[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a gun manufacturer thread? Your favorite manufacturer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16
File: Ruger-logo.jpg (83 KB, 1011x1118) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-logo.jpg
83 KB, 1011x1118
Can we get a gun manufacturer thread? Your favorite manufacturer and why... Pros, cons etc.
>Ruger
pro
>tough as all hell, revolvers are on the same level of indestructability as cockroaches
con
>painfully long trigger pull on too many of them
>>
>Sig Sauer

pros;
>fit and finish is unmatched
>cool new offerings
>company culture caters to the hardcore shooter

cons;
>aftermarket is expensive
>>
>>28609814
Ruger is the only manufacturer that I've ever had to call. My buddy (who was deployed) lost a spring to the rear sight of his SR9 right before deployment. I explained the situation and they had it shipped to my house in 2 days, free of charge.

I offered to pay for the part and the dude I spoke with on the phone laughed at me like it was ridiculous that I even think about paying for it.

I was already a Ruger fan (I have 3 already) and that just reinforced it even more.
>>
Ruger is my hands-down favorite. They've had crap products, and they've had issues politically. But in my lifetime, they've released some great stuff, at a great price point, and stood by us politically like no other major manufacturer.

Other companies may build better guns. Other companies may build cheaper guns. But Ruger will continue to be my favorite.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I didn't plan it, buy I own more Rogers than any other manufacture.
They just make decent guns.
>>
Fuck it. Ruger love thread?
>>
>>28609865
How are their rifles? Their pistols are pretty tits, but I haven't heard much on the rifles.

>>28609981
Well it appears already that it's everybody's favorite...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Ruger because
Made in 'Merica
With all the different models they have to offer, why not?
>>
I love my gp100
Bought the ar556 but the chamber warped after 300 shots.
Customer service was fucking amazing, they replaced the barrel assembly for free.
Sold it right after I got it back. It was a good learning AR but now I'm ready to build my own
>>
>>28609814
I fucking hate Ruger because I bought one of their crap products and haven't liked the one's I've finger fucked.

I love Smith & Wesson. They make pretty damn amazing revolvers.
>>
>>28609969
>black powder only
>rolled on the cylinder

Shit like this, yeah fuck off Rooger
>>
Hogue: replacement parts no question asked, great grips.
Primary Arms: easy to deal with, great CS.
BuyMilsurp: same as above, straightened out order fast.

Only bad experience was j&g sales selling me a broken gun.
>>
Sig

I like a lot of their guns

Every other company

I only like 1-2 of their guns
>>
File: 161.jpg (243 KB, 1232x816) Image search: [Google]
161.jpg
243 KB, 1232x816
I kinda started inadvertently starting a meager collection of Smiths, next one I'm looking for is a model 59.

As for a favorite manufacturer, most any one I've dealt with have been top notch, although I did get an incorrect part from Midway and was promised a RMA kit that never showed up, but I gotta say one of the managers at Lilja is a badass.
>>
I love me some Ruger.

While some of the guns I own are nicer, some are more accurate and most of them have better triggers. But on a practical level if I ever need a gun it will probably end up being a Ruger since I CCW a LCR and have a Mini 30 as my truck gun. GP100 is my go to camping gun.

Their products are built to be used and I choose them when I need to be sure about the gun I am using.
>>
>>28609814
>Ruger
Guess it's by default since I own more of them than anything else.

Pros
>cheap
>reliable
>great customer service

Cons
>fit and finish isn't always the best, but not terrible
>>
>>28610035

Their rifles are pretty good. I have an American in .308 I use to hunt durr.
>>
>>28609814
Ruger

Pro
>Cheap
>Bomb proof
>Accurate
>Made ammends for the past fuckery of Bill
>Diverse with the RPR, LCR, Suppressors, .22's, American line, Single action revolvers, etc...
>Real Murrican company

Con
>Working class guns can be a little rougher than competition
>Snobs may insult your choice if you buy from them
>>
>>28610988
Hunt that duurrrr
>>
>>28611013
>Snobs may insult your choice if you buy from them

So damn true.
>>
>>28610988
Mule or whitetail? How does that .308 perform? I know a ton of serious hunters love that shit, I was thinking about getting an AR in .308.
>>28611013
Why would snobs insult you over that? Ruger's some good shit.
>>
>>28611109
>Why would snobs insult you over that? Ruger's some good shit.

Because of the price. Seriously. I've seen them get trashed because they could never cost as much as glorious sig and hk.
No matter the fact that they work just as well.
>>
>>28611109
Because you didn't buy a smith and wesson. Not fucking kidding, I got told off for owning a Blackhawk because it's not a smith.

At least my revolver doesn't grenade on bear loads
>>
>>28611156
>>28611195
Anyone that can't at least appreciate Ruger is kinda of just a retarded, elitist asshole then it sounds like. Those other companies are great still, but price isn't required for quality.
>>
Hey speaking of Ruger, has anyone tried the American Pistol or their AR-15s? They look like pretty good deals for the price they come at.
>>
>>28611156
Speaking of HK, anybody in this thread by chance ever try out a G36C? I kinda wanna buy one, but not sure if they're just pieces of shit and should just throw my 5.56 through an AR instead.
>>28611779
Never personally tried one of their AR15s, but they're probably just as good as any other manufacturer around. I'd be interested to know the accuracy, price, and durability compared to other brands.
>>
I don't have one, so i'll do both:
HK
Pro
>quality stuff, good looking guns, great customer service
Cons
>shitty following, not as efficient with space as say glock, unnecessary price tag and aftermarket shit is even more expensive and hard to come by

FN
pros:
>they make pretty much anything, and have for a long fucking time, they aren't ridiculously expensive, they are not afraid of technological advancements
cons
>they do dumb shit from time to time, they think that people don't notice the tumor-like growths on the bottom of their relatively compact yet oddly high capacity guns, we all see that lump on the mag baseplate fn, you're not fooling anyone, also they tend to pander to the lefty's and muh ergonomics faggots who insist on 1,203,345 different combinations of grip panels
>>
>>28612845
Where the fuck do you have the ability to buy a G36C?
>>
>>28612949
I should clarify, I mean lefty's as in people who are left handed, not the political left.
>>
Hi-point

Pros:
Indestructible
Cheap as dirt
Reliable

Cons:
I'm black
>>
>>28612949
>aren't ridiculously expensive
>massive belt fed ar-15 $9000

pick one
>>
>>28613005
Way to cherry pick there you massive fucking faggot.
Also, I really hope you don't think a 249 semi-auto clone is similar to an AR-15 in any way other than 5.56.
>>
>>28609814
>CZ
Pros
>Great value to quality of rifles and pistols
>Dat wood finish
>Good target rifles
>Cool tactical rifles and SMGs.

Cons
>For some reason Colt and Savage fan boys will hate you
>A lot of their shotguns are turkish made
>Hasn't made a wood stocked battle rifle with a manchalier stock

>>28609905
>>28609936
>>28610043
>>28610802
>>28610929
>>28611013
That's all I got. I like Ruger a ton too. Why are they just so good?
>>
File: 1451915200302.jpg (21 KB, 499x322) Image search: [Google]
1451915200302.jpg
21 KB, 499x322
>>28612968
Meant G3, I think I just had catastrophic brain failure.

Replace 5.56 with 7.62 and AR with AK47 and I guess it works.
>>
Walther.

>good quality
>decent price
>magazines are expensive
>>
>>28610592

IIRC they test fired a Ruger Old Army with bullseye powder and it worked fine.

It was probably a ridiculously hot load.

Ruger revolvers are built like tanks.
>>
>>28613047
>use example of ridiculous price
>no you can't use example!
no u

Goddamn dude I was being facetious because it's just a giant semi auto 5.56 rifle. I know it's not similar to an AR-15. I know it's meant for collectors and the awesome factor. Don't burst a fucking blood vessel.
>>
>>28613447
It happens to the best of us anon. You just had me really excited at the prospect of getting a g36.
>>
I got my dads old .44 ruger superblack recently. Already used a lot by pops and knowing nothing about single action revolvers I abused the hammer/trigger action. After jamming the trigger once , forcing the cylinder back in then me generally being a retard it still functions. Ak-47 of a revolver.
>>
File: IMG_20160117_223935.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160117_223935.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
FN

They make a lot of stuff I really like (Hi-Power, FNS, SLP, SCAR, FS2000) and also own Browning, who makes really nice shit like the Buck Mark and all dem rifles and shotguns with maple furniture. They also own Winchester love and I love me some Model 70.

I'm really loving my FNS, particularly. I had a Glock 19 Gen 4 before, wasn't thrilled with it, and like my FNS a lot more. It feels better made, has a better trigger, ergonomics, and sights, and was cheaper than the 19. I haven't found a reason to dislike it yet.

>>28609905
Ruger is a close second. They're the only manufacturer I've had to call, too. I dropped my LCP many, many times (sometimes intentionally, sometimes loaded) and eventually broke a piece of polymer off the dustcover. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQrJrz3885I and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO0JkF4X4B0 . Dustcover broke a few months later after I dropped the loaded pistol onto my floor muzzle-first by accident.

I called Ruger, told them I broke the dustcover, and the lady said "... well I haven't heard that one yet. Send it back and our guys will look at it." They send me a prepaid label, I shipped it to them, and two weeks later they returned it. They not only replaced the frame but also refurbished the pistol, replacing the springs and minor parts (mag catch, takedown pin) despite there not being a problem with anything else and me not mentioning it.
>>
File: my fav keyboard.jpg (719 KB, 1800x973) Image search: [Google]
my fav keyboard.jpg
719 KB, 1800x973
WALTHER A BEST
pro
WALTHER A BEST
con
WALTHER A BEST GUN
>>
>>28609969
>Rogers

Kostas? Is that you?

My Greek friend can't say "Ruger" to save his life and always calls the company "Roger" or "Rogers". He always told me he had a "Rogers .38" and I never cared because I thought it was some no-name piece of shit. I learned later it was a beautiful old SP101.
>>
>>28610692
>dat 41

I'm jelly as fuck
>>
>>28613695
That Model 9 is nice, but no Walther collection is complete without a briefcase full of Model 2s
>>
>>28613695
Your collection always makes me wet. And sad that the only Walther I have so far is a PPX.
>>
>>28613695
I need a threaded barrel for a P99.

got an extra one handy?
>>
>>28610035
I have a Sig 556 and 522 I got in a buy one get one free deal. They are both pretty awesome rifles. I've never had a failure on the 556 and it eats brass all day.
>>
>>28613813
>buy one get one free
Damn, why can I never find deals like that
>>
>>28613790
No, but Jarvis made a batch last year, poke around some forums and see if you can turn one up.
>>
File: 1452979255338.gif (1 MB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
1452979255338.gif
1 MB, 450x268
Currently, it's a tie between Ruger, Lel-Kek, and Sig.

>All 3 make great and innovative products.
>All 3 have been making great strides into improving quality and production volume
>All 3 have fantastic customer support

Sig
>Make some of the best combat, carry, and competition pistols in the world
>Their rifles are good options for those entering the AR world
>Repeatedly troll the ATF and tell them to go fuck themselves
>M-series rifles and subguns are amazing
Cons
>expensive, and in some cases overpriced
>had shit quality after moving to Exeter, but got their shit together

Lel-Kek
>Interesting designs like the RDB, SUB-2K, RFB, KSG, PMR-30, and CMR-30
>have significantly improved QC and production volume after 2013
>RDB currently looking to be one of the best bullpups on the market
>Produce fun and practical plinkers like the PMR, CMR, and SUB-2K
>see and actively report on problems people have and improve on them

Cons
>Still low volume of long guns coming out
>Still spotty quality on first batches
>Expensive (mostly due to market, not them)

Ruger
>Quickly becoming the biggest US Domestic manufacturer
>Overbuilt and quality guns
>Went from being Bill Ruger's fudd company to producing ARs, standard-cap mags, tactical rifles, and jumping into the NFA market
>Reliable guns
>Somehow managed to fix carrier tilt on their piston AR, something H&K hasn't even done with the MR556 and MR762

Cons
>Lots of guns coming out with canted sights or no sights at all
>Generally meh-triggers on their guns
>Heavy guns
>>
>>28613963
>Kel-Tec
>>Still spotty quality on first batches

You telling me the P3AT, P11, PF9, and P32 are still in their first production batch?
>>
>>28614001
I'm primarily talking about their rifles.

Though my PF9 has never had a single malfunction that wasn't due to shitty Remington anmo.
>>
File: makarovisbestmak.jpg (78 KB, 745x600) Image search: [Google]
makarovisbestmak.jpg
78 KB, 745x600
Baikal

Pros
>Dirt cheap
>Insanely reliable
>crazy simple
>cheap aftermarket

>Cons
>fucking strange commie calibers
>>
>>28614068

It's not 1993. 9x18 is widely available to anyone with a debit card.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/brown-bear/1000-round-case-9x18-makarov-94-grain-fmj-brown-bear-ammo-lacquered-steel-case

Not exactly the cheapest stuff in the world (about 25 cents a round shipped) but I never put that much through my mak or my p64 during a range trip anyway.
>>
>>28614107
Not unless you live in a remote part of the world m8.

>Alaska
Can't order ammo.
>>
File: image.png (162 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
162 KB, 500x333
Česká zbrojovka/CZ USA

Pros:
>unparalleled ergonomics
>cheaper than most guns relative to quality
>stainless steel pistols are superb, if that's your thing
>sexy as fuck
>RAMI is one of the better CCW options out there
Cons:
>forged barrels fast becoming antiquated and can have problems
>sometimes rough machining
>not awful, but DA triggers have a reputation for being heavy
>their polymer line is okay, but can't compete with glock
>>
File: IMG_20151018_164725 (1).jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151018_164725 (1).jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>28614163
Did someone say stainless CZ?
>>
Ruger
Pro: Has the best .22 semi-auto pistol line on the planet
Mini-14 > 85% of AR-15s

Con: "No honest person needs more than 10 rounds"
>>
>>28614203
>Con: "No honest person needs more than 10 rounds"
What is this, 1994?
>>
>>28614203
>Con: "No honest person needs more than 10 rounds"

Is this not cancelled out by Bill being dead for 14 years and Ruger making >10rnd mags for everything now?
>>
>>28614199
I'm pretty sure your rear sight shouldn't do that.
>>
File: image.gif (330 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
330 KB, 900x673
>>28613963
>>Repeatedly troll the ATF and tell them to go fuck themselves

How so?
>>
>>28614203
Fuck that. They make 25 round mags in house for the 10/22.
>>
>>28614238
Not him,
But what's wrong?
>>
File: IMG_20151018_164431.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151018_164431.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>28614238
Do what? It's centred, if that's what you mean. The CZ's slide contour just means both sides stick out a bit.
>>
File: sig-vs-atf-1.jpg (182 KB, 1200x649) Image search: [Google]
sig-vs-atf-1.jpg
182 KB, 1200x649
>>28614263
Well there's the SIG brace, of course.

Then we mustn't forget the MPX "muzzle brake" that's totally not a suppressor and doesn't have threading on the end for any particular reason. Just a normal muzzle device, yup.
>>
>>28613813
That's a pretty amazing deal. How many rounds you figure you've thrown through the 556?
>>
>>28614314
Could an individual hypothetically acquire one of these muzzle brakes and install on an AR?
>>
Got a 10/22 and an American Rimfire .22lr. Love them both. Also have a mini 14. Love it too. It is such a joy to shoot. So fun, light, easy to use and it's such a cutie.

Not sure if I really have a favourite manufacturer since most of my shit is surplus, but Ruger has yet to disappoint me.
>>
>>28614333
No, because the ATF isn't stupid and cockblocked SIG. Unlike the brace, this "muzzle brake" was never allowed to leave the factory.
>>
I have 11 guns ,and three of the a rugers.
10/22
MK-III
And 77/17 Hornet

3 of my favorite guns.
>>
>>28613060
I don't know. There was a story today about gun control groups trying ineffectively to get people to divest from gun companies. I was actually going to buy some Ruger stock in retaliation until I saw how valuable it was.
>>
>>28613601
Not even the first guy but you are a massive faggot, you know that?
>>
>>28614346
No, I'm pretty sure the ATF is stupid.
>>
Kind of like Aero Precision. Newer AR makers who used to make blanks for other brands. Solid stuff at resonable prices.
>>
>>28609865
You forgot another Con:

> Anything Sig expensive as hell... P226, P229, P238, P938, etc.
>>
>>28614154
>Alaska

Just ride a fucking polar bear to Russia, or whatever you crazy bastards do
>>
>>28612996
Underrated post
>>
>>28613963
I do like Kel-Tsch for always coming up with something new and strange.
>>
>>28609814
>Ruger revolvers
>Pro
They're about $100 less expensive than Smith & Wessons.
>Con
Between 5 Ruger revolvers owned between me and my brother, TWO now have had an issue with the cylinder locking up while firing. One was manufactured in 2002. The other was manufactured in 2013. This is now a pattern.

>Ruger semi-autos
>Pro
These guns tend to run 100% reliably once you get the initial kinks worked out. I actually prefer the company's autos to their wheelguns, disregarding all the excessive safety features.
>Con
Occasionally, you will get a very minor parts failure or part recall and have to call Ruger to fix it. I have only good experiences dealing with Ruger's Prescott, AZ people, although the same can't be said for their NH (revolvers) people.

>Colt
>Pro
Fit and Finish of pre-war Colts is unmatched, and fit/finish of current 1911's is still top shelf. My Colt 1991 has never malfunctioned, although I understand that if you get one that doesn't run reliably all you have to do is get the extractor tuned and they will all run 100%.
>Con
The company is barely competitive on the market anymore, and only recently became relevant again when they dropped their prices by $100+ on all their guns.

>Taurus
>Pro
Low price guns that fill a lot of niches.
>Con
Not just inexpensive, cheap. These guns are RARELY reliable, or durable. They do have a good warranty, but that's the same for all the cheap, low grade pistols. The warranty is not going to save you when your gun falls apart in your hands during a gunfight.

>Sig Sauer
>Pro
True enthusiasts' guns. Great build quality, great triggers, great designs that lead the market.
>Con
After having owned several Sigs, I can confidently say that their Exeter products are inferior to the old German Sigs. New designs aren't as well tested before they hit the market and the construction techniques are inferior (ex: new ss slide material causes faster anodizing loss on the frame rails than W. German carbon steel slides).
>>
>>28619350
Not even a rugerfag but

>TWO now have had an issue with the cylinder locking up while firing. One was manufactured in 2002. The other was manufactured in 2013. This is now a pattern.

Two guns in 11 years is not a pattern, bru
>>
>>28609936
I just got thr ruger .556 and honestly think it will be my only AR. I love it.
>>
>>28621398
>.556

You can't hunt a deer with that, you'd blow it to pieces!
>>
Another Ruger fan.

I own:
LCP
10/22
Single-Ten Revolver
SR1911

and I only have good things to say about all 4 weapons. They make good quality weapons at a decent price.
>>
>>28621772
Anything special about the 1911? Thinking of buying one, not sure which brand to pick.
>>
>>28609814
Ruger
>Pros
Lots of left handed shooter gear
Most of their pistols can probably survive the type of abuse that'd make a 1911 cry tears to browning
Decent cost for shooting

>Cons
Proprietary ammunition in some rifles.
Semi-autos sometimes have failures
>>
>>28621887
>Proprietary ammunition in some rifles.

Wut? You mean the super limited RCM line?

How is that a negative? They're not like Weatherby where some models are ONLY available in their proprietary cartridges. They just offer RCM to people who want it.
>>
>>28609814
>Glock
pro
>really are pretty damn reliable, cheapish, and widely available
con
>glock fanboys are insane, but fanboy detractors are too
>glocks have pretty shit aesthetics

I actually broke a glock once. It was an old police piece nearly as old as me at the time. The little "nipple" of plastic that sticks out from the front, under the barrel, it the top part of the spring rod. I broke the nipple off by putting the gun in my glovebox sort of roughly. I was always surprised I actually broke a glock.

When I called glock, they sent me a new spring rod, that I think is better made, free of charge.
>>
>>28614203

I love the Mini and will defend it to the death, but the AR is an objectively superior platform. I own a post-580 Mini with five hundred bucks of work, and my low-budget AR is a "better" gun.

The Mini is a gorgeous gun and it's a ton of fun to shoot, but the AR is more consistent, more accurate and more reliable.
>>
Chiappa

Pro:
>Interesting designs
>Affordable

Con:
>Poor quality control
>Started putting RFID chips in their stuff post-2011
>>
>>28622998
>Con:
>>Started putting RFID chips in their stuff post-2011

Are you being serious right now
>>
>>28623911
How do you not know about this?
>>
>>28621398
Regular or Takedown? Honestly considering one
>>
>>28624668
I do know about this. I also know the RFID chips are put in there for stock-keeping purposes and aren't part of some vast conspiracy to track your guns. Every time I hear some dumb redneck say "I like dem der Rhinos but won't buy one because them eye-talians put tracking chips in 'em so Obama knows where the guns are" I want to shoot myself and everyone around me.
>>
>>28612996
>>
>>28612996
This funny nigga
>>
>>28619706
You don't understand how statistics works, at all. The sample size is five revolvers, not eleven years. Why you thought otherwise is a very poor reflection on the education system that allowed you to graduate high school. Two defective revolvers out of five sampled is a 40% failure rate, my friend.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.