[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't I buy a PS90?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 660x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 660x422
Why shouldn't I buy a PS90?
>>
>>29102657
Pointless without full retard switch.
>>
>>29102657
this
>>29102665
>>
>>29102665
If you have a gen 1 trigger pack, you could get in some major trouble if a spring rattled loose...
>>
>>29102657
5.7mm was designed to be high velocity out of a short barrel, therefore it reaches relativistic speed out of that barrel
>>
>>29102657
Get one, no issues outa mine and its been 800+ rounds
>>
If you get it consider SBR'ing it. They're fun little range toys
>>
I imagine it would be great for shooting yotes and varmint. I'd get one if I wasn't stuck with magazines pinned to 5.

I think that's one reason it's not banned, just so the RCMP can laugh at the cruel irony.
>>
>>29102657
>semi auto
>long barrel on a PDW
>$1/Rd
>>
>>29103020
Do you even look for deals?
>>
>>29103020
34c a round I found. http://www.smokeymountainmunitions.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=fed57x284050ae5728a&404;http://www.smokeymountainmunitions.com:80/Federal_5_7x28mm_40gr_FMJ_50rd_Box_p/fed57x284050ae5728a.htm=
>>
>>29102676
>gen 1 trigger pack
Gen 2s also have that terrible spring problem
>>
>>29104577
So do Gen 3s with aftermarket hammers.

I'm glad the ATF finally did something with the Gen 4 packs to take machine guns off the street. :^)
>>
>>29102657
Because they're ludicrously expensive for what is, essentially, a straight blowback .22 WMR?

>inb4 MUH SPECIAL ROUNDS

You can't buy them. For civvies, it's just trading whether or not you want a special snowflake gun that's over a grand.
>>
I probably wouldn't buy a PS90 unless I was planning to SBR it if I lived in a free state.

In it's Title 1 form it's a neat range toy but nothing special. As a Title 2 SBR it could make for a good home defense rifle but I'm not too sure how that would work out in court since DAs in certain states have a history of trying to ruin peoples lives when they use NFA guns in self-defense.

5.7x28 would be a lot cheaper if the Germans didn't veto it's adoption by NATO after 4.6x30 was tested and it was concluded it was ballistically inferior compared to 5.7 for NATO's intended applications.

For now 5.7 will remain a niche, but prices are coming down and the cartridge does have merit.
>>
>>29102657

Because unless you plan to SBR it, you're just a tryhard with a pretend gun.
>>
>>29105116
You can purchase 5.7x28 rounds easily off the internet.
But the fact of the matter is one would not want it because 5.7x28 is quite pathetic- even a .22 WMR round carries more energy at the muzzle than 5.7x28.
>>
File: still waiting on a flash hider.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
still waiting on a flash hider.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Get one.
SBR one.
>>
>>29106145
my nigga. is that yours?
>>
>>29106605
Yep.
Has the flash hider now.
>>
>>29106696
>tfw waiting for Gemtech to restock their P90 style suppressor mount

Filled out a Form 4 on a G5-T today. Looking forward to using it on my SBR once the Form 1 gets approved.
>>
>>29106099
I wasn't saying you can't buy 5.7, it's that you can't buy the AP rounds.

Honestly, the only reason as a civilian to buy a PS90 is because you like the look of the P90. There are better options for practical use in just about every way if you can't have it be short barreled, full-fun and use the AP rounds, so get one if you like the look. Otherwise, just get something else.
>>
>>29102657
5.7 a shit
>>
>>29107263
In a pistol, yes. Put it through a full length barrel and it is really effective.
>>
>>29107132
how do you do the SBR/silencer paperwork? Do you go into the gunshops to do this?

>captcha: Hell President
>>
>>29102676
>>29104577
>>29104595
is the malfunction......consistent
>>
I sbr'd mine for muh home defense.

I'm in a townhouse for two years for work so overpenetration is a thing.

I used to just use a glock 19 thinking a pistol would be more mobile, but after a drunkard started pounding on my door yelling at his wife, I realize that I happen to fumble pistols when I wake up in fight or flight mode in the middle of the night.

I'm trying to find a can I like for it and I'm toying with the idea of replacing my shitty bushnell dot for an aimpoint
>>
>>29108002
Very consistent, and strangely controllable.
>>
5.7 is trash unless it's being fired at 900 rpms and 50 round magazines AND using the $4 a round AP ammo

THEN it's a useful caliber
>>
>>29102765
>Relativistic speeds
No
>>
>muh no armor piercing ammo for civilians
>muh overpriced .22 magnum
>muh no full auto makes it useless

If you have ever made any of these criticisms, you are guaranteed to own less than five guns and highly likely to own none at all.
>hurr durr I can only see guns in the scope of their PRAKTIKUL TAKTIKUL applications where I live out my mall ninja fantasies
There are so many reasons you could have for wanting any given gun and you armchair commando fags can only focus on the one reason that is least likely to ever be applicable, which is your fat ass doing tactical barrel rolls down hill firing armor piercing bullets full auto out of your P90.

I bought one because I can afford it and I think they're awesome and would be fun to shoot and that's all the reason I need.
>>
>>29110352
I've got 15 guns (I think? Sorry, not at home, can't see the safe), but I've only got one gun made since 1960.

Best I have is M/94 and M/96 Mausers. Next purchase is going to be a M1894 Krag. 6.5x55 is the best.

So, yeah, I have money for guns, and I'm not spending it on a gun that I a. find uncomfortable and b. is a glorified .22 WMR that c. is fucking ugly.
>>
>>29110352
Standard ammo will penetrate kevlar, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 488x516
>>29110785
Then your presence will be much appreciated over in your shitty milsurp threads where you pore over every inch of your nuggets looking for a spot of rust or dent so you can fantasize about them being bullet strikes or blood pitting.

>>29110814
Who gives a shit, I'm never going to shoot it at kevlar and you won't either.
>>
>>29110843
By that logic who gives a shit about anything if all you'll ever do is shoot at paper in a controlled sterile environment?
>>
>>29110851
I think you mean rotten produce, rocks, and steel in the woods.

Which my PS90 will do very well while being 20 times cooler and more fun than a .22 magnum, once it arrives at my FFL.

Why so anti-fun?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.