[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You and your squad are out on patrol in [insert warzone here]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: no wait okay.jpg (31 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
no wait okay.jpg
31 KB, 425x292
You and your squad are out on patrol in [insert warzone here] when a member of your squad takes the chance to kill an unnarmed civilian that posed no threat to your patrol because "that fucking [insert racist slang here] was better off dead anyway".

The other members of your patrol don't seem bothered by this at all and a couple of them join in and make racist jokes about how he had it coming.

What do you do?

Same question, but your squad grabs you and tries to make you pose with them for a commeration photo of them doing something stupid like pissing on his body.
>>
Offer to take the picture, and don't say a fucking word to anyone.
>>
>>28486071
Report them when we get back from patrol.

>commemoration photo
Refuse, then report them when we get back from patrol.
>>
>>28486099
muslim loving faggot detected
>>
>>28486099
You fucking fag come here and hold the gook by the chin and make him smile for the camera
>>
Keep my mouth shut. Don't do anything on film. Remind those chucklefucks about those marines who got caught pissing on dead insurgents.
>>
>>28486119
>edgy teen literally advocating murder
>>>/pol/

>>28486150
If there was a reason to believe I'd be in danger if I didn't participate, I'd do it and then report them after anyway. Some faggy photo doesn't make you complicit if you posed under duress.
>>
>>28486071

Report them
>>
>>28486186
Was thinking the same thing. Killing innocents is one of the few things that makes my stomach drop, but I'm not gonna get my shit pushed in for not posing with a dead body
>>
File: 1411171126690.png (146 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
1411171126690.png
146 KB, 460x360
>>28486071
Not my fault -- not my concern.
>>
>>28486328
>Killing innocents is one of the few things that makes my stomach drop
As it should, since it's clear-cut murder. Killing an unarmed civilian in theater is no different than going outside on the street and shooting someone in the face. Anyone who condones this is a sociopath or a tryhard edgelord on the internet.
>>
>>28486071
Make sure all the witnesses are killed and their cell phones taken.
>edgy as fuck
>>
You kick their teeth in and shoot them in the fucking head
>>
I'll take 'what does the UCMJ say' for $500, Alex.
>>
Kill him, he's undisciplined and mentally ill.
>>
>>28486071
Take the photo, then kill more of the melanin enriched
>>
Report the shit out of them.

Civilians getting killed as unavoidable collateral is acceptable. Killing insurgents who were unarmed is usually illegal, and sometimes dumb; but it's not morally evil.

Whacking innocents just because? Fuckem, court martial those dudes and hang em high.
>>
Buttstroke to the back of the head followed by zip-ties

If his skull gets split by the sling swivel, oh well he shouldn't have put himself in a position where someone has to restrain and arrest him
>>
>>28486601
>Civilians getting killed as unavoidable collateral is acceptable
It may be practically unavoidable, but innocent people getting killed as collateral damage is never acceptable. What kind of perverse ethical theory do you follow?
>>
>implying i'd give a fuck.

War is hell.
>>
File: Creatine.jpg (202 KB, 413x500) Image search: [Google]
Creatine.jpg
202 KB, 413x500
Moralfaggotry out the ass with this thread OP. Good work.
>>
If they're my bros, they can do whatever they want and I'll keep it under my hat without any hesitation.
>>
>>28486678
Just war theory m8.

If you can't handle the fire stay out the kitchen.

Is it "good" that civilians get killed? Nah. Is it acceptable? Indeed, by definition even.
>>
File: europe used to be good.jpg (469 KB, 1200x1693) Image search: [Google]
europe used to be good.jpg
469 KB, 1200x1693
>>28486071
Take his money and possessions, then kill more of the locals. Continue until the area's supply is depleted, then move on to another area.

I'm sure the loot barely pays for the ammunition and time expended, but eliminating potential local resistance will make it easier and safer for white settlers moving into the area.
>>
File: Canadian military.png (238 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
Canadian military.png
238 KB, 300x381
Shut your mouth is what you do.
>>
>>28486678
You aren't thinking straight. Acceptable is a word, you don't get to change the meaning just because you didn't read books growing up. It does not mean good or desirable.
>>
question the sanity of my fellow squadmates and remind them what were here to do
>>
>>28486777
Godly trips has it right

>white settlers
Fugg I would love to see this
>>
>>28486812
Story on pic.
>>
Act as enthusiastically as I can manage to, pose for the picture, maybe make some racist jokes of my own.

Go report the shit out of them as soon as I'm sure I'll be able to safely. What they did was wrong, and they deserve to be punished, but I'm not going to open myself up to potentially being killed by my squad. It would be different if I had a chance of stopping the murder from occurring, but in the scenario the civilian is dead before I can react.

If, following my report, command seemed to be ignoring the incident, I might consider taking a more public stand.
>>
>>28486937
Canadian Airborne
>>
I help them hide the body or whatever but fuck the photo,that's incriminating material
>>
>>28486937
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia_Affair
>>
>>28486997
>>28487183
Cool.
>>
>>28486881
>It does not mean good or desirable
No, but it means "good enough to not change your behavior".
>>
>>28486099
>>28486186
>>28486451
>>28486601
>>28486628
>>28486990
itt: Blue Falcons
>>
>>28486071
Execution for not asking permission to kill the civilian by a superior officer.

Then put on my Commissar hat and make sure the civilians who saw know that their lives are still worthless but that our resolve and discipline is total

>NKVD intensifies.
>>
>>28487622
Blue Falcon is someone who tells on a guy for having a stash of booze against regs, not someone who puts away a mentally unhinged murderer.
>>
>>28486186
>edgy teen literally advocating murder
I thought you had to see a recruiter before you joined the military.
>>
File: not-a-disease.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
not-a-disease.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>28487528
No, you are inventing your own personal definition there

To everyone but you, it merely means something can be accepted
>>
>>28486099
Same
>>
What if that innocent civilian was likely to run back and give away your position Murphy?

What if there was already a strong civilian insurgency with popular support?

I guess my answer would depend but for sure I wouldn't be in any pictures and if I choose to be complicit, then I'm going to smash that camera on a rock or something to keep everyone out of trouble. Life has taught me the weak will try to drag others down with them and anyone taking pictures is weak, weak and stupid.
>>
>>28487857
adjective: acceptable
1.able to be agreed on; suitable.
"has tried to find a solution acceptable to everyone"
adequate; satisfactory.
"an acceptable substitute for champagne"
synonyms: satisfactory, adequate, reasonable, quite good, fair, decent, good enough, sufficient, sufficiently good, fine, not bad, all right, average, tolerable, passable, middling, moderate;
"an acceptable standard of living"
pleasing; welcome.
"some coffee would be most acceptable"
2. able to be tolerated or allowed.
"pollution in the city had reached four times the acceptable level"
synonyms: bearable, tolerable, allowable, admissible, sustainable, justifiable, defensible
"the risk had seemed acceptable at the time"
>>
File: 1408206846697.jpg (8 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
1408206846697.jpg
8 KB, 320x238
Execute him when he's not looking or least prepared, and have the sympathisers drag his body back to camp.
>>
Report 'em. Besides the moral argument I also definitely don't want to serve alongside a bunch of psychopathic fuckwits. People like that get fellow soldiers killed with their bullshit.

>>28487929
Do the Rules of Engagement say you're allowed to shoot unarmed civvies on sight? No? Then don't fucking shoot unarmed civilians, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>28486071
We keep moving. i'll beat the shit out of him later. I need a full squad right now, not a fucking investigation or whatever they do.
>>
>>28486777
Is that niglet being used as gator bait?
>>
>>28486071
A. joke with them and then never mention it again

B. violently refuse and tell them they're being fucking morons that will get us on the front page, make sure they understand where im coming from so they don't think im gonna snitch, never mention it again and move to a new unit at the earliest opportunity
>>
By my squad, do you mean I'm Squad Leader?

If the answer is yes, the next time I'm alone with that guy, I'll take a rifle off a head insurgent and shoot him in the head.

I mean, killing civilians is wrong and whatever, but the important thing is that having somebody that stupid is a danger to the squad.

Both because he clearly can't follow orders, and he's stupid enough to take pictures of it. I wouldn't want to bring down CID on our asses, because that would probably just make things worse and harm the war effort, but I definitely want that guy dead.
>>
File: GOTTAGETAGRIP.jpg (100 KB, 549x549) Image search: [Google]
GOTTAGETAGRIP.jpg
100 KB, 549x549
>>28486071
"Shut the fuck up and keep walking."

To kill is divine, but only other killers.
>>
>tfw already had to deal with this situation

13 "insurgents" "ambushed" our patrol from a little shack on the side of the road, including a young girl. A grenade through an open window killed them all. Several weapons were "recovered" before the shack was torched.

The encounter was reported exactly as it occurred and life went on as per normal.
>>
>>28488377
So you worked with a psycho who blew up 13 innocent people with a grenade, and did nothing about it?
>>
>>28488488
What could I do? It would have been just as easy to report that I got shot in the firefight. The base CO knew exactly what happened and said, and did nothing. Nobody wanted to know. Making it public would get more of our people killed and just make things worse, if I even got that far and didn't have an unfortunate accident. And now it's just a piece of paper in an office somewhere.

What exactly would you have me do.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.