[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you carry your glock with one in the chamber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (823 KB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
823 KB, 2800x2100
Aren't you worried you're going to shoot yourself, anon?
>>
File: AR15completeSmall.jpg (402 KB, 1184x661) Image search: [Google]
AR15completeSmall.jpg
402 KB, 1184x661
>>29176762
The 3 internal safeties are plenty, a hard kydex holster that covers the trigger guard makes for a rock solid 4th safety.
>>
>>29176804
>Glock safeties
>Being this much of a sucker to shit memes
>>
>assigning dubious personalities and directives to inanimate objects

All of my Glocks are 1 in the chamber.

If I was worried about my gun spontaneously going off, I should throw it in the garbage and vote for Sanders.
>>
>>29176804
What safeties does a glock have? I don't see shit except for some microclit trigger in a trigger
>>
>>29176839
+1
>>
>>29176851
Lurk more, newfag. How's being 16 going?
>>
>>29176839
Do you have an nypd trigger?
>>
>>29176875
He's not wrong, though, Glocks have a """safe action system""" but it's not a traditional safety as most people know it.
>>
>>29176883
>not a traditional safety
Internal and passive safeties have existed for multiple generations. Just because it's not a manual safety doesn't mean it's not a safety.

So yes, he is wrong.
>>
>>29176883
The fuck is this?
>>
>>29176899
Having a safety that is deactivated when you squeeze the trigger isn't much of a safety senpai
>>
>>29176920
>I think the definition of a safety is wrong

How's carrying a 1911 going, grandpa?
>>
>>29176947
It hurts to pee.
>>
>>29176839
Dude, we have Constitution Carry, no waiting period instant background checks, no magazine limits (except for hunting rifles for some raison)

You're telling me you don't want that for the whole US?
>>
>>29176947
At least my 1911 doesn't require mental gymnastics and autism to justify its safety mechanism.
>>
>>29176990
It takes mental gymnastics for me to understand SAA and a slide safety on an automatic.
>>
>>29176990
>mental gymnastics

On the contrary. If we assume you're using a holster that doesn't collapse and completely covers your trigger guard, there is objectively no advantage to having a manual safety on a firearm (not to mention the dozen-odd other disadvantages and obsolescences of the 1911). However, there's the distinct disadvantage that you can forget to disengage it, accidentally reengage it, or have it get stuck.
>>
>>29176984
Sanders has said straight-out he's anti gun. You aren't fooling anybody, shill.
>>
>>29176920
Putting your finger in the trigger guard when your sights aren't on target and you're not ready to shoot means you don't have the faintest clue of what you're doing with a firearm, senpai.
>>
>>29176804

>glock
>safties

pick one
>>
File: glocksafety.png (264 KB, 941x522) Image search: [Google]
glocksafety.png
264 KB, 941x522
>>29177050
>>
>>29176984
>no magazine limits (except for hunting rifles for some raison)
How's a hunting rifle defined? Or is the mag limit just applicable to any gun being used to hunt?
>>
File: glock45gap.jpg (739 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
glock45gap.jpg
739 KB, 1280x960
>>29177050
I recommend you take a glock armorer's course, you'll learn a lot. You certainly need it.
>>
>>29177036
Kek, got sauce on that?

He was against suing gun manufactures after sandy hook and wouldn't allow for any background checks in the state unless they were instant. Because that's what we fucking wanted, and bizarrely he listens to his constituents. Besides, it's not likely for any federal level gun control to even take place on this day and age.

The fear of gun control or rampant guns is what the two parties need to whip their constituents into a fervor. They aren't going to mess with that good tool, and one president can't change that of the whole system isn't on board.
>>
Why do these pointless kinds of threads get posted so often? Do you even own a fucking gun op?

If you do not like glocks because you are afraid of not having an external safety and cannot maintain basic gun handling safety good for you! Just don't get one!

If you are so worried about carrying a 1911 with the safety on because you can't comprehend the idea of training to use it that's wonderful! Just don't get one!

There is absolutely nothing to discuss here. It is all personal preference, which you would know if you spent time shooting instead of shitposting.
>>
File: Glock20c.jpg (588 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Glock20c.jpg
588 KB, 1280x960
>>29177105
You have the dumbs http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Gun_Control.htm
>>
>>29177105
http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-votes-for-background-checks-assault-weapons-ban
hurr durr
>>
File: sanders gun control.png (58 KB, 694x666) Image search: [Google]
sanders gun control.png
58 KB, 694x666
>>29177105
It's literally the top Google result, turbo-kike.
>>
>>29177121
>all personal preference
If you're talking about shooting at the range, sure. But a manual safety on a gun that already has a drop safety is objectively a detriment for defensive use.
>>
>>29177081
It's a little vague, and not well enforced, but I belive they're regarding long guns used while hunting only, unless it's a .22. As in you can into RPK with drum mag, as long as you're not pointing around for game in the woods.

Since a lot of hunting done around here is on private party, by permission, they owner of the property would actually have to complain for you to get caught.
>>
>>29177076
>We have implemented multiple safety features that are all negated by an object getting lodged in the trigger guard, being one of the main reasons for an external safety in the first place
>>
>>29177164
How would an object enter the trigger guard while the pistol is in a secure kydex holster?
>>
>>29177155
What a bizarre and pointless law.
>>
>>29177176
You're right, it's a good thing everyone has a secure kydex holster
>>
>>29176947
I just want a gun I can stomp on while giving a tactical handgun class and feel reasonably assured I won't shoot out anyone's truck
>>
>>29177187
If you're carrying a handgun in anything less than a rigid holster that completely covers the trigger guard, you're irresponsible.
>>
>>29177126
>>29177131
>>29177132
Except he's only ever taken steps towards instant background checks. He did vote for the assault weapons ban before, but it's had zero effect on the state with the exception of full auto fun, until the bill lapsed.

Before all the hysteria the media has been generating, making it impossible for any democrat to run without that boilerplate, he had no stance on the issue, he just went with his constituents; y'know, that thing we have pol8ticans around for?
>>
>>29177208
If you make a handgun without a safety lever in the 21st century, you're irresponsible
>>
>>29176762
Yes
No

Guns don't just go off randomly. Plus I use a kydex holster so...
>>
>>29177222
"Waaah I need a manual safety or I'm scared I'll Tex Grebner myself waah I'm literally retarded and don't know basic gun safety waah"
-You
>>
Should I carry my 1911 with one in the chamber and the safety off?
>>
>>29177304
I don't see why not, as long as you keep the trigger covered and keep your booger hook off of it
>>
>>29177302
"I mock others by way of hyperbolic caricatures when I can't argue my point well"
-You
>>
>>29177304
I wouldn't recommend it... If you're carrying something with a manual safety and you're not making use of it, you'll find yourself wondering why your gun won't go off when you need to use it in a defensive situation. With a 1911, always use a grip where your thumb rides the safety, it greatly improves your chances of not fumbling.
>>
>>29177208
This
We don't need leather based holsters anymore (The actual material securing the firearm) the kydex sheath will never fail in a manner that a leather holster will. It is totally rigid, immune to normal temperature changes, and provided you don't CC a pencil next to your gun it won't get stuck somewhere it shouldn't.
TL;DR
Keep your holster clear, and your gun won't blow your dick off. But you should already be doing this with any holster.
also, external safeties are dead.
>>
>>29177345
Should I carry my usp with the safety off and one in the chamber?
>>
>>29177394
As long as you are at half cock or full cock.
>>
>>29177423
My cock is always full
>>
>>29177217
> proven wrong
> b-b-but it doesn't matter because I said so!
fuck off
>>
>>29177345
This So much. If you carry a 1911 it is essential you practice your draw to where your thumb always rides the safety and is disengaged when you extend out towards your target.
>>
File: Feel The Enrichment.jpg (255 KB, 897x1070) Image search: [Google]
Feel The Enrichment.jpg
255 KB, 897x1070
>>29177132
Oy Vey we have to disarm the Goyim or they'll never submit to domination by negroids!
>>
>>29176920
You know almost all modern handguns have internal safeties that move out of the way/into place when you press the trigger, right?
Hell, even revolvers have either a fireing pin block or a transfer bar that moves.

A safety is not to prevent the gun from firing when some moron presses the trigger. Its to prevent the gun from firing when its dropped
>>
Unholstering a glock with one in the chamber is a violation of one of the 4 golden rules of firearm safety. The pistol will muzzle sweep your leg. every pistol should come with an external safety and the l33t COD kiddies can keep it switched off to tell us they're hardcore
>>
>>29178952
When your life's on the line, racking the slide is the last thing you want to do
>>
>>29178952
No, the COD kiddies are the ones who think you need an external safety to make up for your inability to follow the 4 rules. If your holster forces you to violate a rule, find a better holster or put it somewhere else.
>>
>>29178952
At no point should you muzzle sweep your leg when when going to and from your holster
>>
>>29176804
>3 internal safeties
Wow, I hope you don't actually believe this, but mainly, I hope some newguns doesn't read your dhiarrea and take it for truth.

>4/10 b8
>>
>>29179156
The shrapnel from it shooting concrete next to your foot would be damaging enough
>>
>>29176762
I need suggestions for carry ammo?

Do I got less penetration and more expansion or more penetration and less expansion?

Are there any studies that document whether or not barriers are involved with most shootings?

Is there a happy medium? Like a 124 grain duty load or something?

Been using 115gr hornady's xtp but worried about penetration through barriers.
>>
>>29179256
>worried about penetration through barriers
Overblown as far as I'm concerned, in reality you probably won't need to shoot through a wall to hit a guy. If you are that worried a heavier bullet will help.

Otherwise speer gold dot and HSTs are also carry approved.
>>
>>29179316
And it may be considered a plus if you live in an urban area. I actually chose them after I heard about their performance through barriers because I live in an apartment.
>>
>>29176762
>replying in a bait thread
>>
>>29179316
So like a 147gr gold dot or hst?
>>
>>29179256
i carry remington golden saber personally, probably not the best hollow points but i trust them. i doubt barrier come that much into play in a self defense situation, unless you are taking cover yourself,

btw whatever you carry, they should be hollow points, fmj ammo will work but you really don't want that much penetration, since 90% of self defense scenarios take place at 8 ft. or less you would not want a full metal jacket projectile passing through the perp and hurting someone innocent. hollow points typically will not exit the body and if it does it will have a lot less energy. you can look up vids of hollow point tests that show whether or not the expand reliably. one more thing if you buy carry ammo, train with it as much as you can with your carry gun, this will help instill confidence in you that your gun will reliably feed said hollow points, think about it if you buy carry ammo and never use it or even try it in YOUR gun, who's to see it will be reliable in an SD situation, even if a youtube has your same model gun feeding the ammo fine i would still test it in my personal gun just to be sure
>>
>>29179361
A 124gr should be fine in either, and hornady makes heavier as well. 147gr, in my opinion, is pretty useless unless you have a full size pistol.
>>
>>29176762
>Do you carry your glock with one in the chamber?
yes
>Aren't you worried you're going to shoot yourself, anon?
no
>>
File: mpke5vS.1.webm (448 KB, 436x180) Image search: [Google]
mpke5vS.1.webm
448 KB, 436x180
>mfw unleashing the hellish fury of my glock 20 for the first time
>mfw only 6'10, 335 lbs of pure muscle
>mfw not alpha enough to fire 10mm
>>
File: 1455653877771.jpg (184 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1455653877771.jpg
184 KB, 679x960
>>29179470
Holy shit that's hilarious why does she keep her arms outstretched?
>>
>>29179470

>Be a tiny 5'8 155 lb skinnyfat manlet
>My baby hands are the same size as my 5'0 125 lb girlfriend's
>Shoot the G20 perfectly
>My girlfriend shoots the G20 perfectly
>My noguns friend shoots the G20 perfectly and was his first gun fired ever

The FBI are fucking pussies.
>>
>>29179549
Yeah it's not bad at all. I always describe it as the muzzle jump of .40 and the slow push of .45 mixed together. Not overwhelming for anyone other than children and federal police.
>>
>>29179549
Your GF is fat dude
>>
>>29179522
>She

You are not common with the standard Japanese mens stature are you, they all look like women for some odd reason.
>>
>>29177217
>>29177217
How much does Bernie pay per post? I wonder how competitive he is with Hillary.
>>
>doesn't have a hammer to put your thumb behind to safely holster
>thinks it's safe
>believes false logic that his finger is the only thing capable of pulling a trigger
>cites proper training is what makes the gun safe, criticized those who train to properly turn off a safety on the draw

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2014/09/americans-who-carry-concealed-weapons-keep-accidentally-shooting-themselves-in-public-bathrooms/380327/

It's time to give up on the no safety meme guys. Glocks pretty much done anyway.
>>
>>29177003
Single action army on an automatic? What?
>>
>>29179985
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

AND you're wrong.
>>
>>29176762
I love this pic. That's how I roll.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.