[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come a shitload of soldiers and Marines wear an ACH that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 234x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 234x234
How come a shitload of soldiers and Marines wear an ACH that's a size too small?

It makes them look like literal dickheads

There should be a name for this phenomenon
>>
>>28579640
I always wondered this as well.
>>
>>28579640
>get issued something you have no knowledge about
>wear it to prevent injury

The real question would be why can't the mil issue shit correctly? Which leads us to more incompetent motherfuckers and people who were just told to issue gear that week and eyeball it.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x332
Bumping with dickheads
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1200x800
>>
because the military is run by faggots

I didn't have plates until a week before we went in country. Range requirement to shoot the range? That's okay lance coolie it's okay this time because ill catch hell if i tell anyone

faggots top to bottom
>>
File: image.jpg (515 KB, 1800x1205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
515 KB, 1800x1205
>>28579673
>no knowledge about

Are you telling me the average grunt can't name off every single piece of gear they use,their body size and the correponding size of gear they should use?

Shit,no wonder stuff like this happens
>>
>>28579766
Well since there's a DAGR in that pic, I've met people who didn't even know what a DAGR is.
>>
>>28579640
Its either wear one that's too small or wear one that's too big and make you look like those Hawaiian bobby heads.

>>28579673
Logisitics and supply are the real enemy not ISIS with their aloha snack but that supply sergeant that refuses to give you equipment because he think that shit is his.
>>
>>28579640
>hurr durr, their military looks more professional than ours
>"they look like dick heads! Ours definitely dont look like something out of spaceballs or anything!"
Faggot eurocuck.
>>
>>28579640
Because CIF is a bunch of civilians who either don't give a shit or don't know. Issuing it to a person brand new to the army who either doesn't give a shit or doesn't know. You keep an ACH through your whole "career" in the army, so you're pretty much stuck with it unless you start caring about size and somehow find the time to go and trade it in.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 574x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 574x430
>>28579892
Im from buttfuck cornstalk shillinois,come here and ill kick your ass,fuckboy
>>
smaller size helmet = smaller weight sitting on your head...
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 640x457
>>
>>28579986
Hail fellow cornbro...what part of IL.?
>>
>>28579766
>no knowledge of
Yes, prior to actually using the equipment (after being issued it, mind you) the only real knowledge you have Is "displayed right hurr is helmut, prodect ya head".
There are women right now who are wearing a bra that doesn't fit them, something they use nearly every day and have since they were teenagers. It's not a stretch to believe that people don't know how to size helmets, and to compound the problem are given the wrong sizes by a dickhead supply guy as >>28579865 points out.

Earlier this week I wore a helmet and plate carrier that was sized to me because "you look the same size as so and so".
>>
>>28580030
Uh, OP, all the helmets in that picture are correctly sized. Do you know how the ACH is suppose to wear and fit or are you looking and going "well this doesn't seem right to me even though I have no knowledge of what's going on".
>>
>>28580387
Different guy, 217?
>>
About to get this bag of wank in the UK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2933921/British-soldiers-equipped-state-art-battle-helmets-Stormtrooper-look.html
>>
>>28579640
There is a name for it. Shit pogs issue gear without giving a shit. My kpot was fucking two sizes two big, and my last issue iba was a size too small. God forbid you trade around for the right size too. Some units just have shitty supply people who don't care, others understand they provide life saving gear.
>>
>>28580736
>He said: ‘We are trying to make it sexy as more often than not soldiers want sexy kit.'

>He added: ‘They want to look increasingly cool and the helmet becomes part of that. Soldiers are very fussy.

How is that sexy or cool looking?
>>
>>28580847
Well as a surprise to absolutely fucking no-one actually serving, the people that get paid to design these things are often broadcasting from planet lunatic, as in that helmet I cannot aim, go prone, use camouflage, or expect to move inside any vehicle without taking all the gadgets and facegaurd off.
>>
File: mk7.jpg (6 KB, 225x190) Image search: [Google]
mk7.jpg
6 KB, 225x190
is this what you like op you stupid faggot
>>
>>28580707
>or are you looking and going "well this doesn't seem right to me even though I have no knowledge of what's going on".
This is the entirety of /k/ minus 5 tripfags
>>
>>28579673
This so hard.

In AF BMT I was issued boots that were a size too big because the size down they didn't have in wide, which led to some nice blisters.

Fuck the military. The bureaucratic bullshit involved makes it completely ineffective for anything besides dropping bombs in the wrong spots. They need serious reform.
>>
>>28580901
And thus, with your reply, we have solved the size down helmet paradigm in the USMC.
It's not going to do dick against a bullet, but it will prevent a nice wanger on your head when running into an APC with sharp corners all over it whilst under fire.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 470x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 470x720
>>28581095
>didn't pick the right sized boots during Air Force basic
>got some blisters doing super light training
>somehow this is an indictment of the entire US military
Your bitch ass got dropped in basic didn't it?
>>
>>28579865
>Logisitics and supply are the real enemy not ISIS with their aloha snack but that supply sergeant that refuses to give you equipment because he think that shit is his.

The British lost a lot of guys because of this in the past. Now look what's beginning to happen. An underfunded undertrained military attempting to police their interests around the world.
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>28581135
They literally did not make the right size. And yes. I busted my knee because I tripped on my oversize boots with blister feet and the Major recommended me for ELS. I said fuck it and spent a nice while in Med Hell thinking I was going to be human traffick'd then went the fuck home and fucked bitches.
>>
>>28581170
>11, fits great, but jesus christ the sides of my feet are hanging way the fuck off of the soles painfully
>11.5W ridiculously too wide, and long, feet slide around, but know from experience as a runner, much better to be way too lose than too tight
Adenovirus 4 & 7 is some nasty shit.
>>
>>28580664
>There are women right now who are wearing a bra that doesn't fit them
70% of fucking t-shirts I see men wearing are a full size too large.
>>
>>28581170
>Kicked out in Basic
You fit the stereotypical angst against the military because I never finished basic training.

I bet you tell everyone how you are a veteran too.
>>
>>28581135
theyre not wrong theyre just a pussy
>>
>>28581187
maweens gave me a half size too small and a width too small. Couldnt feel feet for a long time. Got to not be able to climb rope by the end of boot camp and couldnt figure out why

eventually figured out right size boots

humping machine
>>
>>28581195
BTFO>>28581170
>>
File: image.png (177 KB, 530x310) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177 KB, 530x310
>>28581150
>this is what idiots actually believe
>>
>>28579640
what i want to know is howcome you guys get your helmet covers to fit so nice and tight...
>>
>>28581238
Not him, but how is it not true? Brits were getting fucked in Afghanistan before it became cool.
>>
>>28581231
Wait, who is BTFO?
>>
File: image.png (173 KB, 464x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173 KB, 464x225
>>28581170
>tripped over your own damn feet and got kicked out of the Air Force
Oh god, it's a joke that writes itself!

Anyway I'm going to let you in in a secret everybody who managed to finish basic already knows pussy senpai, the military gives you a clothing allowance outside of basic to go buy your own boots.

Fucking crazy right? It's almost like your basic training experiences have no reflection on the military as a whole.
>>
>>28581240
Get it wet scrub.
>>
>>28581112
Does about the same protection as the ACH helmet dawg.
>>
>>28581238
If you are in the raf I don't doubt you have had pleasant experiences with drawing kit instead of the "stores are for storing" civvy theives who work for the rest of logs. Had to do my 30 miler in pusser's cheesegrater boots with huge fucking holes in them because some bastard wouldn't part with the altberges he was saving for his eBay account.
>>
>>28581293
That's completely irrelevant. Considering they don't necessarily have Ebay access in Afghanistan. A lot like BMT.

Who says I didn't make the right choice choosing to separate? I got 4 years of my life back to do whatever the fuck I want.

It's okay if you're jealous.
>>
>>28581301
Nvm, thinking of one of the fast mandible guards.
>>
First time I went through CIF I was a brand new private and had no idea about my size or anything, since no one got to pick their sizes in basic, we just got given shit and told to wear it.
So they looked at me, being tall and thin and were like "medium long", even though I could literally wear an extra small long.
Second time around I knew better and when they tried to give me the size too big I told them to give me a small.

Same with my ACH, they just gave me a large or something and sent me down the line. I knew better the second time.
>>
>>28581318
>Kicked out without seeing the world, getting benefits like the GI Bill
It's like you wasted your fucking time. I feel bad for you but you don't have to be so pissed off with the military. The basic training is there to weed out weak people. You couldn't even make it through that, and you blame it on your boots. You were weak and needed to get out. Just accept that.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 476x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 476x600
>>28581318
>That's completely irrelevant. Considering they don't necessarily have Ebay access in Afghanistan. A lot like BMT.
Actually you do. Hell I know multiple guys who ordered boots off amazon while on deployment. Also unless you're an idiot, you're going to deploy with properly sized boots and a back up pair.

It's not like you're going to arrive in Afghanistan and go "Jesus I have no boots!" Also they can supply them to you from a local CIF pretty easily too if something were to happen.

>it's okay if you're jealous.
Why would I be jealous? I get paid to jump out of planes, shoot guns, and generally be awesome. My time in the military has been great.

Where as you're apparently so bitter about your time in basic you're still shitposting on a Mongolian grass whistling appreciation forum about it.
>>
because you get issued what u fucking get issued. ive had a ACH one size too small for 2 years now. the only thing you can do about it is if you get very lucky to trade it with someone who has the size you need and THEY need your size in return. either that or have good luck with supply which isnt happening
>>
File: image.gif (25 KB, 542x308) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
25 KB, 542x308
>>28581301
>>28581334
Actually no, I am right. NIJ level IIIa, with slightly worse protection than the ACH.

https://www.revisionmilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/REV1373d_NIJ_COMPARISON_TECH-SHEET-v4.pdf
>>
>the military issues shit, tune in for more at 11

Shit I've been issued, included but not limited to:

- pants from -69
- jacket from -71
- XL flak vests when I'm like 5'8"/160lbs

The supply depot was run by LITERAL tards cause like they need government granted jobs too. Try to get like fucking passable gloves (as in all fingers attached) when you can't even be sure if you get back all the gear you handed over. Then you run in three pairs of undies for two weeks and your fag friendo steals a pair of those for unspecified purposes and you get your ass court martialed for stealing government property. The next time I'm over to the supply depot, I'm gonna dive myself into that junkpile and atleast fetch myself proper boots.
>>
>>28581424
https://www.revisionmilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Batlskin_Viper_Mandible_Guard_Sales_Sheet_-_June_2015.pdf
>>
>>28581420
You could also just go to CIF and exchange it. Unless your team leader is a dick they shouldn't have any problems letting you go to CIF to get a properly sized helmet.
>>
>>28581318
You're a fucking clumsy retard who couldn't even make it through Air Force basic. Which is inarguably the easiest branch for clumsy retards. So no, I don't think any of us are jealous.
>>
>>28580725
>>28579986
>>28580387

Different anon here, but I'm a cornstalk-buttfuck-Illinois 618 now living on the west coast in a state with better gun laws than IL
>>
>>28581523
>>28580725
>>28580387

Op here 708
>>
>>28581415
>>28581458
>>28581403
>implying I didn't choose to leave

Was offered a waiver. I wouldn't have been recommended if I hadn't had a knee surgery that my recruiter apparently pulled strings to not get a waiver for in the first place.

>bash knee on stairs
>think nothing of it, but painful, wake up next day and knee is the size of a fucking cantaloupe
>cartilage damage says MRI
>get surgery or leave, oh wait, I see you have scars on both knees for corrective surgery
>you didn't need a waiver? wtf recommend for ELS for fraudelent enlistment
>talk with ADC, tell me to write a statement
>I do, explain I told MEPS and my recruiter, my records reflect this
>told I still have to leave with erroneous enlistment or MAYBE get a waiver to continue training
>fuck it, bye,
After being threatened thoroughly and spending several weeks in Med Hold I wasn't about to RTT. Fuck that shit. Now I'm a free man, and instead of dutch rudders I get whichever beautiful badge bunny I want as an armed guard.
I saw Europe as a kid anyway, since I'm an Indian of the feather persuasion, there is a lot of rich Europeans in the market for dinner entertainment.
>>
>>28581415
> I get paid to do sucky things

Maybe my definition of fun is different than yours. I like to get laid, and keep my feet on the ground. You get to follow regs and are forced to do all the things no matter how shit or get reprimanded.
What part of BMT am I bitching about all the time? Maybe I can save someone else the trouble, and months of life that I spent in what was basically jail for getting injured, coupled with a completely fucking broken bureaucratic process.
>>
>>28579995
Mystery solved
>>
File: sMbh2IZ.png (227 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
sMbh2IZ.png
227 KB, 500x347
>>28581719
>Offered a waiver
That's when I stopped believing you.
>>
>>28579995
They're not even heavy tho
>>
>>28579640
>>28579681
>>28579724
>>28579766
>>28579986
>>28580030

Can you please post soldiers wearing the correct size ACH for comparison? How do you know if it's too big or small?
Personally, half of those look to be correct sizes.
>>
>>28582234
Then you're completely retarded.
>>
>>28582234
Oh also I scored like 96 on the ASVAB, and I was comsig intel so maybe they wanted me sorta more than your average dumbfuck going into flightline maintenance.
>>
>>28581170
>They literally did not make the right size.
What? How. I wear size 11 6E combat boots, and they're one of the few types available in that width.

For context E and 2E are wide, most companies only make 3E, 4E is a bitch to find and 6E is god damn impossible.

So, yeah, they make it, you just failed to take responsibility and get your shit sorted.
>>
>>28584422
Well I argued with the trainee and even went over and looked for the right size and there were none. Maybe he was retarded and they were just out of my size at the moment, but I still have the fucking boots.
>>
>>28581170
8 wide. my altimas are fucking comfortable especially with the dr shills insols.
>>
File: 1452146529082.gif (920 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1452146529082.gif
920 KB, 245x230
>>28584271
>comsig intel
>>
>>28586764
>got kicked out in basic
>expecting me to give a shit about your proper acronyms
>>
>>28579640
The helmets are actually the correct size.

They look like the incorrect size because of head shape

Trust me, I fucking know. I went to all the trouble of building a modern Mich helmet and it looks like shit on my head
>>
>>28586899
>The AF offering you a waiver for a career field that's been overmanned since 09
>>
>>28579640
>>
>>28587064
>I don't know what the word maybe means
FTFY
>>
>>28587765
If they didn't want you, you wouldn't have been offered a waiver, and if you were trying for what you say, they wouldn't have wanted you.

A weasel word on your part doesn't make your nest of falsehoods more believable.
>>
>>28589159
I don't know what the fuck you're on about. I told you what happened, if you don't want to believe it, that's your own personal problem.
>>
>>28589159
They tried to fuck me over, and I said no fuck you, you don't get to use my intellect, and backed out without even trying to stay in. I wasn't "trying" for 1N231, I signed the first contract I was offered because I was a stupid kid. I wanted to be a helicopter gunner.
>>
>>28580725
217 champaign urbana fag here
>>
>>28579995
Fuck that noise. I wore a medium ACH and would get nothing but fucking headaches despite trying to rearrange the pads. Only time that shit fit snug and without giving me a headache when I only left like 3 or 4 small pads in. Eventually exed it for a large and added a aftermarket gelpad and was fucking golden.

TLDR: if it fits comfortably yet safe to wear at the same time, the weight difference is entirely negligible
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.