[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that PMAGs are prone to failure when loading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: googly eyes.jpg (117 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
googly eyes.jpg
117 KB, 768x1024
Daily reminder that PMAGs are prone to failure when loading on a closed bolt and that Magpul claims it's a feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNQ7IOl5sk
>>
>>29182193
>look ma I posted it again
>>
>This could happen sometimes, but magpul won't believe me
>>
File: 1456812152596.gif (376 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1456812152596.gif
376 KB, 294x233
>PMAGs are prone to becoming difficult to insert on a closed bolt, but still overall easier to insert than a fully loaded USGI mag even in this failure mode
>>
>>29182319
>but still overall easier to insert than a fully loaded USGI mag even in this failure mode
Impossible is easier?
>>
>>29182193
Are you loading 31 on purpose? Are you retarded?

Seriously I have 22 pmags and not one has an issue. Stop trolling faggot.
>>
>>29182391
Try watching the video next time.
>>
>>29182396
I watched one for a few seconds but you're too much of a pedantic retard so I x'd out. If you cant load a mag properly or your rifle is shit (lol Sig) it doesn't mean you have a point.
>>
>>29182193
Well when you just jam a fully loaded mag in and immediately let go when it's on a closed bolt, there's a good amount of spring pressure pushing the mag down, so the mag might only momentarily come into alignment with the mag catch, which works under much lower spring pressure. Without support, the mag bounces out of the way before the catch has time to slide into place. He just slammed it in and didn't firmly press it to make sure the catch actually lined up long enough to engage.

Lancers have this problem even worse because they have much higher pressure springs. Really, all AR magazines do this if the mag spring is strong enough. It's a limitation of the magazine design.

You can even see in the video that once he takes a split second to keep his hand on the mag and firmly press it in until it engages the catch, it works. The AR's manual of arms dictates that you insert the magazine firmly and decisively, hear the click, and give it a final tug to make sure it actually engaged.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>29182418
>I also didn't watch the video
>>
>>29182421
You're now aware that some Sig mag catches are faulty and they will replace yours for free under warranty

Saged
>>
>>29182193
Daily reminder that you're not a tier 1 operator and will never have to mag change like a retard.
>>
>>29182443
>I'm still a retard who doesn't know what the issue is
>>
>>29182447
Try watching the video next time
>>
>>29182344
20 pounds is impossible?

Every time I've forced side by side stacking with impact or shaking (prying it with a screwdriver until they're jammed perfectly side by side doesn't count, fucker), a decent shove locks it in.
>>
>>29182460
Actually it's
>try looking at OP next time
>>
>>29182496
Try watching the video next time
>>
>>29182496
>I also didn't watch the video
>>
>>29182193
i can see a problem OP and it was not caused by the mags
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 800x1000
>>29182193
>>
>>29182500
Try killing yourself next time.
>>
>>29182193
I've owned a half a dozen different types of magazines including USGI and Lancer.
Magpull pmags are the best and I have had zero problems of any kind despite having used a relatively large sampling of them over years.
>>
>>29182193
Are those your PMAGs? Do you own PMAGs that do this?

I have tried recreating the issue shown in your photo by dropping, flinging and slamming the mag into the mag well repeatedly.
>>
>>29182835

It looks to me like the guy is holding the BAD lever (or whatever brand lever that is) as he inserts the mag and is doing this for show.
>>
My Pmags don't hold the bolt open properly on the last round, it closes as soon as the mag is removed. They are also too thick to drop free. On both my Type 97 and a friend's AR
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.