[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to buy firearms off of armslist and gunbroker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 6138331730_360e912eec_z.jpg (241 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6138331730_360e912eec_z.jpg
241 KB, 640x480
Is it possible to buy firearms off of armslist and gunbroker and have them shipped to your house without a background check?

When the POTUS says "A violent felon can buy the exact same weapon over the Internet with no background check, no questions asked." im thinking, any firearm bought online is required to go through an ffl, which in turn means a background check. So, could he be talking about private sales through those two sites? Does atf have any regulation concerning selling and shipping a gun directly to a buyer? So my point is, is there a law against such behavior? Or is there no law on the books prohibiting such activities? Because the former means Mr Obama is manipulating facts, and the latter means the president is correct in arguing a flawed system.

*note, this thread concerns the policies of weapons for sale agencies, and the corresponding atf laws against such practices. It would be better to ask a weapons board with users experienced with those sites/laws rather then /pol/. *
>>
>>28440327

No. Gunbroker sales ship to an FFL who runs the background check before transferring it to you.

Barry Hussein is talking out his ass as usual.
>>
The only thing I can think of is buying shit off "the deep web" but every ad reads like a sting operation
>>
>>28440327
is this the real life version of the combat rifle from fallout 4?
>>
I've bought a few antique rifles off GB and had them shipped to my doorstep...
>>
>>28440462
Antiques don't count bro
>>
>>28440441
No, it's a special configured ar15 to comply with ridiculous gun laws, like in NY.
>>
The biggest fear would be they go after artwork that looks 80% like a firearm. They might also try to shutdown online places that facilitate in person private sales. But Obama and Democrats are really stupid monkeys and it would not be a shock he is just making shit up.
>>
I've heard if you buy a long gun on armslist from in state you can have it shipped to your house with a valid DL copy.
No clue how true that is.
>>
>>28440462
You can buy black powder firearms through even catalogs and have them shipped to you.
>>
>>28440643
But the thing is, what's to stop a private seller from posting on armslist and then, after a PayPal payment, ship the gun to the buyer.

The question is, is this against the law? Would these transactions already be illegal? Or is there nothing on the books preventing such transactions.
>>
>>28440671
much like there's nothing stopping people sending drugs through usps/fedex/ups/etc there's nothing stopping them from sending guns. mail and package carriers are used a lot for drug shipments.
>>
>>28440671
Federal Law.
>>
>>28440671
Many years in pound ass prison for sending guns through the mail interstate. It's legal if they are in your own state technically
>>
>>28440671
Within states that allow it, which is most of them, nothing.

>>28440705
Which one?
>>
>>28440438

I remember a few years ago on the silk road, there was a dude selling grenades for $400/each. In the picture he had a full crate of grenades. I figured he was either some sort of crooked supply sergeant or agent smith from the ATF.
>>
>>28440327

I find myself attracted to this gun...is this alright /k/?
>>
File: Ares SCR.jpg (85 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
Ares SCR.jpg
85 KB, 1000x558
>>28440622
This Rifle is NOT NYS SAFE Act compliant due to it's having a bayonet lug and a flash suppressor. :(
Not to mention, I thought that these things could not accept a regular AR upper
>>
File: tumblr_ms90282I5y1r9elhpo1_400.gif (983 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms90282I5y1r9elhpo1_400.gif
983 KB, 400x247
>>28440391
thats what i thought when i heard his address this morning

glad im not the only one who actually knows gun laws
>>
>>28441625
They can be purchased with the 50 state upper that has no lug and no flash hider. They can, however, accept any AR upper.
>>
>>28440805
Nope. You're officially gay now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>28440327
shipping a gun to your doorstep is illegal unless you're talking about an antique, black powder arms, or you hold an FFL. The "gun show loophole" thing that the President was talking about was private sales, where two guys just meet up and exchange goods for currency with no store involved.
>>
>>28443810
I should clarify, this is regarding shipping across state lines. Some states have specific laws about shipping guns inside the state, but most don't (to my admittedly limited knowledge).
>>
>>28440327
Obama is a stupid motherfucker that has no understanding of gun laws.
>FFL = Background Check & 4473
If a gun is shipped to your door and you don't have a FFL you did something really wrong and expect a wake up flashbang in your baby's crib and a free euthanization of any and all pets weighing more than 2.2LBS sometime between 1AM and 4AM
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.