[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i got a question for you fellas. I'm not one of those THANK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: GLOW_FLAG1_large.jpg (50 KB, 480x332) Image search: [Google]
GLOW_FLAG1_large.jpg
50 KB, 480x332
i got a question for you fellas.

I'm not one of those THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE types, but i show respect to the old timers we have left from WW2 and Korea, and don't try to salute them or anything. But what i have done in the past, like during memorial day, or veterans day is, give them my American flag morale patches off my hat, my bag or my jacket, when they compliment them at waffle house or out shopping.

does anyone else buy cheap fake maxpedition style glow in the dark, PVC Velcro USA flag patches or similar off of ebay or equivalent, just to have a few on hand for the old timers?
>>
>>29125101
No, but this is cringey enough that old people might actually like it so... Good job OP?
>>
>>29125108
it really is cringey? i just like PVC patches, and love stuff the glows in the dark.
>>
>>29125101
You're a faggot.
>>
>>29125248
and you are fucking day/k/are
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 960x720
>>29125288
Combat vet.

I used to give away patches. To little kids on the street in Iraq. Not to grown-ass men who fought in their own war.
>>
Why do grown men wear that shit? There's a guy I work with who wears hats with IR US patches, wears those tactical shell jackets or whatever the fuck they're called with velcro on the shoulder pads, takes his tactical back pack everywhere, with tear off pouches. I don't get it.
>>
>>29125101
I bet you wear Chris Kyle t-shirts
>>
>>29125304
Thank you for your service
>>
>>29125304
Cervix, thanks
>>
>>29125304
What's the metal wishbone?
>>
>>29125355
Do you mean the Legend?
>>
>>29125304
>spurs have never been worn
>in nice shiny presentation box
Up or down? Cuz if up go use them the way they're intended. If down, get the wife to use them on you.
>>
>>29125382
Cavalry "combat" spurs
>>
>>29125410
Uhh why the fuck would a soldier need spurs nowadays? Are they ceremonial?
>>
>>29125304
I WANNA BE IN THE CAVALRY IF THEY SEND ME OFF TO WAR
>>
>>29125365
>>29125371

You're welcome citizens. I didn't spend a year jerking off and pounding energy drinks just for the paycheck. I'm in it for the handshakes, free beers, and easily impressed women.

>>29125382
>>29125410 got it right.

>>29125393
Never worn them. I'm not cav, 11b attachment, the pic is a shadow box my folks made for me after I got home.
>>
>>29125442
Yes they're ceremonial.

In fact the only way to get them is to do a "spur ride" consisting of retarded and dangerous stunts while deployed to a combat zone.
>my spur ride consisted of doing a 48 hour cordon and search in nothing but boots and a jock strap
>no armor, no helmet, no spare ammo
>>
>>29125457
>I'm not cav
THROW THEM AWAY POSER

nah j/k. Neat shadowbox though.
>>
>>29125460
The unit I was attached to gave them every individual under the command. Including a female medic who never left the wire.

First they asked who wanted to buy them, only a handful of people were willing, so they ordered them for the whole company (lol "troop", my bad) and made a whole ceremony of giving them out.
>>
>>29125470
That's fucky.
>>
>>29125476
That's the cav.
>>
>>29125355
never had, never will.
>>29125333
I'm not ashamed of being American, thats why. im not a mall ninja, i have a carhardt jacket, and realtree hat with a velcro patches on them as does my computer bag i got on sale from ebay, and thought why the hell not? its not like I walk around wearing some stolen valor wannabe shit.
>>29125304
they're old men that have no idea about how to use the Internet. i get them for like a buck each from ebay, and it makes them happy to have something like that to the VFW, the Elks lodge, or the range.its helped me get a few off the books jobs, and a chance to go to the range and hoot some of their M1 carbines, 1911's, and other guns as long as i buy my own ammo, that i would never get to shoot, since i dont have any of those. I see it as a networking tool. i get to hear their old war stories, and hang out with them, which is fun. one old guy traded me his zippo he had since Vietnam, since he's the old redneck version of Walt Kowalski.
>>
>>29125304
>cav scout
>silver spurs
Mah nigga
>>
>>29125480
This is true.

Still gonna act all salty you didn't have to earn them though.

>in other news, if you ever really wanna confuse someone when listing your unit get assigned to an LRS under an artillery brigade
"yeah I'm with 2 Panther 2nd battery A troop"
wut
>>
>>29125490
>silver
Nigga go get your eyes checked, those are gold spurs.
>>
>>29125498
>wears glasses
Checked
I guess i cant distinguish silver/gold
>>
>>29125494
Yep. I was LRS company, that's how I ended up attached to cav, since there was no real reconnaissance going on for the deployment C company got split up and attached to A and B troops.

>>29125490
They're not silver and I'm not a cav scout.
>>
>>29125488
You sound like you should join civil air patrol.
>>
>>29125520
Realized that now, it just looks very much like silver on my phone
I honestly wish i was in a squadron instead of a infantry /armor combined unit
>>
>>29125533
CHECKED
is that the thing where you get free civilian pilot training? i might actually be into that. that shit is expensive out of pocket.
>>
>>29125574
get out commie
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.