[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal full auto burst gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: gatcrank15-660x371.jpg (26 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
gatcrank15-660x371.jpg
26 KB, 660x371
So I saw on the internet gattling attachments for ar15. Those little buggers shoot pretty damn fast. I had this idea of make a rack and pinion shotgun slide that would power one of those to slap the trigger like 30 times everytime you rack back the slide. Would this be legal?
>>
>>29191647
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>29191647
>literally thinking of ways to make bullets spray out of a firearm in almost random directions
>>
>>29191656
Fuck this guy I like the idea.
>>
It would pretty much just be replacing that little handle with a rack a pinion so you slam it back and shoot out like a full magazine in a matter of like 2 seconds.
>>
>>29191703
You should try to get Kel-Tec to sell it, so when people blow their hands off they can have a class action.
>>
Even better would be a lawn mower rip cord that you yank on to release a stream of bullets tearing into your enemy.
>>
>>29191647
why hasnt someone made one of these that works with a little electric motor so you can just push and hold a button that doesnt require an awkward grip/crank ?

is making them electric e-legal?
>>
>>29191740
or a robot with AI targeting system and guns for arms that runs on a gas 2 stroke, so you can just yank on the cord and start that instead
>>
>>29191756
one actuation (in that case pressing the button) making multiple bulelts come out teh end of a gun is call manufactouring a machiengun, the ATF does not look kindly upon it.
>>
>>29191756
Yes, electric is illigal because it it the only way to make a system that fires controllably at a steady rate and won't out trigger the rate of fire.

Yes you can pull the trigger to fast and cause failures to fire.

There is that new dual trigger drop in kit that fires a round when you pull the trigger and again when you release it. Probably the best of anything like this I've seen but can easily out pace the cyclical rate if the ar.
>>
>>29191765
no, it's still actuating the trigger each time like a gattling gun, but a motor is running the lever instead of you cranking it. there's a difference
>>
>>29191817
No there isn't.
The ATF already ruled on it.
>>
>>29191822
>>29191822
https://www.atf.gov/file/83561/download

ATF explains why a mini gun with electric motor is a machinegun and a hand crank gatlingun isnt

>Held, the 7.62mm Minigun is designed to shoot automatically more than one shot, without
manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

their entire premise is that a minigun was designed from the ground up to be a machinegun.

an ar15 is a semi automatic weapon and designed from ground up to be semi automatic. you are attaching a device to the trigger, which actuates the trigger for every shot fired. now what if you made it so you push a button and it spins the crank to pull the trigger, but not reset, and when you let go of the button, the motor completes the crank rotation, letting the trigger reset and pulling it again before stopping. so basically you can just tap and let go of a button, say mounted to the front of your triggerguard, as fast as you can?

anyone else want to check out the legalities and possibly start a business here?
>>
>>29191885
thus basically doubling the speed that you can pull the trigger. similar to the drop in trigger group that fires a round on pull and release
>>
>>29191647
OP I fucking love this idea. Shouldn't be too difficult with the state of 3D printing today. If you make it glide on oiled rails or something I can see it being very solid and retaining some semblance of accuracy.

Make it happen anon. You have my bow.
>>
>>29191647
it would be legal because you are manually reloading the shotgun with a pump. shooting without manual reloading is a critical definition in ATFs determination of machiengune
>>
>>29191885
>he doesn't know about the shoelace machine gun
>>
>>29191680
I'm not seeing the problem here
>>
File: String = machine gun.jpg (49 KB, 800x1035) Image search: [Google]
String = machine gun.jpg
49 KB, 800x1035
>>29191885
>their entire premise is that a minigun was designed from the ground up to be a machinegun.
No, it isn't.
>"The National Firearms Act defines "machinegun" as "any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."
>anyone else want to check out the legalities
It's an illegal modification. ATF is as clear as they ever are about that.
>>
File: IMAG1004.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1004.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
Just buy a FA FCG at a gunshow tryhard faggot
>>
>>29191647
Been wondering this myself for a bit. The problems are matching the cycle speed and one pull of the slide is one action does that count like pushing a button?

More better would be a bullpup like conversion for the left hand while leaving the standard trigger alone.
Have the crank tuck in like an emergency light.
Use the gun like normal till you want to "crank it up".
>>
>>29191964
What in the fuck....

I did not know you could sell that
>>
>>29192123
It's legal until you still the third hole.

It doesn't do shit until then
>>
>>29192137
I have an AR, no intent of a third hole (nor any idea what specific location or size of the damn thing), and I was always worried that it counted for "constructive intent".
>>
>>29192184
*possession of those LPKs counting as constructive intent
>>
>>29192184
>>29192221
if you're getting raided already you have bigger problems. they aren't going to raid your house for some misdemeanors. they're raiding you because you've done some felony fun and they've stacked up enough info that they think they can nail you
>>
>these have been around since the 80s
>one youtuber makes a video and everyone creams their pants over them

I fucking hate the gun community
>>
>>29192280
So...
I'm reading either
>don't do it unless you've done nothing else and pay cash only, and nothing will come of it because they have bigger fish to fry
Or
>well, you seem like you already don't give a shit, so you might as well
>>
>>29191964
>$130

what a fucking joke
>>
>>29191723
i dont get why everyone hates kel-tec
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 256x197
>>29191934
And my axe!
>>
>>29191964
Don't forget to add the price of replacing your dog after he gets shot.
>>
>>29191647
the problem with this is that you can crank faster than the gun can cycle and the hammer will follow the bolt down, meaning you will have to charge it again to get it to shoot. The Franklin Armory BFS has the same problem.
>>
>>29191740
Add the chainsaw grip and you're in business
>>
File: DSC_0106.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0106.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>29191647
The legality of it is as long as no energy is stored to fire the gun without the aid of the operator it should be legal. My idea is have a picatinnay attachment that acts as a rail for a fore grip to be attached to and slide on. That "sled" will have a string connected to it that is then connected to a spool and cam. You push ,or if a pully is added you can pull, the sled and this will turn the cam to acuate the trigger. This would be 100% legal and no different than a slide fire stock.
>>
>>29194691
So you jerk off the gun to fire
>>
>>29191647
>make system where you have to "pump" the gun thirty times before it can fire once
>pull trigger and it fires 30 times in a row
Guyz?
>>
>>29194758
In a long single stroke.
>>
>>29194778
Design it for a three round burst not the whole mag.
>>
>>29194918
I like it. Maybe sometime this afternoon i will get some CAD drawings done. Might be able to 3D print some of the parts if it rains tomorrow.
>>
>>29195062
Incoming "do you think Kel tec will build this thread"
>>
>>29191885
Electric triggers can be done legally and more efficiently than that. They are already sold.

>>29194767
That has been specifically asked of the ATF, and they said no. Pulling the trigger once is still pulling the trigger once.
>>
File: 1446140013425.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446140013425.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
>>
>>29196501
How would you stop shooting?
>>
>>29196812
Stop pulling the string?
>>
>>29196817
Wouldn't the bolt going forward pull the trigger?
>>
>>29196904
No. You pull the ring which pulls the trigger when the bolt is home. When you slacken the ring, it stops firing.
>>
All retardation aside, if smart gun tech is rammed down our throat if electronic triggers are implemented making a gun full auto would be much easier.
>>
File: brokenrll5[1].jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
brokenrll5[1].jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>29191964
don't buy one of these. get a bottle opener and pretend not to own one

or bump fire?
>>
>>29196916
Very cool. You're pretty smart if you thought it up yourself.
>>
>>29196501
wait is that shoestring registered? lol
>>
>>29191647
>>29191740
>>29191756
>>29191763
>>29191817
>>29194767
>I had this idea of make a rack and pinion shotgun slide that would power one of those to slap the trigger like 30 times everytime you rack back the slide. Would this be legal?
ILLEGAL MANUFACTURE AND POSSESSION OF A MACHINE GUN
>Even better would be a lawn mower rip cord that you yank on
>one of these that works with a little electric motor so you can just push and hold a button
>make system where you have to "pump" the gun thirty times before it can fire once
>electric trigger where you hold in a button and a robotic mechanism pulls the trigger multiple times
>>29191656
THERE YOU GO
>>
>>29191788

I would like the name of this trigger, I kind of want one now
>>
>>29198451
Yes.

The shoestring is the registered machine gun.

If a part is made that converts a weapon into a machine gun, that part is registered, not the weapon it's on.

That shoestring has a serial on it.
>>
>>29198669
http://www.franklinarmory.com
>>
>>29198583
Ehh. Some of those seem ok.

Like the rip cord one. He is moving the rope.
>>
>>29200830

Specifically here

http://www.franklinarmory.com/PRODUCTS_BFS_BILLET_BLR.html
>>
>>29197614
Explain please?
>>
File: 1347493538064.png (473 KB, 501x490) Image search: [Google]
1347493538064.png
473 KB, 501x490
>>29198583
>>make system where you have to "pump" the gun thirty times before it can fire onceILLEGAL >MANUFACTURE AND POSSESSION OF A MACHINE GUN
wut?
>>
File: Basic Design.png (299 KB, 1008x2484) Image search: [Google]
Basic Design.png
299 KB, 1008x2484
>>29195062
I got the general idea of how to do this completed. I haven't done the fine tuned math for the power spring dimensions (shown white in picture) or the engage spring (shown yellow in picture). But everything else has its basic form and dimension to work with the rifle. The slide rail attachment is not done but is easy compared to this part of the design. But in essence this device will work like the rip cord on a lawn mower. It should be a 3" push (from the perspective of the shooter) to pull the string and turn the cam (milky white). There are notches on the pulley (purple) and the cam engager (orange) that allow the cam to turn in one direction but the pulley can move back and forth while using the power spring to keep tension on the string when returning to the rest position. The yellow spring keeps the pulley in contact with cam engager. The cam engager and cam have recesses to fit the large bolt head (black) and large nut (grey) so that they turn together without extra parts. The red and green parts keep the device together in the trigger guard while the small bolt and nut (textured grey and gold) make it a snug fit. These plates should fit most ARs (only had 3 to measure from) and can be reversed to fit the other side if desired. With such a small power spring, I think this device will be limited to 3 rnd bursts anyway.
> I am not going to answer any question about this. I am going to bed.
>>29195434
Do you think Kel Tec will build this?
>>
>>29202804
Yes, dumbass, because when you release the mechanism, that's firing multiple cartridges with one action of the trigger.
>>
>>29200945

Type "Lightning Link" into google.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.