[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>if you use weed you are barred from owning a firearm >if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 35
File: 1359363411949.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1359363411949.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>if you use weed you are barred from owning a firearm
>if you use a substance that is leagues less dangerous than alcohol and provides a multitude of health benefits as well as inhibiting the growth of cancer you literally lose a constitutional right

There's no defense for this. Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1371409041640.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1371409041640.gif
2 MB, 360x203
I agree its utterly retarded and I've never smoked pot in my life. Fucking conservacucks...
>>
I don't smoke either, but does this fuck califags or Coloradofags that get it legally?
>>
>>28532389
>hurrr duurr why does someone who alters their state of mind not be able to shoot
>why cant I, when I alter my state of mind with something else, cant shoot and own guns?!?!?!

I do agree though, BANNING them is pointless. However, I don't think you should inhale before shooting.
>>
>>28532389
Notice how most of our firearm laws are 50 - 80 years old? We need to update or do away with them.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO

you know how I know you're still in high school?
>>
>>28532389
I'm not arguing the first part but last time I checked inhaling smoke is never good for you. Neither is drinking.
>>
>>28532523
>notice how all of our illegal laws on firearms are 50-80 years old? We should do away with them completely
FTFY
>>
I've smoked weed and I can tell you for sure that you don't want to be using a firearm while on the stuff. It's just common sense.
>>
>>28532525
The irony in this post is palpable
>>
Because it's illegal.
Even if it's a stupid law, it's still a law.
If you break a law then you're a criminal.
If you're a criminal you don't get to have a gun.
You don't get to pick and choose which laws apply to you.
>>
i get high and fondle my glock all the time
you cant stop me
>>
>>28532547
Thanks.
>>
>>28532389
>health benefits

Potheads believe this...
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>28532563

watch me, assblasted jim cary
>>
>>28532622
because stopping epileptic children from having hundreds of seizures a week is a bad thing
>>
File: 8109608.jpg (688 KB, 1814x1210) Image search: [Google]
8109608.jpg
688 KB, 1814x1210
>>28532389
if you actually want to use this argument, and possibly "win" people over with it, under no circumstances EVER, fucking say

>provides a multitude of health benefits as well as inhibiting the growth of cancer

it sounds absofuckinglutely jackass retarded and you just lost any hope you had of someone taking account the weed conviction/firearm license debate.

just a tip, or maybe this thread was a bait thread to begin with. Dont know and dont care anymore
>>
>>28532520
>However, I don't think you should inhale before shooting.

I think we'd all agree on that, it would be very similar to driving intoxicated. It's just stupid that you could get caught smoking pot once, go to jail, and 20 years later be denied a firearm because of it, even though there's absolutely zero permanent trace of marijuana.
>>
>>28532651
[citation needed]

Honestly potheads will do anything to convince themselves
>>
>>28532651
with weed it is
>>
>>28532666

see

>>28532651
>>
>>28532525
Not even him, but... Do you not realize that it's starting to become more and more like alcohol? There are plenty of people who aren't teenagers anymore that still do it in social settings.
>>
File: 1442530232575.gif (3 MB, 220x212) Image search: [Google]
1442530232575.gif
3 MB, 220x212
>>28532680

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/other-treatment-approaches/medical-marijuana-and-epilepsy
>>
File: 3AFOOJc.gif (951 KB, 425x238) Image search: [Google]
3AFOOJc.gif
951 KB, 425x238
>>28532389
>tfw marijuana will probably be legalized nationwide in 10 years or less.
How will this impact the gun buying process? Will they just take the question off completely?
>>
>>28532389

We already have enough degeneracy in America without you weedfags.
>>
>>28532697
Heroin and Cocaine were originally introduced with medical purposes too and we see how that turned out.
>>
>>28532563
But unjust laws exist.

Do we abide them unjustly?
Do we endeavour to convince a party who doesn't care what you think or say to change them?
Or shall we transgress them altogether?
>>
>>28532710
>>28532719

guys i know you think weed is for normies or whatever goes on in your NEET brain, but maybe you should try being more open minded in life, you might even get laid!
>>
>>28532740
>le virgins go away xDDDD
>why not more open minded
Wow you sound like a faggot liberal. If you were really pro-freedom you wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>28532699
Nothing until (if) it becomes legal at a federal level

If that happens, then the question might go away but the ATF could always rule it as a "necessity" to keep on the form
>>
>>28532740

There is no benefit to weed existing.

Anything you can "cure" with it, could be done synthetically.
>implying you actually care about that aspect anyway

It just creates degeneracy.
>>
>>28532680
http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/other-treatment-approaches/medical-marijuana-and-epilepsy
>Evidence from laboratory studies, anecdotal reports, and small clinical studies from a number of years ago suggests that cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive compound of cannabis, could potentially be helpful in controlling seizures.

>Individual reports of children with refractory (or intractable) epilepsy who have tried cannabis, usually with high ratios of cannabidiol to THC, have reported marked improvements in seizure frequency, including a report describing the results of Charlotte, a girl with Dravet syndrome.

And in a trial with a 99% cannabidiol treatment called Epidiolex:

Seizures decreased by an average of 54% in 137 people who completed 12 weeks on Epidiolex.

Patients who had DS responded more positively with a 63% decrease in seizures over 3 months. This improvement in seizures lasted through 24 weeks on the Epidiolex, more often for people with DS than without DS.

In 27 patients with atonic seizures (which are commonly seen in people with LGS as well as other types of epilepsy), the atonic seizures decreased by 66.7% on average.

The responder rate (the number of people whose seizures decreased by at least 50%) was also slightly better in patients with DS (about 55% at 3 months) as compared to patients without DS (50%).

You're a fucking idiot if you're still in denial about this. It has helped many people, especially those who are younger who are being treated with high doses of prescription drugs that they shouldn't be putting in their bodies at the age of 6. There's testing happening right now for treatment like this because it has a lot of potential for people who aren't responding to conventional treatments. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not working.
>>
>>28532697
I literally just linked the same website and highlighted the parts he should read. Some people can be so ignorant.
>>
>>28532761
People with severe epilepsy sometimes don't respond to conventional, synthetic, prescription drugs. Or if they do, the side effects are too extreme to consider it a viable way of treating them. That's the niche that THC oil can fill. It helps people. It has been proven to help people. Did a weed dealer fuck your wife or something?
>>
>>28532766

Not the guy you replied to, but that's actually pretty shitty as a cure.

If it has an effect, it's probably related to being more mellowed out.

I'm sure that more goal oriented synthetic drugs would do better.
>>
File: suffering.gif (2 MB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
suffering.gif
2 MB, 499x281
>>28532754

>YOU HATE FREEDOM CAUSE YOU LIKE WEED AND CALLED ME NAMES

ok
>>
>>28532794

No, there's actually nothing weed can do that synthetic drugs can't.
>>
>>28532766
>weed proven to slow down brain synapses and prevents some seizures
>GUISE WEED HAS NO SIDE EFFECTS

Literally braindead in here.
>>
>>28532766
>so far scientifically controlled studies have not shown definitive proof of the effectiveness and safety of marijuana or cannabis and epilepsy

next time read your own source in don't cherry pick
>>
>>28532766

From your own source
>"So far, scientifically controlled studies have not shown definitive proof of the effectiveness and safety of marijuana or cannabis in epilepsy. For example, in 2012, a literature review of clinical studies on cannabinoids for epilepsy could not give a reliable conclusion about the effectiveness of four randomized controlled trials of cannabidiol."
>>
>>28532651
So, for the "health benefits" plural...it was typed as plural, you site a single evidence claim that treats an incredibly small portion of the population most of who will not longer be using cannabis by the time they are of age to purchase firearms...?

Maybe we should illegalize abortion since that stops kids from dying too...
>>
>>28532389
>There's no defense for this. Why is this allowed?

Which board were you looking for?
>>
>>28532761
>>28532808

We get it, you can go now
>>
>>28532563
>Using laws as morals
>Jim Carry

Oh man, did I accidentally go to 9gag or something?
>>
>>28532832

maybe you should stop using ellipses improperly, but we both know thats not gonna happen. so lets just agree to disagree?
>>
>>28532799
It's not intended as a "cure". It's just meant to decrease the intensity of the seizures and spasms that these people have because it's common for people not to respond to synthetic drugs and other conventional treatments. My oldest sister suffers from epileptic seizures, and she's had multiple surgeries done to try and negate her symptoms because her prescription stopped blocking her seizures. The most recent one (about a year ago) seems to be working so far, but it was an expensive surgery and we don't know yet if it will work or not. That can be really expensive for families, and can be really risky because there are many new (and untested) approaches, and surgery is always risky, especially on children. I think this THC oil is just another option families will have for alleviating symptoms, but I really think it's one that we should give them.
>>
>>28532847

He wasn't making an appeal to morality, m8
>>
File: 1433736887065.jpg (51 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1433736887065.jpg
51 KB, 540x360
This argument has retards on both sides
>Hurr pot is just like meth! It's illegal and is more dangerous than any other substance on earth. I believe in reefer madness!
and
>Pot is the best thing on the planet! It will instantly cure cancer, DUDE WEED

It need to be legalized, it has health benefits and is less harmful than even alcohol, although it's still not perfect, it can still be harmful, just to a lesser degree.

Look at how successful it was for Colorado, they legalized it and taxed it and it payed off in dividends for the taxpayers.
It's not a miracle substance, but it's not bad either. The culture surrounding it it cringey, but that can be looked past.
It's not the 1930s anymore, it won't melt your face off, but it won't cure anything, it can only help treat certain medical problems.
I see it like alcohol, its something that should be done in a controlled area, just like getting drunk.

Arrest people for driving while under the influence, tax it, and allow recreational use.
We waste fucking millions a year fighting it. We are basically burning money to make people who fell for the drug war propaganda feel better about it.
>>
>>28532520
No one is arguing we should encourage intoxicated firearm use with pot any more than with beer. But if I go to the range I should be able to come home and relax with a beer or a joint. Neither impact my ability to shoot the next day.
>>
>>28532882
Literally the only intelligent post in this entire thread
>>
>>28532808
hahaha, okay dude.

>>28532810
It's worth a shot. A lot of younger kids who have Dravat's or are suffering from highly frequent seizures aren't really living anymore, they just spasm non stop and cry because they're exhausted. At least with THC oil parents can try to give their child a chance to develop. It's worked before, and I'm sure if there were long term effects of their kid being lethargic, they would probably take that over their kid being in pain and spasming nonstop.
>>
>>28532857
Right, so barring an effective counter-argument you're going to invoke esoteric theoretical grammar rules I have, in no way, violated. I shrink at the way weight of your moral victory.
>>
>>28532754
>being open minded is librul
How does it feel to be willfully ignorant?
That sounds more libtarded than learning the facts about the thing you are against
>>
if i wanna smoke a joint and mess with my glock and accidentally blow my hand off (because weed puts you in a mind altered state where common sense goes out the window) then thats my problem,
>>
>>28532813
>>28532831

I read it. This is a very new thing. Medical practices for Humans take an incredibly long time to greenlight for being safe and effective. I didn't say this was a cure for epilepsy or seizures. I said it's helped people.

Because it has.
>>
File: 1421561065321.gif (1017 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1421561065321.gif
1017 KB, 500x260
>>28532905

Theres no counter arguement for you being uninformed. I just wanted to point out you use ellipses like an edgy 14 year old, but ok
>>
>>28532882
>less harmful than alcohol
Completely untrue, the human liver creates enzymes to break down ethanol, there is no enzyme produced by the human body that metabolizes THC, it gets stored in the fat and persists in the body up to months after use.
>>
>>28532935

oh yeah i totally forgot about fetal weed syndrome
>>
>>28532921
that's not even really true

you're thinking more of LSD, mushrooms
>>
>>28532882
This, so much. I'm definitely not swag420 or blazeitpraiseit but it can do great things and can be used just like alcohol to enhance social settings.
>>
File: mein fraulein.jpg (59 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
mein fraulein.jpg
59 KB, 500x435
>>28532929
>I still can't refute anything

kk
>>
>>28532935
this is untrue, THC metabolites are what is stored in fat, THC is metabolized and broken down by the body and then its remnants are incorporated into fat reserves. If it was never metabolized, it would never wear off, that's just retarded
>>
>>28532943
Oh yeah just like there is no fetail nicotine syndrome

That means smoking whine pregnant is okay!
>>
>>28532935
That's why so many people are dying and have died from smoking weed.

>oh wait
>>
>>28532969
ad hominems for days
>>
>>28532935
thc stays in your system for about 10 to 14 days, the "it stays for months" myth is false.
You would have to do it for a really fucking long time all day everyday for it to stay for a very long time.
The longest recorded time it stayed in someones system was 68 days after a guy smoked it every day for almost 10 years.
>>
>>28532955

What do you want me to refute? Your preconceived notions and opinions? I don't give out free lessons to namefags unfortunantly
>>
>>28532389
So what's it like earning less than $12 and hour and still living with mommy and daddy?
>>
>>28532969
I get what you're trying to say to him, but dude... I don't know of anyone who thinks cannabis can do more harm to someone if taken in the "same" amounts than alcohol can
>>
>>28532943
>doing literally no research at all

Lower testosterone in nascent brain development, lowered levels of glutamate production, lower relative brain mass.

Yeah, that's no appreciable effect at all.
>>
>>28532991

Stop projecting please. It's ok if you don't smoke weed or make a lot of money.
>>
>>28532508
Technically yes, the 4473 is a federal form and pot is still illegal federally, but realistically no. I do have a friend who got his mmj card before it was legal (coloradofag) and he got denied for a CCW permit, but once it expired he was approved.
>>
>>28532999

dont post a source or anything though
>>
File: 1452665530521.jpg (83 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1452665530521.jpg
83 KB, 424x470
Lawmakers don't make laws based on logic or reason, only feels. This goes back to the 20's and before.

I wanted to buy a Ruger 10/22 to plink off my back porch, but because I have a medical marijuana card for my cancer I'm not allowed to buy or handle a firearm.

I was tried of being miserable on a concoction of opiates and pain/nausea meds, so my doctor had me try out low-THC high-CBD oil supplements, and now I can live a somewhat normal life again. Before this, I never touched pot, never even smoked or drank because I didn't want to ruin my body, but I'm happy my doctor suggested this.

I don't think it's a miracle drug, it's not curing my cancer, but it is allowing me to live a normal life.

Much like prohibition of the 20's and 30's, the laws were based on people's fee-fees and not logic. In both cases, the negative impact on American society has been greater than the impact caused by drunkards and stoners.
>>
>>28532901
>wanting the next generation to be a bunch of dependents of big pharma

Sandy Hook 2.0 cant happen son enough.
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (32).png
396 KB, 1920x1080
>>28532882
>but it won't cure anything
the Food and Drug Administration (a federal entity) would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>28532563
Found the bootlicker.
>>
>>28533015

NAH DUDE YOURE 12 WEED IS FOR NORMIES DUDE WEED LMAO

DEGENERATE
>>
No fuck you, stoners need to stop latching onto other groups in an attempt to legalize their vice. Either get the rest of the potheads to actually do something constructive instead of trying to draw parallels to unrelated topics or shut up and continue to buy relatively cheap and available weed illegally. Nobody cares that alcohol isn't your preferred method of escapism, fact of the matter is alcohol is legal and pot was made illegal, your fight was decided yeas ago and an effective push to legalize weed on a federal scale hasn't happened. All the "waaaah but their vice is legal! Punish them or reward me!" bullshit that gets spouted about alcohol isnt winning you any support, life isnt fair you aren't special alcohol is legal weed isn't grow up and campaign for the lagalizatuon of your vice based on actual reasons. All the stoners arguing for medical benefits loses its relevance when it is blatantly obvious they just want to get high try being a grown up and just say "I want to get high, it doesnt hurt anybody it shouldnt be illegal in the privacy of my own home." Nobody cares that you are a special snowflake who blah blah blah gays, guns and weed. Both guns and gays effectively manage to defend their rights without trying to drum up support from other groups in hilariously misinformed ways.
>>
>>28532882
>paid off in dividends

Actually, more like $8 a person.

But good try mate. I'm sure the cartel will just stop growing bushels of skunk because DUDE COLORADO.

Oh wait.
>>
>>28532389
I believe the phrasing is "are you addicted to or an unlawful user".

Being addicted to pot sounds pretty bad, and it seems that if you're a legal recreational user you're fine.

My take on it, not that I'd care.
>>
>>28532548
I've gotten drunk before and I can tell you for sure that you don't want to be using a firearm while on the stuff. Its just common sense.
I've also smoked weed before and I can tell you for sure that I operate heavy machinery and firearms perfectly fine on the stuff. Not everybody has the same reaction to pot.
Also, when you use phrases like "its just common sense" you sound like a condescending liberal piece of shit.
>>
>>28533015
Private sale bro
>>
>>28532563
So you support a gun ban then? C'mon it's 2016 ppl. xDDD ;^)
>>
File: whoathere.png (18 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
whoathere.png
18 KB, 240x200
>>28533052
>>
>>28533024
>Wanting your kid to keep having debilitating seizures because you "aren't gonna give in to big pharma"

Alright man, just pray the spasms away.
>>
>>28533057
Cartels have taken a big hit to these areas, even if only medical marijuana is allowed.
>>
>>28532982
>doesn't understand how chemical retention in fat works
>>28532960
>doesn't understand how chemical chain decay works
>>28532974
>doesn't understand how neuro-chemical bonding works

And this is why nobody takes you faggots seriously.
>>
>>28533057

http://time.com/3801889/us-legalization-marijuana-trade/
>>
>>28532943
Marijuana can (supposedly) fuck with myelination. Even if the mother uses a vaporizer there could be complications if she doesn't exercise caution to only partake rarely, if at all.

This isn't saying much though, soft cheese, sushi, and energy drinks aren't safe for fetuses either.
>>
>>28533002
So is it going well? Are your parents the cool guys who also smoke with you?
>>
>>28533074
>typical stoner "le effort is 4 losers" response
>>
>>28533091
Exactly, almost anything is bad for infants. You shouldn't be drinking or smoking when preggo, nor should you injest marijuana.
>>
>>28532882
Only sensible answer ITT
>>
>>28533047
>WEED IS FOR NORMIES
Nah, it's for niggers and faggots like you
>>
>>28533087
you're not nearly as intelligent or interesting as you think you are
>>
>>28533087

>he definitely understands how all this works and you're wrong, trust him
>>
>>28533052
Jesus man, you have a vendetta against people who smoke marijuana?
>>
>>28533052
>Nobody cares that you are a special snowflake who blah blah

If nobody cares, then why allocate billions to battle it? 15 billion dollars in a year, 1/4 of the prison population is there for possesion. Americans concept of "freedom" is kinda flawed
>>
>>28533097
Because reading some assblasted rant from a babyboomer is a constructive way to spend my Wednesday morning.
>>
File: 1448615291785.jpg (48 KB, 438x397) Image search: [Google]
1448615291785.jpg
48 KB, 438x397
>>28533057
They will have no market if it is legalized nationwide, they can't sell contraband if their product isn't contraband.
Also, medical and store bought pot is way stronger than home grown so you wouldn't have to look to foreign smugglers to get good quality and run the risk of being caught and getting you shit canned.
>>
>>28533013
http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/reproduction.htm
>>
>>28533091
>>28533093
>>28533097
>>28533108

all super mad we smoke weed
okay guys you convinced me with your superior counter arguments, ill stop
>>
>>28533120
So when are we going to have our medicinal Cocaine and medicinal Morphine back?
>>
>>28533090
Marijuana to cartels has always been a joke. They shotgun that shit across the boarder to figure out who they can trust to move the real money makers.
>>
>>28533112
No, he really doesn't, he just doesn't like people being full of shit all the time.
>>
File: 1373410931566.jpg (40 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1373410931566.jpg
40 KB, 600x440
>>28533115
>the war on drugs only targets marijuana
>>
>>28533097
How would you respond to that? Clearly the guy's is set in his ways and has a really strong conviction against what he sees as "stoners who never do shit". I don't think anonymously arguing on the internet is going to change his mind.
>>
File: 1452666273081.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452666273081.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>28532882
>>28533015
Only good answers in the thread.

/k/ has turned into /int/ and /pol/ levels of shitposting.
>>
File: 1392797353112.jpg (79 KB, 666x498) Image search: [Google]
1392797353112.jpg
79 KB, 666x498
>>28533087
for that matter, what the fuck does neurochemical bonding even have to do with the fact that nobody has ever or will ever die from smoking marijuana or the fact that cannabis-fetal syndrome isn't a recognized problem as compared to nicotine and alcohol?

fuck your pseudo-intellectual horseshit bro
>>
>>28533120
>They will have no market if it is legalized nationwide
Just like how there isn't a black market for cigarettes?
>>
>>28533135

Im sure you are a senior cartel member who is an authority on the matter, but ill try to make my point anyway. Weed has a way larger demographic than hard drugs, ergo they sell more of it
>>
>>28533126
>Being retarded
>>
>>28533139
No, but it's the primary target because it's the most popular. From lawyers to engineers to scun of the earth like niggers and potheads.
>>
>>28533139
You can't deny that that's definitely it's biggest target, intentional or not.
>>
File: 1451073494392.png (19 KB, 460x356) Image search: [Google]
1451073494392.png
19 KB, 460x356
What's stopping me from lying on the form and smoking anyways?
>>
File: pBtTJKI.jpg (83 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
pBtTJKI.jpg
83 KB, 854x640
I agree, using marijuana shouldn't be an issue with ownership at all.

I don't smoke, drink, do anything of that nature really. I think most pro-gun individuals agree that it should boil down to this:

>don't operate firearms when under the influence of either

But if you enjoy it when you're not handling weapons, that's fine. Pretty simple. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>28533161

why are you so mad that someone else chooses to do something differently? how is this effecting you?
>>
>>28532389
DUDE WEED LMAO 420 BLAZE IT
>>
>>28533147
>hammering his point home for him

Maybe being buttfuck retarded should be grounds for barring people from gun ownership too.
>>
>>28533149
There's only a major black market for ciggies where they're heavily regulated (see: Jew York). You don't typically hear about cigarette-related shootings or wars.
>>
>>28532389

>provides a multitude of health benefits as well as inhibiting the growth of cancer
>>
>>28533149
The black market for cigarettes is mostly between states, to my knowledge. Sort of like how Marijuana is now, people go to the "relaxed" states to get their goods, then bring them home.
>>
>>28533174
>Still being retarded

I'm beginning to rethink my stance
>>
>>28533178
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>28533121
cool story bro. If a woman is smoking anything while pregnant, the issue isnt what she is smoking, its that she is fucking retarded, and isnt qualified to have a child.

what you're arguing has never been disputed, because no one cares. What people discuss are why the fuck this plant, that does pretty much nothing harmful to me or my surroundings is illegal to have.
>>
>>28533173
And this is actually hard for some people to understand.
>>
>>28532882
>This argument has retards on both sides
He says, while he writes a retarded conclusion in favor.

>We waste fucking millions a year fighting it. We are basically burning money to make people who fell for the drug war propaganda feel better about it.
This is a problem with the US criminal justice system, not a point in favor of drug use. The US criminal justice system is amusingly inefficient. I'm sure building more prisons will help, though. pfft
>>
>>28533197
>goalposts
>>
File: 1443140141340.jpg (109 KB, 467x500) Image search: [Google]
1443140141340.jpg
109 KB, 467x500
>>28533197
Explain why I cant buy a suppressor without Big gubmint's permission.

100+ year old Politics. Pure and simple.
>>
File: 1449467213403.jpg (60 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1449467213403.jpg
60 KB, 426x364
>>28533126
The arguments against it are almost anti-gun level bad.
>Muh 30,000 deaths
>Muh deaths from pot
>You don't NEED that
>All those stupid GUN NUTS dragging down society
>All these stupid POTHEADS dragging down society
>I don't need the facts to be right
>I've never shot a gun, so I know what I'm talking about!
>I have no clue how pot affects people and I will never try it.
>There's no such thing as a responsible gun owner
>All pot smokers are lazy and unproductive stoners

Funny how there are people who refuse to learn the facts about the thing they are against are always experts on the subject.
>>
>>28533121
Great, then the stoners who you hate will have less effective semen, and can have less kids. It sounds like that's probably what you want, so let's just legalize it and get it underway.
>>
File: ohshit.gif (983 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.gif
983 KB, 250x141
>>28533243

This is a great parallel because this thread totally shows it to be true
>>
>>28533173
>>28533172

Probably the most realistic points ITT
>>
>>28533243
Hilariously accurate
>>
>>28533153
So marijuana is like a 30 billion dollar trade for all the cartels combined. Heroin is around 60 billion. You tell me which one they're more concerned about retard.
>>
File: 1373315865779.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1373315865779.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>28533246
>eugenics as an argument in favor of legalization
>>
>>28532943

Fetal weed syndrome would be a great name for a groove metal band
>>
>>28533243
>Funny how there are people who refuse to learn the facts about the thing they are against are always experts on the subject.
And you're an expert for?

Have you worked in any capacity in the criminal justice field, or are you just talking out of your ass?
>>
>>28533179
>>28533188
So your argument hinges on the idea that legalizing pot will cut off cash to the cartels. You all act like it won't end up being sold from Mexico to the states in a similar fashion to how cigarettes are traded illegally interstate wise. I'm sure all of you little druggies much rather purchase cheaper pot from a questionable source rather than buy it for a much higher price legally.
>>
File: 1452660142166.png (2 MB, 1000x934) Image search: [Google]
1452660142166.png
2 MB, 1000x934
>>28533271

I just imagined a mildly faster Electric Wizard sound for the instrumentals but Dying Fetus sounding vocals with FETAL WEED SYNDROME in metal as fuck bloody letters in the backdrop behind the band, and I'm avin a gigl m8
>>
>>28533263

well according to your made up numbers, weed is still worth 30 billion. Thats a lot of money we could take away from the cartels
>>
>>28533288
At the end of the day, their solution will just create more government oversight and bureaucracy as various other departments move in to verify origin and legal purchase on the part of retailers and all levels of possession between individuals will be subject to tax and interstate commerce regulation.

Net result: same number of people going to jail.
>>
>>28533223

>being intentionally narrow minded
>>
>>28533287

He doesnt have to be in the criminal justice field to notice this thread is full of shit
>>
>>28533243
You forgot:
>its just common sense guys! I mean, come on.
>>
>>28533320
>SJW tier retort

Why do you hate science and facts so much?
>>
>>28533317

Nobody should bother responding to this, just a propaganda swallowing marine being dumb, nothing new
>>
File: 1234443445.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1234443445.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>Not being Straight edge
Degenerates. If you aren't straight edge you shouldn't have guns
>>
>>28533358
>not trying to engage in rational discourse

But Anita...that's precisely how our government works
>>
File: 1417145836409.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1417145836409.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>>28533377

>calling yourself "straight edge"

It's like highschool again!
>>
>>28533238
and your point is? Its retarded with supressors, and its retarded with cannabis
>>
>>28533392

There is no discourse with you, nothing I show you is going to change your mind. Have you ever heard the term "Hook, Line and Sinker?" That's you.
>>
>>28533393
>taking the bait

Maybe we should just include an IQ test as part of the background check
>>
File: 1433739470615.jpg (6 KB, 251x226) Image search: [Google]
1433739470615.jpg
6 KB, 251x226
>>28533287
I'm talking about people who have never had hands on experience with the thing in question.

If you have never bothered to research anything about firearms or their owners, or you have never tried to fire one to clear up any confusion, you have no room to be criticizing the progun side.
Same goes for pot, if you have never bothered to research the effects of it from credible sources, or you have never actually used it, to know yourself, you will not be as qualified to speak on the subject either way.

What if someone tried to say that an AR will blow a deer apart leaving only a crater and four legs, you would call them a retard for not doing a small amount of research required to not look like a misinformed faggot.

Same goes for pot, ronnie raygun made everyone think that it was the predecessor to krokodil.
If you bother to learn the facts about that which you oppose, you might just see it a different way and you might not look like such a rumor spewing ignoramus.
>>
>>28533408

you really made a fool of me. how will I go on?
>>
>>28533243
/thread

i turned my friend pro-gun that way.
>shes into snakes
>has like 15 years of experience in the reptile industry
>has been to florida and knows all the "invasive python" thing is bullshit firsthand
>talks about how people are trying to ban snakes over 3 feet or something
>talks about how you cant take them between states
>talks about how a couple retards were irresponsible, got a couple people killed, and now everyone wants to ban tactical assault snakes
>i look at her and repeat everything she just said, but replaced, "snake," with, "rifle."
>new pro-2a advocate
>>
>>28533425
I'm sure you'll endure somehow, maybe burn off another bowl to make the pain go away.
>>
File: 20150304_121719.jpg (4 MB, 4997x2811) Image search: [Google]
20150304_121719.jpg
4 MB, 4997x2811
>>28532389
suck muh dick, BATFE/DEA!
>>
>>28533455

>I was only pretending to be stupid! just kidding im actually stupid too

Stop posting anytime
>>
>>28532525
No friends?
>>
>>28532921
Not with socialized healthcare it isn't.

It's every taxpayers problem.
>>
>>28532389
because the police are pieces of fucking shit. Thats why. Fuck all cops.
>>
>>28532563
Right, and the government can make anyone a criminal if they want to. Laws are not a justification in themselves.
>>
>>28532389
I totally get where they're coming from.
My retarded pothead friends always try to go shooting with me while they're high as fuck, and when I say absolutely not, they act like they're 100% as competent while high. Which is not true. They're fucking retarded when they're high. Just like everyone else. Half the reason those fucking sandniggers we were supposed to fight with were so incompetent.
>>
File: yep.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
yep.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>>28533563

>Everyone is retarded when their high, even though I probably havent been high myself, I know what the effects are on every single person regardless of tolerance or any other multitude of factors

ok
>>
File: Sleepy_Gary.png (114 KB, 212x398) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy_Gary.png
114 KB, 212x398
>>28532563
>You don't get to pick and choose which laws apply to you.

Wasn't that the whole point of states and local politics?
>>
>>28533531
>The cops actually write the law

Well, no
>>
>>28532719
And yet both are still being used today for medical uses, just under different names.
>>
question from a nogunz here: if I was busted for possession when I was 20 but has my record expunged, can I buy a gun or will I fail the background check?
>>
>my state law says nothing about being a drug user, only about being mentally unstable or a convict or subject to restraining order
>only thing preventing you from owning a firearm would be lying on a federal form
>private sales legal

So yeah, unless the firearm is on your person while you're committing a felony, it's totally legal to own if you use marijuana, which is only a misdemeanor.
>>
>>28532563
>If you break a law then you're a criminal.
>If you're a criminal you don't get to have a gun.
Why not? No other rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, or even further Amendments, are violated merely because of a felony conviction.

>because they could use a gun to hurt someone!
White-collar criminals convicted of felonies aren't much more likely to use a firearm than any other person. Why should they lose such a right?

>but some criminals are more likely because recidivism!
If we are concerned that a person is still a danger to society, we need to reconfigure our punitive system to keep those people separated from society either in jail or other supervision. Furthermore, merely because somebody is more likely to commit a crime doesn't mean that their rights should be tampered with. Blacks, for example, are more likely to commit crimes than non-blacks, but we don't AND SHOULD'T restrict somebody's rights because they belong to a demographic of our choosing. Men commit the vast number of violent crimes, but we don't limit guns to men simply because they are men.

etc.
>>
File: 1452637105961.png (484 KB, 730x583) Image search: [Google]
1452637105961.png
484 KB, 730x583
What really sucks for me because I'm level headed and can hold my liquor is that unless on my own property if I have consumed 1 drop of liquor in my state and have my gun in my possession its a class A misdemeanor for $10,000 and 9 months in jail. Which forces me with the options to either illegally carry, keep it in the glove box, or leave it at home.
>>
>>28533267
It was obviously sarcasm, jesus dude.
>>
>>28532757
The exact wording is currently "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

It sounds like they would reject you for an addiction to a completely legal substance, so they could keep the question exactly the same and lawful marijuana smokers would just mark "no."
>>
>>28533725
Yeah that sucks.

In WA you can't have a gun IN the bar area, but you can drink in a restaurant just fine.

I don't see why it shouldn't be that way, our society HAS a strong taboo against drunken carry, most people do not even drink while carrying but those who do do not get drunk.

Only exception being while backpacking I've been pretty drunk and armed.

Nobody was around and I never unholstered so whatever, I don't consider it any more dangerous than backpacking drunk without a gun.
>>
>>28533841
Oh i mean I get shit-faced but I at no time am worried in any environment about the level of my drunkenness. I'm always very polite & nice and never make enemies. I realize a huge percentage of people go the other way and get all feisty and it would be a bad idea for them to be armed because they might go overt with their actions however all mine would be purely out of reactionary defense. I'd rather do the time, get the fine, pay the lawyer, then be in a wood box.
>>
>>28532563
Yes, you can choose which laws apply to you. Move.
>>
>>28532389
Own guns legally
Smoke illegally
You'll get fucked with much harder for owning guns illegally
Until they make smoking a felony, or can take away your guns for it, its the right choice
Fuck letting the government know you do anything
>>
File: item0120.jpg (32 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
item0120.jpg
32 KB, 440x330
>>28532943
The chilling effects of which can be seen here
>>
>>28532945
He said common sense goes out the window,
Not that you'll be seeing dragons and shit

I know for a fact that weed will make you forget all kinds of shit, like not to grab the metal surface you just heated up with a blowtorch,
Or where you left your keys
Or rules you've had drilled into your head since childhood
>>
>>28533085
Probably because medical cards are stupid easy to get and if you have one, you have the ability to buy weed for other people.
Why trust a dealer with a few strains when you can just waltz into a head shop, flash your med card and rec letter, and buy any number of strains, along with things like edibles that make consumption more pleasant for you and everyone around you (no smoke, little to no smell, no accessories needed, no ashes, etc) or have a friend that can do it for you?
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.