[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pirate gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 138461022297.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1015) Image search: [Google]
138461022297.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1015
I want a gun on my sailboat that I can use to engage pirates on the high seas. What do I go with /k/. Need something under $2000.
pic unrelated.
>>
Saiga 12 wouldn't be a bad choice.
>>
>>29189877
What do you think the best tactics would be to engage pirates? Let them inboard and try CQC or try to pick of from range?
>>
>>29189832
Mini14 stainless because corrosion resistance. Other options include mossberg 500 stainless or a glock.

Mini14 is the most effective of the bunch
>>
File: 2015-12-03 15.08.13.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03 15.08.13.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Something in 13ga for sure.
>>
>>29189901
Shoot them and their boat as they try to approach. They will then fuck off because your shitty yacht isnt worth dying for.
>>
Also, what about sneaking guns past port officials? Japanese and bong coastal authorities won't like my "assault weapon" onboard.
>>
File: file.jpg (206 KB, 720x765) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
206 KB, 720x765
>>29189943
>>
Benelli nova h2o
>>
>>29189901
Well if they're doing what pirates do (pirate) then their objective is to take what's yours. Meaning you, your boat, and everything on it.
So I'd stick with CQC and medium range. There's no way you're picking them off with the motion of the sea fucking with your aim, unless your God-tier, and even then I wouldn't bother.
Use a semi-auto for medium range, then fuck em with a shotgun while they try to board/are already on your ship.
>>
>>29189943
Tie them under the boat
>>
>>29189985
I actually thought about building a magnetic lockbox that I could secure while anchored and just dive down and unfasten when I leave the port.
>>
>>29189943
You've probably got a pretty large tank for your water supply. Just pack her up an opaque water tight container that matches the color of the inside of your water tank.
>>
File: 10-22lock.jpg (73 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
10-22lock.jpg
73 KB, 800x475
>>29189832
>>
>>29189832
1 bolt action .50 ar
1 mossberg mariner

put a bigass hole at the waterline on their approach, then stand by to repel boarders
>>
>>29190020
Smart one! I only have a red9 right now so that will definitely fit in the hole. idk about a rifle though.
>>
>>29189832
A semi auto rpk.
>>
>>29190070
For a rifle, I assume you have some large bumpers for when you're in port so your hull doesn't get damaged or marked, you can cut one of those open and stick it under somewhere with some life vests, doesn't look out of place, but will probably conceal a small rifle and if done right, you can probably make it pretty water tight too for protection against the elements.
>>
>>29190034
Ok. Now I need to pick up a charger. Thanks.
>>
File: timthumb[1].png (136 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
timthumb[1].png
136 KB, 420x315
>>29189832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhGrawWxHlY
>>
Since this is about international waters and those laws don't apply... Full auto AR-10 with hard points around the perimeter of the boat that snap into an attachment on the rail. Stainless steel bull barrel. Lots of 25rd mags.
>>
>>29191175
Good luck when you get to port in no gunz countries. Contractors have been known to toss their guns overboard to go back to whatevershitliberalstan.
>>
>>29189832
a surplus industrial pump and a heavy duty fire hose on a deck mount
a crossbow/compound bow with fishing reel and fish arrows with other types.
heavy flair guns + inserts
seal bombs/smoke bombs and a deck mounted slingshot
studded fish bat and pike spear
novelty pirate cutlass hung in the cabin

these should be port friendly-ish

but then you got high power lasers with high power scopes and ultrasonic pain field generators/guns
http://www.amazing1.com/ultrasonics.html
>>
>>29189877
>>29189982
Shooting from hardpoints is difficult, but I would not let them get close at all. Thhe guns they have access to are gonna be beat to shit, but its gonna be some heavy shit. Like AKM's and RPG's. Id try to outclass them with some 1st world precision before they hit u with all of the artillary of a 3rd world hellhole
>>
>>29192361
Cos theyre pro's and they dont take risks. If its a one man deal hed be better off millenium falconing that shit in a floorboard somewhere
>>29191175
This. Get a countersniper gun. Something to put a lot of lead along way downrange
>>
>>29189915
that makes me cum just looking at it, does it still work?
>>
>>29192491
For the most part.
The hammer will sometimes slip on a full-cock. Otherwise it should be fine, no reason it wouldn't fire.

Half of me wants to fix it, while the other half knows that's kind of a stupid idea.
>>
>>29189832
Probably a battle rifle. Know a guy who works as a guard on ships, uses a scoped FAL.
>>
>>29192638
>while the other half knows that's kind of a stupid idea
Your other half is stupid, what's wrong with fixing it?
>>
>>29194470
I suspect I'd have to make a couple of new internal parts, doubt I could keep it all original.
If this was a more modern piece I'd give it a shot, but I'm just not comfortable working on antiques.
I feel it ruins the history a bit, and I don't trust myself to do a good enough job to justify that.

I still haven't decided whether I'll keep it as a wallhanger, or resell it to someone who could appreciate it more.
>>
>>29190070
>red9

dont use a c96 please
>>
>>29197705
>
Well its the only gun I own right now so for know I'll just put it in a waterproof box. Looking at this bad boy:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=546615635#PIC. Looks like the one for me because I can break it down easily for easy hiding.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.