[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the Israeli gas masks actually work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
Do the Israeli gas masks actually work?
>>
>>29180606

They work just fine when they are fitted and issued, but I wouldn't bet my life on one I just bought off Ebay after it's been God knows where for God knows how long doing God knows what.

On that note, all Canadian gas masks on the open market are either defective or stolen.
>>
Yes...provided you get a new filter and the proper size they can make an airtight seal.

Keep in mind most are used...but cheap. So quality is definitely an issue.
>>
>>29180606
Only if you're Jewish
>>
Of course they work, after all their bad experiences with gas why would the Jews design a faulty gas mask?
>>
>>29183092

Better observation is whether or not they'd sell the good ones to us filthy go- guys I mean.
>>
>>29180628
>all Canadian gas masks on the open market are either defective or stolen.
Or simply surplused out since they've been replaced with newer units. Surplus Herbies had a bunch of Canadian masks recently. All past their date but none with obvious defects.
>>
>>29180606
Only in the shower, for some reason.
>>
>>29180606
What's the name of the one on the top right?
>>
>>29180606
We used to use them at work. The family business I got drug into was building and repairing concrete swimming pools. To replaster an old one, you first had to acid wash the old plaster finish to scarify it. That's fine when you're outdoors, but for indoor jobs it was dangerous as hell. The mustard-smelling acid fumes would be plainly visible all day. So pops went to a gun show circa 1995 or so and bought like eight israeli gas masks, and we would wear them for this particular function.

Of course I'm an adult man browsing /k/ so it's entirely possible it didn't work.
>>
>>29180606
Be sure to check the expiration date.
Yes Israeli gas masks have expiration dates.
>>
>>29183106
This
>>
Can they filter zyklon B?
>>
>>29184296

Zyklon B is a harmless non-toxic delousing powder for clothes and pets so it shouldn't matter.
>>
do they come in big nose sizes ?
>>
>>29180606
There's a joke there somewhere.
>>
What's a good mask for shtf that isn't too expensive?
>>
>>29184437

A Jew surplus like in OP's pic, funnily enough.
>>
>>29184437
>What's a good mask for shtf that isn't too expensive?

Because you definitely want to go the cheap route when you're buying respiratory protection, right?

Or you could splurge a little and get a civilian respirator that actually fits. Then you could be a real big shot and equip it with cartridges that were made in this decade.
>>
>>29184309

>source of hydrocyanic acid
>harmless

Someone failed chemistry.
>>
>>29184859

If there was a SHTF secanario that involved the release of chemical/biological weapons in your urban area, you wouldn't have the time to react to put on the mask and suit. Nor would you be able to decontaminate.

Save your money.
>>
>>29183545

Maybe things have changed in the past ten years but for a long time the Canadian government had a policy of not releasing gas masks to the surplus market if they weren't defective.
>>
>>29180606
No they don't. That's why Hitler could kill so many of them during ww2.

>>29184331
THERE. I DID IT. HAPPY ?
>>
File: 7358284634_b95715eca1_b.jpg (288 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
7358284634_b95715eca1_b.jpg
288 KB, 768x1024
>>29183063
I'm not a Jew but sometimes I put kosher salt on my eggs, is that good enough?
>>
>>29185663
>MOM!! I POSTED IT AGAIN!!!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.