[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glocks and carrying one in the tube?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_1856.jpg (962 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.jpg
962 KB, 2592x1936
I have a perfectly good Glock 27 in FOTY cal. (dat problem solver doe)
Also have a fullsize beretta 92fs

Prefer to CC beretta (appendix carry) Because i dont trust my glock with one in the tube.
Generally dont trust safetyless pistols to CC.
Constantly feel i might blow my dick off on the draw or ventilate my femoral.
Anyone else feel this way?
I know practice makes perfect, but that retta makes me much more comfortable, even tho its gigantic in comparison. (much easier to see print)

Anybody else feel me on this?
>>
I apologize for the upside down picture. Wtf.
also whats your guy's favorite defense ammo?
>>
Get good solid holster that has good trigger cover.
Observe and be attentive when holstering so you dont retardedly holster some clothing in with the gun as well.
Practice practice practice.

Sure one can argue that having a manual safety is a good safety net of sorts, but if the trigger is depressed at all when resting in a holster or during drawing or re-holstering, something is terribly fucking wrong and a safety net only puts a band aid on that horribly wrong thing going on.

All that said. Go with whatever gun you're comfortable with anyways.
>>
>>29169548
Solid fucking advice.
>>
>Appendix carrying a Beretta 92

No you don't
>>
There's like five levels of retardation goong on ITT.

Not carrying your glock with one in the pipe.

CCing a Beretta 92.

Owning a .40 glock.

Not trusting a safe action pistols AND being afraid of guns "just going off."
>>
File: Horn175CritDuty.jpg (91 KB, 1000x273) Image search: [Google]
Horn175CritDuty.jpg
91 KB, 1000x273
>doesn't trust a trigger safety even though countless OPERATOR OPERATOR OPERATORs and police use it just fine

Unless you're trying to reholster fast, which is fucking retarded, the Glock will do just fine in a proper (read:HARD KYDEX) holster. If it bothers you that much an M&P40c w/ thumb safety could do decent.

Also, try not to type like a nigger.

>>29169539
Federal HST. Pic related in the center, it BTFOs Hornady Critical Derp at left and is a lot less expensive than Barnes TAC-XP/Cor-Bon DPX at right. All .40 since you own a G27.
>>
File: IMG_1863.jpg (331 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1863.jpg
331 KB, 1280x960
>>29169565
>>
File: IMG_1864.jpg (326 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1864.jpg
326 KB, 1280x960
>>29169565
truthfully dont know why all my pics are coming out upside down tho.
>>
>>29169615
>Jersey Mikes
now sit down
>>
>>29169586
Opinion of Liberty Civil defense?
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (313 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
313 KB, 1280x960
>>29169625
im sitting right now lol its totally fine.
>>
>>29169489
>Constantly feel i might blow my dick off on the draw or ventilate my femoral.

Then you shouldn't carry. You lack self confidence in yourself and lack confidence in your equipment. You're not in the Israeli military for fucks sake, carry with your gun fully loaded

I'll help you out
>re-read the basic firearm safety rules
>carry with one in the chamber
>get a good quality kydex holster

You're not some dipshit LEO forced to use a fucking serpa deathtrap, your dick and femoral artery will be intact.
>>
>>29169650
Im perfectly confident with the beretta.
Can draw, de-safety and fire within 1.3 seconds, Im not a pro or anything but its not bad.
But i do hear what youre saying.
>>
>>29169662
I understand your sentiment, I like da/sa myself and it definately does feel better knowing nothing will force a 10lb trigger to go off. I like sigs myself and would like a p239 to carry but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using a striker fired gun and a good kydex holster.

If you really like the beretta but need something smaller, look at the smaller px4's. Good on you for using da/sa, seems like a lot of scrubs talk shit about it because it's "not as easy" to learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoX26OhDCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZplH6zreQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nod5qLlSGUM
>>
>>29169692
good friend of mine carries a PX4 subcompact.
Honestly do NOT like it.
Couldnt really tell you why, but that shit hold 13rds, and personally i find that pretty impressive.
Also have a friend that CCs a Taurus G2, and from what I know of Taurus, dont have much confidence in that. Maybe my skepticism is misplaced but, eh.
>>
>>29169662

>draw, ready, and fire in 1.3 seconds

Im more amazed that you attempted to conceal a 92.
>>
>>29169713
honestly pull it off without too much struggle.
>>
>>29169716

Says you.

I said "attempted."

If only you spent all that time and effort to not be retarded around striker fired firearms.
>>
>>29169738
personal choice is personal choice,
Why you salty bro?
>>
File: 1442746830454.jpg (714 KB, 1490x838) Image search: [Google]
1442746830454.jpg
714 KB, 1490x838
>>29169712
Even though this is pretty big for a 8+1 9mm, try looking into the p239. Sigs have exceptional triggers and more so when you install an SRT. Definately one of the best da/sa cc guns despite its size.
>>
>>29169742

Your personal choice sucks.

Figured I'd be the first one to treat you like an equal and say your shit taste is retarded.
>>
File: youmad.jpg (22 KB, 551x356) Image search: [Google]
youmad.jpg
22 KB, 551x356
>>29169762
>>
>>29169755
I really appreciate the insight, and ill look into it. I used to have FNX .45 beautiful gun, them Belgians really know how to make a firearm.
>>
>>29169713
I'm an average 6' tall 150 lbs and I can conceal a 1911. I do about 4:30 or 5:00 rather than appendix, but it hides just fine on me.
>>
>>29169632
Very light bullets going very fast. Generally shatters and is advertised to fragment, even though fragments don't travel very far if they're not from an explosive, and doesn't go to the FBI 12" minimum in gel. I wouldn't trust it to penetrate enough bone for a proper headshot, to penetrate the spine, or to fully penetrate heart/lung if it hits a rib or the sternum.

They advertise with kinetic energy, even though energy transfer wounding is really only confirmed out of intermediate (5.56/7.62x39) or full size rifle calibers.

Keep in mind that a BB breaking skin takes the same amount of force as a BB going 3-4 inches of gel. 12" in gel is basically 8-9 inches through air-filled lungs and a blood filled heart after breaking the skin, which is definitely reasonable if they're turned sideways or at an angle, or if there's an arm in the way.

They advertise their fragments going 3.5 inches in gel sideways, so that's basically breaking the skin. It won't go 3.5 inches past bone.

There's a reason they don't use fast fragmenting bullets when making dangerous game ammunition to kill elephant or cape buffalo, they use solids to smash through bone and scramble whatever's underneath (hopefully brain).

Solid hollowpoints that stay in one piece while penetrating to twelve inches are still your best bet.
>>
>>29169785
personally dont like to carry 5:00 just cause i feel like if i bend over it either REALLY prints, or is completely exposed. But Im about 6'1" and 145 and I suppose the salty bastards up-top are all short fucks with anger issues.
>>
>>29169548

>Sure one can argue that having a manual safety is a good safety net of sorts, but if the trigger is depressed at all when resting in a holster or during drawing or re-holstering, something is terribly fucking wrong and a safety net only puts a band aid on that horribly wrong thing going on.

That's the fucking point of a safety.
Things go wrong sometimes.
>>
>>29169785

And 1911s are 7 round singlestacks.

1911s conceal very well for their side profile.
>>
>>29169795

>They advertise with kinetic energy, even though energy transfer wounding is really only confirmed out of intermediate (5.56/7.62x39) or full size rifle calibers.

You're thinking of remote wounding due to temporary cavity stretch.
Kinetic energy has no direct relation to hurting people.
>>
>>29169814

9 rounds
>>
>>29169800

You should bend at your knees anyway.
>>
>>29169828
Still prints more than if standing.
>>
>>29169800

Yeah man. You do you.

There's no such thing as pistols, even pistols you OWN that are better suited for concealed carry.

But sure, go expend that effort to conceal a Beretta. It's not like there are any pistols also chambered in 9mm with 15 round flush fit magazines that are both significantly smaller and lighter.
>>
>>29169830

Stand up straight.
>>
>>29169834

>lighter
>good

Enjoy your recoil and limp-wrist malfunctions

>b-but, it makes it easier to carry!
as if you'll notice a few extra ounces attached to your belt
>>
>>29169834
"There's no such thing as pistols,"
You lost me right there, may be misinterpreted?
>>
>>29169489
dunno but I personally wouldn't appendix carry without a safety on a gun. shooting my dick off is too unnerving regardless of how improbable.
>>
>>29169844

>needs a 2lb metal framed pistol to absorb 9mm recoil

How unfortunate. You have both muscular dystrophy AND mental retardation.
>>
>>29169860
RIGHT?! RIIIIIIGHT!?!?!??!
>>
>>29169851

Try reading it while breathing through your nose next time.
>>
>>29169870
The glock is .40 shittard.
>>
>>29169870

>needs a 2lb metal framed pistol to absorb 9mm recoil

Nope, I just enjoy having a better performing handgun.
>>
>>29169877
Hey, Hey, why dont you relax just a littlebit, this is the internet, and theres really no reason to get so upset lol.
>>
>>29169886

>makes retarded decisions
>asks opinion of internet for what they think of those retarded decisions

"lol why you so mad calling my retarded decisions retarded, HOW DARE YOU judge MY retarded decisions with honest criticism"
-you
>>
>>29169489
As long as you are using a holster and dont have a keys or some shit dangling in the way, you are not going to ND into your crotch.
The Glock trigger safety is great (I have a 27 too), so calm down.
If you have to draw and shoot you want to have as few things between you and the gun shooting as possible. So the glock is the way to go.
Safeties have their purpose (obviously), but so long as you are not CCing while in a warzone or doing a lot of free running you dont need one. I pocket carried a .38 spc for a while, never had an issue other than being uncomfortable as fuck when I sat on it. Whats going to pull the trigger? Pocket lint?
>>
>>29169921
gets on post regarding someones personal decisions and rags on them because they cant actually give any honest criticism and resorts to name calling like a 12 year old.
>>
>>29169780
>them Belgians really know how to make a firearm.

sigs are swiss/german/american tho
>>
>>29170153
talkin about FN
>>
>>29169951

>expects a pat on the back for acting retarded on the internet

That's you.
>>
Of course you carry one in the tube

Silly not to

If you keep your finger off the fucking trigger until your sights are on target, you'll have no problems
>>
>>29169489
Are you an actual fucking retard?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.