[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have issues with hoarding ammunition? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: Hoard.jpg (766 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
Hoard.jpg
766 KB, 1024x689
Does anyone else have issues with hoarding ammunition?

I'm 22, make 60k a year, and have very few expenses. I spend at least 5-6 hundred on ammo each month. I haven't even gone shooting that much this winter, and yet I feel compelled to keep stocking up. So far I have about 5k rounds of 7.62x39, 1500 rounds of 7.62x54r, 1000 rounds of 8mm Mauser, and 2-3k of 9mm.
>>
Sounds like where I am hoping to be this time ish next year
>>
>>29077056
I'd have an issue if I wasn't so poor.

Pls gib 54r.
>>
It could be a psychological issue, but you're not harming anyone and it's not harming you too badly financially, so eh. There are worse vices to have.

And to answer your question, no I don't have that problem. Mine is quite the opposite actually. If I have disposable income, I'd rather spend it on a new gun for the collection, but I don't have any ammo. Like right now, I literally have 15 9mm hollow points, and that's pretty much it.
>>
you've only been stocking for 4 months? you'll grow out of it
I did the same with 22LR buying it every time it popped up for a decent price
finally stopped when I got into the 5 digits
>>
>>29077056
>I'm 22, make 60k a year
how?
>>
>>29077083

Oh I also buy a new gun almost every month too. 10 months ago I had zero funs. Now I have 8.
>>
>>29077095

I fell for the STEM meme, and work in the semiconductor industry. I have an Associates in applied science, and got hired right out of school.
>>
After I buy my spring break plane tickets imgonna buy a spam can or two of 54r for $120 each. Good deal /k?
>>
>>29077132
Well Imma go look into that. my other idea was instrument tech and there is no way in hell I'm staying in comp sci
>>
>>29077132
>STEM meme
>60k at 22
Unless you went to a college that left you with over 100k of debt I think you're in a pretty good place.
Also some advice, pay your loans off as quickly as you can, the interest will fuck you if you only pay the minimum each month.
>>
>>29077132
You just have an associates and you make that much bank. Wow, I'm jelly. Good for you, anon. I might have to change my major.
>>
>>29077132
>dropped outta school to learn a trade
>it pays 60k starting
>cant find a job
JUST
>>
File: 1918206_460s.jpg (30 KB, 450x397) Image search: [Google]
1918206_460s.jpg
30 KB, 450x397
I've watched every desktop support guy start at 32k and move up in a few years to 55-60k just by learning on the job and get into administration. I see a lot of people that believe they deserve 60k out of the gate and that just isn't realistic...
>>
>>29077167
Which trade?
>>
>>29077241
wastewater treatment
>>
I'm hoping to graduate with my CCNA by this time next year
>>
>>29077056
So like, you've been spending $500 a month for 3 months?
Impressive.
>>
File: 1371699159121.png (30 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
1371699159121.png
30 KB, 291x200
I hoard guns and have no ammo. Maybe we could be bros.

Im 20 and also make 60k a year, promotion in about 4 months and I will be at 80k. Tbh I'd like to buy some land but my state has stupid expensive land so realistically I will never get my own land to shoot on.

>pic related
>>
>>29077095
I make $100k a year as a carpenter foreman. Was making $40 an hour by the time I was 21.
School was free, and I started at 40% pay earning a lot of money with OJT while I was in school.
It's called union trade school.
>>
Hoarding ammo fucking rules.
>>
>>29077246
Wow...
The company I currently work for pays $17 an hour to start, for wastwater treatment and they train you. No paying for school.
Top pay is $21 for A-Level.

But of you're not a lazy turd, the union carpenters on the nuclear plant are making $55 an hour, and $66 an hour for 3rd shift. And all you have to do is set concrete forms and not be retarded.
>>
>>29077164

I made it through school with only 4k in student loans. I only have about 2.5k left.
>>
>>29077317
you are a carpenter? i did an online class and an internship then got certified, just no plants hiring right now. theres crazy money to be made in nuclear plants
>>
>>29077056
>Does anyone else have issues with hoarding ammunition?
There is literally nothing wrong. It's a natural human instinct to hoard useful or valuable shit if you can. Hoards trash and shit would be a problem though.Also it hardly sounds like you're hoarding. 10k+ in each centerfire caliber *might* be hoarding but even then...
>>
>>29077246
fucking why
>>
>>29077370
Yes, union trade school.
Four years of school, but I was being paid journeyman rate after two years while I was still an apprentice, because I am an excellent mechanic and the super made me foreman. Then when I turned out I got $5 over scale, foreman's pay.

There are a lot of dumb fucks in the trades though, so it made it easy for me to rise to the top. I have an IQ of 145, and I have the opposite of ADD.

I should have been an electrician. They make $10 more an hour.
>>
>>29077432
they make a lot of money where i am and its a very interesting and easy job

>>29077448
im looking into starting another trade, i was thinking electrician. still need to figure out how to get started
>>
>>29077468
Join a union.

Networking is the best way to go. Do you know anyone in the trades? I am lucky because my grandpa was business agent for our union back in the 60s.
I worked with my dad at first, and he is a well respected foreman. But I have got friends into the trade, and they were able to land jobs.

Operating Engineers is fine too.
The surveyors make a lot and are in big demand, because most join that union and want to operate heavy equipment, while not owning the responsibility for establishing grade, and layout.

What state are you in?
I started in the SF Bay, and currently live in SC. The new nuke plant is across the border just outside Augusta Ga.
>>
>>29077547
>Join a union.
do i just walk into the union hall and apply? i dont know anyone in the trades. im in WA
>>
>>29077564
Yes.
You will be paying dues, and get put on the list. Different unions have different rules. If you are confident that you know your shit, most unions will allow you to buy your journeyman card for a fee.

If you are not comfortable that you are journeyman level, then you should join the apprenticeship.

There are requirements for x-number of apprentices to x-number of journeyman. Apprentices are cheap, and save a company money if they are good. You will usually make it through the layoffs ahead of low tier journeymen that get laidoff first.
That could earn you a rep as a good worker while you're cheap, and develop a long term employment situation with that company.
>>
>>29077635
I will find the local electrician and surveyor hall. Thanks for the info
>>
File: 1436569490348-0.gif (2 MB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
1436569490348-0.gif
2 MB, 400x281
>tfw want to study Physics

pls no
>>
>>29077667
http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_%28BS_%2F_BSc%29,_Physics/Salary

>C$77,656

i don't believe this
>>
>>29077083
I know that feel
I have 7 230 grain fmjs for my 1911 and its my HD gun
>>
>>29077338
you spend 5-600 dollars a month on ammo but you are still in debt... come on now.
>>
>>29078320
Well, I have 10k in savings. I could pay the loan off instantly, but why bother. Sure I'll pay a tiny bit in interest, but it builds credit.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic of going to college for a nuclear engineering degree next year

Apparently right now there is a big upswing in the demand for nuclear jobs

I'm just worried that browsing 4chan got me on a list somehow, and that I will never be able to work in a secure plant/shipyard whatever lel
>>
>>29077234
I started as shit tier IT for $32k/yr.
4 years later I'm at six figures.
>>
>>29077095
Now I feel entitled, 22 here and making 71k a year. :/

Got to love IT and Startups
>>
>>29077056
I'm 23 and I drunkingly bought 25,000 rounds of .22wmr fmj last week
>>
nice OP I hope to do the same in a couple of years

but I'll only be focused on hoarding 5.56/.223 and 9mm
>>
>>29077056
No issues here. I can still find ammo, although I'm about to go buying bulk. Does any one know if thearmory.com is a good place to buy from?

I was going to buy some bulk from cheaper than dirt which they sometimes aren't.
>>
>>29077701
Don't believe it for a second either. Colleges lie about normal starting wages and like to inflate them a little bit for a lot of majors.
That way companies get really confused why people with zero experience are asking for 55k plus in areas with lost cost of living.
>>
>>29077095
23 year old, i got a bachelors in chemical engineering and made 80k last year due to a good bonus, itll probably be closer to 75k this year though
>>
>>29077448
Isn't the opposite of ADD, autism?
>>
>>29077132

where are you? in a place like CA, an associates is literally useless and no one cares
>>
File: AmmoCloset.jpg (925 KB, 1920x1581) Image search: [Google]
AmmoCloset.jpg
925 KB, 1920x1581
>>29077056
>So far I have about 5k rounds of 7.62x39, 1500 rounds of 7.62x54r, 1000 rounds of 8mm Mauser, and 2-3k of 9mm.

That sounds like a normal amount to me. You're certainly not hoarding yet.

Me, I just stop ordering ammo when my ammo closet is full. Though I'm kinda forced to stop, since the maximum weight of powder stored in a house is legally restricted here. This for both loaded cartridges and "loose" powder.
>>
>>29077547
Im an apprentice in Operating Engineers for surveying. ive got six months experience and make around $25/hr plus benefits.
>>
I make 60k a year. Seeing all these incomes from people a few years younger then me makes me feel like a loser. haha
>>
>>29078996
Pretty much.
I have high then normal concentration abillity, and my mind works well in three dimensions.
I have full retard memory when something sparks my interest.
>>
>>29079088

dont feel bad, i make 35k a year and am almost 27. banking industry is terrible.
>>
>>29079057
Right on, brother.
>>
>>29078378
>builds credit

This. Better to have it and not need it.
>>
>>29077056
>no 10mm rounds hoarded
>>
>>29078378
>Sure I'll pay a tiny bit in interest, but it builds credit.

Nothing baffles me more about the USA, than the fact people somehow accept that you first have to prove to banks that you can't handle saving up for something, to later be able to get a larger loan on something.

Shouldn't the fact that you've never had to use credit show that you probably have a firmer grasp on your financial situation than if you had to dig into your credit line? Fucking weirdos.
>>
>>29079228
No.
Jewry goes back ages.
The system is set up to keep the lower classes from succeeding.
If everyone had the same opportunity then who would clean toilets, and work at Taco Bell?
>>
>>29077164
60k/yr isn't that good. That's low end of middle class.
>>
>>29077056
Only of odd calibers (8mm Mauser, 7.62x25, 9mm Makarov, etc.) that I can't get everyday.
>>
2/3s of the shitposters here complain about muh liberals and muh free-market. Minimum wage is bad! yet spend their time circle jerking over how they don't make enough money and telling people to be essentially modern rednecks(muh trades) because they don't have the aptitude for anything else. Even more amusing is the same people saying to join a union.

Never change /k/, never change.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.