[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Roman empire manages to piss off the JDF. What would the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14
File: oWmWsaF.jpg (300 KB, 640x911) Image search: [Google]
oWmWsaF.jpg
300 KB, 640x911
The Roman empire manages to piss off the JDF. What would the Roman empire do to make themselves last in a war with them?
>pic related
>>
>>28915512
Give them all some ancient disease accidently that they're all immune to.
>>
>>28915512
is the show in OPs image nearly as gay as that image would imply?
>>
>>28915541
Gayer.

Though the manga isn't too bad. Not as much gratuitous womanflesh, far more gratuitous violence, and mildly less retarded JSDF.

Also they fucking shoot a dragon with an AT4.
>>
Use loli magic.
>>
File: Gate quality.webm (394 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gate quality.webm
394 KB, 1280x720
>>28915512
>>
>>28915558
Oh, also, they repeatedly make nigger jokes.
>it must be the Americans, they're the only country with black people!
>>
>>28915558
>Panzerfaust III.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 212x238
>>28915571
And their illustration is straight-up 1940's cartoon black people. Yellow eyes, actually-black skin, humongous lower lip, perpetual confused look.

Pic related.
>>
>>28915583
oh, right.
>>
>>28915512
Call the US and tell them that their dog is yapping and good owners know how to properly discipline their pets.
>>
File: despairection.png (20 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
despairection.png
20 KB, 235x235
>>28915541
>>28915558
Yeah, pretty fucking gay. Still watched it tho.

First season was 7/10. Interesting geopolitical stuff going on in the background as Japanese squad deals with civvies in a fantasy world. Decent squad tactics and combat.

Second season lost me. Degenerated into protagonist with harem of combat lolis. Might be an upgrade for some viewers.
>>
>>28915666
Also, holy shit do the creators masturbate over the JDF, it's like they think they're a competent fighting force vs other countries
>>
>>28915512
It's not good in general.

It's weak for tactical shit, and it's weak in every other regard. It's just shitty JDF wankery.
>>
probably should have started the thread whith an image of the managa 2bh
>>
>>28915666
>harem of combat lolis
Tell me more Mr. Satan
>>
>>28915680
>Author is some deluded ex-reservist with a fuckhuge chip on his shoulder
>surprised the crap he turns out is hilariously out of touch with reality and contrived so that an impotent self defense force can appear glorious as the 7 decades of post-WWII butthurt continues for that sad little island nation
>>
>>28915680
the fucking KPA can look like a competent fighting force when pitted against an army thousands of years behind their own
>>
>>28915871

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuU_kwWizsU

>Two special forces teams from countries involved in wars greater than Japan has known since the 1950s converge on an HVT
>This includes US Force Recon, Russia SPETSNAZ, PLA Specops
>Japan not only knows its habbeding, they have one team that rekts all of them

>>28915832

Then a loli with a giant axe goes BDSM on their asses, but that's hardly my point.
>>
>>28915680
No kidding. It's by far the most cringe-inducing aspect of the series.

It makes me wish this setting was executed in Cold War Berlin, or some actually hardcore nation. It'd add far more depth and conflict.

>Portal opens up in the US and USSR
>medieval-empire fucks get smashed, empire beings to fall apart
>NATO and WARPAC compete with different factions within the crumbling empire, arming serfs with guns and providing only those who swear allegiance with modern medical aid and shit
>They both bring the realm to the edge of all out war
>Fucking Shilkas mulching villages while Hueys make air-assualts deep within enemy castles
>spying and espionage all over the place.
>Those who go communist engage in heavy-handed purges. Those who go capitalist engage in heavy-handed anti-communist suppression.
>Peasants are caught in an existential crisis as all they knew is all of a sudden useless, and they must now choose between capitalism and communism, and their lives are now in the hands of foreigners who are a whole dimension away and posses infinitely more power than them. Religions/cultures/economies are in turmoil
>Soldiers from NATO and WARPAC face the horrors of war, and have difficulty dealing with the atrocities they witness/commit. They question why God made this shit happen
>Both sides saber-rattle about bringing nukes to the realm
>Throw magic and dragons into the mix as well

It'd be beautiful
>>
>>28916129
That's a fucking genius idea.

Or maybe at the closing stages of WWII.

...Or imagine it happening in 1916 WWI.
>>
>>28915926
>three SF team from different countries go into an area with very little intel other than targets location
>Japan goverment has full military authority on area, motion sensors, thermal sensors, sat coverage, full scale C4ISR network, prepared positions and teams along with knowing all the terrain.

It was a suicide mission regardless if Chuck Norris himself went in there and America at least was relying on blackmailing of Japan to get their men to the spa. Yes there is a lot of JDSF spanking but as much as people cry about that one scene when it's actually stupidly plausible is insane.
>>
>>28915512

Petition their distant Italian relatives to bail them out in true Mediterranean tradition.
>>
File: ww1landscape.png (326 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
ww1landscape.png
326 KB, 700x512
>>28916146
WW1 would be AMAZING

the poetry that came out of that war man.

People were experiencing war in a fashion no one ever, ever witnessed. Their spirits were struck so deep by the inhuman, mechanical nature of the whole war. It messed with the human psyche in ways it had never experienced before

>“One of the most gigantic, tenacious, grim, futile and bloody fights ever waged in the history of the war. On those heights, Gaul and Teuton fought out a racial feud which had existed for thousands of years. The concentrated fury of ages raged and tore, shattered and killed in one intensive struggle which has no parallel in the history of human savagery!”
- Lloyd George on Verdun. 1916.
>"To die from a bullet seems to be nothing; parts of our being remain intact; but to be dismembered, torn to pieces, reduced to pulp, this is the fear that flesh cannot support and which is fundamentally the great suffering of the bombardment."
>"You eat beside the dead; you drink beside the dead, you relieve yourself beside the dead and you sleep beside the dead."
>"When they came out of the battle, what a pitiful sight they were. Their expressions seemed frozen by a wisdom of terror; they sagged beneath the weight of horrifying memories."
>"Hell cannot be so terrible as this. Humanity is mad; it must be mad to do what it is doing."
>"I saw a man drinking avidly from a green scum-covered marsh, where lay, his black face downward in the water, a dead man lying on his stomach and swollen as if he had not stopped filling himself with water for days."
-Anonymous French and German Soldiers

There was one British Poem about the abstract terror that unseen steel (shells, bullets) where slicing flesh in a unpredictable and impersonal manner that it was frustrating. Flesh was so futile in those battles it made the author wish to lash out and die already
>>
>>28916129

That sounds like the ME, only replace sandies with Romans.
>>
>>28916224
Oh, and one more poem I found:

>We are the guns,
>and your masters!
>Saw ye our flashes?
>Heard ye the scream of our shells in the night,
>and the shuddering crashes?
>Saw ye our work by the roadside,
>the shrouded things lying, Moaning to God that He made them - the maimed and the dying?
>Husbands or sons,
>Fathers or lovers,
>we break them.
>We are the guns!
>>
>>28916224

WWI Subplot: A GATE has appeared off the coast of Rome cira 1918. They want their country back.
>>
>>28916224
Source?
>>
>>28915926
GATE would have been good if only the fucking Japs didn't make it.

Also fuck the "loli death goddess" concept in it's entirety.
>>
>>28915541
It's almost as gay as OP.
>>
>>28916272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJB6Y-3N5o

Watch the whole documentary.

All of it. It's damn near life changing

[spoiler]Every episode has you nervous[/spoiler]
>>
>>28916161
There's plenty to complain about. The teams were sent in with literally no intel or any kind of gear suitable for nightops. The US had no fucking reason to be there at all, and was only included so the author could spank it to American gaijin getting killed by glorious Nippon strong. The only thing not retarded about that entire setup was the end result. Everything leading up to it was right out of a middle schooler's CoD fanfiction musings.
>>
Though it's not the best anime I do like it when they fight the locals without holding back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqb0EdLP9Uc

I would like to see a western movie or game around a similar concept though.

What would modern SF do in a situation similar to gate but a little more restrictive. Say they only had a limited window to travel back and forth, around 5 minutes through a small opening once every week. How would they handle ammo supply and choice of weapons?
>>
>>28916386
>Be japanese
>Ruin relationship with locals by shooting up their guards in their own emperors house when you are trying to get peace with said locals.
>>
>>28916337
The teams were sent in with literally no intel or any kind of gear suitable for nightops
>extremely short window of opportunity for possible inclusion of massive resource heavy new region.
The US had no fucking reason to be there at all
>Again, getting access via blackmail/hostage to an extremely resource rich region that can pretty much not fight back at all.
>>
>>28916445
>both points countered by the fact that American is one of Japan's closest allies and the author likely throws tardrages over this fact every other day
Quit trying to justify a shitty scene in a shitty franchise that was blatantly included so Takumi could beat off to the nations that he has a hateboner for getting killed by Yamato Damashi. Also;
>implying grabbing a few NVGs/NVOs takes any real length of time for a fucking SpecOps team
>>
>>28916445
how does a pointless kidnapping get you access to a resource region that you already know how to enter?
>>
I really wish we could stop talking about this shitty, shitty, shitty, SHITTY show
>>
>>28915558
>Not as much gratuitous womanflesh

People got literally raped in the manga
Not sure what you're talking about
>>
>>28916567
Also why would Americans be sending in white and black operators if they want any semblance of plausible deniability? Are there no Chinese, Korean, or Japanese people in the US military?
>>
>>28916592
Well there is not that many shows to talk about.

>inb4 Schwarzesmarken
Top kek m8.
>>
>>28916616
>hordes of american asian spooks.
Would they do that?
>>
File: seburo_m5.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1137) Image search: [Google]
seburo_m5.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1137
>>28916616
Because it's a shitty anime. A real CIA op would absolutely take this into account given that they had enough Asian dudes.

Literally, everything wrong with it traces back to the point that the writers are shitty JSDF STRONK retards.
>>
File: thread direction.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thread direction.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>
File: 1434540500229.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1434540500229.png
537 KB, 692x577
>>28916592
OP here.
I'm sorry.
>>
>>28916592
Which one?

: ^ )
>>
File: 1449106509956.jpg (158 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
1449106509956.jpg
158 KB, 1280x692
>>28916653
You should be.
>>
>>28916632
They've done it before.
>>
>>28916129
I'd watch the shit out of it man
>>
>>28915756
>unsolicited opinions
always nice
>>
>>28916632
Would hardly be the first time.
>>
>Wasted Potential: The Anime
i kinda think you'd have to actually try to make a concept as neat as this as poorly handled and unrealized as GATE was. maybe the author is just trolling us....
>>
>>28916251
>>28916224
What if 4 GATEs opened.

>Serbia
>Carpathian Mountains
>100 miles from Paris
>The middle of the Atlantic

Or somewhere where they could be in very heavy fighting so they're a very important objective.
>>
>>28916726
It's kinda frustrating that the person to take a stab at this kind of story is some retarded nationalist former reservist who would rather use it as a vehicle for his batshit ideals rather than as an interesting story. It's a complete and utter waste.
>>
>>28916276
>Also fuck the "loli death goddess" concept in it's entirety.

What, you mean the best part in the show?
>>
>>28916303
Ah dude I fuckin love documentaries.
>>
>>28917292
Never have the time to watch them though.
>>
lure them into the forest at night with archers in the trees
>>
>>28916251
the gate would need to open in the Somme or Verdun

>Gate opens
>medieval soldiers charge out and find a moon landscape
>suddenly the earth tremors with artillery fire and the ratteling of machine guns
>tracer flying everywhere
>suddenly some shells land with a dull thumping sound
>the pikemen left and right of you start coughing and suddenly collapse
>the world turns black as you fall towards the ground
>you're dead before you hit the mud
>>
>>28916303
Goddamn why do the Brits make such awesome documentaries even to this day and we make just embellished shit filled with musical cues and dramatic narrating?
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 275x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 275x417
>written by an eleven
>for elevens
>in area eleven

>Hurr why is it so weaboo guise?!? Reeeeee etc
>>
>>28917513
I guess quality writing is too much to expect from the Numbers.
>>
File: gate13.jpg (1 MB, 1459x2150) Image search: [Google]
gate13.jpg
1 MB, 1459x2150
100 /k/ommandos with full tacticool gear vs one horny demi-goddes that gets orgasms from killing people
>>
>>28917772

The /k/ommandos would start jerking off at her.
>>
>>28917780
but how can you jerk off when your penis has been cut off?
>>
>>28917784
We find ways.
>>
>>28917784

Massage the prostate with nugget bolts

The sight alone might kill rory.
>>
File: as-06-02.jpg (301 KB, 2200x1671) Image search: [Google]
as-06-02.jpg
301 KB, 2200x1671
>>28916146
Arrowsmith, WW1 with MAGIC
>>
>>28917946
is there anything of earth being invaded by magic and losing?
>>
File: dasfas.png (432 KB, 1444x2080) Image search: [Google]
dasfas.png
432 KB, 1444x2080
>>28916802
>dindu intensifies
I also like how they mentioned Nazi Germany, their fucking Allies during WWII while implying to have done nothing at the same level at all
>>
>>28918000
well there is the salvation war where hell tries to invade earth after god decided fuck that place, but hell thinks they have to deal with medieval warfare. And while earth is not really losing the battles, they have to deal with supernatural attacks
>>
>>28918038

Silly person, Chinese aren't people.
>>
>>28918038
Are you fucking kidding me? Is that from the manga? The Japanese sure love to forget about their wholesale rape of China and the Phillipines.

>Would we really genocide people like the nazis did?
Yes Japan, yes you fucking TRIED you autistic robots.
>>
>>28918045
but earth wins in that one because muh humans
>>
>>28918055
japanese education doesnt mention anything about war crimes IIRC
>>
>>28918055
Yes it is. I don't know how jingoistic the LN and the web novel can get since as far as I can remember, the jingoism has been toned down progressively from the original work down to the anime.
>>
>>28918060
Bloody hell, what an oversight. Like cannibalising their own troops when shit hit the fan in new guinea.
>>
>>28918038
wow
>>
>>28918058
Earth wins because they kill Satan with an Anti Ship Missile, then drop a nuke on the host of heaven
>>
>>28918060
I think they do, on certain levels/programs if I remember correctly. Then again most of the books have been revised up to the point it isn't mentioned at all so it's kinda the same thing. The Ministry of Education was actively trying to suppress any info on textbooks regarding Japan's conduct during the war.
>>
>>28917471
I wish I knew man

British Documentaries are fucking beautiful

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdO9h_5Nupk
>>
>>28915512
steal their tech like all good romans would
>>
>>28916386
>how would they handle ammo supply and choice of weapons?

Pretty much the same way they do now, except they'd have a rather large contingent of one of the SF support battalions with a goddamn conveyor belt sitting ready to send shit flying through the portal the second it opens.
>>
>>28916606
I personally don't consider that "gratuitous" but I understand your point.

I was trying to point out the smaller amount of half-naked combat lolis and the fact the combat lolis wear more...combat appropriate clothing, thus making the manga somewhat marginally more believable.
>>
>>28915512
Send just 1 legion. Even then, that may be overkill
>>
>>28916802
Seems to be a new past time these days in Japan; create an interesting setting with great potential and burn it to the ground
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.