnt.
>>
>>29200989
It's okay. Some people here still don't know that AR stands for assault rifle.
>>
>>29200989
>>29199729
Kill yourself
>>
>>29201226
>Romanian Army Surplus
"no"
>>
>>29199729
Hey dumbass. I'm from southeast iowa. U don't need anything special to get a "long rifle" just need to be 18 years old and not a felon. Not being a nigger also helps.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.