[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your imaginary nation's armed forces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Flag.jpg (24 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
Flag.jpg
24 KB, 900x500
If you had your own country, what kinds of weapons would its armed forces use?

As an example, Astrachian Armed Forces

Sidearms
>Beretta 92FS (Army and Navy)
>Colt 1911 (Marine Corps)
>Sig P226 (Air force)
>H&K USP (.45 for Special Forces, .40 S&W for Internal troops)

Assault/Battle rifles
>M16 (A1 for Air Force, A3 for Army, A4 for Marine Corps and Navy) Carbines variants also included
>FN SCAR (-H with Army, -L in small numbers with Marine Corps
>MK14 (Battle rifle/DMR multi-role, all branches)
>SA80 (L85 and L86 variants for Air Force, special purpose weapon

Machine Guns
>M60 (Base model in the army, E4 in Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force)
>FN Minimi (Small numbers in the Marine Corps)
>FN MAG (Infantry use in the Marine Corps, mounted coaxially on vehicles)

DMR/Sniper rifles
>SVD (Standard in all branches)
>Remington 700 (Standard in all branches)
>Barrett M82 (Used by Navy)
>Barrett M98B (Limited use by Marine Corps)

Shotguns
>Remington 870 MCS (Standard issue)
>Benelli M4 (Used by Marine Corps)

Explosive ordnance
>M203 (Standard issue, planned to be replaced by M320 in the future)
>RPG-7V2 (Standard issue)
>MK153 SMAW (Limited use by Marine Corps)
>MBT LAW (Limited use by Air Force)
>FIM-92 Stinger (Planned successor to older SA-18's
>>
I wanted to go down the list of why you're a retarded faggot, but the instant I saw "m16a1" I knew I'd be wasting time. Fuck off, don't come back.
>>
>>29081912
The M16A4 will replace all M16 variants at some point in the future
>>
>>29081942
How bout you fucking replace it NOW you half witted cuck, instead of wasting all your money buying eitght different types of pistols and scars to "special" soldiers like this is fucking COD
>>
>>29081977
We will eventually, We have already stopped manufacturing new ones, so eventually the A1 will be completely replaced. Same with the A3, but until the A4. The A4 is already in use by all branches, but until they're used by all the trooops, it's not considered the standard issue.
>>
>>29082017
>we're only literally 60 years behind the world and continually wasting money on frivolous weapons systems that fail to deliver and three different calibers for five different pistols, cut us some slack!
Can you tell me where ass-trachea is so I can invade it, steal your stuff and then burn your cities to the ground, before promptly leaving as the land the "nation" was built on is clearly cursed by the witch doctor of stupid?
>>
>>29082198
We're located about 900 kilometers off the U.S east coast. And you really think that our defenses would crumble because of 3 differing pistol calibers?
>>
>>29082262
Yes, in fact I do think that your armed forces would crumble under the artificially created weight of poor resource management, terrible logistics, obsolete weapons, troop inequality and foolish leadership
>>
>>29082427
How exactly would you attack us, then?
>>
>>29081895
What the fuck, you have 3 different pistols with 3 different calibers, 4 different rifles, 3 different LMG's and several different anti tank weapons.

What is the logic in that? Commonality? lol fuck u soldier boi, you dont get proper logistics.
>>
>>29082441
>How exactly would you attack us, then?
From the air since you seem to have focused on ground forces.
>>
>>29081912
This
>>
>>29082751
Well, the newer LMGs are in use in only limited numbers, and are in queue to replace the older M60, basically in experimental use. Same with the Anti-tank weapons, we have already purchased new ones, while the older ones are still in use, but in smaller numbers.

>>29082775
I've only listed the infantry weapons here, we do have AA-weapons and fighter aircraft to counter any air assault
>>
>>29081895
please stop making this thread
>>
>>29082441
With guns that aren't sixty years old.
>>
>>29082823
>fighter aircraft to counter any air assault
What aircraft? How large is this country? What is its GDP? How good is your Navy? Can it prevent a blockade?

You seem to be neglecting cost and logistics here, you need to keep things as simple as possible instead of throwing every platform you can think of at the problem.
>>
File: FRN.png (4 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
FRN.png
4 KB, 600x300
>>29081895
I actually like these threads. Good fun.

Republic of Norbotten, Civil Defense Forces:

Sidearm:
>Glock 20

Assault Rifles:
>FN FNC, AK5C variant (Option One)
>HK416 (Option 2)
>IWI Tavor (Limited to Special Forces and Police)

Machine Guns:
>FN MAG (Infantry and Mounted Use)
>M2 HMG (Mounted Use)

Marksman Rifles:
>Steyr Scout ("Sniper" Use)
>Stoner SR-25 (Designated Marksman Use)

Shotguns:
>Mossberg 590
>Franchi SPAS-15

Explosive Ordinance:
>SMAW (Anti-Tank)
>FIM-92 "Stinger" (Anti-Air)
>Milkor M32 (Multipurpose Grenade Launcher)
>>
>>29082847
If this is about the A1, we used in as standard issue for until early 2000's I think, and manufactured it for until 2010, so the A1's currently in use are quite newly made.

>>29082854
Most of them are still older MiG-29's but they're being replaced by the F/A-18:s. Our GDP is around 340,000 or so. Our Navy is fairly average, I doubt it could prevent a blackade by the U.S, but I bet they could at least make it too difficult to hold off for too long.

>>29082886
This is why I make these threads
>>
Came here to call OP a faggot. Small arms are literally the least relevant aspect of a military. Before deciding anything, you'd need to know
>Budget
>manpower
>strategic locations
>potential foes
>focus (offensive or defensive)
>political alignment - who is your ally

Beyond that, literally every category of equipment is more relevant than small arms.
>>
>>29082958
Well, I have thought of them (to some extent)
>Budget: about 50% of total tax revenue plus other sources of income, it varies
>Manpower: Around 100 000 on active service, with another 350 000 on reserve
>We have a few garrisons around the mainland, with a couple on some islands nearby. A small base is also located in south pacific (a remnant from WW2, which acts basically as a testing ground for new weapons etc.
>Potential foes are (at the moment) Islamic radicals, no knowledge of any threats to the mainland as of yet.
>Our main focus is obviously defensive, but we have taken part in the Iraq war and the Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan for a few years
>Our allies are the U.S, Canada, U.K and Finland, and we have a sort of a love-hate relation for Russia as well.
>>
>>29081895
I want a shithole in West Africa
>Sidearms
HK USP

>Rifles
M16A3
M4A1
MP5 (not rifle, but hey)

>LMG
M240B
M249 SAW

>Marksman
M21 EBR
M24

Give me some hand me down M-60 tanks and some M113s and I'll squish the communist rebels and various protestors.
>>
>>29083123
Poland?
>>
>>29083193
And Poland, too, forgot to mention them
>>
>>29082886

Expanding RoN.

Norbotten's a country formed as a United Scandinavia. Bordering us is Russia and the European Union to the South, which we did not join.

I don't want to do the Math on Budget or Manpower. But these countries are already relatively rich, and the new gov't gives great incentive to enlist. In Wartime, conscription is placed into effect.

>Potential Threats:
Russian Federation, Islamic Extremists.

>Main Focus
We're basically Switzerland with even better Gun Laws. Not been to war and don't intend to, but we're well prepared.

>Allies
We maintain a healthy but distanced relationship with the rest of the EU. Good relationship with The United States.
>>
>>29081895
Fuck off back to Nation States you sped
>>
The only correct posting
>G19
>R1
>R4
>FN MAG
>SSR Mk.20
>NTW20
>Neostead 2000
>Carl Gustav M4
>RPG26
>>
>>29081895
Go away
>>
>>29083579
No
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 220x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 220x327
>>29081895

Cascadian Enforcer/Navy/Air Corps
>Standard Rifle
FNC
>Side Arm
FN Five-seveN
>Designated Marksman Rifle
FN FAL
>Sniper Rifle
AWP

>LMG
240B

>MBT
M1A3 Abrams

>Light Tank
M48A5 Patton

>APC
LAV-25 or Strikers

>Armored Car
Panhard Crab

>Helocopters
Blackhawks and Chinooks

>Airplane
F22 Raptor

>CAS Plane
A-10 brrrrrt

Cascadian Foreign Legion
>Standard Rifle
FNC
>Pistol
FN Five-seveN
>DMR
FN FAL
>Sniper Rifle
AWP

>amount of autism in my post
Over 9000
>>
File: yes2.png (25 KB, 298x329) Image search: [Google]
yes2.png
25 KB, 298x329
United nations of dumblr
weapons:
>none, just triggers
>>
File: eu!eunrd.gif (1 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
eu!eunrd.gif
1 KB, 324x216
Sidearms
>FN 57
>Glock 20 (Conscripts)

Assault/Battle rifles
>SCAR H
>SCAR L (paras)
>HK 416
>FNC ( Conscripts )
>ak5C
>F2000

PDW
>P90 (Paras)
>CZ3a1

Machine Guns
> M240B
>M249 ( Paras)

DMR Sniper rifle
>FN Ballista
>L96
>Barret m82
>Barret m98b

Shotguns
>Remington 870 MCS
>FN TPS ( Paras)

Shotguns
>MBT LAW
>FIM-92 Stinger
>xm25 Airbust

Very vague list

Foes :
Israel
United States
Great Sunni republic (Saudi Arabia)

Allies :
Russia
Iran
Northern African Union (Morocco , Algeria , Lybia)

Russian founded revolution have led all major European government being overthrown .
>>
Slavistan
Sidearms
>tokarev TT
>CZ 52
>CZ 75
>CZ 97
Assault/Battle rifles
>ak 47
>ak 74
>AEK 971
>AN 94
>Dragunov SVD
Machine guns
>Nyet, rifle is fine
Shotguns
>Saiga
Uniform
>15 land mines
>11 gas masks all worn at same time
>track suit
>beret
Other
>kebab skewer
>cigarettes
>vodka
>100 round AK magazines
>bogrolls
Theres only one branch, the Cyka-corps
They arrive by tank, submarine, or jet, all funded by chechen slaves
>>
>>29082914
Listen dude. What you need to do is pretend that you're India and go out with that basis. What you have now is just stupid fanfiction bullshit.
>>
>>29085409
What are you talking about?
>>
How does your french communist nova-Scotia island afford a marine corps?
>>
>>29085639
Tax, donations, etc.
>>
>>29085584
Your nation is a fucking retarded mess wrought with continuity errors and shitty decisions.

If you want anyone to ever take these threads seriously you need to bin this and start again.
>>
>>29085731
Do tell me about your nation. That's what this thread is for, anyway
>>
Entirely MiG-25 based military.
>>
>>29082886
>literally no close range power whatsoever

Looks like those Russians are going to win.
>>
>>29085834
How about you never talk about your nation ever again and let people make their own then?
>>
>>29087020
I'm not preventing anyone from making their own nation, I'm just presenting my own nation as an example
>>
Salt Weapon
>M16A4
>nothing else because fuck you it works
Machinegun
>upscaled M16A4 to .50 BMG and has a nice fat box mag, cooled by pouring water over the barrel when it turns red-hot
>don't need anything else because it is best gun
Sidearm/Handguns
>AR pistols
Battle Rifle
>M1 Garand with M16 furniture to confuse enemies
Shotgun
>underbarrel shotgun to allow versatility (we haven't bought these yet so fer now just use your trusty double barrel)
Things that boom
>underbarrel grenade launcher
>home-made "dynamite" built from kitchen and garage supplies
>sometimes we take the rejects from the reloading factory (yes we collect our brass, trying to save the environment too assholes) and throw them at our enemies in hopes that they pick it up and really cause some unnecessary wear on their rifle (it's a long war lads gotta think ahead, plus psy-ops when they realize their rifles are good for 500 rounds less between mean failures)
Vehicles
>Ford F150
>lifted Ford F150
>eight semi trucks if Jimmy decides to join us, he owns a driving service
Extra Shit
>uniform is brown coat over denim overalls over white shirt, for hot days you can take off the coat but don't lose it
>official drink is Budweiser
>the confederate flag is our battle standard
>being a little drunk is not only allowed but encouraged since it makes you aim better, as science has proven
>no training required to shoot a firearm, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>main enemy are pests, deer (during deer season), and the government
>NO anime-watchin faggots, no Hollywood faggots, no Yankee faggots, and no faggot faggots
>>
File: aaaa.png (46 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
46 KB, 800x400
Sidearms
>Tokerev TT33, Makarov PM (Conscripts)
>MR-443, MP-444 (Regular Army)
>FN FiveseveN (Presidential Guard)

Assault/Battle rifles
>AKM, AKMS, AK-74 (Conscripts)
>Locally Made AK-74M in choice of 5.45x39, 5.56x45, or 7.62x39 (Regular Army)
>Locally Made AKS-74U, Gold or Platinum Plated, in choice of 5.45x39, 5.56x45, or 7.62x39 (Presidential Guard)

Machine Guns
>DSHk (Conscript Vehicles)
>NSV (Regular Army Vehicles)
>PKM, RPK (Ground Forces: All Branches)

DMR/Sniper rifles
>Locally Made Mauser, Mosin-Nagant 91/30, SKS (Conscripts)
>Dragunov SVD (Regular Army)

Explosive ordnance
>GP-25, RPG-7, RPG-18, SA-7, SA-18 (All Branches)

Armor
>T-34, T-55 (Conscripts)
>T-62, T-72, T-80, T-90 (Regular Army)
>M1 Abrams (Elite Units)

Extra Shit
>Woodland Camo: US Woodland
>Desert Camo: US 6-Color Desert
>Snow Camo: All White
>Urban Camo: Grayscale 6-Color Desert
>Conscripts are part of semi-autonomous provincial militias, this is to keep the regular army in check and serve as an insurgency in the even of foreign occupation
>Presidential Guard, like that of Gaddaffi, is all female
>>
>>29081895
Spam buy cheap AF AK 74 rifles, AKMs, SVDs off russian military.
Hopefully with the funds they get they'll invest in issuing their troops with AN 94 and AEK 971 rifles.
>>
>>29088466
So is the Regular Army like the professional, volunteer force unlike the conscripts?
Also, why give them 74s?
Just asking because that could be more 5x45mm going to your regulars.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.