[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>During the final stages of his U.S. Army Special Forces Qualification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: P03-131223-001.jpg (14 KB, 230x333) Image search: [Google]
P03-131223-001.jpg
14 KB, 230x333
>During the final stages of his U.S. Army Special Forces Qualification Course in December 2005, Gene Yu was in the Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) phase of the program. In accordance with the requirements of the training, Yu only carried his military ID card and a knife. Yu and his classmates were also expected to learn to live off the land, and as such, ate very little. In the final days of the evasion portion of the school and motivated by hunger, Yu left the boundaries of the exercise and came upon a group of Guatemalans in the North Carolina forest. Using Spanish skills acquired during extensive foreign travel, Yu was able to convince them to give him a ride to the nearby town of Aberdeen. After reaching Aberdeen and being rejected by a convenience store, Yu directed the group to a Papa John's Pizza's location he knew he could pay of and he then ordered pizzas and other food at the restaurant. He knew he could pay without an actual physical credit card, and with a memorized credit card information and his ID card because he had done it in the past at other Papa John’s restaurant locations. Yu returned to his classmates with the food. Though they destroyed the evidence of the pizzas, Yu was later found with the receipt during the resistance phase of the school during a strip search that was part of the training. Yu was initially forced out of the U.S. Army Special Forces Qualification Course, despite only being short one day of graduation, but was later able to repeat the class and receive his Green Beret. While some saw the incident as a typically creative Special Forces-type of solution to the SERE challenge, and his story is still reportedly told as a cautionary tale to incoming students to the SERE program by its cadre (albeit without Yu’s name and with the consequence of having been being forced out of the school).[2][5]

TOP KEK. I have an opportunity to goto SERE, should I do it?
>>
>>28540719
Which level of SERE? Go for it, have fun.

That dude deserved a coin, ARCOM, and a blowjob from the commander's daughter.
>>
File: 1446656346146.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1446656346146.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
>>28540719

>guy successfully survives, evades and escapes
>fail him

fucking wat
>>
>>28540719

This fucker should've been given the CMOH and command of at least three SFG teams
>>
>>28540719
>save my receipt for proper taxes for my accountant.
>dick bag instructors get mad at me for being financially responsible.
>>
kek in some sf selections you are supposed to cheat
I remember a test for some danish sf where the guys would start out on foot, but the test was actually impossible to complete on foot and you were expected to steal a bike in order to move faster. No one told them that you were supposed to steal a bike though, just figure it out yourself.
>>
>>28540719
Yeah, Yu should definately do it.
>>
>>28540742
Not all the chill guys get sent to cadre. School house mentality sucks everyrwhere.
>>
>>28540725
B, I'll have to admit im getting old and out of shape so I'm on the fence about it.
>>
>>28540719
The guatamalan thing is what gets me. what the fuck were they doing in teh NC forest? camping? hunting? poaching ? MS13?
>>
>>28540719
>can't burn receipt, need to balance my bank account

I'm hiring an Asian accountant to to get the IRS off my back, I realize my mother might have cancer and is an expert accountant but I want a guy who leaves no Papa John's paper trail.
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/da0n0b/it-will-make-your-dick-fly-off
>>
>>28540787
>http://southpark.cc.com/clips/da0n0b/it-will-make-your-dick-fly-off
what
>>
That's hilarious. I'm glad he failed for saving a receipt.
>>
>>28540796
Gluten makes your dick fly off, you didn't know? Avoid Papa John's!
>>
>>28540719

>Repeated class and got his beret.

Bet he has told this story to every fucker he has met and had many beers brought for him.
>>
>>28540742
He didn't get rid of all the evidence.
>>
>>28540719
heh.
>>
>>28540783
They usually have seasonal workers out there. Companies buy the rights to collect pine straw and then contract Mexicans or Guatemalans (which are abundant in Fayettenam) to go harvest it.

When I was 82nd LRSD we'd go out there for training and see them. Stalked them, played tricks on them, spook them a bit; training related shit. Good times.

Still get out every once in a while.
>>
>>28541220
live in Fayetteville, can confirm
>>
>>28540719
Kobayashi Maru....
>>
>>28540719
what a fucking badass
>>
>>28540719
This is OSS Jason Bourne shit
>>
>>28540719
Why the fuck did he keep the receipt?

Also, an Asian cheating?
I don't buy it.
>>
>>28540719
>a group of Guatemalans in the North Carolina forest
I love NC. Traveling in similar areas i even ran into a sizeable community of Hmong smack in the middle of farming land/rural NC. The CIA / SF had got a bunch of them to NC post Vietnam and they never left the state.
>>
>>28541220
Story time? What's the best trick you ever played on them?

>C'mon man, we gotta live vicariously through you guys that actually do this shit.
>>
>>28542536
More like an asian thinking outside the box....he must be a super asian...
>>
>>28542536
dude its sere school, he probably forgot
>>
>>28542643
>THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM
>SUPER SERE-ASIAN 2!
>>
>>28540719
Can you imagine being one of the other candidates? This chinky fucker just comes back all "Hey guys, how's the crazy hard survival going? I got pizza"
>>
>>28542635
There's a lot of Montagnards in Greensboro and Charlotte. The state gave them some farming land in Asheboro a few years ago.
>>
>>28541220
I will see you on the 8th my friend. If not you, I'll be seeing your friends. Prepare your anus.
>>
A bit irrelevant but at BRC I was stalked by a mountain lion during night land nav. Felt like Jurassic Park 2 with the tall grass and raptors. Except instead of a gun I had glow sticks and a rubber rifle. Never been so paranoid before in my life.
>>
>Yu was later found with the receipt
WHAT ??
Who does this??
>>
>>28543241
They probably worshipped him since they all ate the pizza...dumbfuck.

Learn2read
>>
urban legend

he graduated top of his class in the navy seals
>>
>>28541674
Live in Anderson Creek.
Go to Range 37?
>>
>>28540719
>Korean

All I needed to hear. Story's legit. Never underestimate the sheer ballsyness and the ability to think on his feet that slickyboy possesses.
>>
>>28547354
He was korean? Explains why he knows so much about pizza hut, since unlike papas, romans, and dominoes, huts have roofs.
>>
>>28547302
just got here in November, I'll check it out
>>
How are Asian-Americans treated in the US military especially the chinky kind?
>>
i went to the first phase of sere. ( sounds cool till i mention that the first phase is classroom only lols)
>>
>>28540719
BASED
>>
>>28547723
No Taiwanese he was stationed at the DMZ
>>
>>28548344
They carry the MG
>>
>>28548344
If you are short and asian, you will carry the 240b
Source: carried the 240b in the mountains of afghanistan
>>
>>28548935
Is your name Nguyen?
>>
>>28548969
Lee.
>>
>>28540719

What the hell kind of name is "Yu"? Also am I correct in taking this to mean he corroborated with illegal aliens?
>>
>>28548344
Why you asking?

Afraid you gonna get bullied like that New Yorker bitch Danny Chen?

Just don't be a bitch and give it right back and you'll be fine.

You fucking dipshit.
>>
File: 1353896753409.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1353896753409.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1200
>>28548344
Give him the 240/249.
>>
>>28550867
lol shit

I recognize someone in that picture.
>>
>>28540766
underrated
>>
Can somebody please make this a picture I can download, im on mobile and need to show this to a friend for top kek. Also he is a short stocky asian and carried the 240 lol.
>>
>>28548467
>>28548935
>>28550867
Why give the little asian guy the big gun?

Will you get the big gun if you are not an asian?
>>
>>28551313
the manlet is forever to be reminded of his place in the universe
>>
File: 1stsquad3.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1stsquad3.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>28551313
Because they can handle it.
>>
>>28540888
its the evidence ..javascript:quote('28540888');
>>
>>28550867
>>28548935
>>28548467
>>28551490
For what purpose?

Wouldn't it be funnier if they got the M14 or something?
>>
>>28551313
we need the big gun to compensate for our tiny penises
not gonna lie, mine is like a five inch breakfast sausage
it's in proportion with the rest of me but that's because I look like I belong in high school
>>
>>28552311
ay man me too. sometimes it can even shrink so the head is all that shows, crazy i tells ya.
>>
>>28551490
>That ACOG M14
Muh dick
>>
>>28540719
Was a smillar story in the IDF SF;
> The unit was participating in a "war week" (preparation training for local equivalent of SERE)
> Stopping the exercise in an area with no wild life, the unit (that was split into several teams), was expect to remain hungry through the night until they get a chance to hunt in the next day.
> Emmanuel Moreno's team was the first one to get inspected by the unit's commander to check their camp's quality and concealment.
> Upon the commander's leaving, Moreno realized that the CO's vehicle was parked on the bottom of supposedly unscalable peak not far below them.
> Quickly dissembling the camp he and his friends build, Moreno used the ropes and tools to climb down the mountain, steal the food belonging to the commanders and climb back up and feed his buddies.
> Upon returning and realizing they got no food, the commanders returned to the first camp- only to find the soldiers feasting on their food
> As being screamed upon as to what were they thinking, Emmanuel stood up and said that as part of the exercise, he spotted a wild Jeep and he used the hunting skills passed to him by his commanders to hunt it down.

Few years later, upon receiving an honorary rank of lieutenant colonel for his excellency, he was described by the Chief of Joint Staff as "the best soldier in the IDF".

And yea- if you think that you got BOTH mental and physical capacity, you should do it. It's an experience of a lifetime that only few have the chance to go through. Embrace the suck, and it'll be one of the best things you'll ever do.
>>
>>28553466
>>28540719
Isn't this exactly the kind of shit you want SOF to pull?
>>
>>28540775
underrated post
>>
>>28540719
I actually kind of get why they failed him, he circumvented the survival skills that that portion of the training was supposed to build, even if what he did was pretty rad.

I think the fact that they let him retake the class and get his beret is a sign that they appreciated what he did.
>>
File: 600px-Moreni1.jpg (85 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
600px-Moreni1.jpg
85 KB, 600x480
>>28553489
Yes and no.
"Out of the box adapt to every situation don't stop at any problem there are no rules" is the kind of mentality they seek in people, but the army (any army) is riddled with bureaucracy, procedures, template behavior and ego. Lots of ego.
Yu had it rougher because (I assume) he fell to the spot where his CO's were too buthurt that he "broke the rules" of "their exercise" and from there it got into the flow of bureaucracy that kicked him out (yet, through same bureaucracy and by beating someone's ego, he got his second chance).
On the other side of the spectrum, Moreno's case shows that his CO, despite being mad at him for the same reasons, knew to swallow his "pride" and let it slide because he knew that this is what he's looking for.
>>
>>28553580
Kinda frustrating that it's damn near impossible to have a military without all the bullshit.
>>
>>28552311
Points for being honest I suppose
>>
>>28553623
>>28553580
>Red, commanded by retired Marine Corps Lieutenant General Paul K. Van Riper, adopted an asymmetric strategy, in particular, using old methods to evade Blue's sophisticated electronic surveillance network. Van Riper used motorcycle messengers to transmit orders to front-line troops and World-War-II-style light signals to launch airplanes without radio communications.

>Red received an ultimatum from Blue, essentially a surrender document, demanding a response within 24 hours. Thus warned of Blue's approach, Red used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of Blue's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a preemptive strike, Red launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships. This included one aircraft carrier, ten cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of Blue's navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

>Afterward the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore. Van Riper also claimed that exercise officials denied him the opportunity to use his own tactics and ideas against Blue Force, and that they also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered the location of Red Force units to be revealed
>>
>>28553623
The only way around it is being a socially incompatible computer genius. Than they throw you into a unit with people just as psychologically unreadable as you and ye'all live happily ever after.
>>
>>28553640
That bullshit has been debunked so many times it's stopped being funny.

>>28553647
Well damn. I suck with programming.
>>
>>28551313
He is smaller so their for the muscles in his body can grow easier and he can have more of a compact posture compared to his counter parts allowing his center of mass to be more bigger thus allowing for him to take more force.
>>
>>28553694
So, when you were typing that, did it make sense to you? Or did you just have a stroke and spellcheck just went with it?
>>
>>28542536
uh, yeah
Asians cheat a lot
it's a pretty open secret in any college with significant foreign Asian students
they got the answer keys
>>
>>28555755
>college students cheat a lot
>most college students are asian

FTFY

Jews and minority students are pretty bad as well, before anyone calls me rebbit.
>>
>>28540772

Thats pretty uncreative.

anything less than wrastling yourself up a moose or a pack of wolves to pull your hand crafted sled is a bullshit solution
>>
>>28555859
yes ignore the large amounts of Chinese that were booted from the US for cheating in college and entrance exams.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.