[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My local gun range got closed down today. http://www.contra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: 1065376-L.jpg (42 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1065376-L.jpg
42 KB, 550x413
My local gun range got closed down today.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_29582846/chabot-gun-range-votes-draws-almost-500

>your range is polluting with lead
>okay we'll raise rates to pay for the lead cleanup
>NOT GOOD ENOUGH FUCK YOU

I feel sick to my stomach
>>
>>29121453

guess your club should have fixed its fucking issues before polluting the earth we stand on and the water we drink.
>>
>>29121511
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>29121511
This is in CA, near the bay area. Are you unironically supporting the gun grabbing liberals, senpai?
>>
>>29121511
there's already a remediation pond. there was a recent law passed requiring more cleanup, and the gun club is willing to pay for the additional equipment
>>
>>29121453
>"It is far better to have a little lead that can be remediated than having it dispensed in the city of Oakland,'' said Randy Lantz, a retired police officer who teaches firearms safety, suggesting closing the range could spur more shootings in city streets.

go prove the man right
>>
This is why I'm voting Trump, if only to antagonize the liberal dipshits who have infested this country.
>>
the best part was that there were like 40-50 cops at the meeting

they were afraid the local gun owners would shoot the place up
>>
>too much noise
Maybe you should have thought about that before fucking moving right next to a gun range.
>>
>>29121683
the range is in the middle of a local wilderness reserve

the people complaining about noise are hikers who want to ruin things for other people so they can control the park
>>
>>29121714
UGI rifle range in concord is also temporarily closed because there was "shrapnal" found near a churh/school a ways away.
>>
>>29121683

Whenever I hear someone complain about range noise, my immediate response is to point out that deregulating suppressors would significantly reduce any noise pollution.

That, or that they should stop being a limp-wristed liberal pussy. Or move to a city if gunfire hurts their delicate sensibilities.
>>
>>29121453
Fuck California
>>
>>29121453
My grandpa taught me to shoot here... what a bummer
>>
>>29121714
>hikers
Is there a reason every single hiker I've ever met was an insufferable douche?
>>
>>29121929
*USI
i'm a club member there. There's going to be some construction and re-orientation of the berm and targets to keep the place open.
>>
>>29121929
It was spalling, and it's a church.

>>29122273
Yeah, wonder how much longer the city's gonna dick them around with the building permits.

>tfw USI is the only public non fudd range for miles
>tfw haven't been able to shoot my guns for almost a year now
>>
guess everyone is going to swarm livermore
fuck
>>
>>29122321
concord/clayton/pleasant hill city councils are fucking with the permits actually, which is why after the earthmovers got to tearing apart the old rifle range berms, they aren't doing anything else yet. can't get them signed because of bullshit "concerns" from councilmen..
>>
>>29122351
thinking the same. it's already been pretty busy for the last few years
>>
>>29122375
>bullshit "concerns" from councilmen..

Translation:They want to sell the land to John Ceeno so he can build more houses.
>>
>>29121614
The whole place is polluted.

It's obviously just them trying to be antigunners under a different guise.
>>
>California
That state is the most retarded state in the USA
They fucking ruled that Little Caesars had to tuck in the pointy ends of their bread sticks because someone tried to stab someone with one...
>>
>>29122392
well, something similar happened to Sharps Park over in Pacifica. fragments or something in a church a couple blocks away down a hill, and they were shut down rather than allowed to rebuild. the rebuild permit was approved in 1988/89 or something but was blocked by the county and protestors over some endangered species that was found in the area. keep in mind that Sharps was on a rocky hill overlooking an ocean, with no real habitats around when it was constructed in the 70's, and like airports has to have inspections every year to make sure they aren't polluting or endangering wildlife - they passed them all.
>>
>city vote to shut down their business
thanks big brother :)

This reminds me of retards that moved next to Laguna Seca then bitched that race cars were loud, so they had to limit db output to race there.
>>
>>29121453
It's not closed unless it's demolished you illiterate faggot.
>Hurr durr we lose because nobody cares.
200+ people showed up to oppose the closing if you actually read it.
>>
>>29121511
>lead
>polluting
I'ma say this once, you can't pollute the Earth with shit you took out of the Earth.
>>
>>29121625
>trump is hitler
>if you elect trump it'll be like nazi germany
>trump is fascist
>trump is kkk

Basically libtards are acting like conservatives did in 2008.
>>
>>29122723
You can however over-concentrate things.
>>
>>29122740
That won't really impact the Earth in any meaningful way, only the lbshits that infest it.
>>
>>29122738
>trump is kkk

The KKK does support Trump. That's gonna cost him some points, regardless of whether or not he wants said support.
>>
>>29122757
People forget that the KKK endorsed Obama.
>>
>>29122686
you're literally retarded, right
>>
>>29122751
I imagine it would effect the water in the area.
op should be part of the solution and go mine berms for lead.
>>
>>29122771
Forgot about that, what was the reason again? Something about if a black guy got elected there would be a race war for sure?
>>
>>29122450
happened to Pacific Rod and Gun as well, out near Merced. city closed it last year. Coyote Park in San Mateo was closed because of lead contamination protests, despite the club saying they'll remediate, convert to an indoor range, and pay for the clean up. City said "no" and shut them down.

The Chabot club is on city owned land, and the range is "incompatible" with other recreational stuff in the area that was constructed afterwards. Back in the 90's and earlier it wasn't an issue because there was fucking nothing out there but hills and grass.

I kinda wish an enviro engineer would speak up, but i'm pretty sure non-elemental lead, like lead in bullets, isn't the issue. it's the lead powder that gets dispersed in the ground and water table, and that can't happen easily because proper berm construction uses multiple barriers to prevent run off and contamination (plastic sheets, cement, et c). as well as filters.
>>
>>29122686
Chabot was given a year to wind down operations. It's a permanent closure.
>>
>>29122781
It's a non-event, commiefornians only drink bottled water which itself pollutes the planet anyway.

>>29122786
Nobody knows. Pretty sure most KKK members are old enough for dementia.
>>
>>29122786
no, that if niggers continued to act like niggers, then there was no fucking excuse that the white man was keeping them down.
>>
>>29122802
>commiefornians only drink bottled water
as a commiefornian, I very rarely drink bottled water.
those "environmentally friendly" reusable bottles are all the rage with hipsters here
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.