[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USP in 9mm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: usp_9.jpg (103 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
usp_9.jpg
103 KB, 500x375
Should I get a USP in 9mm?
>>
>>28545256

>yeah they're awesome

>no they suck

there you go OP. every response you'll get will be some variation of these. Why dont you go rent and shoot one you faggot
>>
Do you want a Glock, but you're the kind of person that says "I hate Glocks" for no reason other than "they're ugly"

If yes, then it's perfect for you.
>>
>>28545305

>implying the USP is better looking
>>
>>28545272
I did and I liked it.
I have the money on hand to buy it but I just wanted to ask /k/'s opinion on it.

Though you're right I should've waited for night time to ask.
>>
>>28545305
No I don't hate glocks I just like the USP more

Honestly I'm actually wondering if I should just get another handgun or revolver, or if I should look around for a USP 45
>>
File: masterandcommander.jpg (93 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
masterandcommander.jpg
93 KB, 550x310
>>28545315

>/k/'s opinion

as if /k/ is a single person

some people are going to like it, others wont

if you like it buy you faggot, stop worrying about what random autists on a mongolian pottery forum think
>>
>>28545334
Considerations will need to be taken into account if this is a safe queen or carry piece.

Ergonomics are key.

Let's assume you're 100% happy with its performance in terms of accuracy and reliability.
Now you need to consider about whether or not you wish to buy holsters, accessories such as lights, etc.

USP isn't as popular as ye olde Glock, and requires a rail adaptor unless you use the H&K UTL light. Likewise, if you wish to find a holster (especially a kydex/molded one), you will need to get one that's specifically tailored to that particular combo, including the rail adapter itself.
Also consider that the .45 and 9mm models are different sizes so accessories may not be intercompatible.

At least you're not after the Tactical. That thing is 100% unholsterable.
>>
>>28545256
I own a full-size USP in 9mm, its a great range gun.
I have a match trigger (with the standard blue hammer spring installed) and Trijicon HD night sights on it. I've never had any problems with it (but then again Ive never had any problems with my CZ75, my FNS9, my Sig 226 or my Glock 17 except for the occasional girl who limp wrists it).
Its not the be all end all of 9mm full size guns, but it is a really good example of a full size 9mm handgun. I vastly prefer it to anything striker fired.
I also have a Compact in .40 with the LEM trigger, I like that a lot too but its not as fun at the range, and its a lot uglier than the full size.
tl;dr you wouldn't be disappointed but it won't instantly make you an operator or better shot or anything.
>>
>>28545404
I have a bladetech nano for my fullsize and an advanced performance for my compact. Pretty much any company that makes kydex holsters will make them for the USP series, they just may not be in stock at the average gun shop.
>>
>>28545425
Do they take weapon lights?
>>
>>28545439
No, I'm too thin to carry a gun with a weapon light comfortably so I just have a hand held light. I also pretty much exclusively carry iwb though, I hate owb carry.
I got a holster for my glock 32 with a surefire x300 and I can't carry it comfortably for more than 10 minutes.
>>
>>28545467
That's a shame, I've been after a holster for a USP 45 Tactical that takes a weapon light (any kind,really), but it seems nobody wants to deal with a holster for a pistol that has those ridiculous sights and threaded barrel.
>>
>>28545404
well i plan to kind of leave it in a dresser most of the time but also use it as a carry piece when winter rolls around.

>>28545336
I just want some opinions, its not like I'm letting /k/ make my purchase for me

>>28545406
Not really expecting it to make me a better shooter thats just ridiculous.
Is there any full size 9mm you prefer over your USP?
>>
>>28545467

I'm 6 foot 165 lbs i carry a fullsize with a light. I dont wear baggy clothes either. Its not that you cant do it, its that youre doing it wrong.
>>
>>28545502
I guarantee you could find someone to make you exactly what you want locally, just go to local shops and gun shows and ask around.
>>28545532
>Is there any full size 9mm you prefer over your USP?
It depends, my Browning Hi Powers are better looking, the CZ fits my hand the best, the Glock is tough as nails, the Sig has the best double action trigger, the P-38 has the most history, the FNS has the best features especially for its size, but I shoot the USP the most often and the best. I have a thing for full size 9mm handguns.
>>
File: USP45a.jpg (552 KB, 2190x1365) Image search: [Google]
USP45a.jpg
552 KB, 2190x1365
>>28545256
no

45 or bust
>>
>>28545574
I'm 6'4" 165lbs and I don't wear baggy clothes either.
I never said I can't do it, I just said its extremely uncomfortable. I suppose I should also mention that I have a bad back from a snowboarding accident so that plays in to my holster choice as well.
I honestly don't see the purpose of your concealed gun having a weapon light on it desu. You're much more likely to need a flashlight than a pistol, and you'd probably get in trouble if you whip out your pistol with a surefire attached when you're checking the number on your parking stub.
>>
>>28545651
Different circumstances, I guess. I carry a small pocket torch in my jacket, so it's usually not an issue. I just like the notion of having a free hand if I'm holding a gun.
>>
>>28545651
i cant imagine someone in their right mind preferring to use their pistol light than a phone light or a flashlight in their car for stuff like this

>>28545594
how come? I was thinking of just waiting on a .45 but I have the option of getting a 9 now
>>
>>28545406
>Its not the be all end all of 9mm full size guns, but it is a really good example of a full size 9mm handgun. I vastly prefer it to anything striker fired.
This implies that there is a hammer-fired 9mm handgun that you consider to be the be-all/end-all in this category.
>>28545591
>It depends, my Browning Hi Powers are better looking, the CZ fits my hand the best, the Glock is tough as nails, the Sig has the best double action trigger, the P-38 has the most history, the FNS has the best features especially for its size, but I shoot the USP the most often and the best. I have a thing for full size 9mm handguns.
This is a cop out.

Just saying... Of all the guns you listed, I would agree that Hi Powers are very nice, but they are not perfect. They have puny little sights, low capacity 13 round magazines, a trigger that needs to be modified in order to be acceptable, they are heavy, mags don't drop free, there is a lot of blued carbon steel that isn't so corrosion-resistant, the thumb safety is not very positive, and the slide is ridiculously hard to rack with the hammer down. Different variants and accessories fix some of these issues, but not all.
>>
>>28545256
For carry, I don't like it.
Too many edgies that can be stuck in your clothing when you draw the little fucker.

Glock has a cleaner desing for this reason.
>>
>>28545672
>how come?
it's a big gun. more justified in a big caliber.
one of the only .45s that is .45 Super ready with no modification (though you should swap out the recoil spring if you plan to shoot a lot of it)
also the mags are steel instead of plastic.
>>
I was just about to make a thread about this gun.

I have a USP 40 Compact with LEM trigger and I'm completely sold on the USP. I have tried other HKs and didn't like any of them nearly as much. The P30 really doesn't have a good trigger and the VP9 trigger breaks too far forward for my short fingers. The USP is also slimmer than either of those. I am mainly interested in getting a higher capacity USP than my 12-shot .40 S&W Compact, and I just can't decide on a caliber. I know that's not what you're asking, but here are my thoughts anyway.

USP9:
-15 round standard mags
-"Jet funnel" magwell and special mags (these are factory HK parts) increases capacity to 18
-Standard mags are plastic, but the jet funnel mags are like Glock mags: steel sleeve with plastic exterior, and are supposed to be 100% reliable
-Can't use standard mags with jet funnel magwell installed
-Standard mags are $40, but jet funnel mags are $90 (and the jet funnel magwell is $75)
-Low pressure caliber may increase life of the gun

USP40:
-13 round standard capacity mags are only 1 more round than my USP Compact
-Dat stoppin power, but no guarantee that this caliber will still be available/inexpensive in 20 years
-Jet funnel mag kit is available (brings capacity up to 16), but the mags for it are 1st generation and HK has made statements saying that they are not so reliable
-Plastic fucking magazine
-The snappiness of .40S&W is mitigated by a dual recoil spring buffer that is supposed to reduce felt recoil (I'm very curious about this)
-The gun is supposed to be extremely durable and have a long service life in this caliber, but I'm not sure about this aspect comparatively with the USP9
>>
>>28545728
>mags don't drop free
removing the mag disconnect fixes this problem as well as the trigger pull
>>
>>28545766
My point was that the original design has all these flaws and although it's possible to fix some of them after the fact, you can't fix all of them so it's definitely not a perfect 9mm handgun, in my view.
>>
>>28545748
If you swap out the recoil spring would that affect firing normal .45 in any way?

>>28545735
Any suggestions as an alternative? I plan not to really carry it and leave it more as a bedside gun but that doesnt mean I wont carry it ever.
>>
No, if you want USP, go for 40SW or .45, for a 9mm get à sig sauer.
>>
>>28545787
>Any suggestions as an alternative?
Taurus 24/7 G2?

>>28545805
>40SW
NOPE.
>>
>>28545735
>Too many edgies that can be stuck in your clothing when you draw the little fucker.
The slide release sticks out pretty far, but with the LEM variant, you can do away with the manual thumb safety and it becomes an extremely slim gun.

>>28545787
Honestly, I think the USP is going to be just about perfect as a bedside gun.

>>28545814
>Taurus
Aaaannnd opinion discarded.
>>
>>28545814
why this gun if you dont mind me asking
I hear Taurus isnt that great of a manufacturer
>>
>>28545828
>Aaaannnd opinion discarded.
That was obviously a sarcastic response. There is no alternative to Glock on this matter.

>>28545838
See above.
>>
>>28545805
Is there something wrong with the 9mm USP, in your view?

I'm >>28545752, and after owning many guns over the past several years, I have come to the conclusion that I am just not fond of the Sig P-series. I prefer the USP's ergonomics, trigger, and handling to Sigs, which is why I sold my last one, a P228, a little earlier this week
>>
>>28545814
>recommends Taurus instead of USP .40
>a fucking Taurus

Ok poor fag. USP .40's are great. Have a p226 and a USP .40. USP hands down is better.
>>
>>28545728
>This implies that there is a hammer-fired 9mm handgun that you consider to be the be-all/end-all in this category.
Sig P210.
>This is a cop out.
How so? Each gun is different so each gun is going to have different things that I like about it and things that I don't like. I'll say I don't care for the full size USP magazines, I think there is a lot of wasted space. The hi-power is an antiquated design, but thats partially why I like it so much (shooting one is a bit like shooting an old GI 1911). You don't buy a BHP for tactical reasons, you buy one because they are kind of small, they look like metal sex and Serpico had one. Comparing a HK USP to a BHP is kind of silly.
Of the guns that are similar to the USP (226, Glock 17, FNS 9, Beretta 92fs) the USP is my favorite. Happy?
>>
>>28545735
The only thing my USP has ever gotten caught on is the sights, which could happen to pretty much any gun with sights that protrude from the slide, but the Trijicon HD's are a bit taller than standard sights and god damn are the serrated rear sights sharp.
>>
>>28545921
>Sig P210.
Low capacity, heavy, more expensive than a rifle
>How so?
Because the phrase "be-all/end-all" implies only one answer.
>Of the guns that are similar to the USP (226, Glock 17, FNS 9, Beretta 92fs) the USP is my favorite. Happy?
Sadly, yes.
>>
File: 501px-TDKRUSPCompact.jpg (33 KB, 501x282) Image search: [Google]
501px-TDKRUSPCompact.jpg
33 KB, 501x282
>>28545256
yes

or consider a VP9 for something a little smaller and cheaper
>>
>>28545911
See this to understand the Taurus reply >>28545846
And this to understand why you dont get a 40 Schmidt & Wilson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc

>Why did you killed him?
>Because he let me.
>>
>>28545958
>Low capacity, heavy, more expensive than a rifle
Exclusivity is a good thing compadre.
Also, I was never asked to name a be-all/end-all pistol, I was merely asked if there was one that I preferred to the USP, so I think my answer was sufficient. I prefer certain aspects of the guns I mentioned, but I prefer shooting the USP (kind of, depends on the type of shooting).
>>
>>28545967
>reasons to not get a .40 Schneider & Watson
>not reasons to shoot before you are already getting shot at
>>
File: 1223563769.jpg (21 KB, 479x282) Image search: [Google]
1223563769.jpg
21 KB, 479x282
>>28545967
Every fucking time

This one and the brick video
>>
>>28546033
>the brick video
Fuck you for making me remember that.
>>
>>28546027
>Dinkheller was able to inflict a gunshot wound to the stomach of Brannan.
> to the stomach

>>28546033
Brick?
>>
>>28546055
>Brick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazTQVi1CEE
>>
>>28546055
>to the stomach
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1493651/
>The overall survival rate for the series was 88.3%; however, if only the 226 patients without vascular injuries are considered, the survival rate was 97.3%
>>
>>28545752
>-Standard mags are plastic, but the jet funnel mags are like Glock mags: steel sleeve with plastic exterior, and are supposed to be 100% reliable
I'm pretty sure they have the same metal sleeve, at least the white ones. It looks kind of like an en-bloc and goes from the feed lips to just under the 7/6 round marker. Pic related.
>>
File: what153.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
what153.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>28546033
Ever heard the one of the granny getting murdered?
>>
>>28546075
Never watched this one lol

But I get it. What got you guys was the screaming, not the futage.

Tbh, these things dont get me anymore. Too many years on this site.

See this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwhI9HLplUg

Also, hear this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Last_words_Kevin_Cosgrove.ogg
>>
File: image.jpg (936 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
936 KB, 3264x2448
>>28546125
Oops
>>
>>28545256

>Not getting a USP in .45 or glorious .40

senpai
>>
>>28546233
>not buying a USP 9 and turning it into a P8
desu senpai
>>
>>28546250
>turning it into a P8
is there some kind of drop in part to reverse the safety?
because honestly I think the inverse suits the USP ergos
>>
>>28546149
What is this picture meant to convey?
>>
>>28546754
Showing the steel sleeve is in the same spot on both magazines, the factory mags and the jet funnel (there is a hole in the plastic that the pick is pointing to, same spot on the jet funnel).
>>
>>28545256
I recommend .45 if your going for a USP. If you want 9mm get a USP compact in 9mm
>>
File: Fotor_145126319907873.jpg (486 KB, 1050x2344) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_145126319907873.jpg
486 KB, 1050x2344
>>28545256
Yes I carry one daily
>>
>USP 40 DA/SA
>$650

https://www.slickguns.com/product/heckler-koch-hk-usp40-40s-dasa-v1-10r-785
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.