[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they ever have a chance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 16
>>
>>
Eh... not really unfortunately.

Can't have the UK (NATO member) being undermined by communist-sympathetic rebels now can we?
>>
>>
>>
>>28574929
Were they really communist sympathizers? As in, did they endorse the Soviets?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>28574959
No the war was protestants who oppressed, abused, and killed catholics. like they had done for many many many years. Examples: You could be pulled over by british police or armed forces for anything at anytime for whatever reason. In the whole times of the campaigns only 1 british soldier was tried for murder. He was jailed for a year or 2 then brought right back into the army. The IRA straight up said they never wanted to kill innocents they were just sick of the BS and being fucked around with and persecuted for generations. Peaceful protests seemed to never work (see bloody sunday).
>>
>>28575224
Could you paraphrase the whole scenario with the IRA? I know almost nothing about them aside from the name and the whole thing makes no sense to me.
>>
File: street sweepers.jpg (598 KB, 1682x1088) Image search: [Google]
street sweepers.jpg
598 KB, 1682x1088
>>28574873
>>
>>28575224
>bombing pubs full of civilians
>not wanting to target the innocent
Thatcher did nothing wrong desu senpai
>>
>>28575436

It's the British version of the Civil War. One of the last conflicts of whites slaughtering other whites.
>>
>>28575480
:citation:
>>
File: 237237823482345858.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
237237823482345858.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
>>28575449

>Not background resolution tier.

Comon son.
>>
>>28575224
>The IRA straight up said they never wanted to kill innocents
Then they go and bomb civilians.
>terrorist organizations lie
whodathunk
>>
>>28575496
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_pub_bombings
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process
Atrocities on both sides m8. Troubles was an ugly war.
>>
>>28575592
>>28575556
They also would call ahead of the bombings and tell security forces to evacuate civilians.
>>
>>28575654
Except when they would call an entirely different location from the one they would bomb.
>>
>>28575662
I assume you are talking about the Omagh bombing?
>>
>>28574873
From many points of view, they actually won. Reading material http://exiledonline.com/wn-38-ira-vs-al-qaeda-i-was-wrong/
>>
>>28574983
>the manlet will never be scary
>>
>>28575654
>not reading both links
IRA operations bombed pubs, trains, other non-military targets repeatedly. For a while the grand hotel in Belfast had the distinction of being the most bombed building in the world- it was targeted because a small explosion in a building full of foreign press correspondents was an easy way to generate publicity for the provos.
>>
To win a full military victory? No. Consider the british army in NI was 30k+ at peak, plus tens of thousands more militarised police and loyalist paramilitaries (for comparison, Helmand province is several times larger yet the British had only a fraction of this amount there). Then they had to form from scratch, organise their own weapons smuggling and training and counterintelligence and operations all in secret (not to mention few or none of them had military experience or even firearms experience).

But could they fight Britain to a standstill and win a favourable peace, that solved the fundamental issues that provoked their rising in the first place? Yes. That's what they did.
The issues being lack of political representation and institutional discrimination
>>
>>28575483
The British version of the civil war is the English civil war
>>
>>28575850
>the manlet shall be your most sadistic torturer
Little man syndrome.
>>
THE IRAS WERE GOOD BOYS DEY DINDU NUFFIN!!
>>
>>28577264
>i dont want to be a slave to some old whore granny gtfo of my country
>no, shine my shoes ginger nigger
Fuck off, britscum.
~American
>>
>>28575863
>For a while the grand hotel in Belfast
The Europa Hotel
>>
You find that discussions like these always descend into fanboys aping their chosen team and refusing to concede that most factions in the conflict were completely nigger-tier.
>My guys were the good guys, they killed drug dealers! (conveniently leaving out that they were killing RIVAL drug dealers)
>My guys were the good guys, they didn't bomb anyone! (except all those times when they did)
>My guys were the good guys, they fought for independence! (or so their rhetoric went, but the actual reason was money and power)
And then the plastic paddies (the biggest zealots, in spite of having no stake in the conflict) show up and the pissing match turns into a shitfight.
>>
>>28574959
no, they aligned themselves with Nazi Germany actually
>>
>>28577622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yHdvtH_as
>>
>>28577419
>implying my ancestors werent so assfucked by the english that they had to sail 7000 to finally pop the tip of that bong schlong out of their anus and proceed to warn the next generation of english ass faggotry till the end of time
Your kind are just the useful cucks that stayed behind to ratfuck on your brothers for table scraps.
>>
>>28574983
BTW the G-3 to the right is actually an AG-3, a licensed Norwegian version.
>>
>>28575654
>implying that makes it any better
>>
>>28575436
The IRA wanted unification between northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and they were willing to kill to try and get it. They used a combination of bombings and shootings on British soldiers as well as intimidation and assassination of prominent protestant judges, politicians, police officers etc. Most of the attacks happened in Northern Ireland however there were a few incidents on the UK mainland, including mortar attacks on 10 Downing street and the bombing of a hotel that Margaret Thatcher (the British Prime Minsiter at the time) was supposed to be staying in. The conflict was extremely dirty and there was a lot of propaganda on both sides and secret killings (lookup Stakeknife for more info - all claims are yet to be proven) and deals between the British Government and various IRA leadership. The conflict, dubbed 'the Troubles', culminated in 1998 with the Good Friday Agreement, a deal signed by the British Government and Sienn Fien (pronounced SHIN FANE), the political wing of the IRA, to end the conflict and live relatively peacefully. The state of the conflict today is still very much alive, however, it's just very secretive and underground and is more centered around crime and the promotion of sectarian violence. Anyone that tells you the IRA no longer exists, or northern Ireland is quiet, has no idea what is happening in the country at the minute.
>>
What gets me is the morons in America who donated money to the IRA would probably be rather butthurt if you told them they were funding civilian murdering terrorists.

Its what happens when stupid people get too caught up in 'muh heritage' I suppose.
>>
>>28574873
>>28574904
>>28574931
>>28574939
>>28574968
>>28574983
>>28575131
>>28575170
Are Irish people really too poor to afford a color camera or are they artsy hipsters?
>>
>>28575662
On one occasion the brits evacuated the civilians to another bomb site. It was probably accidental though
>>
>>28574931
looks like a trap, any mor pics?
>>
>>28577971
these are from the 60's- early 70's m80 color cameras were expensive af back then
>>
>>28574959
Like a lot of rebel groups that cared more about their national independence and other issues (ie: the Vietnamese), they were happy to take money and training, but that didn't necessarily make them commies (not that they weren't labelled as such when it was a convenient propaganda tactic).
>>
>>28575224
>The IRA straight up said they never wanted to kill innocents they were just sick of the BS and being fucked around with and persecuted for generations

Fucking kill yourself

The IRA murdered and terrorised its own community, you bloody revisionist.
>>
>>28577657

When its your own family, friends and neighbours getting shot, fire-bombed, torchered and "disappeared".

How long would you keep fighting for freedom if I were to remind you which and what time your little sister and brother walks back from school eh? Be a shame if you weren't told that there was going to be a sniper up and around that area in the afternoon. But I mean fair game right? Gotta spill that blood for liberty, you know?

We'll see how long that tough guy talk lasts, so get off your high horse.
>>
File: gerryadam.jpg (75 KB, 820x620) Image search: [Google]
gerryadam.jpg
75 KB, 820x620
TIOCFAIDH AR LA! F.T.P.S.N.I
>>
File: 1432160971090.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1432160971090.gif
2 MB, 500x209
A good Irish man is a dead Irish man
>>
File: 539w[1].jpg (32 KB, 539x269) Image search: [Google]
539w[1].jpg
32 KB, 539x269
Lest any treacherous rebel thinks he knows what Belfast truly wants...
>>
>>28574873
A chance at what? It takes too long to understand about profit racketeering and the business of coal, oil and natural gas.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.