[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you wear these /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 181179IMG1_L.jpg (53 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
181179IMG1_L.jpg
53 KB, 450x450
I wore something similar with a serpa holster in pic related recently and it felt really goddamn comfortable, like the way I would prefer to carry my everyday pistol. Problem is, I only got to wear it for a short period of time and didn't really have a chance to experience any of the problems that may come with it.

Any experiences, good or bad?
>>
Wore one once.

Belt holster or strong side plate carrier for life.

Thigh holsters are for gate guards.
>>
>>29169854
Belt holster just seems inconvenient at this point, having to reach up to slip it from the holster and put my wrist at an odd position. It feels way more natural for me to be able to be able to pull it up and at what I intend to shoot in one fluid motion.

I've tried strong side plate carrier before, that's a favorite too, though I don't wear my plates on a day to day basis...
>>
>shit tier option that's tiring to run in with straps that migrate and shift
>not belt-drop master race

http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-belt-loop-for-safariland-als-holster/
>>
>>29169827
>and it felt really goddamn comfortable

A hot piece of lead burning in your thigh and your artery spurting like a whore on a friday night isn't comfortable. Fuck serpas, fuck any agency that still forces officers to wear them. Get a kydex holster and call it a day.

Seriously, they're just straight the fuck up dangerous.
>>
>>29169892

Problem.

Your thigh holster SHOULD rode high enough to block access to that hip pocket.

Same height as a drop belt holster.

If you REALLY do the "gun should be at the tips of your fingers" thing your kit is officially a mess and youre just one of those people who thinks its cool to look like a first day of first deployment SEAL, in 2003.
>>
>>29169977

Serpas arent dangerous.

They just arent novice tier retention holsters. And novices comprise 100% of gate guards who have to wear these.
>>
>>29169962
This was what I was going to try next because I did have a feeling that after a while, those straps were going to eat a hole in my crotch from sheer friction

>>29169990
It did, though maybe an inch lower than shown in other posters pic.

I'm going to have to try the belt-drop method, it seems like a better option than the thigh simply because of the straps.
>>
>>29170002
Serpas are so god damn shitty that even in this video where they are all "Serpas are so safe if you just use them properly" the guy goes and does the exact thing that is the problem with serpas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2Qg4xwHgg

2:29, they even slow mo it for you so you can see how this "seasoned professional" manages to slip his finger inside the trigger guard on the draw due to the inherent flaw in the serpa design.

And in case you missed it, here it is again, close up and in slow mo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXakcPB0evk
>>
File: lapd2.jpg (99 KB, 425x357) Image search: [Google]
lapd2.jpg
99 KB, 425x357
>>29170096
There's a reason why a lot of old cops (especially motorcycle cops) always go for the drop. Comfy to draw and fire, and works from a variety of awkward positions while not fucking up your leg too badly.
>>
>>29170113

And?

He'd do that with a safariland because his finger is stupid. The lock is out of the way of the trigger, straight and along the slide. He had to move his finger towards the trigger guard.
>>
>>29170344
Because that's what happens when you exert pressure on the paddle as you draw, the finger doesn't just happily attach to the slide, it often slips into the trigger guard.

Hey, you want your silly holster, you keep it. Just don't go telling people that the problem it has doesn't exist.
>>
>>29170404
I practice draw&shoot with my serpa all the time and am meticulously conscious of how I'm training my trigger finger. Guy in video is intentionally fucking up his finger in the drawstroke.

Because you don't plainly understand that, I know for a fact that you don't even own a serpa.
They're like $20 man christ anything is worth it at that price.
>>
>>29171016
>Guy in video is intentionally fucking up his finger in the drawstroke.

Are you fucking seriously this stupid?

>not discussing it
>not saying they're demonstrating it
>randomly decides to show the most common error made with a serpa holster

Makes sense.

And I actually do own a Serpa, first holster I ever bought. Heard about this, practiced a few times and came to the conclusion that in the heat of the moment when the pressure is on it is a mistake that COULD happen regardless of how many times I trained simply because when you push yourself to extremes you often add an extra percentage to your performance, that may be speed, pressure or violence of action, if you happen to be putting just a little too much pressure on the paddle when you draw, your finger can slip off the frame and into the trigger guard.

>They're like $20 man christ anything is worth it at that price.

By that logic Uncle Mikes nylon holsters are the bees fucking knees.
>>
>>29169977
You have to be a real fucking shitty shooter to ND yourself and blame the holster for it. It's not the holster that pulls the trigger.

I have Serpa lvl 3 holster and it's fucking glorious. If anyone is willing to get one, do it. It's the best holster i've tried.
>>
>>29171602
>If anyone is willing to get one, do it. It's the only holster i've tried.
>>
No reason to get a SERPA when there's dozens of good kydex/polymer holsters for fucking $30.
>>
Serpa is like the iphone of holsters.

Sure it's a holster, but there's better products with less retarded "features" that won't turn your holster into something less useful than a rock.
>>
Obviously people who keep taking about kudex and shit don't understand level 2-3 retention. Safari land ALS is the best retention holster option. I wish they had one for the cz75b, I had to get this sigtac one that is just ok.
>>
>>29171899
We understand it, there's just no practical advantage to it.

I can take my kydex holster with my Glock 19, light, and a loaded 33rd mag, turn it upside down, and violently shake it without the gun coming out. It's still easy to draw and holster the gun and doesn't require additional steps, and has no moving parts to break.

While other retention holsters are definitely better, open-top kydex is still king.
>>
>>29171044
They explicitly advise against buying the serpa in tactical handgun classes and carry classes in Texas.
>>
>>29171915
It's for carrying OWB and makes sure someone can't just take it out of your holster. Also, after the button is depressed, you get a smoother draw.
>>
>>29171930
The other issue that I'm aware of (may have been fixed?) is that placing a gun in the holster backwards as taught in some schools for one handed support hand reloads leads to the holster locking up in such a way that the only way to get the gun out is the destruction of the holster.

Maybe not something I'd ever use, but knowing that's a possibility is another big red cross for the ipho.... Serpa.
>>
>>29171930

Only if you carry a Glocknade with 3 integrated safeties.

Other guns are fine as long as they have one safety.
>>
>>29171990
There are a few videos of people shooting themselves while drawing from a serpa with weapons with manual safeties.

Suarez international has a whole thing on why you shouldn't carry in a Serpa. If you want to carry it, go ahead. Just because the Army issues it doesn't mean it's high speed.
>>
in this thread idiots quote anything Gabe Suarez said...

Gabe Suarez- who was such an elite operator that he couldn't pull off a simple slip and fall accident in the shower with his job with LAPD....

Think about that for a second- bus drivers pull this off and walk walk away with money- he got arrested.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.