[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fucking liberals man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6
File: HKUSP.png (242 KB, 649x484) Image search: [Google]
HKUSP.png
242 KB, 649x484
>be me
>be 15

>technically in special ed
>mom is hardcore liberal, it's obnoxious
>she hates guns
>barely allowed to have nerf gun

>talking to bro one day
>say when I'm older I'm going to get a AR-15
>he says he wants a shotgun when he's 18

>mom hears this
>tells us we will never own guns
>we say we can because we'd be adults

>3 days later

>mom says we're going to get an xray for my foot (it's been hurting bad)

>end up in mental ward in some baltimore hospital

>she says I attempted suicide

>wat.jpg

>stayed overnight

>turns out she sent me there so I would not be legally allowed to own a gun.

>are you fucking serious

>Really want to buy a USP but too scared to because I might be on a no-gun list or something

>fucking liberals man
>>
wat
>>
gg op
>>
>>29171367
That fucking sucks if true man but just get one off armslist when you move out
>>
>>29171391
Armslist? Explain.
>>
>>29171400
Private sales do not require background checks.
>>
ITT: Things that never happened
>>
>>29171367
Did you go in front if a judge?
If not, you are not on a noguns list.
If yes, you may be on one.

If you have to, get a lawyer they will clear you up.
>>
>>29171406
Isn't that illegal? And, I don't know if I'm even allowed to or not, should I at least check?
>>
>>29171367
Buy one off the black market
>>
>>29171427
Can't say anything for OP.
But, I've seen shitty parents pull stuff like this all the time.
>>
>>29171446
Who's cares if it legal or not your gangsta now
I beat your stronger then her so just scare her in to submission
>>
>>29171441
No I was 15. Never saw a judge in my life. Was there overnight.

She got away with me being there because I was on ADD meds + I was in a special ed classroom for a few years.
>>
>>29171441
This.
>>
>>29171367
See
>>29171441
Unless you are legally bonkers there's nothing they can do.
>>
>>29171446
It's not like anyone will know anyway. I got my first gun when I was -3 months old and have never been harassed.

If you really want to know, talk to your local police/sheriff department.
>>
OP here: Honestly I don't think I am on the no-funs list, but is there a way to check?

I'm not sure the hospital staff really cared about putting me on it.

Oh, yeah.

This bitch also ruined my career path.

I wanted to be a police officer, but not sure I can do that.

DAMN YOU POT-HEAD LIBERALLLSSSS
>>
>>29171478
3 months old? The fuck?
>>
>>29171482
You can appeal to have your rights restored depending on your state. What method of attempted suicide did your mom claim you tried? How did hospital staff give an ok to that when there shouldn't have been physical proof?
>>
>>29171482
I bought a cheap 70 gun off gunbroker(Raven .25), had it shipped too a FFL and then they did a background check on me and I passed and now on my 3rd gun after that.
>>
I guess I'll try and buy from licensed dealer, if I'm on the list I'll get a lawyer.
>>
>>29171464
unless you go in front of a judge you pretty much get a clean slate when you become an adult.
>>
>>29171495
Not 3 Months, negative 3. Mom and dad are based as fuck. Even if fudds.
>>
>>29171482
Pot has nothing to do with it.

Baby boomers are the source of this issue.
>>
>>29171446
It's absolutely legal. If you don't have an FFL you don't need to perform background checks when selling guns.
>>
>>29171482
Just try to buy one.
It's not illegal to try, and people get denied all the time.

Also grow the fuck up, liberals didn't do this to you, your very stupid parents did. Shitty people come in all flavors and relentlessly feeding the belief that "X group is the source of all my problems REEEEEEE" is how you end up bonkers and shooting up a kindergarten.
>>
Thanks guys. Also, when I was 9, yes, 9, I kid you not, I was put in some adolescent mental hospital for a fucking week.

My mom said I needed to be there because I was a danger to myself.

But it was purely because she wanted me out of the house because she had a very special friend coming over.
>>
Alright, I'm going to save up some munny for a cheap rifle.

I guess if I get denied I'll bring this to court, and they'll see how ridiculous my mom was.

What is a good, cheap rifle? I've never shot a gun before. And I want something that's a bolt action, but not necessarily a .22
>>
>>29171446
It may or may not be legal depending on your states laws. Are you still in Baltimore OP?
>>
>>29171575
.22 is best for beginners. I recommend a ruger 10/22, it has a fuckhuge aftermarket for the rifle.
>>
>>29171575
Get a mosin for Bolt, for .22 I say a Marlin or a Ruger 10/22 rifle or one of their lovely .22 pistols.
Another fun .22 is a Herritage rough rider .22 revolver, can get one for like 130-150.
>>
>>29171367
When did you get back from the hospital?
Yesterday?
>>
OP here. I'm an MD faggot
>>
>>29171367
OP, provided you aren't an autistic sperglord I might be able to help you.

One of my friends from AIT is stationed out at Meade and I might be able to get her to sell you a gun.
>>
>>29171678

nah it's ok mate, I'll just wait and see if I can buy one from a fed. dealer, if not, going to get legal help
>>
>>29171464

Follow this advice op. Ive been in-patient for PTSD for a total of 7 month after a horrible event happened in my life afeq years back. I was on anti depressents etc etc. I was scared anout failing a background check too. I passed mine in about 15 minutes. As long as you arent criminally forced into an inpatient facility you are golden.

All of thos assuming OPs story is semi factual.
>>
>>29171367
OP, a 72 hour psychiatric hold shouldn't be much concern, especially if you cooperated with the doctors while you were there. If you want to check to see if you can own a gun, consult a lawyer. Or go and buy a gun and fill out a form 4473. If the form rejects, you can call and find out why, if it does not, then enjoy your funs.
>>
>>29171478
>-3 months old
What a great father you had, to buy you your 10/22 before you were even born
>>
>>29171704
Yeah probably smart for the long term
>>
>>29171516
This. Unless you're talking to a lefty loony SJW (usually too stupid to associate with), young people will understand if you're patient and explain shit. Hell, the following was a conversation I had with a Bernie supporter:
>I think universal background checks would work
>How would you enforce it without a registry? How would you get a group of people who overwhelmingly do not trust the government to trust them with a registry?
>Well, certainly there's a trust issue.
Baby steps can always convert a smart, rational millenial. SJW-types, however, cannot be reasoned with. I'm voting Trump, he's voting Bernie, and yet by being calm, patient, and explaining our reasoning, we can understand one another. It's as if not being autistic and actually talking to others works!
>>
>>29171723
Didn't Hickok buy a gun for his Son the day he was Born?
>>
>>29171704

Youre overthinking this. They wont withhold a firearm for you because your mom was a cunt. Just go into a gunstore, dont say shit about any of this to anyone in there, and take a background check. Dont check anything regarding mental health on the form. You will pass.

You could also simply call the local sherrifs department and ask them directly. They will give you the same answer.
>>
>>29171723
My great grandpa gave my grandpa a rifle when he was 13
My grandpa gave my dad that same rifle when he was 13
My dad gave me the same rifle when I turned 13
My son is getting it when he turns 13
>>
>>29171575
If you've never shot a rifle before, take a class first. My first time shooting was a shitty single shot .22LR rifle in a university shooting class, and I'm still referring back to it. He even threw in handgun shooting lessons. I've been shooting for years already and I'm thinking of going back to take more lessons regardless. Only about $100 and a Saturday, but should be fun nonetheless.
>>
>>29171730
>It's as if not being autistic and actually talking to others works!
I think you best head on back to blebbit, we're only allowed to shitpost on 4chan nowadays
>>
File: bernie-despair.png (46 KB, 790x483) Image search: [Google]
bernie-despair.png
46 KB, 790x483
>>29171736
OP, listen to this brilliant man. Go in, smile, fondle some guns, pick out the one you want, fill out the forms correctly, hide your powerlevel.

>>29171768
Never posted there. From the screencaps I've seen, I don't want to go there either. I want to help this guy since his libtard mother tried to fuck him over. Usually, I shitpost until my fingers bleed. Outside the internet, I hide my powerlevel.
>>
>>29171733
Something like that yeah
Was a 10/22 as well iirc
>>
>>29171790

Fuck bernie
>>
>>29171501
>How did hospital staff give an ok to that when there shouldn't have been physical proof?
This. You should go back to that hospital right now and maybe go to the police.
>>
>>29171539
No. Liberals caused all of this.
>>
>>29171545
Your mom was cucking your dad too?
>>
OP , I understand where you're coming from, but I'm also really happy for you.

You never got sentenced for anything and you weren't involuntarily sent to a ward.

This means that you can get a gun and pass a background check like everyone else. Your mother tried to fuck you over and failed
>>
>>29171575
Savage Axis or Ruger American in 5.56/.223
>>29171600
>>29171606
>>29171760
>ITT Sutists who don't read/care about the question. OP said he,
>Has never shot funs
>Wants a good, cheep bolt fun
>Not a .22.
What happens?
>Everybody recommends .22's and nuggets.
Nuggets are not a good first rifle unless you are committed and have experienced non faggot friends who will help you learn proper technique.

The advice to seek professional shooting instruction was GOAT tier, however. So props to >>29171760
>>
File: 1446690348508.jpg (459 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
1446690348508.jpg
459 KB, 1200x849
>>29171367
I just watched a 10 minute video on how to install an ambi safety on a USP because you reminded me of how much I like them. Thanks, man.

Also: I'm pretty sure the 4473 only applies to court ordered institutionalization. If you mom is some crazy bitch who did some stupid shit, you're still okay.

Or just buy a USP from any random faggot off the street. Because we live in the land of the free and home of the brave and fuck the government.
>>
>>29171749
Noice. I got my first .22 at twelve. My oldest son will be getting it around the same time. My younger one will probably inherit my first centerfire rifle when I'm old. In the mean time I will just have to buy him funs when he reaches the appropriate age.

TL;DR Fatherhood involves buying your children guns, goddammit!
>>
>>29171790
>Dat pic tho...
>>
>>29171655
Were at in MD? And legally you should be able to buy a gun, since you didn't go in front of a judge, where a minor, and weren't in for over a month.
As far as gunshops to recommend, it depends on were you're at in the state.
>>
>>29172222
>witnessed
>>
>>29171367
>special ed

OP confirmed literal retard.
Tards shouldn't own guns, I doubt you can tell the difference between the front sight and your own tiny dong.
>>
>>29171367
/r/ing the retard alert reaction picture
>>
>>29171367
Did you go to Shepherd Pratt?
Listen op, I've been there. I was still able to buy an AR15, long guns and a handgun. You still have rights until a judge finds you mentally deficient /insane. Follow your dreams, its what I do.
Now I live in Virginia and look back at the shit hole that is MD and count my blessings.
>>
>>29171730
>voting for trump

Wanna know how I know you're mentally retarded?
>>
Thanks a lot guys. I'm going to go for it. But I don't even know what kind of ammo a usp uses, 9mm? I have to do my research
>>
>>29171482
Remind her she will be old someday and then you get to choose her treatment.
>>
ITT: /k/ takes the word of a person with a learning disability who spent time in a mental ward, then helps him buy a gun
>>
>>29171367
Has gun liberal reporting in. Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>29171446
There's always the 80 percent 1911 option. Sure it's no USP but Handgun > Nogun.
>>
>>29171446
>Go to gunstore
>Try to purchase gun
>See if you're rejected
>If you are, call the DoJ
>Ask about why you were denied
>Look into appealing it

If you were never involuntarily committed it doesn't count. If you were wrongly committed it can be appealed.

Jesus it's not complicated.
>>
>>29173182
>Not voting for trump.

Enjoy Shillery Cuckton taking your guns.
>>
>>29173182
Name another candidate who will:
1) Reform the broken H1B visa program
2) Force drug companies to negotiate prices/allow imports of cheaper foreign pharm
3) Declare China a currency manipulator
4) Absolutely piss off the Republican establishment, the Democrat establishment, and the media simultaneously

I'll vote for him instead of Trump if you wish it be so.
>>
File: 1434290989592.png (214 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
1434290989592.png
214 KB, 472x357
>>29171367
>fucking liberals man
>>29171482
>DAMN YOU POT-HEAD LIBERALLLSSSS

>All these anons giving advice on getting firearms through private transfers

Something is smelling fishy here.

Something smells
>>
>>29174167
Please stop making sense, it's like you want people who get all their info on politics from facebook comments to leave
>>
I bet OP was circumcised too. Fuck that woman
>>
You'll be fine. I was baker acted at 15 because my far right ideas spaghettied all over at school one time. Spent 3 days there. Was able to buy a gun at 18 no problem
>>
File: 1420188865017454.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1420188865017454.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
>>29171367
If you were not placed in a state mental ward by a judge you can still own guns even if you tried to kill yourself unless you take anti-depressents or other pills that effect your mental health.
>>
>>29173182
as if you even vote, loser
>>
>>29171367
You really couldn't have just called her out the second she said you attempted suicide you beta fuck?
>>
NZ fag here, can have semi auto but only 5 round clipazines. Parents hated guns when i was growing up and wouldnt even let me have water guns, although i was absolutely obsessed with firearms, and had never even touvhed one. Be 23 now, own 3 guns, parents havent talked to me and practically disowned me when i bought my first gun. Totally worth it
>>
>>29171464
try not being a retard
>>
>>29177340
Seriously antigunner parents are some of the worst people alive.
>>
>>29171790
>has terminal cancer
>tries to squeeze out a shitty few months at his families expense
>wants bernie

nothing surprising here

>those racist bantz

me rikey
>>
>>29173182
Name a presidential candidate that will actually enforce immigration law.
>>
>>29171730
But Bernie is hardly a tumblr SJW, he's pretty ok with guns from my understanding.

Anyway, OPs story reminded my that "computer illiterate" rage story where the mother took away some guys laptop because he installed Linux - even when he bought it with his own money.
>>
>>29171367
>technically
>in special ed

>technically

Dude...don't you think it's time you quit lying to yourself and just own it?
>>
>>29171406
Depends on your state. Handguns, not long guns.
>>
File: I wish I hadn't seen my fans.jpg (34 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
I wish I hadn't seen my fans.jpg
34 KB, 980x551
>>29171367
if true mfw
>>
>>29177457
I can imagine the reluctance though, my dad had a friend who where put with tards just because he was severely dyslectic.

Imagine that, you might ace other scores but you can't read a book so you're put with people who can't spell their own name.
>>
>>29177457
Some schools lump all sorts of people in with the tards. I had a friend with real bad dyslexia who shad to go to the special Ed class for English lessons in middle school.
>>
>>29171367
>move south
>buy from private party
>problem solved.

I swear to god nigger if you do this and shoot up a school I'll rape your grandniggers in front of you, then decapitate you and fuck your neck stump.
>>
>>29177518
shit, I was gifted (new name for AP) but got put in the tard class and had to be with them every day.
>>
jesus christ this board is a shithole
>>
>>29177615
Gifted, but put in special ed...

you gonna haftoo esplane dat one Lucy.
>>
>>29177417
You really think Trump is going to do anything?
His entire plan is having Mexico build a wall, which apart from being diplomatically retarded , is akin to having your failed assassin cook all your meals. He's got literally no backup plan, or feasible alternative.
>>
>>29171367
go talk to sled or ATF, if you are ineligible take it to the courts and try to sue for your rights back.
>>
>>29171367
your mom is A nasty cunt
>>
>>29171367
Sue your mother for false reports. Get that bitch sent to prison for fraud, lies criminal intent. Fucking cunt she's the crazy one that should be locked up and kept muzzled 24\7
>>
>>29171453
My mother tried to pull that shit on me.. Luckily, I was 20 and refused to let her into any doctors visits. Moved out a year ago and dont regret nothin.
>>
>>29174170
Yeah.... Yeah it does.
>>
>>29171367

A voluntary stay isn't a gun grab (yet), they have to hold you on a 'temporary detention order' (which the cops abuse) and you have to go through one of those special courts for adjudication.

You're fine except for a concealed carry permit, Virginia law says you can't have one for 5 years following a inpatient rehab/psych ward stay regardless of it being voluntary. Lying on the application = felony.
>>
>>29171367

If that happened to me I don't think I would ever talk to my family again.
>>
>>29171478
>-3 months old
Why did they buy you a gun before you were born
>>
>>29172269
>TFW nodad so didn't get a gun until I was 20
>>
>>29177457
>Have ADHD
>Difficulty writing by hand, shit grades because I never pay attention
>Get sent to school with kids from anything from "kind of a dick" social problems to "literally drooling on themselves."

Other kids in my class were wheelchair-bound but completely neurotypical. Special schools are just dumping grounds for kids that don't fit in with very little regard for actual needs.
>>
Was in sped from 2nd to 8th grade, we were not allowed to see normal kids, and, school was about 1 hour away.
>>
>>29177441
>wants to ban assault weapons
>Pretty Ok with guns
>>
>>29171367
Stop being scared of the government and go buy yourself a fuckin' freedom blaster.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.