[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have one of the new Inland M1 Carbine reproductions or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: InlandM1_BGHcov01s.jpg (16 KB, 860x216) Image search: [Google]
InlandM1_BGHcov01s.jpg
16 KB, 860x216
Anyone have one of the new Inland M1 Carbine reproductions or seen one? They're supposed to be faithful reproductions of the originals but everything I see about them is basically paid advertising.

Or failing that, what options are there for a nice friendly non-threatening semi auto aside from the Mini-14 and the SKS?
>>
>>28442291
Try to go for a GI...
>>
>>28442291
They varied wildly in quality by year. As the cheap milsurp parts started drying up, they tried to make inexpensive alternate versions of whatever part they needed. This is where a lot of the quality problems came from. If you have a chance to eyeball one before you buy it, check the charging handle. If it's milled and you can't see the bolt lug, it may be one of the okay ones. The ones with a stamped charging handle with a cutout for the lug are a bit sketchier.
>>
>>28442411
Shit fuck crap I can't read. I was thinking of the Universals. Disregard my previous post. Cocks were sucked.
>>
>>28442291
>Really want M1 Carbine
>Only ones I can ever find are the shitty Auto Ordnance repros
>>
>>28442291
The one's I've seen look spot-on, but they are something like $1000-$1100 per.

The only advantage the Inland repros have over a GI is a warranty, but they also lack collector value.

I just said fuck it and bought a Saginaw SG original from my dealer for $800.

>>28442440
>Only ones I can ever find are the shitty Auto Ordnance repros

Gunbroker has hundreds of GI guns if you aren't poor.
>>
>>28442479

Price is not really an issue, I'd just like to have a gun I could shoot a lot of, and I'd feel pretty bad wearing down a historical piece.

I don't really plan on selling it either. Just curious they're reliable or like the Kahr/Chiappa ones.
>>
>tfw grandad has an original m3 and I dont know how to ask him for it
>>
>>28442479
I live in Canada, I don't remember ever seeing a GI model.
>>
It's cheaper and better to buy a usgi m1 carbine
>>
>>28442528
He probably knows you don't deserve it anyway
>>
>>28442291
Saw one on commercial row at the national matches in camp perry last July. It was very well done and a fine looking firearm. The guys from the new inland seemed knowledgeable and sincere. The 1911s were pretty nice too.
>>
>>28442479
I'm waiting for the S.Korean M1s to come in.
>implying the import restriction will ever be lifted
>>
>>28442528
he probably knows youre a pussy who voted for obama in 2008 so he knows not to give it to you
>>
>>28442743
>Voted for obummer
We sat around talking shit about his dumb nigger ass before and since he became president
>>
>>28442613

Cool, thanks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.