[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How /k/ friendly is Utah? Is it in danger of being stripped of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: Delicatearch1.jpg (287 KB, 1496x1134) Image search: [Google]
Delicatearch1.jpg
287 KB, 1496x1134
How /k/ friendly is Utah? Is it in danger of being stripped of all gun rights in the next few years like the Pacific Northwest ?

Where in Utah should a virile young man move ?
>>
>>28616189
>How /k/ friendly is Utah?

Extremely.

>Is it in danger of being stripped of all gun rights in the next few years like the Pacific Northwest ?

No.

>Where in Utah should a virile young man move ?

In or around Park City, if you want to bang drunk sluts.
>>
>>28616542
Wonderful, thank you anon.
>>
>>28616189
Yeah, too many armed Mormons for any shit gun laws to go through.
>>
As a downside, isn't there a law that beer in UT can't be over 3%
>>
File: IGP0868-3s.jpg (389 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
IGP0868-3s.jpg
389 KB, 1200x794
>>28616189
>How /k/ friendly is Utah?
There's a big gun culture here. You're never more than about 5-10 minutes from a gun store or an indoor range, and you can drive about an hour from downtown Salt Lake to be able to shoot on public land. Utah ranks in the top ten for highest rate of concealed-carry permit holdership, but a lot of people just get that for the $7 discount you get when buying a gun (skipping the background check fee).

>Is it in danger of being stripped of all gun rights in the next few years like the Pacific Northwest ?
There have been a lot of liberals that have moved to Salt Lake City in the past 10-15 years since the Winter Olympics. Many have integrated, but they are building their enclaves and building political power. I think most liberals are actually afraid of the Mormon church and equate it with a cult, which keeps them out of the state, but it's only a matter of time before enough of them move here to get enough voting power to start stripping away our rights. There are a lot of tech companies here, with many moving (read: fleeing) from California's restrictive business laws and bringing their employees with them. Guess what kind of politics those employees are going to vote for. Still, the politics are very conservative.

>Where in Utah should a virile young man move ?
Unless you are interested in farm life, the Salt Lake City/Provo metro area and Logan are the only two really interesting cities in the state, and there's not a whole lot of reason to move to Logan unless you're going to college there (which illustrates the problem of liberalization). Park City might be interesting if you've got lots of money to burn and are a ski bum, but there are a dozen cities in Colorado that are its equal or better in terms of ski-bumming. Moab is actually pretty cool, but FAR from EVERYWHERE. Good luck even getting to an airport when you want to fly to visit the senpai. As for St. George, if you want to live in Las Vegas, just move to Las Vegas.
>>
>>28620272
>when you want to fly to visit the senpai.
Fuck, I thought the word filters had been lifted.
>>
Orem Utah reporting in.

Utah is super gun friendly.
>>
File: 1412313971950.jpg (26 KB, 482x277) Image search: [Google]
1412313971950.jpg
26 KB, 482x277
>>28620272
>Utah is slowly but steadily filling up with liberals
Utah no! You were supposed to be the promise land!
>>
>>28620342
It's called demographic shift, and it's happening everywhere anon.
>>
>>28620355
Not everywhere. Just where there are jobs. Nobody wants to move to South Dakota, for example, because there are no jobs.
>>
>>28620342

Mormonism will keep the liberals out for a while.
>>
>>28620272
>>28616542
I just moved to Arizona, and live fairly close to the Utah boundary. Could I still buy guns in UT? I guess it doesn't matter because AZ loves freedom, but I'm not from the west and am wanting to do some exploring.
>>
>>28620371
I've heard of some instances where two cities in neighboring states are so close to each other that there is an exemption to the usual restrictions, so ask the gun stores, but from what I have been told, Utah gun stores will sell long guns, but not handguns, directly to people from adjacent states. For handguns, you would have to (under normal restrictions) get the gun shipped to an FFL in your home state, but again, just ask because there may be an exemption.
>>
>>28620272
>equate it with a cult
It kind of is though. People go to do their young adult Mormon thing come back more changed than you'd expect from a young adult on their own for their first time, lost a few friends over it because they came back so weird. God forbid you leave the cult, literally, and your family will stop talking to you if you do, happened to another one of my friends. They put up church money to get families into neighborhoods they couldn't afford on their own and try to convert within those neighborhoods. It was pretty fun poking shit at one of those families who was black on account of their destination in inferior heaven. Their cult of sexual predators got chased across the plains until they settled at a place they thought no one else could possibly want for a reason. The LDS church is legitimately creepy and cultish.
>>
>>28620342
I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>28620454
I've lived in Utah all my life, the MoMo's aren't that bad you fedora flaunting fuckwit.
>>
>>28620406
Thanks! yeah its not a big deal, just in case I see a deal. Loving it out here too, looking forward to making the trip to Zion.
>>
>>28620474
It has nothing to do with fedora shit and I knew I was going to get some faggot Mormon saying that. I'd take hardcore obnoxious televangelist Christians over those loonies any day.
>>
>>28620454
I honestly laugh at people who think that Mormonism is somehow less legitimate because it's a young religion and was "obviously made up by a group of mortals/people." Just like every other religion ever, you mean? All religions try to instill a certain set of moral principles in young people and try to exert social control on communities. That's kind of the point.

>>28620482
Make friends with a local FFL and get a paper copy of their license that you can carry around. That way, even if you see a deal and they tell you they have to ship it, you can close the deal on the spot.
>>
>>28620507
I'm not a mormon, I dislike their teachings and church, but they are generally nice people. They had some creepy ass people in the past, but it is literally no worse than any other major religion.
>>
>>28620454

There are a lot of things in here that are incorrect. What's the source of your info?
>>
>>28620599
He's just a salty neckbearded fedora toting faggot that spills rhetoric his grandpappy assured him was true.
>>
Haha I remember walking/climbing up the wrong side to the Delicate Arch; it was both a bit steep and windy. On the way back using the path most people took, we asked ourselves how we got off course.
>>
>>28620507
If you absolutely have to be socially accepted by everyone in your neighborhood where you live in order to feel validated, then Utah may not be for you. People here have their own culture, and they're not happy to let outsiders dilute it, as has happened in most other places in the country when a large number of liberals moved in from out of state (see: every mountain town in Colorado, ever). However, the people here are extremely hard-working and kind. I'd rather have heavily armed Utahns for neighbors than liberal Coloradoans who want to strip away my rights in exchange for empty platitudes from corrupt politicians.

If you don't want to convert, then just say so. Own up to your convictions and don't waffle around. They will respect you for who you are, just like you would respect an Asian who refused to convert from eating with chopsticks, even though you tried your best to persuade of the virtues of the fork. People are capable of moving past these minor aspects when you present them with a clear picture of who you are and what you stand for. I have many Morman friends and I am an atheist. None of them have ever pressured me to convert, and I've had more Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door to proselytize than I have had Mormons come knocking.
>>
File: PrepareToDie.jpg (113 KB, 1000x624) Image search: [Google]
PrepareToDie.jpg
113 KB, 1000x624
>>28620272
>mormon church
>any church
>not a cult
>>
>>28620690
Thank you for pointing this out.

Growing up in Utah as someone that believes in higher intelligence and power (just not sure who/what it is), this was my experience to a T. They have been accepting, invited me to stuff, and once I expressed that I had no interest in joining their faith NOTHING changed. Everyone was still cool, and I didn't lose friends over the fact that I didn't conform to their beliefs.
>>
>>28620690

As a Mormon living in Utah I agree with this.

Mormons in Utah are very cultural to a fault. I've lived elsewhere, and the Mormons are better at being accepting. In Utah there's a different mentality though.

Like this guy says though, we'll respect your right to religious freedom.

Also, ask a Mormon in Utah anything
>>
>>28620730
Cult is just a word reserved for religions with no future. For example, the Aboriginals who gathered around air-strips and worshipped airplanes because they thought the airplanes were messengers from the Heavens, or the people who commited mass suicides when the comet Hale-Bopp approached the Earth. Mormonism has been pretty successful in the recent past, and all signs point to it having a long future in the United States at least.
>>
>>28619831
it can be but it has to be bought in the state run liquor stores, anything bought in a grocery store will be 3.2% abv
>>
>>28620342
Its cause liberals run when their magic land falls apart. The bright side is they don't tend on breeding very much and get scared shitless when a crime happens within a block of them..

A fair bit get converted to proguns as well so give it time, eventually the libtards will have nowhere to run and the country will be freed from antigun bs.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (313 KB, 1216x1920) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
313 KB, 1216x1920
OP here thanks everyone for the info and responses . Looks like I'm moving to Salt Lake !
>>
>>28621233

Lemme know when you get here, we'll go shoot something
>>
>>28620454
I left the church when I was in highschool, all of my immediate and extended family is super Mormon and yet I've had no problems. They are all wonderful and supportive people.

Some people are shit and will act like dicks, that shouldn't be an indictment against an entire religion. It's just what happens when you deal with religion, it's something people take seriously and a lot have a hard time dealing with the fact that you might have different ideas.
>>
>>28620780
Do you like pineapple on Pizza?
>>
>>28620296
Only cuck $mh 2bh f@m
>>
Utah sucks. It's hell on earth. Foreign scum stop moving here and complaining about mormons and weather.
>>
>>28620690
>tfw asian
>eat everything with chopsticks (except soup obviously)
>even pasta and spaghetti
>sort ammo/brass with chopsticks
>pick up tiny parts with chopsticks when stripping guns

Can't see any wrong in chopsticks pham
>>
>>28621404
Sounds good.

I should know if I'm getting in the Navy by the end of Feb. If not I'll be in Utah by March.

Keep an eye out for my UTAH HERE I COME thread
>>
>>28621487
What about fried rice?
>>
>>28620329
Sup fellow Orem bro
>>
>>28620780

Not personally, but that's a big thing here. Also everything you've heard that we put into Jello is true. I have no idea why. I've seen carrots in Jello.
>>
>>28620329
>>28621987
More Orem than I expected
>>
Salt Lake City bro here
>>
>Move to Utah
>Shoot whatever I want at places like this
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 110x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 110x125
>>28620690
>bashing Colorado
>mfw it's true
>>
There's nothing I love more in life than Rain.

Unfortunately, the two rainiest states(WA and OR) are very liberal.

It sucks.
>>
>>28625185
SE Alaska?
>>
File: 1442691251122.gif (422 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1442691251122.gif
422 KB, 512x512
>>28623923
>>28621987
>>28620329
>mfw all these /k/ommandos in Orem
>mfw they've all probably walked past me in University Mall at one point
>>
File: 1449190684692.gif (982 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
1449190684692.gif
982 KB, 500x190
>>28620808
Mormons are probably the best religion to be allied with when SHTF.

Their doctrine is practically centered around the world being enveloped in chaos and war leading up to the end days, which they believe is soon. They're instructed to fully stock on emergency supplies, weapons optional but desired, keep communication links open in each neighborhood and generally enjoy hobbies such as hunting, fishing and gardening. They even built an impenetrable nuke-proof vault carved into a granite cliff that contains physical and digital copies of all genealogical data for most of human history.

If anything, I'm betting on them being first to reestablish any sort of country before anyone else if an apocalyptic war destroys the US.
>>
>>28625407
Say hi next time, senpai
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.