[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G36 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 6753294323_aa7ddf60c5_b.jpg (40 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
6753294323_aa7ddf60c5_b.jpg
40 KB, 1000x400
Hey /k/. I have started my military duty 2 months ago and my weapon is g36-ka4. Any oppinions about this gun? How to use it and clean it efficiently? I like g36 cuz it doesn't weight really much and it's recoil is kinda weak. Yet it's almost made if plastic, even a mag.
>>
>>28425952
>doesn't know how to quickly clean his service rifle

European militaries, everybody.
>>
>>28425952
didnt they teach you how to shoot and clean your weapon in training?
>>
File: hkqgc3n.jpg (2 MB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
hkqgc3n.jpg
2 MB, 3110x2073
>>28425952
Y-you don't know how to clean you weapon? Are you older than 18, OP? What military are you serving?
>>
>>28426069
>>28426090
They tought us that. But I was wondering if there were faster or more efficient ways to do it. I sure can clean my rifle myself.
>>
>>28426140
I'm older than that. I can clean my rifle, just want some tips on how to do it faster etc
>>
>>28426151
Most of k is American where the G36 is banned, a bunds anon might help you but the chances arent great.
>>
>>28426185
Damn.. It takes a lot of time to clean it and I was hoping to get some tips.. that's a bummer
>>
>>28426185
It wouldn't be banned if the faggots at HK set up a plant here.
>>
>>28426218
Why was it banned exactly?
>>
>>28426185
>American where the G36 is banned
u_wot.m8
You know how I know you're a retard? Because I own two G36s converted from SL8s and live in the United States.

>>28425952
>Use it
Point it at things you want dead or destroyed, then pull the trigger.

>clean it efficiently
Remove magwell, remove stock/pistol grip, take bolt carrier out, take off barrel shroud, pull back on op rod to remove, pull out gas piston.

Clean.

Now do the exact same thing in reverse.
>>
>>28426257
German law says military guns cant be sold to civilians ever.
>>
>>28426269
Yeah, well that way I was cleaning g36 this entire time
>>
>>28426218
It's not banned. You can get a 99% authentic G36 in the US if you convert a SL8 using an imported G36 parts kit. You need an authentic G36 rear receiver stub to do the conversion and it cost a lot, but it's fully possible.

>b-but it's an SL8!
>converted guns don't count!
And the HK293, if it's ever released, also won't be a G36 by your standards. At least my gun will have the proper barrel profile.
>>
>>28426287
That's because it's already the most efficient, and only way, to do so.
>>
>>28426174
Well from experience with the HK416 and it's gas system, it rarely needs cleaning. But for a quick field clean you should focus on the bolt, firing pin and the barrel. That's the best way to clean it fast for fuctionality.
The bolt also has a little pin you can remove and clean inside the bolt(be careful to not lose the small spring and rubber thing". Should be cleaned at least every 6 months. Ive had buddies firing single shots due to it not being cleaned.

Let the parts lay in weapon oil for a while, it will make it easier to clean. If you have a high pressure air you can use that to clean the lower case, really lazy way to do it.
If you're gonna clean the weapon for inspection, make sure you clean bolt, firing pin, inside the rail, inside the barrel, the star, the upper and lower case, perhaps inside the buffer.

It all depends, I dont have much experience with the g36, shot it a few times in Germany, but always used the 416.
>>
>>28426329
>Well from experience with the HK416 and it's gas system, it rarely needs cleaning
The gas system is the only similarities between the 416 and G36. Getting to the bolt on a g36 is a pain in the ass compared to a 416. You need to remove the magwell, pistol grip, and stock. At that point, you might as well just take out the op rod and clean the piston while you can.

>the bolt also has a litle pin you can remove and clean inside the bolt
Are you talking about the extractor?
>>
>>28426151
Your basic should have already taught you how to do all of this, and that you shouldn't try to be lone wolf tacticool oper8or. If you deviate from the role you were taught you'll get your team killed because you're no longer a cohesive unit.
>>
>>28426386
Probably, I haven't had the time to check up what the parts are called in English. Sorry.
>>
File: G36.jpg (66 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
G36.jpg
66 KB, 512x288
>>28426386
>bolt
Are you retarded getting to the bolt is literary 4 simple steps.
1) Remove pin
2) Fold down the stock
3) remove baseplate (usually comes right out if you fold down the stock)
4) Bolt Carrier group slides down

If you want to further take down your bolt carrier group, which isn´t recommended for field cleaning, it´s just one additional pin to pull. That´s hardly complicated. I served with the G36 and own a civilian MR223, it is not hard to get to the bolt of either gun.

>>28425952
Just clean the gun like you were taught OP, it´s a good way to get it clean without additional tools. If it would be my gun I would use a copper cleaning rod and patches. But the Bundeswehr issues those only to users of more expensive guns.

>tldr; Do like you were told, don´t be that guy
>>
>>28426386
you don´t have to remove pistol grip, stock and mag well to get to the bol carrier of a g36
>>
>>28425952

I shot a full auto g36 at a range OP. I fell in love with the rifle. It was very comfortable to use and well built. I was in the whole meltikg gun meme and was biased against it but now I dont care. It is a great rifle. As far as advice goes I got none I was just having fun at the range.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.