[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sig P220 (worn) vs S&W 4566TSW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Trade Offers.jpg (931 KB, 1920x2192) Image search: [Google]
Trade Offers.jpg
931 KB, 1920x2192
Hey guys, I'm trading my SP101 4.2" for one of these guns I think. I'm leaning towards the Sig because there's a lot more parts for it probably, should something break. I traded a .45 for the SP101 so I'm looking to trade up for another .45.

The S&W is more interesting and cooler, but I don't know that it's worth $550 whereas the Sig is probably worth $550 even in worn condition. The sig is a W. German for what it's worth and comes with 3 Mags.

Which would you trade for, and do you think the Sig is worth $600 in its current condition?
>>
Get the SIG.
>>
>>29120395
is the pic the actual guns in question or just pics off the internet?
>>
>>29120512

Nah, actual pics from the guys.
>>
File: P220-2.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
P220-2.jpg
477 KB, 1920x1080
>>29120395

Other side of the Sig. Thing looks pretty beat but... I don't know, it's a Sig .45. Wish I knew more about Sigs right now.
>>
personally id take the smith cause its neat and that sig looks pretty well used and modified.
i dont trust customized guns unless the price is low enough that the risk is worth it.
however if you actually like those mods go for the sig.
>>
>>29120395
I would go with the Sig and then I would replace those disgusting rubber grips with some original Sig plastic ones, and then swap out the disgusting retro sights with original bar-dot sights like it would have come with originally.

The Smith and Wesson is a nice gun, but the Third Gens are not cool enough to compare with the Sig. Now if it were a Second Gen like the S&W 645, I might give a different answer.
>>
>>29120649
>i dont trust customized guns
Actually, that's a good point. It's not unheard of for a gun to have been worked on by an incompetent gunsmith so that the aftermarket sights you find on it are the only ones that will fit, unless you use loctite.
>>
>>29120654
>with some original Sig plastic ones

sigs dont have plastic sights you mong
>>
>>29120701
Re-read the sentence you quoted from. Read the FULL sentence.
>>
>>29120701
He is recommending ditching the Hogue grips for PLASTIC SIG GRIPS
and GETTING OG BAR DOT SIGHTS
>>
OP here again. Basically, what I want to know, because I want the S&W and not the Sig, is this:

>Is that S&W worth $500-500?

>Is that Sig worth $500-500 in that condition or would it take forever to sell if I don't like it
>>
>>29120886
Go with the S&W
>>
>>29120886
>>Is that S&W worth $500-500?

>>29120654 here.

There are a lot of Third Gens you can find in the $300-350 range. The cheaper guns are more beat up, usually police trade-ins, but their presence in the market seems to make buyers feel that they are entitled to cheap S&W Third Gens. That said, the Tactical S&W models tend to command a premium. I'm less familiar with this exact model than I am with the Sig, but with three magazines and given the cosmetic condition, you may be getting the better value with this one...

That said, it may actually be harder to re-sell this one because there's not a huge market for them, and many the people who know about them believe that they are $300 guns. Everybody wants a Sig, though.

>>Is that Sig worth $500-500 in that condition or would it take forever to sell if I don't like it
Flat answer: No. With those goofy sights and the gross Hogue rubber grips, I wouldn't pay more than $425 for that gun. It might even sell for as low as $400 with the right haggling. The condition of the frame rails will affect value here, and if they are jet black (in good condition), then it may be worth a bit more, but most likely, you're getting a worse value on the Sig.
>>
The Sig's a better gun but the S&W is worth more and in better condition. It's what I'd go for if we're just talking trade value.

Trade-in P220s with the original sights are $450-500 pretty reliably. Those 1960s bullseye sights have to go, and seeing those sights on modern guns makes me think someone probably fucked with the trigger as well. I had a 1911 that was set up in the '90s as a '60s target pistol and the action was all fucked up.
>>
>>29121037

This is the answer I'm looking for. I dated the serial on the Sig to 92/93 so, it's pretty old and beat up and probably at least could use a recoil spring.

I'm sure I could get $500 out of the S&W to the right buyer, but I don't know enough about them, don't know about parts availability and would probably like a more common gun.

I'll wait for some other .45 trade offers. Thanks.
>>
>>29120395
That Sig was a police trade-in that an old man bought for $429 last year and decided to make it look like the target pistol he owned in 1970.
>>
>>29121084
>don't know about parts availability

It's a modern-ish S&W. Parts aren't a problem.
>>
>>29120395
>do you think the Sig is worth $600 in its current condition?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=798734
>>
>>29121084
>I dated the serial on the Sig to 92/93 so, it's pretty old and beat up and probably at least could use a recoil spring.
The date doesn't mean anything, and the P220 in question doesn't look any more beat up than the average West German P220. They have a matte blued finish which wears thin from holster wear rather elegantly. The frame has some dings, but doesn't look that bad. A new recoil spring is $5. I maintain that it's the better gun, just not the better value, in terms of Blue Book value.

>don't know about parts availability
Don't buy a gun based on this. Handguns that are made right (like Sigs and Smiths are) rarely have a parts breakage.
>>
>>29121135

Can't view it without an account.
>>
File: Sig Advert.jpg (136 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
Sig Advert.jpg
136 KB, 1024x1009
>>29121528
For Sale - in Connecticut, but willing to ship. $475.00

Police trade in... shows handling, but shot very little. Made in Germany in 1999. One factory magazine and one brand new Mec Gar magazine.

Hogue grips are installed, but the factory stocks are included. This gun has factory #8 sights front and rear, so it shoots to point-of-aim vice the typical "combat sight picture" that most Sig's have. Quite consistent and accurate.

The roll pins are in immaculate condition. Springs are pretty new. All service was conducted approximately three years ago. The P220 has never malfunctioned on me. I rarely shoot this pistol and it is taking up space. More pictures are available-just ask. Please send any questions my way. If you're interested in paying, I am willing to ship.
>>
>>29120647
>>29120395
does the sig come with anything else? or just that 1 mag? all things being equal , i would pick the SIG....BUT i dont like the sights on it. the S&Ws are really nice and have their own cult following, they can be hard to find. it comes with holsters and more mags in the pics, and actually nice non snag carry sights. so i would go with the S&W if we are taking the pics at face value
>>
File: smith 4506.jpg (62 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
smith 4506.jpg
62 KB, 800x537
>>29120886
go with what you want friend. S@W autos can vary in price but that's a fairly average one. is the condition good and does it come with anything else?
If it makes you feel better both of these arne exactly rare and you could get the other later. probably more so the sig then the smith
>>
>>29121801

Damn, that's a nice one. I want a steel S&W in 9mm or .45, but not really for $550. Deals on them are much harder to come by these days it seems.
>>
+1 for the S&W
>>
If OP doesnt get the TSW this board has failed us all
>>
>>29122598

I want it, but the SP101 is worth $550 all day. I just emailed him saying I'm unsure about the value of the TSW, so we'll see. I'm hoping.

I've never seen a good price on a nice steel-frame S&W online, especially not a TSW, but some people swear there are deals out there. I barely see any.
>>
>>29121665

Seems like a good price, like $525 OTD after transfer. I thought 220s would be more expensive than 226/227s in similar condition.
>>
>>29123486
theres a lack of demand for 220s
they are not bad guns but most people willing to settle for a single stack 45 want 1911s
>>
>>29123507

Oh, I didn't know 220s were single stack. The grip looks pretty big for a single stack, but maybe it's not.
>>
>>29123519
220s are noticeably thinner than their double stack counterparts of the same caliber.
>>
>>29122635
SP101's go for $450, bro.
>>
>>29123546

might want to read the OP
>>
>>29123557
All I got out of the OP was that he doesn't know the values of guns. He doesn't know the value of his own gun either.
>>
>>29124383

You're stupid
>>
>>29124452
Nice manners, kid.
>>
>>29123546
>>29124383

It's the 4.2" model.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5771.html
>>
>>29124474
nobody pays rugers full retail
gunbrokers got the 4.2 around 540-640 knock off some cash cause its used and 450 is in the right ballpark

your 550 assumes you can get new pricing on a used gun
>>
>>29124545

Guess you've never sold a gun before? This is like-new and $50 cheaper than buying a new one.
>>
>>29124562
ive sold plenty and like new means nothing
its still used
you are overvaluing your gun and unable to estimate the worth of whats offered to you
still if the buyer and seller reach an understanding it is what it is.
im sure if you waited long enough some idiot would pay 600 for your gun
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.