[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>forces citizens to serve in the military >doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 21
File: Spürdos.jpg (273 KB, 796x450) Image search: [Google]
Spürdos.jpg
273 KB, 796x450
>forces citizens to serve in the military
>doesn't even deploy them

Why do yurokeks (particularly Finns and Estonians) do this?
>>
File: 998801438.jpg (52 KB, 401x391) Image search: [Google]
998801438.jpg
52 KB, 401x391
>>28846789
What does Finns and Estonians share that lies in the west?
>>
Because they boarder Russia
>>
>>28846813
Fuck I'm retarded, I meant East
>>
>>28846854
haha
I was gonna say, those damn bastard Swedes?
>>
>>28846789
So their societies are filled with men and not a bunch of cucks who let mudshits fuck their daughters and wives at the same time.
>>
File: 82880.jpg (86 KB, 621x586) Image search: [Google]
82880.jpg
86 KB, 621x586
>>28846863
You never know what Swedistan might do.
>>
>>28846789

They usually just use them as cheap laborers that dig ditches and mop grass.
>>
File: Capturetyui.png (238 KB, 314x348) Image search: [Google]
Capturetyui.png
238 KB, 314x348
>>28846868
Actually there are butthurt hippies and pacifists n shit that say they are not going cause "the military brainwashes you into loving war and killing" and "im just gonna be meat for the cannons" and "we wont even stand a chance, why even prepare, im just gonna go to sweden or some shit when the war starts" those guys are fucking weak, but the MP will get em guud :^)
>>
File: Straight_pull_k98k.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Straight_pull_k98k.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>28846789
well combine they overall population is lower than New york city so the cant really do war neither man power nor money wise
>>
File: 5c3614246534d8bcf8ee54fc659b350b.png (1019 KB, 1007x448) Image search: [Google]
5c3614246534d8bcf8ee54fc659b350b.png
1019 KB, 1007x448
so you don't have a country full of pussies

>tfw no conscription in the Uk
>>
>>28846789
>builds nukes
>doesn't use them

Why, America?
>>
File: Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg (2 MB, 4918x2918) Image search: [Google]
Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg
2 MB, 4918x2918
>>28847937
>builds nukes
>doesn't use them
uhhhhh???
>>
File: nå må du gi deg.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
nå må du gi deg.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28846789
>>forces citizens to serve in the military
>>doesn't even deploy them

First of all, conscripts are deployed but they are within national borders. They are basically on readiness when training is over.
Secondly, the fact that conscription is not voluntary is the reason they aren't deployed on international operations. It would be very unpopular back home if these teenage boys were getting killed in Afghanistan for example. If they are gonna see action it's gonna be in defense of the nation. Most european countries with conscription also have professional soldiers who can do these int ops.

You murrifats had Vietnam and I believe you drafted soldiers. How did that work out, was it a popular war? Yeah didn't think so..
>>
>>28847973
What about the thousands of other nukes that are still in storage?
>>
>>28846789
There's no war though, brah

Deploy where? For what?
>>
>>28848062
well you see when america doesn't have a war to fight they create one

so it's puzzling to them that other nations aren't sending soldiers all over the world
>>
>>28848042
Which is why Vietnam vets don't deserve the shit they got or the treatment.
Forced to fight a war many didn't want to, and then they came back and got treated like shit for it
>American logic
>>
>>28848050
Wishing a nigga would
>>
What pattern is that jacket?
>inb4 camopedia
>>
File: 234.jpg (362 KB, 1181x1772) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
362 KB, 1181x1772
>>28848202
Pants are M05 Woodland jacket is M05 Cold Weather. Can't buy either legally.
>>
File: 1449265103620.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1449265103620.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>whole capable male populace having basic military training is somehow a bad thing
This isn't the /k/ I signed up for
>>
>>28846789
On the topic of finns where do I get a good Puuko knife?
>>
>>28848346
Puukko*.

From Finland.
>>
>>28848346
Finland
>>
>>28848363
Sorry forgot Finns use double consonants a lot. I live in America so hypothetically where do I get a good one as someone who is in burger land without getting a plane ticket.
>>
>>28846789
because it builds a sense of national unity and forces people to have a stake in the government's affairs.

america should do it also
>>
>>28848474
Marttiini is always a solid choice, if you want one you actually work with.

http://www.marttiini.fi/en_GB
>>
>>28848502
Here's some more traditional and fancy stuff
http://www.iisakkijarvenpaa.fi/us/puukot.html?limit=all
And my favourite innawoods knife, Lapinpuukko Outdoor knife 145
http://www.lapinpuukko.fi/en/products/outdoorknives/
>>
File: sissipuukko.jpg (744 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
sissipuukko.jpg
744 KB, 1200x800
>>28846789
How is that a bad thing? Now we have hundreds of thousands of soldiers for national defence despite our small population and I don't see war as a desirable thing.

>>28848346
It's puukko, as noted already. One option is Varusteleka. They ship internationally and sell this:
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/j-p-peltonen-sissipuukko/11824
The M/95 with plastic sheath is the choise of many Finnish soldiers, me included.
>>
>>28846998
>that file name
Fuck you, I got excited for nothing.
>>
>>28846983

Plus those pacifist hippie cucks really should know a bit about history instead of just assuming that the Swedes would allow them to stay. The last time (World War 2) Sweden routinely returned Finnish deserters back across the border, since they really did/do not have interest of sharing land border with Ivan.
>>
>>28848240
Correction, you can buy and own them. It's copying and selling that's illegal.
>>
>>28848050
The most powerful weapons are the weapons you don't have to use
>>
File: U fookin wot.jpg (111 KB, 509x249) Image search: [Google]
U fookin wot.jpg
111 KB, 509x249
>>28847039
>Wanting to waste government funds and military time on babysitting chavs
>>
File: mestari.png (114 KB, 503x307) Image search: [Google]
mestari.png
114 KB, 503x307
Because it's a defense force and we don't need to waste money and lives shooting ragheads in some shitty desert
>>
>>28848081
A small nation like Finland really doesn't need a war on foreign soil.

We'd be wasting money we don't have and lives. We only have some voluntary peacekeepers deployed. Nobody would want some 18 year olds to have to go die in some stupid desert war.
>>
>>28852988
Also special forces training Kurds
>>
>>28853091

Yes - to be exact Finnish special forces are training Kurdish Peshmerga in northern Iraq.
>>
>>28846983

See, attempting to recruit these losers will only hurt your force, not help it, and is a waste of money to boot!

Well, unless there's a York among them or something who can't do it cause' it's against their religion, but how many Christfags still exist in those countries?
>>
>>28847039

You don't need conscripts when you can only need to shed a tear and at least one other Anglo nation will loan you their military free of chrage.
>>
>>28853975
>See, attempting to recruit these losers will only hurt your force, not help it, and is a waste of money to boot!

Good cannon fodder is priceless

>Well, unless there's a York among them or something who can't do it cause' it's against their religion, but how many Christfags still exist in those countries?

Conscientious objectors are almost always fedoras who are afraid of having to shave their neckbeard when they join.
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1590x1195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1590x1195
>>28847937
Weve set off over 300+ nukes.

You nabby pamby eurocuck alway whine when we use them on people.

Whaaa! WWIII!
Whaaa! Radiation!
>>
>tfw MtF so don't have to serve

Feels good
>>
It's not even that fun
>be machine gunner in MILES exercise
>you get 30 rounds of blanks
>OK.tiff
>>
>>28848093
Reminds me on how our dictator treated our veterans after the falklands wars
They literally hides them from the public because it showed all the lies about winning the war
>>
>>28852042
>>28854295
But you do understand the point being made here >>28847937 ? The concept of deterrence? It works the same way.
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (37 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
37 KB, 300x255
>>28854324
>BMP gunner
>dont even get blanks for my coax
>mfw
>>
>>28854310
neither can other mentally ill
>>
>>28848042
The antiwar movement was started by a bunch ofa ctual hippie cucks that then got popularized among the ordinary population. The war was in support and despite our casualties, we were making progress (A few hundred thousand is nothing compared to the million lost by the NVA and Vietcong). Even the Soviet Union didn't had the economic power to attack us if we invaded the North, as a matter of fact, they had other problems to deal with than Nam. In short, we lost the war because a bunch of whining, crying hippies convinced the ordinary population to join and then treat our vets like shit when they came back.
>>
>>28854859
But today you are sending professional soldiers abroad. You are not sending drafted soldiers. Again, think of the political disaster. Conscripts don't even get paid and they're gonna get themselves killed in Afghanistan because Finland or Estonia want to please USA? Not happening.
If they are sending someone there, it's gonna be soldiers that volunteered and willingly signed a contract.
>>
>>28854693
>neither can other mentally ill

Top kek

I sincerely hope you don't actually believe this.

From my experience you'd have to be seriously fucked in the head before they let you go. All the weirdos mumbling in their sleep and saying they'll kill us all during the night didn't get thrown out even though we tried to get them thrown out.
>>
>>28855121
i just said that to make him feel bad, during my conscription, i saw the most retarded and dumb witted people so far
>>
>>28848308
>supporting conscription
>2016
Piss poor way to raise an army m8.
>>
>>28855252
This sort of conscription isn't for raising an army though, it's just giving basic training to a portion of your male population.
>>
What is a trained reserve?
>>
>>28847039
>half the population is literally killing each other with knives
>"lol lets give them guns and teach them 5 ways to disable a person with your thumb, that will surely work out great!"

Conscription is a dead concept in Europe, if it was not for the loss of production for young people who could be studying instead or the high babysitting costs we should also not give possible terrorists or criminals a chance to proper military training.
>>
>>28855332
>Conscription is a dead concept in Europe,
Revive it.
>should also not give possible terrorists or criminals a chance to proper military training.
How about not letting them in the country in the first place?
>>
>>28855855
>Revive it.
expensive
to many retards
there are people who got better things to do

>How about not letting them in the country in the first place?
you cant cure stupid
>>
>>28855320
This.
I can't believe I used to think people on this board knew what they were talking about.
>>
>>28856197

>expensive
On the contrary, it's the cheapest option
>to many retards
Applies to everything in life
>there are people who got better things to do
Better than playing war for a while? Why are you even on this board?
>>
>>28846983
one of those losers here.
dodging cause going to the army would fuck up everything i've built up for over the past four years.

And to do what? Sit in barracks, not being able to work towards my craft, to shoot the 5 rounds of ammunition the army has money for, learn to shine my boots and to sit around do mild jogs sometimes.

Would be nice getting some officer schooling but how about the country first sorts out so that people don't yell racial slurs at us army serviceman on the streets instead of drafting people to shit away their life in a barrack.

If they paid me the wage that I lose out on, yeah fine, whatever.
I'm not doing it for what doesn't even amount to rent in a cardboard box.
And fuck wasting a year to learn to protect a country full of ignorant backwater hicks.

You go thump your chest how hardcore you are that you shaved your head.
You wasted a year you dumb fuck, a year of the most productive period of your life.

GG no re.
>>
>>28856197
>too many retards
people are just ignorant and uneducated, most of the effort in training is handled by NCO's and Officer candidates in the Finnish system.
And also, group pressure is one hell of an incentive to get good.
>>
Because of russia you ignorant americuck. They don't deploy to anywhere because there's no fucking need, but they need a big military so that russia won't come in and liberate any oppressed minorities, you fucking nig.
>>
>>28852020
M05 protection ends this fall if they dont renew it.
>>
>>28856421
big military with no air defence or armour to speak of in case of estonia.

Sure they fucked up russia and germany both in 1920, but planes weren't invented back then.
>>
>Be finnfag
>Aunt's family has lived in Murica since 1999ish
>Cousin's 18 and visiting Finland (alone) for the first time in 5 years
>Arrested on arrival because he didn't show up for the military registration, cops didn't realise he is not required to serve
>Calls back home
>"Don't worry mom, but I'm in jail"
>>
>>28847039
sweden and germany had conscription until somewhat recently, let that sink in.
>>
>>28856439
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane
Uh huh...
>>
>>28855332
Dude, just get the good ole prussian discipline, and remove the dust of the old eastgerman officers which probably still are in buildingblockstorage and youre good to go.
>>
>>28854324
>be Group leader
>4 of my group were motivated enough
>so undermanned that I have to take the musheengun too because sure as fuck I am not touching the APILAS
>two full cans of PKM food
>instructor likes me so much that he gives me two more
>well.fuck.exe
>>
>>28856439
you just went full retard...
>>
>>28856482
>an 5mph low flying paper and wood kite with a bike engine on it and no armaments other than what the crew brings with them is the same as a SU-25 supported by helicopters, fighters, SEAD and AWACS coming to fuck your shit up

now Air power dictates the flow of the battlefield.
Back then planes had little impact on what went down.

So how about you go fuck yourself dumb cunt
>>
File: 1452165699754.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452165699754.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>28856455
Haha, i have one of these stories too.

>years ago, go on school trip to turkey
>have a classmate that is a turkish immigrant to my country, but who still has turkish citizenship
>we go through passport control
>turkguy gets stopped
>he has a turkish passport
>he hasn't been conscripted
>gendarmes tell him he can pay a fee of roughly 1-2k USD or be conscripted
>he barely speaks the language, they have to get an english translator and use a classmate as a proxy between them (as his english wasn't tiptop either)
>he can't get the money
>forcely conscripted for 2 years in bumfuck nowheresville

mfw
>>
>>28854487
ponder on how the russians treated soviet vets after afghanistan

that shit is rough
>>
>>28856620
That sounds like a real shitty situation.
>>
>>28856514
Estonia has nato for aircover
>>
>Be one year in army
>Get to shoot guns (including one 155mm artillery piece. Machine gun was fun :DDD and LAW too).
>Not 5 (rifle) rounds; 1500 during the whole year.
>Free gym, food and lodging
>Get to go innawoods
>Reconnaissance, unconventional warfare and medical training (first two for shits and giggles, the last for civilian life)
>Training in leadership, organizational and in pedagogical skills.
>Did I mention I can use the credit from that training for my business studies?
>Got paid enough to buy coffee, snacks, cigarettes during the week and beer/booze in the weekend
>Did I remember to mention the discounts?

Yeah, it really sucked. All I got was free upkeep for a year, great experiences, fun training, and a lot of good friends who you could trust with your life.
>>
Are you fucking retarded, OP? Why is /k/ infested with literal actual retards?
>>
>>28856488
>two full cans of PKM food

100 or 200 cans?
>>
>>28855273

That is a valid point, which the non-Finns often fail to grasp. The conscription is not (at least mainly) intended for conscripting young men in case of war, training them with terrible haste and sending them to battle. Instead we it to put our young men through peace time military service during which they receive military training (usually for some specific task) and are then transferred to reserves, whose skills are maintained with occasional refresher training (frequency of which depends task for which the person has been trained and in which wartime unit he would serve). Finnish wartime Armed Forces are much larger than the peace time ones and mostly consist from reservists.

Finnish military training system is such that everybody starts as a rookie (alokas). After receiving basic military training and giving military oath everybody get their first actual military rank - private (sotamies). The most suitable (who usually volunteer for this) are selected for NCO-training. From those selected to NCO-training the ones that volunteer to reserve officer training and succeed passing entrance exams are chosen for Reserve Officer School. Once their conscript training is over rank-and-file is transferred to reserves as privates and most capable of them as lance corporals (korpraali). Most of those who got NCO training are transferred to reserves as corporals (alikersantti) and most capable of them as sergeants (kersantti). Those who went to Reserve Officer School return to units as officer candidates (kokelas) and get transferred to reserves as 1st lieutenants (vänrikki).

By proving capable in refresher training, serving (as volunteer) in missions done on foreign soil, volunteering to additional military training and/or showing capability in (volunteer) reservist organizations one can promoted to higher military rank(s). The highest military rank nowadays available for reservists is major (majuri).
>>
>>28856925
We get all the social retards from /b/ and all the political retards at /pol/ or grand-pa variations upon /pol/ arguments since you're all middle-late age former-military americans or 12 year olds trolling.
>>
>>28856365
Xaxaxaxa

The Finnish government pays for your rent and bills during servicetime.
>>
>>28856365

It is obvious you have very little clue about what you are talking about. Another clear thing is that you select to choose your own interest over your fellow citizens and Fatherland. Be a self-centered prick if you want, but do not dare to claim it be a noble choice in any way, since that point does not survive closer scrutiny.

The training system is such that if one wants to actually earn by being in the military the thing to do is first go through conscript training and then apply for either Officer School (Kadettikoulu) or NCO training for professional military. You cannot go become professional military without first going through conscript service, since it provides foundation for further training and only professional military receive proper salary since it is their real job. But one also does not need much finances-wise during conscript service - clothing, housing, travel tickets/travel allowance and food are all provided along (modest) daily allowance. Also if one has family that needs financial support, that is available. Think it as being in school instead of being in a job, since that is essentially what it is. When you are in conscript service you are in training to become a soldier - instead of being a fully trained soldier already. So why state pay you a salary of a fully trained soldier?

One of the basic things of conscript service is to learn to work with all kinds of people - when it comes to intellectual scale that includes everybody from border-line idiots to probably the smartest people of your own age group that you may ever meet.

Shaving head is also not required - short and smart haircut will do and basic military service for most of rank-and-file tasks is 6 months. Twelve months is mainly for those who volunteer to NCO training or get approved to Reserve Officer School - which considering your lousy attitude are not real options, since they require dedication.
>>
>>28857755
hi, estonian here.
I am studying something abroad for which the industry in estonia simply does not exist. It is a very competetive and tight field and if I lose a year, I lose all the job offers I have since every company is under massive deadlines. Nobody is going to give a shit if some faglord from eastern europ has "muh duty to muh vaterland"
Estonia is lost if war comes. Instantly. It's a buffer. There is a tiny chance war will come during the time until my health conditions are still good enough for me to run 10km and not have a fit and choke.
I'd rather not buy a lottery ticket with my career and get nothing.
>>28857602
estonian goverment pays you soldiers wage which is literally peanuts and inhumane. I have many poorer friends from shitty backgrounds who faked insanity so they can keep on working and their families don't lose literally half the income, for which they pay some of the rent and buy food.

It may be all fine and dandy over there in soumi paradiisi where you had 60 years of no fucking commies ruining your shit, whereas we still need to get our shit together.
You want more virulaiseksi coming over there causing trouble and annoying you? Then tell us to get our inhumane shit together.
>>
>>28858261
Man the baltic states are really abominably trash. Do what you need to do dude.
>>
>>28858261
You sound like you live in a ghetto. Your friends pay for half their entire families income? Tell them all to get the fuck to work.
>>
Conscription seems pretty worthless if you're able to go to college or make something of your life without the military.
>>
File: nato defense spending.png (43 KB, 226x683) Image search: [Google]
nato defense spending.png
43 KB, 226x683
>>28858261
>Estonia is lost if war comes. Instantly.
Then you've already agreed to lay there and spread your legs if Czar Vlad promises to only stick it in halfway. In which case you don't deserve a republic, and will therefore lose it.

You could look at Israel, if you want a role model for a small determined country surrounded by assholes with Russian military hardware. But I guess that sounds too scary and expensive.

Shit. These are the 'allies' we're supposed to rescue?
>>
>>28854295
Nukes suck imo. Can't we just have a good old fashioned WW3?
>>
>>28855121
Pretty much this. Matti Saari, the Kauhajoki school shooter only got thrown out when he opened fire on some reindeer in the woods. Even after this he was ok to get a gun
>>
>>28846863
You never know, the way things are going.
>>
File: 15261.png (457 KB, 449x428) Image search: [Google]
15261.png
457 KB, 449x428
>>28853975
Estonia is one of the top countries with the lowest precentage of any religion in the country, i think it was maybe 20% that were of any religion.. (orthodox and luther)

So yeah that wont be a problem, its just the neckbeards who dont see the point in it..
>>
Prob so their citizens don't grow up to be massive faggots that get triggered at the smallest thing and need safe spaces.
>>
>>28858554
Conscription usually don't last as long as a regular professionals career. In most countries it's just one year of your life, so it's actually a nice break from the school bench and you get to do some fun non-academic shit for a while. In my country you also get extra points when applying for uni if you have military service. It's also nice to put on your resume when applying for jobs. It's not a bad move to be a conscript even if you want a job that's not related to the military. You also get a small sum of money, it's not much but it helps.
>>
>>28856365
>dodging cause going to the army would fuck up everything i've built up for over the past four years
It will not.
>You wasted a year you dumb fuck, a year of the most productive period of your life.
You are wasting your life by working, instead of looking at all different possible experiences you can have.
You have time to work yourself into the grave.
Army is a good experience that only lasts a year
>>
>>28859618
>>28859618
I hate to sound like a /pol/tard, but damn, I totally agree.

A friend of mine, who's South Korean and had done his compulsory military service, had a hard time understanding some of these contemporary social issues. And this is someone who is fairly westernized, after living here for 5 years. He understands much of our American slang, and some of our subtle American mannerisms. He's almost as American as apple pie, but he needs some work.

He once asked me what a "trigger warning" was.
>"Does this have anything to do with firearms safety? *makes trigger pulling motions*
>"Nope. This has nothing to do with guns. A trigger warning involves indirect verbal cues that can offend people."
>"That's dumb."

He asked me about "social justice warriors."
>"Are these vigilantes that actually fight for the oppressed? Like the people involved in the Civil Rights movement?"
>"Not at all. They may share the same sentiment. . . to a degree, but they are too lazy to make anything happen. They will just sit around and complain on the internet. They are nothing like the Civil Rights movement."
>"Well, that's pretty dumb. Did the SJWs create the idea of trigger warnings?"
>>
>>28856439
> with no air defence
>Finland
>9pieces of BUK M1(THESE ARE BEING PHASED OUT)
>Unknown amount of NASAMS II(Prolly 9-10)
>ASRAD-R(16)
>Crotale(Modernized 2010)(20)
>Unknown amount of Marksman II SPAAG's on Leopard 2A4 chassis
>Bunch of AAA
>Bunch of RBS 70
>Bunch of Stingers
>62 Legacy Hornets
Not including navy Anti-Air capability.
Considering the small size of our country, and miniscule amount of strategic targets, our Anti-Air capabilty is actually on pretty good condition.
>inb4 muh 4000+ Russian airplanes
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.